Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Jeeze Harry shouldn't have bothered his hole.
What was the point in attending when the world knows they've had a rift.

Reactions: 13

Moneypenny’sfreedom

Very facile point but….

The choir singing was amazing, however if you were the parents of the young lad who appeared to have a bird’s nest/ Mr Whippy hair arrangement would it have killed them to introduce him to a hairdresser, before his visage was beamed across world.

I did expect a bit more.. not sure what … but felt fairly lacklustre. What did they do when they went behind the screen… were they signing something/ having a quick fag/ nibbling some sustainable caviar? At one point I think they had a rest.

Charles has had the longest apprenticeship in history, let’s hope GNVQ level 2 in being a King actually pays off.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Howdy

VIP Member
I enjoyed it because the Brits are masters of pomp and ceremony and I am always impressed by how well executed these events are, but I didn't feel great joy from the K&Q on the balcony. They just didn't look that happy. Poor Camilla looked stiff and awkward. Maybe they didn't know how to act, or that acting too jolly would appear bad taste; I think they were all a little dammed if they do and damned if they don't with all the criticism of the event with a cost of living crisis. William didn't look that happy/excited either. They all seemed to be weighed down. They are of course a family like any other when stripped down and have all this Harry crap to deal with in the background. Charles has a lovely, warm smile when he does it genuinely and it makes his eyes twinkle - it would have been good to see that on the balcony.

William had a short allegiance script to say and should have memorised it. It looked odd as he was saying his lines to the piece of card not to Charles although apparently Prince Philip didn't memorise it either. To me it felt awkward. The 'cheat sheets' didn't bother me in general for Charles as there was a lot to get through at different points but those few short lines would be easy for William: "I, William, Prince of Wales, pledge my loyalty to you and faith and truth I will bear unto you, as your liege man of life and limb. So help me God."

Last edited:
Reactions: 12

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Not entirely sure Russia and North Korea are states we should be aiming to emulate 😕
Ya I wouldn't like to think why those soldiers are so good at marching. I don't think a coronation is going to top a wedding or a funeral because it doesn't have the same emotional aspect. People can't connect to it in the same way they could with a wedding or a funeral either because we'll never have one ourselves. That and the fact that Charles is in the same position now that he's been in since the Queen died so there's no big change. It was still a good show though.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Anne actually seems very self aware and understands her privilege. She doesn't mind mucking in when it matters. She's probably one of the more grounded (if that's entirely possible) royals.
Yes I have to say I've really come to like Anne she is one of my favs.

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Or when people comment on Harry's baldness as if Charles and WIlliam have a full head of flowing locks 😂
Charles hair isn't bad for his age! Harry seems to be trying to hide the fact that he's going bald. He always has some hair photoshopped in when he releases a photo. William def looks better with a hat on but at least he just keeps it cut tight and accepts it.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The whole thing felt very ‘Flat’ to me. The best part was the music in the abbey, as always the acoustics in that building are fantastic and of course Zadok the Priest always sounds amazing. But yeah, meh. Maybe it’s just me?

Em_gardener

VIP Member
I’ve seen some people genuinely believe she grew up impoverished and the reason the RF didn’t like her was because she was common. The founder of her noble house was knighted by Henry VIII and her families royal connections in the past 500 years have been on par with Charles, but somehow people are genuinely out here thinking she had no clue about the aristocrat lifestyle and was just a normal girl.
She was Lady Diana before her marriage wasn't she? I think people get confused by her working as some kind of child minder - that's not a job you associate with the wealthy and privileged.

coconochanel

VIP Member
I think it was a bit of boring because in the last few years we've had the jubilee and the Queens funeral which were massive events. this seems a bit dull compared to them.

Hope96

VIP Member
King Charles always looks quite emotional when they play the national anthem. ❤

Reactions: 11