The Chateau Diaries #97. The Omikron and the Asses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chateau Diaries #89
Was really the thread of statements
There’s so many - apologies if I missed yours 😈

Here’s my top choice
Nov 29, 2021
Le Comte de Monte Cristo said:
omg how do all these lunatics find eachother?? is there an app??

Title thread 🧵
Author ✍ @Le Comte de Monte Cristo

omg how do all these lunatics find eachother?? is there an app??

🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯😈

Notable for their views…..

Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring
@ComtesseRose

SJ spends all her time with other men. But I have forks!
@Patriciarella

@ScarlettoShara said:
this world of role play and bad tango.
@Clara Burnett nominated

This world of role play and bad tango.

He is buying subs and views to get the monetizing started a.s.a.p.
@Clara Burnett

Because what did they do in the birthplace of renaissance? Went to the f*cking Gucci museum.
@Jikki2

I'm sitting here ... shook by the new level of stupid we're seeing ...
@Marty McFly9

Squirrel Boy can be very embarrassing for her especially when she is showing off !!
@Pekey

And at least I know when actual Christian Advent begins which actually calls for fasting and not candy. :cool: :LOL: ✌
@Marquis de Potpourri

What's going on? Are there not enough beds in the loony bins these days?
@the tax inspector

THEY PHOTOSHOPPED AN EXTRA TOWER INTO PICTURE OF CHATEAU?!?! Seriously these people are nuts.
@Rory

The woman is amazing manipulator I give her that
@sandro37

@ScarlettoShara
Beau Monde, you and I are wishing for the same Methy v. Squirrelnuts battle royale! Teacups at dawn!

Perhaps they should call in Jill Scott for help with the accounting.
@Rory

The tooth 🦷 fairy @Jeeves

😈🎯😈🎯🙏
They go to the same conferences, I am telling you!

Btw do you recall that I said that Anne Mary sounds like old lady speaking and I was wondering how his mum speaks and now it is clear, he is super warm soft spoken like his mum and he has his dad's humor
Sometimes i wonder how does Lizzie fit in that family or Steffi for that matter...

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Not fair entirely, methinks, to blame an adult's actions on the parents. Just my 2 cents. (I am afraid one of my offspring has been a disappointment to us lately. Mainly because they are lacking in compassion, empathy, and kindness towards others, which is so sad. )
Im sorry you are struggling with one of your adult children, and I hope things turn around. I have empathy for your situation…it must be hard.

My issue with Billy’s desertion from the military is that it appears Pa and Ma Petherick did nothing about it (possibly). One of two things happened: One…If Ma and Pa (and Michael and Sadie) knew he had deserted, in my opinion they should have persuaded Billy to return and face the consequences. If he refused to go, they should have turned him in (I know it sounds harsh because it’s his parents and siblings, but it’s the right thing to do…and in the US, if you knowingly harbor or hide someone, you can be held accountable). Or, second….Billy might have lied to his parents and siblings saying he left the military on good terms (when in reality he didn’t). In that case, Billy’s been lying to his parents and siblings for over 10 years. To watch Billy and Michael laugh about it is terrible.

Reactions: 23
Fanny may have a Chanel, but not classy flaps!

She already has one! She wore it when she and MPK went out on the town in London one night, and I've seen it a few times in various vlogs. I must admit SJ and I share the same taste when it comes to a Chanel classic flap bag. (Preferably black caviar leather with gold hardware in the size Medium, thank you Santa! or light gold hardware if no gold available. thanks. ) so I can't fault her there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
She already has one! She wore it when she and MPK went out on the town in London one night, and I've seen it a few times in various vlogs. I must admit SJ and I share the same taste when it comes to a Chanel classic flap bag. (Preferably black caviar leather with gold hardware in the size Medium, thank you Santa! or light gold hardware if no gold available. thanks. ) so I can't fault her there.
Yes, but Stephanie still needs more, more, more, for me, me, me! Especially if it’s free, one can never have enough!

