The Chateau Diaries #94 I predict there is more growth in Tattle.Life than your gardens come spring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they are dyed .

Sorry to slightly derail, but if anyone was a fan of the original "The Railway Children" movie, there's is a new version coming out, they've finished filming it my family told me. It's set in Oakworth like the original and parts were filmed in Haworth. It stars Jenny Agutter as an elderly lady who befriends 4 evacuees. Something to look out for.

She's sold one to the Bronte Parsonage.
My husband was quite surprised at my sudden obsession with wreaths yesterday. I was asking all the shopkeepers where they got theirs from and photographing them. There was another shopkeeper making up wreaths with foliage from her father's garden but they were smaller, and not as good as Marie's. My husband told this shopkeeper that I "had a keen interest in wreaths" and she asked me to critique the ones she was making ! I told her they were lovely of course.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
It's going to be a lonely Christmas when the volunteers go home 😔. Just Stephanie and PhiPhi rattling round in a cold chateau. Still they've got their crates of wine and Ebay and Netflix.
and heaps of stuffed hedgehogs they can snuggle into, how cute :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sorry for this question in advance as I haven't watched the Chateau diaries in a while. What's the deal with Selmar?....last time I watched Stephanie was finally paying him for his work around the place after him working for free for ages.
Oh boy. Ok, short verson downstairs loo still not finished (nothing else is either) he does some work for other owners and... eh hem
...🙄 he met someone on line, fell in love, she is with him now at the tit-oo sometimes AND they have decided to buy a ridiculously expensive chateau by crowd sourcing. Not really sure how it works but they need buckets of money. The end.

and heaps of stuffed hedgehogs they can snuggle into, how cute :rolleyes:
Ugh. Nobody will ever leave - I don't think she knows how to exist without a camera and people. I used to have GF like that - sooo camera ready every time there is a camera around. 🤢🤮

If I didn't get private quiet time, and by that I mean the hubs and kiddo can be around all the time but.... all of those people, the forced gaiety... I would not survive.

Reactions: 18
Selmar's vlog... Written this way, it really sounds like a big scam.

While comments are not deleted yet :

worldcapers
1 hour ago
You have a fun and creative business idea here. And thank you Selma & Tatyana for addressing some of the questions raised. Sorry but I still am confused how this will work. If the money raised through preselling tickets to events is being used to purchase the chateau how do you intend to actually fund the events themselves? Or am I miss understanding something here?

Hide reply

Lucinda
13 minutes ago
I don’t think you’re misunderstanding a thing. These are simply two very lazy and selfish people who want something for themselves but don’t want to do the hard work it takes to attain it. They want everyone else to do it for them. They’re basically selling tickets to non-existent events that will never be held in a location they don’t own.

Exactly what I think. It really looks like this :

Patricia
1 hour ago (edited)
Sorry to say, but this sounds like a Pyramid Scheme . . . which is illegal in the United States. You are selling an intangible idea (festival tickets), that is based on your reaching your financial goal⁉ What if you don’t have enough money to create these festivals, do you return their money❓

But still, some people understand... nothing :

Patricia
1 hour ago
It sounds as if you haven’t considered the financing for future repairs and just yearly maintenance — which I imagine in a château are very expensive.

Hide reply

suzy
1 hour ago
This is about tickets for a festival and nothing to do about fixing a chateau.

But most understand...

Kristina
4 hours ago
What is this? What are you wanting to do? People just won’t give you $ because you compare your venture to Tesla (which has a waiting list on an ACTUAL product) This is not Apple, this is not even Xerox, this is Low Budget Fyre Fest. What’s happening here?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Maybe I missed it, since most of the vlogs are so boring now and I end up fast forwarding....BUT, has anyone actually seen Diesel since Selmar got to Tatiana's house? They keep saying he's just out of camera range and that we should hear him walking around or snoring. Tatiana professes to be an animal rights advocate and even has a charity page to fund her animal causes, but wonder if she makes Selmar leave Diesel in the van?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Maybe I missed it, since most of the vlogs are so boring now and I end up fast forwarding....BUT, has anyone actually seen Diesel since Selmar got to Tatiana's house? They keep saying he's just out of camera range and that we should hear him walking around or snoring. Tatiana professes to be an animal rights advocate and even has a charity page to fund her animal causes, but wonder if she makes Selmar leave Diesel in the van?
Yup. Why all of a sudden... no more cure dog. Dogs I can watch-this crap.. no. I Literally will no longer watch Dan, the pathetics tit-o, Ryan, Marie, I watch a minute or two of the vlogs... sometimes. And it's hate watching.

