The Chateau Diaries #97. The Omikron and the Asses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm surprised to hear that Auntie and Uncle aren't as nice as they appear. Isabelle is transparently unpleasant, with her frequent glares and sneers, but they really do come across well, and I was annoyed at how much SJ interrupted when either was speaking as I would like to have heard more of their stories. I wonder how they are taking to Natti as a partner for their son. It is not so easy to gauge Natti's class or otherwise if that is what they care about
Was the mystery man in the black teeshirt not Curtis or his husband?

Reactions: 9
Gift grab when SJ got the kids song book she said she'd get Marie to play them. SJ's doting parents bought her a grand piano as a teenager which she CANNOT PLAY.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Still awaiting Cadeaux. They've been consistently late since PJ took over the editing.
I just finished watching...the GAG was epically gag-worthy. It amazes me that people not only buy expensive gifts for those at Lalande but some send BOOKS that must be extremely heavy...even with book rate shipping some of those boxes must have cost a fortune to send! And tonight, one person sent a complete set of very OLD books....the person that sent not only Burberry scarves but also boxes and boxes of freshwater pearl sets...I need to go to bed, my mind needs to decompress after watching all that....I sure hope the woman that sent all those boxes and boxes of gifts is independently wealthy and didn't go into huge debt to try to impress these greedy manipulative assholes!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Disappointed not to be able to join “troll” in the live chat last evening with dear SJ & co - I was flirting interrogating with a date - went surprisingly well (despite the lie about his height) and no crappy sheets!

All very wholesome stuff from the flog, as to be expected - damage control. Roping in seemingly elderly, cosy, kind natured relatives for moral support whilst, delivering the message of family unity this Christmas. We see you SJ - masterclass in manipulation 101. It’s the performance of a lifetime delivered by all, but I’m not taken in. Anyone who is seemingly so sweet and moral would understand that travelling hundreds of miles to be with their histrionic niece at the chateau during a resurgence of the covid pandemic was in fact the least kind thing to do.

I genuinely believe she hadn’t even considered that her Christmas gathering, of goodness knows how many people, wouldn’t be an issue. She must feel under considerable pressure to address the concern the way she has. Unacceptable SJ!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
She showed multiple dresses though...

What a fab title for our next thread!

🧵That face is aging faster than an avocado in a paper bag.

Word on the street is that with BJJ on comments- and edit duty and SJ almost worn out by the stressful fear of not having content for yet another advent vlog, Dan was called to the rescue to help out with the filming as much as possible. SJ used her cousin to wheel him in and make him stay. This is also the reason Dan couldn't vlog himself this weekend: too busy putting out her fires.
I'm torn on how to "emoticon" on your post...between thumbs up for thread title comment and sad face for the last comment about Dan and Amaury....she's so manipulative!...And, yes, she did show multiple dresses at that show but the girl with the "naked dress" can be seen just behind and to the right in that picture of Stephanie in the gold dress...I thought that transparent dress wearer was Stephanie, too, but I guess it wasn't.....edited to add....I just looked at that picture again and that other woman's hair is different than the one in the same dress by the piano...hmmmm....maybe some dresses were worn by different women with just a change of hairstyle....maybe it really WAS Stephanie by the piano!!!!....edited edited again!!!...I think those 2 dresses are the same but different!...the bottom of the skirt looks different....oh, man, I really DO need to go to bed!!!!

Stef gold.jpeg

Screenshot_20211220-210209_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
The aunt looks and sounds like a sweet old lady, very much unlike Isabelle! Her husband seems normal too.
It appears that Amaury was raised by good, unpretentious, hardworking people.

View attachment 935982

I quite enjoyed watching the vlog (well, just the bit where the auntie cooks).
The worst part of the vlog is Philip's pointless and countless philipicating!
Love that new phrase!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
As usual, a little warning from the sidelines of the actual reality I know something about: don't let yourself be fooled by the smoke and mirrors she puts in place. This is not an absolute couple, although I can understand why one would think this. They are experienced, trained figures in the lifestyle SJ has claimed for herself too, which all revolves around diverse and distract. Chantal and Steven are self-righteous people who reserve there friendly smiles to the ones they feel belong to the same clan. If your not, their inner-Isabelle that they all embrace and are not afraid to throw into the fray, will come out to deal with "these disturbances".
Let's hope then that PJ is such a disturbance to be gently dealt with (I still believe he should go away and get an eduction, I suggest interior design, he is at least interested in that topic). I stopped watching the gift grab when he asked which wrapping paper was everybody's favourite... seriously? my teenage nieces are more mature than that.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
As usual, a little warning from the sidelines of the actual reality I know something about: don't let yourself be fooled by the smoke and mirrors she puts in place. This is not an absolute couple, although I can understand why one would think this. They are experienced, trained figures in the lifestyle SJ has claimed for herself too, which all revolves around diverse and distract. Chantal and Steven are self-righteous people who reserve there friendly smiles to the ones they feel belong to the same clan. If your not, their inner-Isabelle that they all embrace and are not afraid to throw into the fray, will come out to deal with "these disturbances".
There’s no doubt they are at the shitoo for a reason and playing nice for the camera, but I’m sure they will pick their moment to have words in private with SJ.