Reactions: 16
Thanks guys for all the love. I've cheered up now and I return it a thousandfold.
While I was pottering around the house listening to the You Tube feed something came up about being positive and how we had become pampered compared to our ancestors who had to suffer plague, the pox and wars amongst other things whereas we have more resources than they had which makes it easier for us.
The most precious thing is being grateful for what you have. Some children in the world have nothing not even toys but can wake up and be joyous. We need to rely less on materialism which will make us more resilient. We think we have it bad but some people have it really bad. I think this is the lesson we are learning. I certainly am.
I was hooked by this point and sat down to pay more attention. People were asking questions about Covid amongst other things and they said there would be a short lockdown in January (which sounds like the circuit breaker) and a 4th injection for the new variant. The virus was getting weaker every time and will mutate to adapt to us as we are a collection of viruses and they think it will become benign.
We will gradually get back to normality and it will never be as bad as before.
We basically have to use common sense now and keep out of clubs and away from large crowds.
They also spoke of snow thunder where they lived, which I think is the Dorset area of the UK, which sounded scary and was something I think they said happened at the beginning of the first lockdown and people thought it was Armageddon and the end of the world! Has any Tattler got experience of this phenomenon?
@Chocolategoggler, we've missed you! I, too, wish it would all go away (I've gotten both Moderna jabs and the booster- and now here comes Omnicron to jack up all of of plans.)
I am so sorry. Compassion -empathy, I'm not sure these are qualities that can be taught, nor lack of them learned. No matter what the childhood is like, or what it is perceived to be, at some point in adulthood you have to take responsibility for your own actions, regardless of past experiences. I say "perceived" to be because we have one daughter, 15 and we are older parents so we don't worry about "getting out there" we are quite content to stay at home and cater to this little angels whim. Now, she was horribly bullied in one school, including, and led by the teacher, but I was (eh hem, a strong protector so... ya) so not a PERFECT childhood. However, we do so much to make sure that she has travel, experiences, we spend buckets of time with her and while she has been yelled at more in the last 6 months than in all of the previous years combined, that number is still VERY SMALL!! Growing up I would say really yelled at like maybe?? 3 times, maybe 4?? Now it's been like 6, so once a month but she really us saying some obnoxious crap -all about "our deficits" as parents. 😑 I mean wtf... I was basically raised by wolves!! My husband, latch key kid who made MUSTARD sandwiches-really.... really

Long story long, I feel you. It is frustrating AF and there never seems to be a correct response or resolution. I'm sorry. Hopefully it will work itself out soon.
@nastynan13, as one who was raised by wolves as well (high-5s to all the feral Gen Xers- we pretty much raised ourselves!), you are doing everything right and are a terrific mum. At 15, your daughter is dealing with this thing called "hormones", which, in my opinion, is worse than the terrible 2s of a toddler. (Also add in 'Rona to the mix, and social media- wow, I certainly would not want to be a kid growing up right now.) This is no reflection of your husband and you as parents- she's going through roller coaster mood swings, and trying to figure out "life". Hang in there- it'll get better, and while patience goes a long way, don't be afraid to lay down the law, as your husband and you are the adults. You're giving her the best life, and eventually she'll realize it (it might not be until she goes off to Uni, but it'll happen!)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Was Snorty drunk? More obnoxious than usual. Agreed he is not making a good impression on Auntie! He can not shut up but has nothing to say.

Was Snorty drunk? More obnoxious than usual. Agreed he is not making a good impression on Auntie! He can not shut up but has nothing to say.
5A1F4037-7F39-4C95-8EC1-DF1CC8C9ACDD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
@Jeeves For Thread #95, I picked

“Tattle helped me see the error of my ways” @Sillywidget and @Kickintheass

There were a lot of great comments and one-liners in this thread; here’s the ones I captured:

Michael’s undies looked festive and Christmasy! @KyBourbon

She holds her phone so claw like ... its like an old old old lady claw hand. @Marty McFly 9

MP is going to push a baby vlog out of his vlogina later today @shaken&stirred

How cold is the house? If you died in there you wouldn't need embalming @Freesia54

My Christmas wish is that friggin stuffed ferret ends up in the bin! @Lady Avonlea

We’re being played and this an excuse to make us all zoom in to his jibbly bits@Bleu Lala

If you can’t keep a plant alive for a year you’re not ready for a relationship. @OhIDontKnow...

Did I mention the stuffed hair in the shower drain? @Clara Burnett

Santa Claustrophobia, rather than Santa Claus. @NotAChatelaine

It's the complete opposite of beauty! ~ Edith Massey as Queen Carlotta in Desperate Living @Beau Monde

Paaarfectly snug, cozy and full of tat @Jules100

Just because you CAN wear it, doesn't mean you SHOULD wear it!!! @Arfarf

Tattle really needs to add a face-palm emoji... @Lady of the Lake

We were treated to more clips of "The Summer Sex Tour." Gross. @Granola Chic

Oh, to always live in fear of disclosure... @Clara Burnett

Li’l Phillie is getting quite cocksure these days @silvergirl

He really needs an entire personality transplant - his whole career has flatlined. @MojoDublin

She has an itching ass...she never can stay at home... @Le Comte de Monte Cristo

She still thinks floating around in dressing gowns makes her a Chatelaine that the 'staff' should 'doff' their caps to. @CountessPompidoo

It cannot be long before even Selmar is mugged by reality. @Seeingitasitis

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you? This still cracks me up and I've used it in conversation (don't ask) 😜
It sounds like something my former coworkers and I would have said to one another, and is by far my favourite as well!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Phyllis as a bartender be like...

