The Chateau Diaries #94 I predict there is more growth in Tattle.Life than your gardens come spring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Next topic:
I wish Dan would smile at Annalise when she brings out his cake like he did (like a goon) when the "crew" was singing to him at the dump.
I want to kick him in the arse.

I will not be adopting him now as my 4th son. I won't be signing the papers.
Personally I think Fanny will.😥😤😤😤
You should watch again! He smiled for the boys and Annalise too, just as much as for the lalanders!! :) You can still adopt him! He just does his small smiles for both!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Was her mother posting things like: she has a beautiful voice, she sings like and angel etc? Because I literally have no idea who told this woman she can sing. It's freaking painful😳

Weird though-doesnt ANYONE else tell their kid -ya, you are sooo not good at that, or it's not your thing? I do. I crazy harsh on some things -but if my kid sang like that... oh.. no, I would say-have you tried ballet‽ I mean... its so bad.

I LOVE that IJ has been reading this. I think mummy may have been a bit competitive with princess
Will have to answer you later as there was a bit more to it than that and I don’t have time to explain at the moment

(y) 🥂 🍸🍾 🍷

For your eyes only :LOL:
View attachment 922227

wasn't that the peacock queen .. who also kept asking for timestamps on the points made about Fanny's personality
Yes! I do believe you are correct, that name certainly rings a bell.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
From what I've heard SJ is absolutely frantic about the comment section at the moment, she's really worried to get on the wrong side if the deleting-scandal. She hopes that by answering the easier questions people won't notice them deleting the harder ones, or at least forgive them for it (as they are retaining the love and laughter this way...). Snorts has been given instructions to be more pro-active too.
Am I just newly aware of how reactive and immature the replies are in the comments section? There are Just an unreal amount of responses from CD. And the deletion of comments shows such a lack of integrity. Has it always been this way?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
@Jeeves
Selmar and Tatty must still be asleep or have given up deleting.
Delores has questions. My guess, 👇 this will be the event's sleeping arrangements.
TICK TOCK... 💣

View attachment 921582
Dolores Du Bois
10 minutes ago
You need more specifics. Lack of information makes you seem vague and uncertain. How can you sell tickets to events in a chateau you don't own? Have the current owners agreed to this? Say so, if so! Is there a limit to the number of attendees? 1) What does the ticket for the events include? 2) Where do visitors eat? Sleep? 3) Are there accommodations in town/s nearby? Do owners of B&B's, Guest Houses hotels, restaurants and cafes know of your plans and are they prepared to house and feed your ticket buyers? It would be helpful to have a listing of businesses in nearby towns who are informed about the events and happy to serve your Event attendees. Questions about children and pets, types of food and sleeping accommodation - what to do in case of inclement weather? I assume you do not want a repeat of Woodstock, this is a different population. When you speak of Portable Toilets, alarm bells go off! Details, details, details, please!

Gnarbel Jo
22 minutes ago
There’s no need for offensive comments. When following this my thoughts are that one possible obstacle here is you may have misunderstood the interests of the loyal audience of Chateau-channels. What I mean is my impression or assumption is the main interests of the followers (those who don’t simply see this as entertaining reality TV but also contrubute in some way) is in the renovation and management, custodianship, and investment (in all sense of the term) of Chateaux with a very real history, very real practical needs, in a wider and deeper context than just someones home or a location for a business. This forum is quite special and different from other media audiences this way.

I wouldn’t be too sure it’s the right target group for events, for business start ups, or people interested in fantasy-scripts and fantasy-history, fairytales etc.

I may be totally wrong, and in a way I hope I am as it would be intereating to see you take a ahot at this venture. But in my experience people with a slightly nerdy interest in actual historic conservation are not amused by fantasy-genre production and are interested in the very real challenges financial and practical of preservation amd maintenance of places that represent actual history with just as fascinating albeit perhaps more subtle stories in the masonry and woodwork to be uncovered and discovered, and cared for in the process of renovating a grand property of regional significance. I understand your concept here, and like Selmar said, it’s not very different than selling tickets to a dance festival, rave event or a food festival etc. But in order to sell those tickets you have to present an attractive line up of DJ’s and production teams involved, or chefs and wineproducers represented, and the location whilst important for setting the scene (whether it be a techno festival in the desert or woods, a food festival in a French villeage or Paris fairground, it’s secondary and not the main focus.

Events can be arranged in various locations, and the followers here are interested in locations not festivals. Everyone has been exited to hear you have plans to invest in the Chateau life yourselves on your own as a couple. The surprize is you’ve chosen a huge one you can’t possibly afford to maintain. Regardless of how you manage to raise funds for the purchase.

