Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jkroche95

VIP Member
I’ve seen some people genuinely believe she grew up impoverished and the reason the RF didn’t like her was because she was common. The founder of her noble house was knighted by Henry VIII and her families royal connections in the past 500 years have been on par with Charles, but somehow people are genuinely out here thinking she had no clue about the aristocrat lifestyle and was just a normal girl.
i wish i was that common 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
He was ready king as soom as the queen mother died ceremonies such as the Accession Council and the coronation in their own ways merely endorse a succession that has already taken place. It is not, necessary for the monarch to be crowned in order to become King: Edward VIII reigned as King without ever being crowned.
But only because he abdicated before his coronation which was due the following May

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I reckon they are all at home now, M&S jammies on, feet up in bed with a cuppa, a job well done feeling in their bellies and ready to watch Match of the Day.

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
See, I think we got our hopes up cos of the funeral, which was lethal. Hard to top that.

Didn’t realise there was another thread, wondered why no one had posted in the RF thread😂

Was great to watch, shame no tiaras but the flower pieces Kate and Charlotte wore were cute and matching, but did feel awkward at some points. I don’t think Camilla covered herself in grace today, looked bored a lot of the time, messing with her hair when the crown was put on and felt a bit awkward when she was talking to the young boys in the balcony. My boyfriend doesn’t really know much about her and was asking what her problem is and said she could do with getting some energy. Would have looked better on the balcony without her if she was gonna be so half arsed about it. We made the comment as well that because it was so toned back with day dresses it made Charles stick out and look a bit out of place.
She was probably so nervous and still worried about opinions of her?
I’ve seen people on my Facebook sharing pictures of Diana saying it should have been your day

• Sad

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The problem is that he’s too old, too tainted by stuff that’s gone on in the past (and yes I know it wasn’t all him) and he’s just not his mum who was always going to be a very hard act to follow. He lacks her charisma and air of mystery. Ive also heard so many people say that they’d be interested if it were William being crowned.

Hope96

VIP Member
Ah I personally really enjoyed watching that with my family. We're now having afternoon tea which my younger siblings have been looking forward to! Royal events always make me feel really patriotic especially the national anthem which I know is not for everyone but I really like it!

Honeystar

VIP Member
Camilla was absent from both the big receptions yesterday to mark the coronation, I don’t think her health is anywhere near as good as Charles’s

Reactions: 10

Lammington

VIP Member
Camilla was a bit odd. Fiddling with her bloody hair and sitting looking off to the side a lot of the time 😂
I enjoyed all the music tbh, seemed a real connection to coronations from centuries ago. The Greek music was from the 5th century or something like that.
It did all feel a bit strange without the Queen. She had been at the heart of these ceremonies for so long.
I got the feeling Camilla was likely in pain - she was very stiff even before the crown was on, looked to be walking and sitting very stiffly.
If she was on opiates for pain, a common side effect is itching, often of the head. She looked with the hair fussing like she was scratching or struggling not to.

I could be wrong, but yeah. I suspect she was going through it to get through the day.

Andouilette

Are there any street parties near any of you? None round here.
Yes, perhaps surprisingly as I am in Scotland where we have been told repeatedly that we don't care about this sort of thing (did they even watch the journey of Her late Majesty's cortege through Scotland???). A party mainly for children in my nearest small town and a proper street party in the next town along.