The Chateau Diaries #97. The Omikron and the Asses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulation's @Hemerocallis on Title thread :m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m

@Hemerocallis šŸ˜‚
Chatty Member
Yesterday at 7:53 AM

Add bookmark
Trengilly said:
Oh and I forgot Phyllis and SJ are not long back from England - the hotspot of Omicron in Europe. Covid Soup

The title of our thread
#96 The Oxymoron and the Ass

should be changed into

The omikron and the asses

LikeHahaHeart Reactions: You, BubbleWorld, Ginginger and 27 others. +++ 8 on second posting

Most Liked Previous thread
@Lady of the Lake

Yesterday at 7:29 AM
Just reflecting back upon when I first discovered CD and how lovely it was to watch, and how over a period of a few months watched every single one while in strict lockdown. It was truly, wonderful escapism and gave me a happy glow to watch. My reality for most of last year and half of this year was intermittent but lengthy lockdowns, barely allowed to do anything, couldn't even see my family, struggling with mental health as I was worried sick after covid caused my business (self-employed) to drop to almost nothing. Honestly, I was so grateful for the CD amongst other escapist things, and I would have given anything to jump at the chance to visit Lalande, especially at a festive time like Easter and especially especially at Christmas!!

Fast forward to now. Er.... I could think of few things worse than having to spend Christmas at Lalande! All the forced 'fun' such as everyone standing around awkwardly on the 'walk', trailing behind Little Red Riding Hood picking mistletoe from the fallen tree (a few hundred feet from the front door, wow what an exciting walk!) They all looked like hostages, not people full of happy Christmas cheer! Having a camera in their face all the time. Having to observe Phillip lording it over the chateau like prince consort and snorting all the time. Being freezing from dawn to dusk. SJ spending most of the time in her room rather than spend time with the others unless it's filming for content. The late, late meals. The constant focus on 'editing' to the point where they stay up until 5am to 'work'. (Why? that's just ridiculous.) SJ's manic laughter and out-of-proportion fake enthusiasm for literally everything. Gosh I could go on and on. But if you'd told me a few months ago that one day I'd feel very very differently about CD, I wouldn't have, couldn't have believed you. How times have changed.

Reactions:You, piewacket, BubbleWorld and 56 others

@Jeeves
VIP Member

Thursday at 7:41 PM
31 -40. Please read before voting.

The vote for Threads 31 -40 is in one post this evening as we have 3 threads missing. Vote using the usual emojis usignthe section button (Itā€™s easier to see the results instead of trying to search the thread for your votes. Only votes placed in these posts will be counted.
It also means we donā€™t use up the thread with individual votes.
(Donā€™t ā€œLikeā€ the posts either, unless youā€™re placing your vote!) Wait for both posts to be up before making your vote.

31. International Lalande - why should cheese wine and handworkers be French? - Hemerocalis. (y)

32. YT subscribers are Stephanieā€™s rides on her little pony. -Linus. ā¤

Le summum de la vulgaritĆ© ( paramount of vulgarity) - Arthur. šŸ¤£

34. ā€œCrap de la Crap at the ChĆ¢teau de la Tatā€ - The Tax Inspector šŸ˜²

35. Dilettante's Inferno, the 10th Circle of Hell - unadulterated stupidity - Not a Chatalaine. :(

36 Not submitted

37. Not submitted

38. Not submitted

39. Honey for Pomerol - Purejuice. :sick:

40. She could do a bare-all expose , ā€œThe Fur Coat and No Knickers Years.ā€ - Gibson šŸ˜”

Reactions:You, Parrfect Porcelane, Ginginger and 54 others

@Marty McFly 9
VIP Member

Thursday at 10:52 PM
Taking my coffee break at work ... so took a peek ... and this probably won't be up long ....

