The Chateau Diaries #97. The Omikron and the Asses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I remember rightly, IJ didn't want any children. I wonder if Gerry appearing on the scene is what changed her mind. You can imagine she is the type to resent her husband having his only child with another woman.
Oooooooh, that is an interesting theory. I could see rabid one being like that.
Think Gerry said he about 14 when he met DJ and started working for them ;)

Reactions: 9
@Jeeves apologies I started on thread 81 when first allocated, hope to post tonight or tomorrow before the deadline. Xmas prep got in the way !

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That’s some driving !!!! She was at Ferns on Friday …
🎅🎅🎅🎅
Didn't she say she was going to England for Christmas? I guess may not be happening anymore with France's new restrictions.

How in the freaking world does SJ get away with all of her insanity?
Does she sleep with the local health officers or the mayor? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oooooooh, that is an interesting theory. I could see rabid one being like that.
Think Gerry said he about 14 when he met DJ and started working for them ;)
The story goes DJ approached him while he was playing with fire and made him see the error of his ways.

Later on he said his mom worked in the hospital/home for DJ or IJ and he would be playing on the step waiting for her. DJhim.

What doesn’t add up is why his mother let him go live with them when they moved south.

The truth is somewhere in between.

Reactions: 18
Reactions: 5
Derek and IJ lived and worked in Glasgow before they moved to Suffolk and the story is that Gerry's mother worked for Derek. D could have fathered Gerry before he married IJ. Although he spent part of his childhood in Scotland, Gerry's surname is Grady which is an Irish name. Apparent;y Derek's family were a;sp from Ireland. It's possible that Gerry's mother may have originated there too and possibly married someone Irish who could have adopted Gerry if he wasn't his real father. Who knows? However, there have been quite a few hints that suggest he could be Steph's half-brother.
Usually in every lie is one main thing that is so obviously ludicrous. In this case, the fact that Derek and Isabel would trust some strange teenage boy to watch their baby daughter alone is ludicrous. I’d never do that. My mother would never have done that. The only reason they should trust him is if he were family. Blood family. If that is not the case, then they were horribly irresponsible parents, who were completely careless in protecting their daughter.

Reactions: 27
Chanel bauble on sale - reduced from USD36.99 to USD33.99.
Where does a Workaway volunteer get the money for rings and expensive baubles? His iPhone wielding for her videos ( attendant honking and snorting aside ) surely doesn’t provide the income to justify such expenditure. Remind yourself Sir Snorty - you’re Dutch; your thrifty countrymen will strip you of citizenship for such spendthrift ways.
SJ must be insane or possessed if she thinks this man, young enough to be her son, brings anything to her brand. A lapdog who’s gone from sitting on her knee to Top Dog inserting himself into everything: He should be expelled from the pack.
I try to envisage them rationalising the negative feedback and lack of channel growth. He must have some serious influence if she’s dissuaded he’s not a big factor in that. It seems to me his presence is, at the very best, stalling what was (until his covert to overt inclusion), a rapidly growing business model. The Patreon model is so new, so potentially tentative that, when you consider her audience age and their values, her screwing a man young enough to be her son seems brand suicide. The talents he might have are only recognised by her, perhaps his grandparents and a few Charleston-dancing, femboy-friendly viewers. Word to CLL. These people are NOT your bread and butter. That’s Grannies who love France, history, lifestyle/DIY and were/are locked down. They want to come visit when Covid “goes away”. They want Stephanie in her Provence skirt. They want to sit in the Chapel, take photos of Thor and the Ians. They want to peek in Isabelle’s greenhouse. They don’t want a beanie wearing Dutchman playing at Lord of the Manor twitching, honking and snorting disparagingly at them.
94313CC2-A83C-4379-92A5-03A0194A39A7.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Teenagers can be real shits. Most come right and realise how good they had it. You just have to stop yourself from murdering them till that happens. Goodluck
Just give it time.
My daughter is now a Mother of two and she will often say to me when her kids play up .... " I know Mum ... Karma!" :ROFLMAO: I sit there smiling !
I will also say " You know , you were like that too !

Being a parent is some job !

Morning All ! Whats Fanny up to ??? Off to catch up - if I can ! o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Of course Mr Bean! I have always thought he reminded me of someone and couldn't place who. Thank you so much for making the penny drop for me.
Mr Bean was the first think I thought as I clapped eyes on him. The second was "kill that woman!" No...not kill, but seriously she is annoying. Mr. Bean is quite likable and I am sure great company.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Usually in every lie is one main thing that is so obviously ludicrous. In this case, the fact that Derek and Isabel would trust some strange teenage boy to watch their baby daughter alone is ludicrous. I’d never do that. My mother would never have done that. The only reason they should trust him is if he were family. Blood family. If that is not the case, then they were horribly irresponsible parents, who were completely careless in protecting their daughter.
You have to remember, things were a lot different, back in the olden days. I started to babysit our neighbors kids when I was 12-13. We got a dollar an hour --sometimes two dollars an hour! This was common practice back then for a 12 year old to babysit younger children.

Reactions: 19
You can imagine she is the type to resent her husband having his only child with someone else, (despite not wanting any children herself). Pure speculation on my part of course!
Bingo .... I think you hit the "motivation" right on the head......inheritance going to another woman;s child. So she had Fanny.... bit of a disappointment there I think ! :whistle:

• Haha
  • Wow
Mr Bean was the first think I thought as I clapped eyes on him. The second was "kill that woman!" No...not kill, but seriously she is annoying. Mr. Bean is quite likable and I am sure great company.
I find the wife very annoying too.
I do not know why.... she is probably really nice if you honestly meet her but .......
Still, if I was stuck in a lift with a choice of Fanny or Mr Beans wife ........ it would be Mr Beans wife and NOT Fanny -OMG could you imagine!!!!

Reactions: 11
From the live chat..
Natasha Ohhhh I love that! @Philip where did you get the mini Chanel bag?
The Chateau Diaries @Natasha Philip bought it in Selfridges in London
I had another look at the Channel bag decoration @14:00. It is a micro bag from a Channel belt. SJ hung it on a real pine tree. What a moron.
Chanel bauble on sale - reduced from USD36.99 to USD33.99.
I believe our Chatelaine is planting little subliminal seeds of, “Send me Chanel presents, pretty please!” “Wouldn’t I just adore a full size Chanel bag?” “Don’t I deserve Chanel?”

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.