Anyone in the UK, who can find a Mr. Frosty in a charity shop and give it to him during a GAG?! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
I received a Mr. Frosty for Christmas when I was four. It was my favorite present. I treated Mr. Frosty like a teddy bear and clutched it to sleep at night.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
@Jikki2 Thank you for your service, and thank you for your eloquent post regarding the disrespectful BillyP. My father, step-father, sister, her 2 husbands, my nephew and just about every man on my American biological father's side and a few on my mum's side in the UK served. I grew up in a military household. Many Americans enlist out of love of country, family tradition or as a means to get an education. Not everyone is gung ho and out for oil/spoils, some merely are seeking a way out of poverty and joining the forces is an opportunity to get schooling covered after (or during) enlistment. There are far more opportunities available than infantry, my dad was a liguist & intel analyst for the majority of his life long career. I have a love/hate relationship with the military--while I know it's necessary, I also know it's fraught with issues. If the whole world could agree to put down weapons, that would be a lovely thing. All that aside. Billy Petherick is a giant twit. People put their lives on the line and this asshole goes awol because he got teased? Bloody good thing they weren't under attack! The fact that he took off like a coward and couldn't face his higher ups is appalling. He will be forever known to me as Patheterick. What a sad excuse for a human being.

If the ceremonials over there are anything like the ones over here, they get hand picked because they fit a certain look that the particular branch is looking for. Over here for instance, the USMC ceremonial guard is picked while the recruits are completing the school of infantry. They're fed a line of bs by the one picking them out (because they're a certain height, build and are pretty and are not what you would consider full on fighting machines) and come to DC to be performing monkeys and also do guard duty at the commandants house and the white house. Once in awhile some of them fight to get sent back into the regular corps, but the majority of the ceremonial guard end up doing the stint they signed up for then getting out and going to college.

My little brother was in the US Air Force and was deployed twice to Afghanistan. He suffers from PTSD and it has caused some problems between him and some of my other siblings (to the point that they do not speak to one another, even after two+ years). It's disgraceful what Billy did. How grossly unfair if he was able to "buy off" the years he deserted, thanks to his heiress wife. He should be in prison, but we all know that prison is only for poor people.
I'm so sorry your little brother is suffering (as well as the rest of your family) with PTSD. I do hope he is getting help. I knew a marine who deployed 4 times and his fiance said weed was the only thing that kept him from waking up screaming in the middle of the night. If that's an option, my friend said for him, it worked better than the anti-depressants the doctors had him on initially. Big hugs to you and yours!

