The Chateau Diaries #97. The Omikron and the Asses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[QUOTE="Ann G., post: 7571606, member: 267589"

Don't get me wrong, ours are soldiers as well, they endure and complete all of their regular training. It's just that they're hand picked to be in the ceremonial groups right at the end of training.
[/QUOTE]

Clearly different here, although once upon a time you had to be at least 6ft 2 ins to join a Guards regiment. That is no longer is the case. The Household Cavalry for instance, rotate between ceremonial duties and active service, They are not an ad hoc ceremonial guard of "pretty boys".

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Teenagers can be real shits. Most come right and realise how good they had it. You just have to stop yourself from murdering them till that happens. Goodluck
Agreed!! She is a really good kid but geeezzz sometimes!! And when I say gawd!! You are being such an ass! She just says: you're a parent -they must have told you about thus stage?! You must have been prepared! It's hard being mad at her but gawd she can be quite maddening 🤯

Im sorry you are struggling with one of your adult children, and I hope things turn around. I have empathy for your situation…it must be hard.

My issue with Billy’s desertion from the military is that it appears Pa and Ma Petherick did nothing about it (possibly). One of two things happened: One…If Ma and Pa (and Michael and Sadie) knew he had deserted, in my opinion they should have persuaded Billy to return and face the consequences. If he refused to go, they should have turned him in (I know it sounds harsh because it’s his parents and siblings, but it’s the right thing to do…and in the US, if you knowingly harbor or hide someone, you can be held accountable). Or, second….Billy might have lied to his parents and siblings saying he left the military on good terms (when in reality he didn’t). In that case, Billy’s been lying to his parents and siblings for over 10 years. To watch Billy and Michael laugh about it is terrible.

100% full agree. Well said.

Fanny may have a Chanel, but not classy flaps!

However, my guess is that you aren't asking anyone else (other than Santa) to fund your life and lifestyle-if she had made a fortune by digging ditches , then making a crew of ditch diggers THEN making the world's biggest ditch digging company-EVERYONE WOULD DELIGHT!! In her riches!! She earned then, right now, she is just a fancy grifter.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Thankfully, that is not the case in the UK. The Household Cavalry, Blues and Royals and the various Guards Regiments, The RAF Queen's Squadron, are soldiers first and foremost.
A friend's 20 year old son, was on ceremonial duties as a Welsh Guardsmen at Windsor and St James' Palace before losing both legs and suffering brain injury in an IED explosion in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, killing several of his patrol.

View attachment 935921
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's son. I knew a few former ceremonial marines who deployed after basically begging to be sent to the regular corp because they couldn't bear to be stateside when their brothers in arms were fighting overseas, especially as all of the USMC guard are infantry men & women. The majority of them get out after their 4 year stint, though some will reenlist only if they are allowed to transition out of the ceremonial & guard corps. The only ones I ever knew who reenlisted for ceremonial duties voluntarily were the band members. Ironically, I had a friend who was deployed in Afghanistan while she was in the army. She got out when she came home then wanted to go back and joined the state department. It was only then that her humvee was hit by an ied when delivering books to a girls school and she also suffered brain injury and loss of crew members, but her limbs are intact. I used to meet a lot of soldiers when I worked in DC as I was very close to the USMC headquarters. Many of them were missing limbs, but what worried me was the ones who were missing the part of their brains that were wired for living in a non military capacity. It's very hard for a lot of veterans to reintegrate into civilian life once they've spent so much time overseas actively engaged. Thankfully there are a lot of veteran run non-profits over here that help these men and women, but many fall through the cracks. The suicide rates for these vets is 1.5 the times the amount of civilians and that's just unconscionable considering what these men and women have sacrificed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Could the black tshirt be Steve and not Dan? I am trying to work out timeline as Steve’s parents arrived for Christmas on their blog. Yet they left them to attend drinks at La La. just trying to work that out in my head.
Those are definitely Dan's slim arms.
1640055850776.png
1640056087725.png

• Sad
Reactions: 16
[QUOTE="Ann G., post: 7571606, member: 267589"

