The Chateau Diaries #94 I predict there is more growth in Tattle.Life than your gardens come spring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Jeeves You have unleashed a monster. I'm sure you found it easier to organise a class of five-year-olds!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
If UK 🇬🇧 is moving the booste up by a month … what are the rest of the worlds government NOT telling us

Stay safe everyone ♥View attachment 920461
I completely believe in the vaccines and boosters, but is this lying bleeping eijit the person who should be handling peoples health. Let Kermit the Frog broadcast to the nation instead, it would be more believable.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I hope you also said something like - but you might want to make them bigger/fluffier/add more... or you could have started the sentence off with so good!! I do know that I live something (fill in the blank)

@HippieDippie

You are right, but this image does need an elevator and the twins at the end of the hall🤣

Not that anyone cares, but tiny update and big milestone for me: I can touch my cast without being in agony 😁 progress!! Oh!! And I slightly rotated my wrist -baby steps. It's been a freaking month and it's going to be at least one more-THEN!! an aircast!!
Glad to hear you are improving bit by bit and I hope your progress to full health gets faster. What you have been through sounds awful❤
The wreaths the friendly shopkeeper was making were pretty, rather like the ones you get on market stalls, with cinnamon sticks and orange slices Very festive. They were being sold as soon as she'd made them. Anything festive was going like hot cakes as Haworth was so busy. They were not as creative as Marie's but she was doing fine.

Reactions: 13
Hope your feeling energised soon... did I miss a posting of your wreath? I'd love to see it... I was thinking of doing one myself but I'm not creative at all... I even buy curtains with Rings in them as I can never get the pencil pleats to look right in the others.. They say everyone has a talent I think I was missed out :ROFLMAO:
The nearest I have got to making a wreath is buying most of the stuff but being too tired to do it. Oh well, there's always next year. 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
CD's day 12 live chat...
Well, well, well...It's a lot. Sara and Steve will be added to the Lalande Christmas guest list.
BJJ's, " WE AD REVENUE", comment and Celeste R's reply will be another nail in his coffin.
The real stand out was Gerry's interaction with BJJ. SJ claimed she had to leave the live chat without any explanation. Was this a test for Isabelle??? She had no reply.
Again, online donations did not take off, Alice Alan and Celeste ponied up.
Why is Andie W. thanking BJJ and SJ for the wrapping paper reveal??? They should be thanking her.

This is from the comments before the vlog started.👇

DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU'RE COMING TO THE CHATEAU FOR CHRISTMAS! - GIFT & GIFT IDEAS
bvmV4y-AwodvCFb7zcOlQ1uQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Manor and Maker
11 minutes ago
Duly noted :D

From the live chat...
Andie W hello lovely Lalanders, how exiting this reveal!

🤪🤪🤪
Jason Dubey Hola from California! The snow is falling in Lake Tahoe!!!
Bordeaux Life @Jason Dubey Love that area of the states
Jason Dubey @Bordeaux Life Hi Anna, is that you? We are expecting 6 feet of snow today in the high country, and here in the gallery at Lake level is is turning into a whiteout!!
Céleste R @Jason Dubey its' EDD
Bordeaux Life @Jason Dubey No Its Edd, Last time we got chance to drive that way was a long time ago.... 2009 /2010 I think? IT will be beautiful with all that sno, we visited in summer and it was beautiful too
Jason Dubey @Bordeaux Life Hi Ed, how are you? You should bring the family skiing in Lake Tahoe this year. It looks like it will be epic!
Bordeaux Life @Jason Dubey .... wish I could but this year we have so much work on at our renovation, and not much in the budget to play with for a holiday, but I love the Idea - will seriously consider it for next

Is Jason messing with Celeste???
Céleste R @Jason Dubey Helloooooo were you joking with me on my YT Channel?
Jason Dubey @Celeste R What do you mean?
Céleste R @Jason Dubey someone commented about me registering THEM or their 2 unique businesses
Céleste R @Jason Dubey I just looked it WAS you!
Jason Dubey @Celeste R All good, I hope!!
Céleste R @Jason Dubey YES! I was just trying to understand if you were joking about the trade marks or not?
Jason Dubey We have a landmark, which has been operating for40 years, and is pretty well know here.
Céleste R @Jason Dubey landmark is slightly different I think?
Jason Dubey I have my own products and plans to do more.