Being handly won’t cover the costs. It’s a huge responsibility to take on running a house and grounds like this, and very different from writing or event planning. And besides this businessplan of hosting events, it’s quite unclear (at least to me) how you’ve planned this work financially and practically for the near future of at least a few years not to mention a long term lifestyle commitment.

And that’s the bit that this audience is invested in.
It’s like you’ve skipped this entire subject. Also, this audience hasn’t seen you arrange any event of your own yet. As a media communications professional I think you understand the value it would entail to first create something engaging of your own, in any capacity on any location, aquiring interest and followers that would be happy to invest in more of the same, or more extravagant events.

This following would be interested regardless of the chosen millieu too.
Perhaps in a variety of different type events, who knows? It’s not that the businessplan isn’t a cool one and doable, it’s just an entirely separate topic than that of running a grand house. And I can’t figure out why you seem unaware of this. I watch many Chateau channels and other channels about unusual comitted totally submerged lifestyles. Ones that require an extreme passion for the commitment at hand and the tough requirements involved to manage, maintain and enjoy them fully. If someone want’s to buy an old barge and sail the seven seas, but I’ve not seen them sail a boat and they’re selling tickets for a cruise between Martinique and Guadeloupe before puchasing the vessel….well that’s a long shot. If they want me to invest in their Etsy shop where they sell model boats in order to buy the barge, that’s an even longer shot. It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

How do you expect to maintain ship? What’s the budget for all the work on the hull, the leaks and damage from the elements?
Do I care about model ships? Would I buy a model ship of an epic barge already up and sailing against the odds I follow?
More likeley at least. Like
I’ve stated elsewhere on Chateau channels; there’s a huge difference between owning a French Chateau or English Manor, and owning a rare expensive vehicle.
One some people may not understand. You cannot own or purchase history.
Even with a fortune invested you remain custodian and caretaker for a very brief period of the houses existance. That requires a huge commitment and serious passion for history, culture, context and living without modern comforts. I’m sad to see a few who don’t quite realize this and just do as they please with some estates, thankfully not most who chose the challenge.

Anyway, just my two cents. I really do wish you the best of luck!

Karina Vrijdaghs
28 minutes ago
My comment is by no means intended to be negative or destructive, only to point out the need of realistic planning. I have watched this video twice, to be sure my first impression was founded. It seems to me that these two people, how good their intentions may be, are deluded and very naïve. Have they started to organize these events, contacting insurance companies, legal advisors, suppliers, personnel? Have they started to produce the merchandise they will sell? Have they started to contact specialized people to work out the on line participation in the events? Do they have the necessary funds for all that? It seems to me that all they have done, until now, is the designing of three articles, like T-shirts. It is no good to say "it is all right there", because nothing is there, really, at this moment. Or "we prepared it for years in our head". Also, instead of learning English, shouldn't they rather learn French? It has been very difficult to watch the whole video without having the feeling this is all so terribly childish, and therefore dangerous when playing with big amounts of money and tihe goodwill of people, the present owners of the château in the first place. They seem to ask everybody to do it for them (pay tickets for events they are just dreaming of, asking a lot of people to go as volunteer workers, leave positive comments, watch out the commercials) instead of working themselves and take the necessary risks. Also, they should be aware that owning a château implies big costs for repairs and maintenance, all the time. We have seen some success stories, but only of hard working people who are producing You Tube videos constantly and moreover organize B&B, weddings, events, etcetera. We have also seen people who could not afford the maintenance of their château and had to sell (It's a wonderful world). So please, Selmar and Tatiana : "When are you gonna come down, when are you going to land?"
...the frustration of those wanting an exact and concrete business plan for this fiasco is of course justified, and naively endearing. the number one criteria for scammers pulling a scam is the intentional vagueness of purpose. ...traceable and written plans will not appear...nor will any reasonable and transparent adherence to customary accounting principles be made available...ever. they aren’t divulging anything because they have nothing to disclose. they basically want you to pay and go away. no questions are ever answered so they have plausible and legal deniability.

instead, you get an ambiguous video as was shown. the two of them playing kissy face...mixed with silly word salad...and a marketing visual of them sitting there all cozy...like two sweet, innocent geriatrics...in their blankie. their unsaid meaning which they are attempting to portray...is that...we are just like you...sincere, humble and chasing after our dream. won’t you help...please...complete and total scammers.
...tats will run off with the cash the minute she is in the clear and old Selmar has gone out for a pack of smokes...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.