jayurouUiLTlzjH_maFhN7jb=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Julia Gaspard
3 minutes ago
You really need to employ a media manager ... and they need to be a native English speaker and able to be calm and not so rude as your mother was today. Sheesh. Some expresses concern about a global issue and they get bashed by "darling mummy". Have you and your whole family and all those that come and go at La Lande not known anyone personally who has died from COVID or been really ill from it? Seems like everyone else I know has been closely effected. How does your Mother know that Nicole isn't concerned because she's lost someone? You need someone with a whole lot more sensitivity in your chat, and a whole lot more maturity than your mother or Philip. And please not Percy, he's spreading ignorance in his comments. You will likely come a delete this comment, because that's what you do with the ones you don't like ... zero authenticity allowed. Even those of us who are vaccinated can get it and can spread it ... please stop behaving so ignorantly, the whole lot of you.
Show less

Reactions:You, Krypsback kiss, BubbleWorld and 50 others

@Gibson2

Thursday at 5:16 PM
My dearest M, I have unfortunately been hacked. Email accounts and passwords went for a Burton. So I now have a third moniker after last night's email also played up.

I did consider calling in the good Father O Malley, to say a few prayers for me. His reply was, sadly he didn't cover electronic devices and I should use my time wisely to contemplate my profligate ways.

I have tried a few times to reenter the VIP lounge, sadly I am no longer there, only in faded spirit. Mrs G has had to converse with me of an evening, which she finds disconcerting.

She does however now agree with me that the advent diaries are truly dire and Flip is not in her words 'worth a sh*g!' She thinks he brings the tone of the place down. I nearly had a fit laughing as it couldn't go any lower.

Winter truly came upon me! If @Jeeves would kindly give thread 90 to someone else that would be much appreciated.

In admiration of Dick and Angel's transformation and works on their Chateau over the summer. Rendering and roof job. Hmm- business plan in action? How amazing that a Chateau owner has one of those.

Amaury doing a good job of organising the work shop- Selmar has been ousted.

Talking of Selmar, what a complete and utter kn*b. He and Tatyana are total grifters, they have a vague business plan promising vague things (other than dressing up and grinding against Selmar...*puke*) reminds me of the other traction couple- whose vlog I haven't yet watched. If I were Stephanie, I would cut them loose off her vlog, her association with them is already lower than her untanked cellars. If anyone is stupid enough to buy tickets for their gif and grind show, I hope they can action the claw back clause in their credit card.

How did the phrase 'Happy Advent' get coined? Dumbest thing I ever heard.

Yours as ever Q.
Reactions:You, BubbleWorld, StephaniesSupportConsort and 46 others

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Thank you again Mojo. Don't forget that tonight's vote is at the end of the last thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
(I think my post got caught between the old and new thread!)

Now I officially think Billy is a low life and piece of trash. I didnā€™t think anyone could be lower than that crying, begging, foppy brother of his, but Billy has hit a new low. Absolutely no apologies whatsoever. Arrogant ass. And no, Billy, you are NOT a rockstarā€¦far from it. Donā€™t feed his overinflated, big headed ego, Troy.

FD80D394-E102-4B2C-BCB5-8DC10611EF7D.jpeg
01309E42-C4D3-4E89-AC5B-7047D3C0E477.jpeg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
ā¤ and appreciation @MojoDublin you are a ā­
ā¤@Hemerocallis šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘ appropriate šŸ§µtitle

This is for all of us staying safe and keeping others safe. ā¤
1639857619683.png

This is for Lalande and Company...

1639857497600.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I currently don't really have the time or desire to keep up with the Grifters & Co. but I'm disappointed and I would like to vent.

I've hinted at it once and I was going to leave it at that but for the record, I've done my military service, served as a UN peacekeeper and I'm still in the reserve force of my home country.

I have no illusions about these military institutions and I rather view them as a necessary evil. They get you young and dumb and exploit you but I wouldn't exchange the experience for anything. They say you must stay for a certain period of time but, if you're not somewhere like North Korea, that really isn't true. If you can't take the heat and can't stick to your guns, the military doesn't want you. No need to desert during peace times. Ask and you will be let go from a modern military in a democratic country.