I received a Mr. Frosty for Christmas when I was four. It was my favorite present. I treated Mr. Frosty like a teddy bear and clutched it to sleep at night.
I love that! I would have slept with it too! And now you're all grown up and have Milkjam Creamery to fulfill all your frosty pleasures! (I'm a little jealous, on both counts)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh my- somehow in the "Life of T Rex" where the Christmas season has begun (many parties), and "what the fork do you MEAN I did not complete my annual certifications that need to be done before the end of the year?!? I did them... Oh wait, I did NOT- dammit!" (Because there are multiple modules- I completed just one and figured I was done- there are 3 more, which is misleading- this happens every year, so don't cry for me Argentina), I missed Christmas Vlog #19. Oh vey, my first reaction with Fanny's new eyebrows was, "the caterpillars are angry!" Baby Jesus Jeans on toast, it was hard to focus on anything else. Whilst Fanny is a victim of overplucking (it happens), it's a hot mess- bae, darker is NOT better- and please stop letting BJJ play Sephora makeover with you- they're so ridiculously uneven. The turkey. Shrek and The Maker. Shrek has a big tree- K. BJJ playing house. Olive Oly- "here's the sh*t on your plate." Fanny's eyebrows have been finally toned down (thank you whomever), Sabine made some stuff, BJJ is complementing Olive Oyl and boring her to tears with another story about his grandparents, and Amaury cleaned up well. Apparently glitter spray makes all the difference in the world, as Olive spritzed the dessert and Amaury with it et voila! He did not even need a bath. Dan was caught eating the dessert off of Amaury. Creepy Curtis begins feeling up Sabine. Fanny in her peignoir (which is not 100 Stars- awww, they've fallen out of favour), hangs her Chanel bag ornament from BJJ on the tree. This vlog taught me the importance of less is more with Dipbrow from Anastasia, and to be grateful to live in a home where if it does get cold, I can turn on the heat (because no room of my home is ever cold enough to store a raw turkey.) Also, I am grateful to not have random people living in my home and showing up for dinner.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
There are two different kinds of people in this world. The people that actually put Christmas lights back properly in the boxes that they came in -and the rest of us. After watching Philip & helpers fight and pick apart the rats nests of Christmas lights from last year, I thought I would share the method of light removal and storage that I use. I don’t remember where I first saw it, maybe Martha Stewart? When you are removing your Christmas lights roll them into a ball, just like a giant ball of yarn, then pack away. Next year, unroll the lights from the ball directly to the tree. I’ve done it for years, works paarfectly every time.
9AEC7876-079B-442A-AD3F-E233EE4C4B5C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh my- somehow in the "Life of T Rex" where the Christmas season has begun (many parties), and "what the fork do you MEAN I did not complete my annual certifications that need to be done before the end of the year?!? I did them... Oh wait, I did NOT- dammit!" (Because there are multiple modules- I completed just one and figured I was done- there are 3 more, which is misleading- this happens every year, so don't cry for me Argentina), I missed Christmas Vlog #19. Oh vey, my first reaction with Fanny's new eyebrows was, "the caterpillars are angry!" Baby Jesus Jeans on toast, it was hard to focus on anything else. Whilst Fanny is a victim of overplucking (it happens), it's a hot mess- bae, darker is NOT better- and please stop letting BJJ play Sephora makeover with you- they're so ridiculously uneven. The turkey. Shrek and The Maker. Shrek has a big tree- K. BJJ playing house. Olive Oly- "here's the sh*t on your plate." Fanny's eyebrows have been finally toned down (thank you whomever), Sabine made some stuff, BJJ is complementing Olive Oyl and boring her to tears with another story about his grandparents, and Amaury cleaned up well. Apparently glitter spray makes all the difference in the world, as Olive spritzed the dessert and Amaury with it et voila! He did not even need a bath. Dan was caught eating the dessert off of Amaury. Creepy Curtis begins feeling up Sabine. Fanny in her peignoir (which is not 100 Stars- awww, they've fallen out of favour), hangs her Chanel bag ornament from BJJ on the tree. This vlog taught me the importance of less is more with Dipbrow from Anastasia, and to be grateful to live in a home where if it does get cold, I can turn on the heat (because no room of my home is ever cold enough to store a raw turkey.) Also, I am grateful to not have random people living in my home and showing up for dinner.
Those eyebrows were something else, weren't they? I thought it was just me.. 🤣. I know there are mirrors at the farmhouse. Before I forget..please, just stop touching your hair before you touch food?? OK??:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
If the ceremonials over there are anything like the ones over here, they get hand picked because they fit a certain look that the particular branch is looking for. Over here for instance, the USMC ceremonial guard is picked while the recruits are completing the school of infantry. They're fed a line of bs by the one picking them out (because they're a certain height, build and are pretty and are not what you would consider full on fighting machines) and come to DC to be performing monkeys and also do guard duty at the commandants house and the white house. Once in awhile some of them fight to get sent back into the regular corps, but the majority of the ceremonial guard end up doing the stint they signed up for then getting out and going to college.
Thankfully, that is not the case in the UK. The Household Cavalry, Blues and Royals and the various Guards Regiments, The RAF Queen's Squadron, are soldiers first and foremost.
A friend's 20 year old son, was on ceremonial duties as a Welsh Guardsmen at Windsor and St James' Palace before losing both legs and suffering brain injury in an IED explosion in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, killing several of his patrol.

Screenshot 2021-12-21 at 02.28.06.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
There are two different kinds of people in this world. The people that actually put Christmas lights back properly in the boxes that they came in -and the rest of us. After watching Philip & helpers fight and pick apart the rats nests of Christmas lights from last year, I thought I would share the method of light removal and storage that I use. I don’t remember where I first saw it, maybe Martha Stewart? When you are removing your Christmas lights roll them into a ball, just like a giant ball of yarn, then pack away. Next year, unroll the lights from the ball directly to the tree. I’ve done it for years, works paarfectly every time.
View attachment 935914
That is the tip of the year! How cool is it that you also end up with a ball of light? Thanks for sharing! 😊

Thankfully, that is not the case in the UK. The Household Cavalry, Blues and Royals and the various Guards Regiments, The RAF Queen's Squadron, are soldiers first and foremost.
Don't get me wrong, ours are soldiers as well, they endure and complete all of their regular training. It's just that they're hand picked to be in the ceremonial groups right at the end of training.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Could the black tshirt be Steve and not Dan? I am trying to work out timeline as Steve’s parents arrived for Christmas on their blog. Yet they left them to attend drinks at La La. just trying to work that out in my head.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.