The Chateau Diaries #94 I predict there is more growth in Tattle.Life than your gardens come spring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Jeeves Happy to take thread 8 if that’s up for grabs? Would be great to read an older thread from way before I started lurking here.

@everyone else - No idea now how I found myself here. Likely my BS sensor after seeing Mr Doing Nothing Himself or CD for the first time. As an introduction, I put jam before cream on scones and prefer hot meat pies (down here in the antipodes ;) )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah I picked up on the 'We" straight away which made him make it all sound a little desperate. We know SJ is raking the money in. We know she fabricates the truth but she does do things in a certain way and asking people to leave a vlog running to get ad revenue isn't her style. That was very juvenile of him.
Slap his scrawny wrists.
I wouldn't be too sure about it. SJ edits these vlogs herself en she left it in. Could be to turn the grannies against her lover or she thought it was funny banter against our critique of them being grifters, either way, if she wasn't happy about it she could have edited it out. She didn't.

@Clara Burnett WHAT ? $1,800 for Christmas Day wine ? Well LA DE DA ! Madame‘s tastes are getting way out of hand. Ironically she’s not hiding any of it. The ridiculous lunches, the absurdly expensive wall papers, the Paris hotel suites, the Narnia attic, the purpose of which could have easily been served by having Ian build shelving for her brick a brack.
go Garnnies. Keep funding her lifestyle.
Actually, this number is just what I heard from one source, who went into the pantry to count. Somebody else have said to have seen more boxes delivered, but does not know where they are stored so no confirmation possible.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
@Jeeves Happy to take thread 8 if that’s up for grabs? Would be great to read an older thread from way before I started lurking here.

@everyone else - No idea now how I found myself here. Likely my BS sensor after seeing Mr Doing Nothing Himself or CD for the first time. As an introduction, I put jam before cream on scones and prefer hot meat pies (down here in the antipodes ;) )
That's kind but @Marty McFly 9 has kindly done that now. I don't know if @Tartuffe is playing along with us (I did say Threads 1-20 in by this evening so maybe will update by us by then.) Currently Threads 87 and 63 are confirmed as being free - I am sure we will have other gaps to fill as we go along for older threads. Hopefully Tattlers will let us know in plenty of time if they don't want to participate so that we can share those threads out. I don't want to post an updated table too frequently as it will use up posts on the threads and we might run out of time to vote before Thread 100! If you are playing along but haven't posted your favourite from the threads, can you react to this post with an 😡 please so that I don't reallocate your thread - thanks.

I'll update the table if I'm posting. (I can only post screenshots of the table as it doesn't like a spreadsheet doc.). I'll put an asterisk next to your name if I know that you are still playing.
Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 07.47.43.png

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Oh that wreath is lovely! Those pink baby's breath... Are they dyed or do they come in that pretty cool pink?
I think they are dyed .

Sorry to slightly derail, but if anyone was a fan of the original "The Railway Children" movie, there's is a new version coming out, they've finished filming it my family told me. It's set in Oakworth like the original and parts were filmed in Haworth. It stars Jenny Agutter as an elderly lady who befriends 4 evacuees. Something to look out for.

Glad to hear
She's sold one to the Bronte Parsonage.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I hope these comments are from Selmar's followers only. If the same people also follow SJ and they cannot see these are the same things she does, then there's really a cult
The people that watch Selmar, Dan, Marie, Paid for Dutch Boyfriend are from SJ's pool of fans IMO. I can't see how someone would "stumble" across their vlogs independently.

And if Marie did sell one to Bronte Parsonage - good for her.

Reactions: 22
Do we know who will be there at Christmas?

It's not sounding like fun to me ...
I know I won't be attending ever again. And I know that there's been a lot of cancellations amongst the usual suspects, but I wouldn't worry too much, she will get the table filled, with random strangers if she has to and would still talk big about every single one of them being family anyway. That's how she usually fills that big empty space, with meaningless, heartless words of affection. Strangers are actually more likely to fall for her charade.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I wouldn't be too sure about it. SJ edits these vlogs herself en she left it in. Could be to turn the grannies against her lover or she thought it was funny banter against our critique of them being grifters, either way, if she wasn't happy about it she could have edited it out. She didn't.