More importantly, I wouldn't want my life to depend on someone who's thinking of running away.

I don't know what kind of bullying has taken place but one should expect certain amount of hazing in any military. I don't know if it's right but a little ragging is nothing compared to having live bullets flying over your head. Snowflakes need not apply. When the hazing goes too far, I can't imagine a military not having ways to deal with it. Cue all day piggyback marches and other fun team building exercises military style. If that doesn't work, the perpetrators are the ones likely to get the boot.

And to get nothing but discharged for desertion beggars belief. As far as I'm aware, militaries treat desertion equal to treason, sexual assault and murder. There really aren't many other ways to get dishonourable discharge. Not sure if that's right either but it plays in the propaganda image of honour in the service.

I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say but never in my wildest dreams was I ever thinking of going AWOL. And everybody thinks of quitting the service at some point and I saw many leave but they did it in proper order. Worst AWOL I've witnessed happened when some officer candidates failed to return to base before curfew. If you get punished for being few minutes late, how can someone get a mere slap in the wrist for going on the run for years? It's such a slap in the face for the rest of the guys who serve.

I'm disappointed that I was warming up to Biffy's daily vlogging. I have literally trusted my life on others and others have trusted me but I wouldn't trust Biffy Pathetic as far as I could throw him. Normally, I'm dead against death penalty but during a war I could be required to pull the trigger on a deserter.

I'm not British but I guess I'm surprised there wasn't even a suspended sentence. Maybe he cried a river at the hearing as that seems to be the family way. It's never their own fault.

Yours truly,
1st Lieutenant Jikki2

• Heart
Reactions: 81
I currently don't really have the time or desire to keep up with the Grifters & Co. but I'm disappointed and I would like to vent.

I've hinted at it once and I was going to leave it at that but for the record, I've done my military service, served as a UN peacekeeper and I'm still in the reserve force of my home country.

I have no illusions about these military institutions and I rather view them as a necessary evil. They get you young and dumb and exploit you but I wouldn't exchange the experience for anything. They say you must stay for a certain period of time but, if you're not somewhere like North Korea, that really isn't true. If you can't take the heat and can't stick to your guns, the military doesn't want you. No need to desert during peace times. Ask and you will be let go from a modern military in a democratic country.

More importantly, I wouldn't want my life to depend on someone who's thinking of running away.

I don't know what kind of bullying has taken place but one should expect certain amount of hazing in any military. I don't know if it's right but a little ragging is nothing compared to having live bullets flying over your head. Snowflakes need not apply. When the hazing goes too far, I can't imagine a military not having ways to deal with it. Cue all day piggyback marches and other fun team building exercises military style. If that doesn't work, the perpetrators are the ones likely to get the boot.

And to get nothing but discharged for desertion beggars belief. As far as I'm aware, militaries treat desertion equal to treason, sexual assault and murder. There really aren't many other ways to get dishonourable discharge. Not sure if that's right either but it plays in the propaganda image of honour in the service.

I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say but never in my wildest dreams was I ever thinking of going AWOL. And everybody thinks of quitting the service at some point and I saw many leave but they did it in proper order. Worst AWOL I've witnessed happened when some officer candidates failed to return to base before curfew. If you get punished for being few minutes late, how can someone get a mere slap in the wrist for going on the run for years? It's such a slap in the face for the rest of the guys who serve.

I'm disappointed that I was warming up to Biffy's daily vlogging. I have literally trusted my life on others and others have trusted me but I wouldn't trust Biffy Pathetic as far as I could throw him. Normally, I'm dead against death penalty but during a war I could be required to pull the trigger on a deserter.

I'm not British but I guess I'm surprised there wasn't even a suspended sentence. Maybe he cried a river at the hearing as that seems to be the family way. It's never their own fault.