Céleste R @Lake Lili Heeey! I have prepared a video ESPECIALLY for you! Will be up on my BIZ channel sooon

Céleste R @Bordeaux Life what time are you on tonight?
Bordeaux Life We are premiering at 45 past.... so in around 35 minutes..... will you make it???
Céleste R @Bordeaux Life YES!!!! I am here and not doing anything else

Isabelle has had enough and jumps in before the vlog started.
Isabelle Jarvis Rankin Studios hello from SA
Percy Attfield Hello from South Africa.
Philip Janssen Hi everyone!
The Chateau Diaries Hello from Lalande everyone!!!

GntMsV_sNL3_6BbBVrLJk39a=s64-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Céleste R
£10.00
Sending CHRISTMAS LOVE to you all
The Chateau Diaries @Céleste R Thanks so much Céleste, and Merry Advent!!

The Chateau Diaries @Gerald Grady Hello darling Gerald!

This is @JP in SC quoting BJJ, “no, no, no mute it, keep watching it so WE still get the ad revenue” This was Celeste's reply.
Céleste R @Philip Janssen Hahahahhahahahahhaah NAUGHTY

Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries Hey, do you have Salvador Dali's cookbook??
Philip Janssen @Jason Dubey I believe so! Maria was talking about cooking some of his recipes :)
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries I received my Patron card in the mail. Thank you so much for the note! Keep up the good work guys! @Philip Janssen
Philip Janssen @Jason Dubey Glad you like it!!
Jason Dubey @Philip Janssen I don't know if you already have everything planned for Advent, but it would be really cool to see some of Julia Child's recipes. The crepes are easy, and the popovers to die for.

Stop with the cape. BJJ you already have one along with SJ's gold brocade pants.
122178563_3423188541074335_6103388993065428843_n(1).jpg

Céleste R @Philip Janssen you would LOVE my maternal grandfathers supreme court barristers CAPE!
Philip Janssen @Céleste R Sounds amazing! I love a good cape
Philip Janssen @Julia Cobb Wow! We should start a cloak club

Jannebu is not a fan of the color. Nothing says Christmas like PINK.
🤪
jannebu I love the illustration, but the pink don't work for me. I know it's the typical color, but I am tempted to change the color to gold
Philip Janssen @jannebu Ooh great idea! That would be beautiful
jannebu @Philip Jannsen I don't doubt it would be beautiful, but I hesitat because I have so much respect for the artis making it and their and yours vision behind it
Philip Janssen @jannebu You’re more than welcome to recolour it! :)

Gerald Grady Good evening Philip, your such a great help to Stephanie and Lalande
Philip Janssen @Gerald Grady Thank you so much! It’s such a shame you can’t be here for Christmas, but Steph told me you might come in January? :)
Gerald Grady Thank you Philip, hopefully Stephanie and I, will get to South Africa ( would also be great if you could come)
Philip Janssen @Gerald Grady That’d be amazing!

😂
Elewys of Finchingefeld I'm not sure I'd be excited to receive toothpaste as a gift.

o9ytsArp1y13L2M3HZNWUjjQ=s64-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Alice Allan
CA$69.99
The Chateau Diaries @Alice Allan Alice, thank you so, so much, you’re too generous! I hope you’re having a very festive advent
Maria K Seasons greetings!@The Chateau Diaries I had a D&G panettone sent It should arrive any day. (I forgot to have them include a note)

WHY???

Andie W thanks Stephanie and Philip paper looks amazing!
The Chateau Diaries I’m sorry I disappeared for a while!

BJJ is inviting guest to his home????
Philip Janssen @Bordeaux Life You’re welcome to come round

Gerald Grady Night night lovely Lalanders
Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here with us!
The Chateau Diaries Goodnight everyone, I’m so happy you liked the wrapping!!!
Gerald Grady Night night darling

