The Death Penalty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Man is mentally ill
Man was abused himself and failed by the services who could’ve stopped him
Man has a severe learning disability and is not capable of understanding wrong.

is your evidence solid enough to murder him?

Doctors and nurses are better than murders
So you think it's okay he is receiving help after beheading Lee and holding up a bloody machete to a phone camera? The photo of Lee breaks my heart. These people should not be allowed to live

Reactions: 3
Paedophiles and murders of children, then yes, I think the death penalty should be applied here.

I am on the fence regarding other murders, because there have been too many miscarriages of justice.

Reactions: 5
Man is mentally ill
Man was abused himself and failed by the services who could’ve stopped him
Man has a severe learning disability and is not capable of understanding wrong.

is your evidence solid enough to murder him?

Doctors and nurses are better than murders
Yes the evidence is solid enough to kill him. Being the victim of abuse or having a learning difficulty doesn’t mean someone can rape a kid and not be held accountable.

There are 46 crimes that are punishable by death in China. One of them is treason, basically doing anything the government doesn't like, reporting their barbaric crimes against the Muslims. And then cases of robbery, you could litterly forget to pay at the supermarket, and China might kill you if you can't back up your claim.
Yeah you’re right, that’s all very true. 110%

So you think it's okay he is receiving help after beheading Lee and holding up a bloody machete to a phone camera? The photo of Lee breaks my heart. These people should not be allowed to live
You can't pick a choose who gets the death penalty.

By your comment, we should be executing every armed forces member that was involved in Bloody Sunday.

Reactions: 5
Yes the evidence is solid enough to kill him. Being the victim of abuse or having a learning difficulty doesn’t mean someone can rape a kid and not be held accountable.
Be held accountable, or murdered? They are 2 different things.

You seem to think as long as it’s clear HE DID IT, there are no other circumstances to be taken into account. This is again, simplistic and immature.

You think a doctor or nurse should’ve refused him treatment? They’re better people than you- thank goodness

Reactions: 11

You seem to think as long as it’s clear HE DID IT, there are no other circumstances to be taken into account. This is again, simplistic and immature.

You think a doctor or nurse should’ve refused him treatment? They’re better people than you- thank goodness
Stop twisting what people are saying.
the debate isn’t about a doctor or nurse refusing to treat a patient.

• Haha
“your view is not important”

Get a grip. You are seriously sitting there trying to tell me that a man who RAPES A BABY should be considered human?
Yes because they are human. I think that labelling the people who commit these kinds of crimes as inhuman or monsters actually does more harm than good. Sadly we as a human race are capable of terrible things, murder/rape/genocide etc. We need to address that and accept responsibility for it rather than just excuse it as the behaviour of people who are ‘inhuman’.

Reactions: 14
I absolutely do not support the death penalty in any way.

As there is always a chance of unfair conviction it is not at all moral. Pretty sure in the US most people who admit guilt do so to avoid the DP. Think its v uncommon if not never for those who do admit guilt to be given the DP.

I teach my young children that 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Its certainly not a deterrent in countries who do have the death penalty so what is the purpose then? Revenge? I was also under the belief in some countries keeping an inmate on death row costs way in excess of keeping an inmate imprisoned for life due to the costs of all the appeals etc.

Reactions: 7
We shouldn't deny anyone access to medical treatment, when that starts, it's slippery slope, and where does it end? What prisoners get to not get the treatment. Seems very Nazi Germany.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes because they are human. I think that labelling the people who commit these kinds of crimes as inhuman or monsters actually does more harm than good. Sadly we as a human race are capable of terrible things, murder/rape/genocide etc. We need to address that and accept responsibility for it rather than just excuse it as the behaviour of people who are ‘inhuman’.
Agree. Also don't see the logic in labelling someone who commits a crime as 'not human'. They are without question still a human being, it's a fact not a moral judgement.
I have never understood what people think is to be gained in the death penalty. There's tonnes of research that shows it's not a deterrent, and I'm sorry but using China as an example for just about anything is a joke of an argument. How does the death penalty serve justice? I've never heard a convincing argument on this. Saying someone 'doesn't deserve to live' is just emotive rhetoric.

Reactions: 9

I didn't say that. I don't think he should be allowed it.

I am a great person. You obviously are not since you want to judge me because my opinions are different to yours.

This is when topics get out of hand with uncalled for comments!!!! Makes you look stuck up and rude.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I didn't say that. I don't think he should be allowed it.

I am a great person. You obviously are not since you want to judge me because my opinions are different to yours.

This is when topics get out of hand with uncalled for comments!!!! Makes you look stuck up and rude.
You have said clearly your opinion is that lee Rigby’s killer shouldn’t be receiving medical treatment. Why are you pretending you didn’t say that?

You have said clearly your opinion is that lee Rigby’s killer shouldn’t be receiving medical treatment. Why are you pretending you didn’t say that?
I said he shouldn't be given the option. Not that a doctor should refuse him, which you accused me of.

• Haha
“your view is not important”

Get a grip. You are seriously sitting there trying to tell me that a man who RAPES A BABY should be considered human?
Dangerous and illogical game to try to ‘other’ people who commit serious crimes like that. He is human. Just like you. Just like me. Like it or not, it is a fact. His behaviour was abhorrent but we cannot just pretend that he isn’t human because he has committed horrific crimes. The more we do this, support the idea of an inhuman ‘monster’, the more we in a way, excuse and allow the behaviours. By creating this sub-species of ‘monster’ we (society) wash our hands of any responsibility we may have to observe, protect, prevent or rehabilitate and so enable the conditions that create these individuals to thrive.

Reactions: 8
I was directly addressing your ridiculous comment about nurses and doctors.
Ok well that was. A waste of time. Don’t bother in future, and read the insightful, thoughtful posts you’re ignoring so that you can pick around the edges with picking up typos and picking out random bits of posts.

I said he shouldn't be given the option. Not that a doctor should refuse him, which you accused me of.
Who takes away the option?

• Haha