Yours truly,
1st Lieutenant Jikki2
Know this

I thank you for your service ā¤
Im entirely dependent on you and ppl like you whom serve - and I donā€™t underestimate the cost of the service to you or your family.

M
1225D308-9DE5-41E5-ACDA-FAFADDA27AD3.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Now I officially think Billy is a low life and piece of trash. I didnā€™t think anyone could be lower than that crying, begging, foppy brother of his, but Billy has hit a new low. Absolutely no apologies whatsoever. Arrogant ass. And no, Billy, you are NOT a rockstarā€¦far from it. Donā€™t feed his overinflated, big headed ego, Troy.

View attachment 931488View attachment 931489
Yeah, he should come clean and explain it then if it's 80% wrong. He's not doing himself any favors by that reply.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

Yours truly,
1st Lieutenant Jikki2
Well said @Jikki2. The sentencing of this year's Court Martial don't become public until next year so we may see something that hasn't yet come to light. (Last year's findings are published and years previous to that.). He has managed to escape a custodial sentence but I can't imagine that he he walked away scot free.

• Heart

Yours truly,
1st Lieutenant Jikki2
Agreed. And I thank you for your service. As someone who has family in the service I can't believe there were no consequences for him. I was shocked to see the article. I would have expected Teabag to do this. It makes no sense that he ever went on a UK television show while in "hiding."

What kind of parenting skills do Ma and Pa have, or rather, not have?

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Yours truly,
1st Lieutenant Jikki2
Couldn't have summed it up any better IMO. We have a military connections in the Gibson family and we are so proud of the way they conduct themselves. Never would I have envisaged that this family could sink any lower.
Everything out of their mouth is a lie.
Men like you are the backbone of the countries they serve.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Is it possible that Billy/Gwen made an ex Gratia payment to the military towards his training etc? and if this was done before the recent hearing that may have contributed to the result.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Just watched a little bit Tatty and Dulmar's new video. Tatty got an iphone for Dulmar and pretends Sinterklaas left it outside. She has to ask him 5 times to go check the door as she has to go to the bathroom, so he will find his surprise. 5 times! unbelievable.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Is someone able to explain what Dan is doing on his studio walls? What I'm used to seeing is drywall and then you paint over it.
Why is he plastering it? It seems like it requires more work by spreading that plaster.

Reactions: 13
Just watched a little bit Tatty and Dulmar's new video. Tatty got an iphone for Dulmar and pretends Sinterklaas left it outside. She has to ask him 5 times to go check the door as she has to go to the bathroom, so he will find his surprise. 5 times! unbelievable.
Checked that one too. So she can afford to buy him a new iPhone, but not the chateau of his dreams?

• Haha
Reactions: 48

View attachment 931488View attachment 931489
ok so billy says 80 percent of that article is made up...i thought 80 was true and 20 made up..well i guess they are telling their viewers a lott more lies then..

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Morning All !

What a pair Billy and Teabag are !

So well said Jikki2 ........ and with that - I salute you !

• Heart

Yours truly,
1st Lieutenant Jikki2
Thank you for your services. You are so right about not trusting Billy, he's an arrogant, lying piece of tit. The British army is well rid of him. But his contempt is disgusting. I hope this is the final straw for the Methericks.

I have a family member who serviced in the forces and due to his act of bravery got a medal from her Majesty the Queen. When his helicopter was shot down, he was the one who secured the aircraft, told the soldiers what to do while they waited for backup - while the army captain panicked and did nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Michael Bergantino has highjacked, CD's day 17, comments...

kimi
1 hour ago (edited)
@The Chateau Diaries i sure hope this story has been vetted. I would hate to see people being scammed. No offense to Michael if this is true and I wish you well if so. I have never seen fund raising direct to paypal

Michael Bergantino
1 hour ago
@kimi I appreciate your concern for Stephanie and the community. Instead of some other fundraising organizations, PayPal now has "Generosity Campaigns" which allow fee free donations towards various types of fundraising. I just used their program versus some other programs. I wouldn't have asked Stephanie and Nati about this if I hadn't known them for some time now. I appreciate their support and friendship.

