The Coronation of King Charles III

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure yet. My friend wants to go for a drive. Not sure how much he likes driving but I'll ask him if he'd like to visit my Aunt, but it's 3 hour trip! She said there are street parties there. I'd like to watch Coronation but it may be on catchup. No bunting here however. And certainly no broad bean quiche!

@Lonette hope you find a street party near you!
---
Oh yikes, does it automatically put a crown icon when you mention the C word? I didn't add that emoticon!

I’m actually not a royalist btw, just an excuse to host a big party 😂 I’ve got loads of bunting and Union Jack plates, I considered getting a cardboard cut out of Charles but I can’t justify £40 🤣🤣🤣

If anyone had any nice buffet / bbq ideas please share 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m actually not a royalist btw, just an excuse to host a big party 😂 I’ve got loads of bunting and Union Jack plates, I considered getting a cardboard cut out of Charles but I can’t justify £40 🤣🤣🤣

If anyone had any nice buffet / bbq ideas please share 😊
Ooh bbq. We used to like doing a camembert wrapped in foil with fresh bread for starters, skewers with marinated peppers, meat/halloumi/prawns, cherry tomatoes for main with rice and salad and tomato salsa, then bananas with melted chocolate and vanilla ice cream for dessert

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ooh bbq. We used to like doing a camembert wrapped in foil with fresh bread for starters, skewers with marinated peppers, meat/halloumi/prawns, cherry tomatoes for main with rice and salad and tomato salsa, then bananas with melted chocolate and vanilla ice cream for dessert
That sounds amazing! Definitely going to do an array on baked cheeses and kebabs 🤣 I can already see myself going way overboard 😂😂

Oh wow 😍

Reactions: 1
The amount of funding going into this thing is insane! Not even talking about the ceremony itself but all the promo around it. It must cost so much money. All the ads and everything.

(Nb not having a pop around politics - it’s just a little mind-boggling)

Reactions: 4
I just hope the weather is nice because it will be so depressing otherwise.

Reactions: 3
I've bought myself a coronation mug from Sainsburys and a bag of coronation chicken crisps.

• Heart
:ROFLMAO: I'm not British and not even in Britain, but I'll watch the whole thing on TV and my partner and I decided to make a day out of it with baking some British treats to have along with it.
I might have a go at the quiche as well, I like quiche.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
:ROFLMAO: I'm not British and not even in Britain, but I'll watch the whole thing on TV and my partner and I decided to make a day out of it with baking some British treats to have along with it.
I might have a go at the quiche as well, I like quiche.
Make sure you have a cream tea!

• Heart
I'm always mildly interested in the pomp and ceremony of these events, but ultimately I don't really care much. I care even less now the Queen is no longer around. It's going to be a cut back event anyway isn't it?

Having a tea party with my boys. One is looking forward to seeing the soldiers and guards, the other is excited for the bling and tiaras. I just love an excuse to get the tea pot and cakes out 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm going to make a few scones and a Victoria sponge and have my parents round. Iv bought some bunting, flags and my little boy a coronation t shirt!
I love watching anything like this on TV and would love to be there. I'm a real Charles supporter and I'm glad to see him King... .
Then im off to see Avril Lavigne later in the evening 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 ❤🤍💙

Reactions: 7
Got my son some coronation PJs from M&S. He needed some new ones and they were cute. Not gonna lie though, I miss the Queen. It’s weird that she’s gone as she’s all we have ever known. Can’t help but miss her presence 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had no idea all this coronation merch was out there! Might pop to the shops later and buy a mug at least. It just feels like something that should be marked in some way at home, however small!

Nobody around me wants to celebrate the Coronation!

I think I'll rope someone in to watch with me and do crab and mango, cucumber, and chicken sandwiches then a cream tea.

Response from a friend: "well I suppose I could go into the bedroom for a break" (he has another TV in there).

Harrumph. Killjoys.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.