Reactions: 22
Was the mystery man in the black teeshirt not Curtis or his husband?
No, they were across the table from Amaury....I also noted that in one picture there is an empty chair between Amaury and Sabine with a full plate on the table in front of it...like someone didn't want to be seen or was adjusting something on the camera...maybe when it zoomed in on Stephanie as she dished up something...I don't know...I'm tired and my mind is a little fuzzy from over stimulation...too much Chateau Diaries I think....

Reactions: 14
The most immature thing I've heard out of Phee Phee's mouth was "So we're eating off Ariel's Bra"

No, they were across the table from Amaury....I also noted that in one picture there is an empty chair between Amaury and Sabine with a full plate on the table in front of it...like someone didn't want to be seen or was adjusting something on the camera...maybe when it zoomed in on Stephanie as she dished up something...I don't know...I'm tired and my mind is a little fuzzy from over stimulation...too much Chateau Diaries I think....
I thought the empty seat with food on plate was BJJ's and he was taking the video.

Reactions: 19
Love that new phrase!
From the Lalande WIKI
Philipicate
(verb)
@Marquis de Potpourri when BJJ...
a) ...annoyingly shares a pointless opinion from behind the camera,
b) ...makes things and ideas more confusing;
c) ...pretends to be an expert on something.

Because I was conscripted to wrap gifts tonight, I also had the luxury of time to watch the entire GAG vlog tonight
and tallied the number of times Philip said the words It's beautiful.
Grand total - 15 x

BJJ needs to learn more synonyms for beautiful.

cd256.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
The most immature thing I've heard out of Phee Phee's mouth was "So we're eating off Ariel's Bra"

I thought the empty seat with food on plate was BJJ's and he was taking the video.
I would have to look again and I just can't....but Phillip was sitting on the other side of the table...Curtis was sitting between him and Stephanie.

OK, you made me go back and look again...LOL...1st picture is of Phillip across the table...2nd picture, that doesn't look like the baby soft hand and hairless arm of Phillip...just sayin'...

Hidden guests.png
Black T-shirt.png

Reactions: 11
I would have to look again and I just can't....but Phillip was sitting on the other side of the table...Curtis was sitting between him and Stephanie.
Just rewatched ending and Dan was sitting beside Amaury could see his arm when Phee Phee was filming. Then Dan took over and took shot from the other side of table. So it's Dan's empty chair and food on the table. Does that make sense I hope so.

OPPs posting at the same time!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I find the wife very annoying too.
I do not know why.... she is probably really nice if you honestly meet her but .......
Still, if I was stuck in a lift with a choice of Fanny or Mr Beans wife ........ it would be Mr Beans wife and NOT Fanny -OMG could you imagine!!!!
Hm...depends what I wanted to do in that lift...;)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There are two different kinds of people in this world. The people that actually put Christmas lights back properly in the boxes that they came in -and the rest of us. After watching Philip & helpers fight and pick apart the rats nests of Christmas lights from last year, I thought I would share the method of light removal and storage that I use. I don’t remember where I first saw it, maybe Martha Stewart? When you are removing your Christmas lights roll them into a ball, just like a giant ball of yarn, then pack away. Next year, unroll the lights from the ball directly to the tree. I’ve done it for years, works paarfectly every time.
View attachment 935914
Thanks for bringing Those lights up. The storage of them also bothers me. I wrap mine around a piece of cardboard. Same concept.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
There’s no doubt they are at the shitoo for a reason and playing nice for the camera, but I’m sure they will pick their moment to have words in private with SJ.
Wonder if they had a bit of detective work done on him and are there to share the dossier with the Princess. In addition the uncle is a big guy. Along with Anne Marie they could make sure he goes quietly. I wouldn’t want to break up with him alone in the middle of nowhere. Especially with him not having a car to bugger off in. He’s totally stranded there. May even be stuck. She’ll have to wait until he goes away the next time. Unless she gets her family to help.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.