• Sick
  • Haha
Selmar has an unfathomable amount of self-belief. I thought it was weird when he first turned up at the chateau and blithely stated he was going to stay for ten years. In his latest vlog he says how he wakes up with such a positive buzz after one of his tango evenings. But to anyone viewing footage of his dance classes, they come across as utterly dismal, dreary, and cringeworthy.
Yes . I was worried for SJ when he said that! I thought he was an obsessive stalker, at first. She could easily attract someone like that with the message she gives in the vlogs.
I would advise her to look at the security at the chateau. Maybe have an entry system in the gate with a camera? A guard dog? I wouldn't feel too safe with some of the fans on her vlogs. There are some who seem obsessed.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
That's what struck me, how flat and lifeless it feels there and that there is no one there. I wonder how she hasn't manipulated more people to stick around or be around? Nati and Amaury being away right now, kind of shocking. Or why not pay Annalise to come over for something every couple of days and help. They could do fancy Christmas hairdos ... or anything really. The 2 volunteers are not very dynamic people ... and Snorts is flat, and it doesn't feel like the two volunteers like him, it seems like all 3 women are trying to put him in his place a lot, which has gotten old.
Well, to put him in his place would require that he travel many miles away! Go to it three women!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The nearest I have got to making a wreath is buying most of the stuff but being too tired to do it. Oh well, there's always next year. 😄
I found a video last year on Eventbrite during lockdown, showing you how to do. The main point was make all your foliage go in the same direction round the base and it will look good, which I didn't know being a complete beginner.
Oh no - poor you! I know that feeling - the loss of dignity is almost as painful as the injuries, Take care and get well soon.xx
I sympathise. 💕. Falling is horrible. I hope you get better soon.
I had my third booster last week, decided I would go for a walk in the park , despite feeling groggy (this was 10 hours after the shot) and blacked out, falling over a low wall in the process. No one saw me, luckily, and I only had injured dignity. I lay on the grass feeling very stupid for a moment. Should have listened to the people at the vaccine clinic. 😂
Can we Tartlets manage to stay upright?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
@Jeeves You have unleashed a monster. I'm sure you found it easier to organise a class of five-year-olds!
Five year olds - no problem . My last class of 10/11 yr olds during a pandemic , husband and Tattlers are a whole different ballgame! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Another boooooring Advent vlog :

Comments :

Mary
59 minutes ago
"watch on mute so WE get the revenue!" Really?

Hide 2 replies

bee french
25 minutes ago
They were talking to/joking with the friends and family members for whom they were wrapping the presents. Friends and family would like to help whenever and wherever they can but the statement was just meant to be funny. .

Mary
14 minutes ago
I'm sure you mean well but I don't need someone to interpret for me what I see and hear.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
The Chatelaine answers the comments section now (like in the old good days) . That's new.

Clarita De Luna
12 hours ago (edited)
This is very interesting. Have Philip and Stephanie gotten married? They both are wearing bands in their ring fingers, left hand. Traditionally, wedding rings are most commonly worn on the fourth finger of the left hand. Perhaps, I missed that episode. Beautiful Christmas wrapping paper and ribbons. It all looks beautiful. I am sure your Christmas Party will be a beauty and a success. I wish a Merry Christmas to you all!
Read more

Hide 2 replies

ycvs-vN-Z46zjkIpYW4eWP7J=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg
The Chateau Diaries

11 hours ago
No, we’re not married. Philip wears his grandfather’s signet ring, and I wear my mother’s
emoji_u1f60a.png

Dt-is9wmylj6MYublPDKNlSA=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Jill Scott
10 hours ago
@The Chateau Diaries
emoji_u1f923.png
emoji_u1f602.png
emoji_u1f923.png
emoji_u1f602.png

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Another boooooring Advent vlog :

Comments :

Mary
59 minutes ago
"watch on mute so WE get the revenue!" Really?

Hide 2 replies

bee french
25 minutes ago
They were talking to/joking with the friends and family members for whom they were wrapping the presents. Friends and family would like to help whenever and wherever they can but the statement was just meant to be funny. .

Mary
14 minutes ago
I'm sure you mean well but I don't need someone to interpret for me what I see and hear.
Just wanted to say for once and always that I am not related to this gullible French bee...

• Haha
Selmar and Tatty must still be asleep or have given up deleting.
Delores has questions. My guess, 👇 this will be the event's sleeping arrangements.
TICK TOCK... 💣

1639399353006.png

Dolores Du Bois

10 minutes ago
You need more specifics. Lack of information makes you seem vague and uncertain. How can you sell tickets to events in a chateau you don't own? Have the current owners agreed to this? Say so, if so! Is there a limit to the number of attendees? 1) What does the ticket for the events include? 2) Where do visitors eat? Sleep? 3) Are there accommodations in town/s nearby? Do owners of B&B's, Guest Houses hotels, restaurants and cafes know of your plans and are they prepared to house and feed your ticket buyers? It would be helpful to have a listing of businesses in nearby towns who are informed about the events and happy to serve your Event attendees. Questions about children and pets, types of food and sleeping accommodation - what to do in case of inclement weather? I assume you do not want a repeat of Woodstock, this is a different population. When you speak of Portable Toilets, alarm bells go off! Details, details, details, please!