Don't get me wrong, ours are soldiers as well, they endure and complete all of their regular training. It's just that they're hand picked to be in the ceremonial groups right at the end of training.
Clearly different here, although once upon a time you had to be at least 6ft 2 ins to join a Guards regiment. That is no longer is the case. The Household Cavalry for instance, rotate between ceremonial duties and active service, They are not an ad hoc ceremonial guard of "pretty boys".
[/QUOTE]
We prefer to call them "The Face of the Marines". (That's directly from the head of PR at 8th and I) They still practice infantry skills while being in the guard or silent drill or president's own, but for all intents and purposes, they look good for 4 years then they go to school on the governments dime. One summer, the Navy honor guard in DC got nicknamed the Gonner guard because they kept passing gonorrhea back and forth to each other. Clearly not the sharpest tools in the shed. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Agreed!! She is a really good kid but geeezzz sometimes!! And when I say gawd!! You are being such an ass! She just says: you're a parent -they must have told you about thus stage?! You must have been prepared! It's hard being mad at her but gawd she can be quite maddening 🤯
My darling, you must have to do this (and I am sad for even having to bring this up) "When I was YOUR age..." There were no cell phones, one was forced to listen to whatever was playing on the radio (and there were ADS!) Dinner consisted whatever vile microwaveable meal was in the freezer (or Kraft dinner- which was ONLY a win if your Mum remembered to buy milk. Which was usually a NO. "Oh, what are YOU doing here? I thought I sent you away." "Mum, the school is on break." "This school could have at least sent me a note." "Suspect they did. Can I just go stay with Dad?" "No. He's having a fine holiday on the slopes with your brother and your potential new mum- she's so young, but hideous! And so you are stuck with me- but, we're going to develop a "Mother-Daughter" relationship during this time." "No. Please send me back to school now.") Ironically, we all tuned out fine (we kind of made this mess of over-babying our kids to compensate for our shite upbringing- but it's time to bring them home.) "We love you, but while you think the 80s were so grand and awesome, you'd not survive a day in OUR life. But here's a quarter- see if you can find an actual pay phone to call home."

• Haha
Reactions: 14
grew up in a military household. Many Americans enlist out of love of country, family tradition or as a means to get an education. Not everyone is gung ho and out for oil/spoils, some merely are seeking a way out of poverty and joining the forces is an opportunity to get schooling covered after (or during) enlistment.
Dear Ann G.. respect to you and your family… I just want to say, that I meant no disrespect to any man or woman who fights the war… my issue as I said in my post was with The Man who takes advantage of people’s need for education and earring a living so they can sell their weapons and win oil and spoils. If the government of US of A really cared about the safety of their people, they would deploy their armies to protect their schools! not to throw b*&bs on top of civilians’ heads…

I too wish everyone would put their weapons down and stop making traumatized orphans of innocent children…

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Teenagers can be real shits. Most come right and realise how good they had it. You just have to stop yourself from murdering them till that happens. Goodluck
My favorite teen parenting move is to just take their cell phones away. Or turn their cell phones into just phones, with no texting or internet, that can only call my number. So easy and they hate it! Another fun idea I’ve been kicking around would be to send sassy teens to a volunteer program at a little dilapidated farm house in the middle of France in the dead of winter with no heat, hot water, plumbing & golden bedspreads covered in feces.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
They go to the same conferences, I am telling you!

Btw do you recall that I said that Anne Mary sounds like old lady speaking and I was wondering how his mum speaks and now it is clear, he is super warm soft spoken like his mum and he has his dad's humor
Sometimes i wonder how does Lizzie fit in that family or Steffi for that matter...
Steffi gets the warmness of her aunt, the selfishness of her mother, and I’m guessing the craziness of daddy D

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Dear Ann G.. respect to you and your family… I just want to say, that I meant no disrespect to any man or woman who fights the war… my issue as I said in my post was with The Man who takes advantage of people’s need for education and earring a living so they can sell their weapons and win oil and spoils. If the government of US of A really cared about the safety of their people, they would deploy their armies to protect their schools! not to throw b*&bs on top of civilians’ heads…