Reactions: 3
It's going to be a lonely Christmas when the volunteers go home 😔. Just Stephanie and PhiPhi rattling round in a cold chateau. Still they've got their crates of wine and Ebay and Netflix.

Add a bit of snow, a few burst radiators, (what is the latest on the heating fiasco?), and manly Phi-phi will take charge and sort everything out..... or not.....
As a side note, a friend of mine who is vibrant and buzzing has a partner with all the personality of a parasitic amoeba. None of us can work out why, as she sparkles when he's not around....nowt so strange as folks in lurve.. whatever that means!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes, why didn't the dumb ass edit that out????
Because SHE never does the dirty work herself!!
Let Snorty Boy say what SHE wants to say herself.
Money, money, money......MONEY!
I presume it was left in by his choice, given he is on the payroll as Video editor. SJ is in Frantic Festive mode so may not have noticed it still in there

Reactions: 5
No! That's mine! 😄
Sorry @Chocolategoogler, I didn't realised you made wreaths? It looked so like the other ones Marie was making. I asked a few of the businesses where they got their lovely wreaths and they said Marie. Did you make this one? It's lovely.

Reactions: 7
Shagging Mason? That was my feeling at the time. He seems to have since disappeared however he’s still on that “list of gullible idiots.”

Are the Tityana and Selmar quoted comments from their YouTube page? Same as the comments with LaLande’s leading lady? Thanks for any info. I wish Selmar had never met that weirdo.

Oh, is BJJ what I think it is. In Australia “BJs” are …BJs, so does the acronym means BJob and J for surname of manchild?

M
No bjj stands for baby Jesus jeans - because of his impossibility tiny pants. They could fit on the baby Jesus in the Manger. It started out as tiny baby Jesus jeans and got shortened to bjj. But, is she did just give bj's then... that would explain-things.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think they are dyed .

Sorry to slightly derail, but if anyone was a fan of the original "The Railway Children" movie, there's is a new version coming out, they've finished filming it my family told me. It's set in Oakworth like the original and parts were filmed in Haworth. It stars Jenny Agutter as an elderly lady who befriends 4 evacuees. Something to look out for.

She's sold one to the Bronte Parsonage.
It's very fitting there xx

Reactions: 2
My husband was quite surprised at my sudden obsession with wreaths yesterday. I was asking all the shopkeepers where they got theirs from and photographing them. There was another shopkeeper making up wreaths with foliage from her father's garden but they were smaller, and not as good as Marie's. My husband told this shopkeeper that I "had a keen interest in wreaths" and she asked me to critique the ones she was making ! I told her they were lovely of course.
I hope you also said something like - but you might want to make them bigger/fluffier/add more... or you could have started the sentence off with so good!! I do know that I live something (fill in the blank)

@HippieDippie

You are right, but this image does need an elevator and the twins at the end of the hall🤣

Not that anyone cares, but tiny update and big milestone for me: I can touch my cast without being in agony 😁 progress!! Oh!! And I slightly rotated my wrist -baby steps. It's been a freaking month and it's going to be at least one more-THEN!! an aircast!! For ages!! 😐😖

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Selmar has an unfathomable amount of self-belief. I thought it was weird when he first turned up at the chateau and blithely stated he was going to stay for ten years. In his latest vlog he says how he wakes up with such a positive buzz after one of his tango evenings. But to anyone viewing footage of his dance classes, they come across as utterly dismal, dreary, and cringeworthy.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.