Gnarbel Jo
22 minutes ago
There’s no need for offensive comments. When following this my thoughts are that one possible obstacle here is you may have misunderstood the interests of the loyal audience of Chateau-channels. What I mean is my impression or assumption is the main interests of the followers (those who don’t simply see this as entertaining reality TV but also contrubute in some way) is in the renovation and management, custodianship, and investment (in all sense of the term) of Chateaux with a very real history, very real practical needs, in a wider and deeper context than just someones home or a location for a business. This forum is quite special and different from other media audiences this way.

I wouldn’t be too sure it’s the right target group for events, for business start ups, or people interested in fantasy-scripts and fantasy-history, fairytales etc.

I may be totally wrong, and in a way I hope I am as it would be intereating to see you take a ahot at this venture. But in my experience people with a slightly nerdy interest in actual historic conservation are not amused by fantasy-genre production and are interested in the very real challenges financial and practical of preservation amd maintenance of places that represent actual history with just as fascinating albeit perhaps more subtle stories in the masonry and woodwork to be uncovered and discovered, and cared for in the process of renovating a grand property of regional significance. I understand your concept here, and like Selmar said, it’s not very different than selling tickets to a dance festival, rave event or a food festival etc. But in order to sell those tickets you have to present an attractive line up of DJ’s and production teams involved, or chefs and wineproducers represented, and the location whilst important for setting the scene (whether it be a techno festival in the desert or woods, a food festival in a French villeage or Paris fairground, it’s secondary and not the main focus.

Events can be arranged in various locations, and the followers here are interested in locations not festivals. Everyone has been exited to hear you have plans to invest in the Chateau life yourselves on your own as a couple. The surprize is you’ve chosen a huge one you can’t possibly afford to maintain. Regardless of how you manage to raise funds for the purchase.

Being handly won’t cover the costs. It’s a huge responsibility to take on running a house and grounds like this, and very different from writing or event planning. And besides this businessplan of hosting events, it’s quite unclear (at least to me) how you’ve planned this work financially and practically for the near future of at least a few years not to mention a long term lifestyle commitment.

And that’s the bit that this audience is invested in.
It’s like you’ve skipped this entire subject. Also, this audience hasn’t seen you arrange any event of your own yet. As a media communications professional I think you understand the value it would entail to first create something engaging of your own, in any capacity on any location, aquiring interest and followers that would be happy to invest in more of the same, or more extravagant events.

This following would be interested regardless of the chosen millieu too.
Perhaps in a variety of different type events, who knows? It’s not that the businessplan isn’t a cool one and doable, it’s just an entirely separate topic than that of running a grand house. And I can’t figure out why you seem unaware of this. I watch many Chateau channels and other channels about unusual comitted totally submerged lifestyles. Ones that require an extreme passion for the commitment at hand and the tough requirements involved to manage, maintain and enjoy them fully. If someone want’s to buy an old barge and sail the seven seas, but I’ve not seen them sail a boat and they’re selling tickets for a cruise between Martinique and Guadeloupe before puchasing the vessel….well that’s a long shot. If they want me to invest in their Etsy shop where they sell model boats in order to buy the barge, that’s an even longer shot. It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

How do you expect to maintain ship? What’s the budget for all the work on the hull, the leaks and damage from the elements?
Do I care about model ships? Would I buy a model ship of an epic barge already up and sailing against the odds I follow?
More likeley at least. Like
I’ve stated elsewhere on Chateau channels; there’s a huge difference between owning a French Chateau or English Manor, and owning a rare expensive vehicle.
One some people may not understand. You cannot own or purchase history.
Even with a fortune invested you remain custodian and caretaker for a very brief period of the houses existance. That requires a huge commitment and serious passion for history, culture, context and living without modern comforts. I’m sad to see a few who don’t quite realize this and just do as they please with some estates, thankfully not most who chose the challenge.

Anyway, just my two cents. I really do wish you the best of luck!