Actually, this number is just what I heard from one source, who went into the pantry to count. Somebody else have said to have seen more boxes delivered, but does not know where they are stored so no confirmation possible.
Isn’t it a little dangerous stating that you have someone close enough to count in the pantry? That could only be a very small number of people. If I were Fanny I’d be pretty freaked out. She must suspect someone….

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
That's what struck me, how flat and lifeless it feels there and that there is no one there. I wonder how she hasn't manipulated more people to stick around or be around? Nati and Amaury being away right now, kind of shocking. Or why not pay Annalise to come over for something every couple of days and help. They could do fancy Christmas hairdos ... or anything really. The 2 volunteers are not very dynamic people ... and Snorts is flat, and it doesn't feel like the two volunteers like him, it seems like all 3 women are trying to put him in his place a lot, which has gotten old.
Why drag poor Annalise into this, she goes because of work (or the social tit because otherwise Dan would just party all the time).
The volunteers all try and copy SJ. Really quite pathetic that they don’t have lives of their own to get on with (or any personality). Especially as one of them (the big forehead Russian) can come back after only a few weeks away.

As they are all paranoid and read here, take some advice - get your own life, stop faking it, stay with your own family for Christmas, don’t copy the shittoo charlatan life.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That's what struck me, how flat and lifeless it feels there and that there is no one there. I wonder how she hasn't manipulated more people to stick around or be around? Nati and Amaury being away right now, kind of shocking. Or why not pay Annalise to come over for something every couple of days and help. They could do fancy Christmas hairdos ... or anything really. The 2 volunteers are not very dynamic people ... and Snorts is flat, and it doesn't feel like the two volunteers like him, it seems like all 3 women are trying to put him in his place a lot, which has gotten old.
I suspect that this is the (real) life at Lalande most of the time.

Off camera off course.

On camera, the Chatelaine chases any living beings wandering around the chateau with her b....y camera on hand to make content for her vlogs !

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Whoops did How to Renovate put out the bedroom reveal too early. Chateau DIY isn't scheduled to broadcast until 20 December?

I only follow Dan on YouTube so miss announcement of skipped days elsewhere. No daily yesterday?

Reactions: 7
I suspect that this is the (real) life at Lalande most of the time.
Off camera off course.
On camera, the Chatelaine chases any living beings wandering around the chateau with her b....y camera on hand to make content for her vlogs !
You are so right about that. Real life at her shittoo is as boring as it can be anywhere else, her magic only exists online.

I only follow Dan on YouTube so miss announcement of skipped days elsewhere. No daily yesterday?
It was his birthday!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I went visit my family in Haworth today. Marie was outside Cobbles and Clay, making and selling wreaths. She had lots of interest and the wreaths were selling. I didn't get to speak to her, but she smiled at me as I walked past. She's taller than I realised. Her wreaths are on doors up and down the High street and look really good in the flesh. Photos dont do them justice.
Apologies for a couple of blurry photos
Awww 🥰 kudos … to her
she’s working
As I live and breath

It’s a Christmas 🤶 miracle 😈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Did anyone notice that Maria? the Russian volunteer was wearing yellow wellies in one of the latest vlogs? We know Stephanie likes yellow wellies. Did she lend her a pair or is the volunteer doing a Single White Female?

Awww 🥰 kudos … to her
she’s working
As I live and breath

It’s a Christmas 🤶 miracle 😈
Let's hope it lasts and her emotional issues don't overwhelm her.

• Heart
Isn’t it a little dangerous stating that you have someone close enough to count in the pantry? That could only be a very small number of people. If I were Fanny I’d be pretty freaked out. She must suspect someone….
Well, SJ has convinced herself (and others) that she knows who I am, making my life as a whistleblower infinitely easier 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Whoops did How to Renovate put out the bedroom reveal too early. Chateau DIY isn't scheduled to broadcast until 20 December?

It's his birthday so he's taking a break. When I'm logged in to youtube if I scroll down past the two rows of recommended videos I get messages from channels I've subscribed to, Dan says there about his birthday

Reactions: 8
It's going to be a lonely Christmas when the volunteers go home 😔. Just Stephanie and PhiPhi rattling round in a cold chateau. Still they've got their crates of wine and Ebay and Netflix.

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.