I too wish everyone would put their weapons down and stop making traumatized orphans of innocent children…
I can't argue with a word you wrote. Contractors have realized what a cash cow the military is and have been milking the system for years all the while actual soldiers haven't got all the equipment they need or it's in poor working order but damn if that contract didn't get signed off for and paid. It's become a racket. There is an actual need for armed forces globally as long as countries are armed and like I was saying, they're not all grabbing oil & spoils...we were stationed in Germany when I was growing up so my dad could listen to the Russians to see what they were up to. It's a nuanced and complicated thing, but the bottom line is that the world would be better if none of us had nuclear capabilities. Unfortunately, the military is there to protect our freedom and that includes the right to bear arms. I think making bullets cost $5,000 apiece or requiring insurance to own a gun would be a step in the right direction. I'm glad I don't have kids to be honest...and I'm glad I went to school overseas where people were far more civilized.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can't argue with a word you wrote. Contractors have realized what a cash cow the military is and have been milking the system for years all the while actual soldiers haven't got all the equipment they need or it's in poor working order but damn if that contract didn't get signed off for and paid. It's become a racket. There is an actual need for armed forces globally as long as countries are armed and like I was saying, they're not all grabbing oil & spoils...we were stationed in Germany when I was growing up so my dad could listen to the Russians to see what they were up to. It's a nuanced and complicated thing, but the bottom line is that the world would be better if none of us had nuclear capabilities. Unfortunately, the military is there to protect our freedom and that includes the right to bear arms. I think making bullets cost $5,000 apiece or requiring insurance to own a gun would be a step in the right direction. I'm glad I don't have kids to be honest...and I'm glad I went to school overseas where people were far more civilized.
My dad too was in Germany (west Germany back then) he was an interpreter for pilots from my country who went there for training. I was born there, and then went back home, because my country was at war and my dad was not the type to let his bothers die while he was safe and sound.

he never returned from the war, and I experienced so many attacks on our city that still to this day, the slightest loud sound (like fireworks) puts me in panic attack. If I could give a hug to anyone who has had to fight in someone else’s war, who has had no choice in life but to make the difficult choice and to take the hardest route, I would gladly do it 💙

I’m also glad I don’t have kids, I have lost my faith in humanity’s future..

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Where does a Workaway volunteer get the money for rings and expensive baubles? His iPhone wielding for her videos ( attendant honking and snorting aside ) surely doesn’t provide the income to justify such expenditure. Remind yourself Sir Snorty - you’re Dutch; your thrifty countrymen will strip you of citizenship for such spendthrift ways.
SJ must be insane or possessed if she thinks this man, young enough to be her son, brings anything to her brand. A lapdog who’s gone from sitting on her knee to Top Dog inserting himself into everything: He should be expelled from the pack.
I try to envisage them rationalising the negative feedback and lack of channel growth. He must have some serious influence if she’s dissuaded he’s not a big factor in that. It seems to me his presence is, at the very best, stalling what was (until his covert to overt inclusion), a rapidly growing business model. The Patreon model is so new, so potentially tentative that, when you consider her audience age and their values, her screwing a man young enough to be her son seems brand suicide. The talents he might have are only recognised by her, perhaps his grandparents and a few Charleston-dancing, femboy-friendly viewers. Word to CLL. These people are NOT your bread and butter. That’s Grannies who love France, history, lifestyle/DIY and were/are locked down. They want to come visit when Covid “goes away”. They want Stephanie in her Provence skirt. They want to sit in the Chapel, take photos of Thor and the Ians. They want to peek in Isabelle’s greenhouse. They don’t want a beanie wearing Dutchman playing at Lord of the Manor twitching, honking and snorting disparagingly at them. View attachment 935449
Dont forget he is not paying rent nor utility bills. He prob contributes to groceries or buys his own food, but clearly participates in the communal dinners. I wonder how that works out money wise for those living there... Are those dinners included in their compensation.

Another thing I'm wondering is why do we think the majority of watchers and/or patrons are grannies? Is it just a joke or is it known that the fans lean 65+ female? Just curious lol

Reactions: 8
Another thing I'm wondering is why do we think the majority of watchers and/or patrons are grannies? Is it just a joke or is it known that the fans lean 65+ female? Just curious lol
If the Chateau Facebook page is any indication, they are mostly old women… anyones profile I open is literally a white granny 😂 (think a community full of Wendy the mouse lady)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
If the Chateau Facebook page is any indication, they are mostly old women… anyones profile I open is literally a white granny 😂 (think a community full of Wendy the mouse lady)
By and large it is the same demographic here, right? 50+ white females and our gay friends?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The aunt looks and sounds like a sweet old lady, very much unlike Isabelle! Her husband seems normal too.
It appears that Amaury was raised by good, unpretentious, hardworking people.

cd255.png

I quite enjoyed watching the vlog (well, just the bit where the auntie cooks).
The worst part of the vlog is Philip's pointless and countless philipicating!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.