Karina Vrijdaghs
28 minutes ago
My comment is by no means intended to be negative or destructive, only to point out the need of realistic planning. I have watched this video twice, to be sure my first impression was founded. It seems to me that these two people, how good their intentions may be, are deluded and very naïve. Have they started to organize these events, contacting insurance companies, legal advisors, suppliers, personnel? Have they started to produce the merchandise they will sell? Have they started to contact specialized people to work out the on line participation in the events? Do they have the necessary funds for all that? It seems to me that all they have done, until now, is the designing of three articles, like T-shirts. It is no good to say "it is all right there", because nothing is there, really, at this moment. Or "we prepared it for years in our head". Also, instead of learning English, shouldn't they rather learn French? It has been very difficult to watch the whole video without having the feeling this is all so terribly childish, and therefore dangerous when playing with big amounts of money and the goodwill of people, the present owners of the château in the first place. They seem to ask everybody to do it for them (pay tickets for events they are just dreaming of, asking a lot of people to go as volunteer workers, leave positive comments, watch out the commercials) instead of working themselves and take the necessary risks. Also, they should be aware that owning a château implies big costs for repairs and maintenance, all the time. We have seen some success stories, but only of hard working people who are producing You Tube videos constantly and moreover organize B&B, weddings, events, etcetera. We have also seen people who could not afford the maintenance of their château and had to sell (It's a wonderful world). So please, Selmar and Tatiana : "When are you gonna come down, when are you going to land?"

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
That's the best answer (French humour) from the Chatelaine !

Is she being ironical ? Cynical ?

Or does she think that her viewers AND her employees / volunteers are that stupid ?? (Well... maybe they are !!) :

Isabelle
13 hours ago
Good evening. A few words struck me: "... WE always got the advertising revenue"; do you have a joint bank account? When will the wedding be? Happy Christmas and New Year!

Hide reply

The Chateau Diaries

11 hours ago
Hee hee, no, it’s not a joint account, but everyone at Lalande feels part of one big family and we work towards everything together
emoji_u1f60a.png

Steph is still telling this tale !!!

UNBELIEVABLE !

I prefered when she had stopped answering her comments !!!

M P
16 hours ago (edited)
YAY to Philip for his smart business mind about the ad Revenue. Good Job Buddy! We all know Stephanies Electric bill is wicked expensive......not to mention paying for 3 meals and wine a day for all staying at Lalande.

Hide 2 replies

The Chateau Diaries

15 hours ago
That's true! But thanks to all of you viewers the days of me having to worry about that are over (Touch wood! I don't want to tempt fate!). What an extraordinary difference in under 2 years, thank you to all of you x

M P
14 hours ago
@The Chateau Diaries I got a heart. :) We Subscribers and Patrons support the best of original content.....Stephanie's work. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Wow...How interesting SJ's mother was caught reading the gossip here on Tattle
And, if I remember correctly, she was possibly even posting on here at that time. At least there was certainly someone posting about SJ’s singing abilities in a way only a mother could post. 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Selmar's vlog...

What a fiasco !

I can't believe all the negative and "constructive critiques" in their comments section. Despite the fact that they keep deleting them (and people are not happy with this... and keep commenting about it) !

This is a disaster !

• Haha
  • Heart
I completely believe in the vaccines and boosters, but is this lying bleeping eijit the person who should be handling peoples health. Let Kermit the Frog broadcast to the nation instead, it would be more believable.
Yes . I was worried for SJ when he said that! I thought he was an obsessive stalker, at first. She could easily attract someone like that with the message she gives in the vlogs.
I would advise her to look at the security at the chateau. Maybe have an entry system in the gate with a camera? A guard dog? I wouldn't feel too safe with some of the fans on her vlogs. There are some who seem obsessed.
oh please no no, no warm blooded animal to be left in SJ's care, she only likes the chickens and peacocks and rats and hedgehogs. Please no dog that needs love and affection she has none to give!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My theory ... Billy is winding up to start his own Patreon page ... he's got some sort of plan ... doing the daily vlogs, purchasing this project ... and waiting for his viewers to say "oh, we want to help! set up a patreon". He is starting to seem sly to me ... why else is he daily vlogging and buying a new project, why when you have a rich partner .... ?? When he said in the vlog that restoring the whole thing was beyond their finances ... I was .... oh .... well, I guess you think you can grift for that now ... but he's building to it ... that's my theory. He doesn't think Meth will recover and keep his patrons, so Billy has become likeably and daily like Dan .... all to warm the viewers up ....
I could not figure out why he is doing daily blogs unless they need the revenue. I know Gwen is well off but she may be tired of supporting the whole family. They also moved out of the chateau. Which I find strange. They may need to rent out entire chateau for funds

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.