Michael Bergantino
51 minutes ago
@flibbertygibbette Thanks for your post. Yes, I know about the Affordable Care Act and maximums. I appreciate the information. I can understand the confusion in how I worded the fundraiser. I am not asking for $117,000...that would be absurd, even for the US. šŸ˜‚ My fundraiser limit is $20k and I don't expect it to even get close to that. That's just the parameters of the Generosity Campaign program. I know it's been a difficult time for everyone and I have no expectations. It's been nice just having people wishing me well, as you have. So thank you for that. ā¤

Michael Bergantino
44 minutes ago
@Peggy Vick Thanks Peggy. I mentioned in another comment that I guess I made the post confusing. Someone I knew outside the US suggested that I post an average cost in the US, but my fundraiser isn't for that amount. ($117K) My fundraiser is limited and I don't expect to get near that amount. I am searching for all options before I have the surgery because it will be a long recovery. Thanks!

Michael Bergantino
40 minutes ago
@Lisa in New Zealand Thanks Lisa. YouTube doesn't really work that way unfortunately for a single video as you need to have a large number of subscribers and views in your channel history before a video can be monetized. But I like your idea and support of trying to come up with ideas for me! ā¤ Thanks again.

Marykguise
36 minutes ago
@Michael Bergantino Iā€™ve been battling severe health problems for the last 20 years. Itā€™s been really difficult in so many ways so I understand better than most. My faith in God and trusting Him has been the only thing that has gotten me through. Continued prayers and please keep us posted!! šŸ™šŸ’—

Michael Bergantino
30 minutes ago
@Marykguise Thank you Mary. I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues. Chronic pain is so awful and I wish you the comfort you deserve. A friend of mine was permanently disabled in a work accident and it's sad to see how each year his freedom of movement and activities has diminished. Thank you again for your blessings. Please accept mine. ā¤šŸ™

bee french
23 minutes ago
@Michael Bergantino Michael ,you brought something good to vlog comments: that different perspectives, knowledge and hopefully solutions could be politely shared (and even debated). None of us know everything and the more we expand our knowledge, the more we can understand

Michael Bergantino
2 minutes ago
@bee french That's very kind of you to say. I appreciate what everyone has to say. As you said, we're all learning all the time! Having had Long Covid for so long has been frustrating because of the lack of research that is available. But communicating with others in similar situations through social media and friends has helped to not feel so isolated. With Covid issues, Doctors want to solve the problem and ailment and honestly aren't as concerned about what caused it. It's a difficult problem for so many people around the world. I'm actually lucky that I didn't already have a heart attack or stroke, as so many people have. My surgeon is surprised too. A friend of mine found his friend died of a heart attack alone in his apartment after mentioning he thought he had Covid. It's a painful and damaging virus that I hope everyone can avoid through proper vaccinations and precautions.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Thanks for the new thread.

@MagpieSassyPants CP Mary is doing well. She is isolating. The royal family have been exemplary regarding conduct during COVID. My heart does break as Queen Margrethe were to celebrate her 50 years jubilee as Queen, these celebrations have been postponed, and the New Year's Gala have been cancelled.

@NoIAmNotAHorse I see where you come from, and you see where I come from. No ill will, lets move on, shall we?

RE: Bully; so Bully was bullied by his fellow soldiers, so now he bullies and belittles everybody on his big camera. I wonder if that makes him feel big, powerful and strong...

NB: I do find it terribly odd, that a tattler, who started by attacking another tattler, and then said that Tattle wasn't the place for them because of too much nastiness, only to now show up and defend traveling across boarders... I would almost call it perfect timing... :unsure:šŸ§šŸ§šŸ§

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.