The Coronation of King Charles III

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got my son some coronation PJs from M&S. He needed some new ones and they were cute. Not gonna lie though, I miss the Queen. It’s weird that she’s gone as she’s all we have ever known. Can’t help but miss her presence 💔
I feel like this too, like something is missing

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I can't get used to them referring to Camiilla as the Queen. I just think of Elizabeth and get confused

• Haha
My god! Did you see Next homes coronation stuff.
Beyond angry I missed out on Jack Russell coasters. Not even a tiny bit of sarcasm, I'm actually furious. All I have is a tit tin from M&S which I will treasure forever

• Haha
Tesco are charging £7.50 for a large Coronation cookie with a bit of icing writing on! Some of it is a con!

• Wow
Very poor selection of coronation memorabilia in my local tesco! Just party ware, bunting etc! 😕😕

Genuine question, can someone succinctly explain to me why anyone cares about this? What do you gain from it? Are you missing something in your own life? Do you wish to worship strangers? Am I missing something?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
The concert stars seems really underwhelming from what I've heard and read. Nicole Scherzinger is one who will perform. She's a bit 2010 isn't she.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Sadly I'm back in Aus and won't be able to make it to the only event connected to this over-hyped dog & pony show that holds any fascination for me. My mate's hosting a "Stuff the C0ronation: Rise of the Peasants" doof & attendees are instructed to come dressed as 14th Century farm labourers. He's charging a small admission fee & has arranged with the food & drink stall holders that everyone will be donating a portion of their profits & all left over stock to the local food banks & homeless shelters.

Reactions: 3
Genuine question, can someone succinctly explain to me why anyone cares about this? What do you gain from it? Are you missing something in your own life? Do you wish to worship strangers? Am I missing something?
I wouldn't say I 'care' about it exactly, it's tradition and history and marks a change in our constitutional monarchy. I love the music and seeing the skill of the guardsmen etc and people's outfits.

And it's fun marking an occasion and chatting about food and what we're up to :)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It’s my niece’s birthday so I’ll be travelling to see her.
I don’t have any interest in this coronation because I know I’ll see another one in my lifetime. Charles really is too old for the title to mean anything. He doesn’t even do much in the way of royal engagements anymore. It’s all just an attempt to boost tourism. Which is fine but doesn’t benefit me as I’m up north.

Reactions: 2
I’ll be watching with my mum at least, I’ve got a hamper ordered, bunting and flags. I’ve never considered myself a royalist but I like Charles, William and Catherine. And it’s an historic event! My children couldn’t care less mind you (although I’ve got my autistic ketchup obsessed son a souvenir Heinz ketchup 😂).

Reactions: 2
I’m watching it with my brother, he works in retail and they had planned on opening 🙄 but when they realised there’s going to be zero footfall they decided to close for the day. Thank god, otherwise I would be all by myself! I’m really excited for it, though I do think it will probably be underwhelming. I want to do scones and wee sammiches 😋

I work for an out of hours emergency team ..I’m annoyed as I picked up a 12 hour shift for Saturday as overtime….i looked at the rota and thought “wow I’ve got the coronation bank holiday off! I may as well work on the Saturday” and then the penny dropped a few weeks ago that I’d messed up and the coronation was on Saturday and not the bank holiday 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣 silly arse!

I am not a huge royal fan but do like to join in with festivities if we can. Planning to record the coronation coverage, and fake celebrations with a little Party with husband and the kids on Sunday and watch it. Kids are aged 4 and 1 so they’ll be excited about having cake and crisps before then having a tantrum and asking for Bluey back on.

Edited to amend some of
My appalling typos

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’m watching and have a hamper ordered. I will be looking at the dresses and jewels. Little disappointed as I was hoping to see either Catherine or Sophie in the Poltimore tiara but I have just been informed it was sold by her children on her death 😥

I’m quite looking forward to watching it but I feel like I have to keep it a secret that I’ll be watching.

Reactions: 3
Couldn't even tell you exactly when it starts, but I'm sure it'll clash with something. Putting the bins out, Dundalk v Raith Rovers Reserves, cleaning the oven. Something important like that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.