The Chateau Diaries #93 They muddy the water to make it seem deep ~ Friedrich Nietzche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmmm I guess I don't get it as I don't know your accent....to me paw and flaw are pronounced like "awwwww" like you'd say when seeing a cute baby or something...I guess, depending on where you're from, words are pronounced differently. I had a friend from Massachusetts who pronounced car like cah and bar like bah...I loved listening to her talk. I was born and raised in Texas and there they say car like coere...they're crazy things, accents....I think I didn't write that Texas car right...LOL...another different example...my sister had a VERY pronounced Texas accent. Thank goodness I lost mine (except when I'm around my Texas kin....Where I'd say "I just saw an old friend" and she'd say "I jist seen a old friend"....same sentence, different accents....Oh hell, I'm not making any sense. I think I need to go to bed...LOL...Just ignore me...
I'm with you, " PBR ;)" taaah coe

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I personally love a before and after and a recap! So I liked this one. I am ready to be on to him decorating and filling the studio with furniture. I love the old rusty metal recycle behind the wood stove.

I'd probably prefer he did 3 videos a week and not one every day.
I like Dan. He seems to me to be trying very hard to stick to his promise of a daily video and sometimes our lives are all just boring some days. I feel like he is working hard to get where he wants to be with his studio. My husband is enthralled by his little boy’s dinosaur coat - it’s so cute! We only have nieces but I might have to find that dinosaur coat for one of them! Or my husband… 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Well…this is my 1,000th post! Time flies when you’re having fun! I found this to be appropriate for the occasion…😊

3FD6ECE6-1136-4E9A-B0F5-850C31D71EF3.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I liked it…he got the flue finished and the fireplace stove installed (and lit!). The studio probably has more heat than La La Lande now! 😆

It’s interesting that Dan has shown he can produce and edit daily vlogs. It can be done long term. But, I wouldn’t mind if he just did 2 or 3 per week…even once a week is fine if it’s consistent. And he’s keeping busy…doing something every day. Can you imagine if Michael tried to keep up with daily vlogs? Now that would be boring! MPK had to grasp at content to keep up with just the one week of daily vlogs he produced (of course, he was preoccupied with Andrew at that time, too). In reality, Michael’s day to day life just isn’t that interesting. What does he actually do? Not much, really.
I think you're right it will be much warmer than Lande... I've no idea what MP does with his time, the upstairs of cottage won't get touched till January when he hopefully gets the staircase. Think he was going to get some interesting Christmas facts and traditions to share with us, I can't pretend to be excited about the tradition of kissing under the mistletoe came about. Getting back to Dan I feel less is more with him. He has creativity with camera skills and needs to get back to reduced vlogs x

Well…this is my 1,000th post! Time flies when you’re having fun! I found this to be appropriate for the occasion…😊

View attachment 914959
Congratulations 👏.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
There's definitely electricity in the chapel, installed in 2016 by the elderly father in law of that horrible homophobic workawayer, the one SJ and her mother chose to let stay over Frank and Ivo, the guardians at the time. You can read all about this in previous threads. There's also been footage in her vlogs where they use an electric piano or organ in the chapel, so yes, the chapel has electricity.
Outside lighting, more proof...

244423653_414775183549862_1911978816718452431_n.jpg

OCTOBER 3
Chateau de la Lande
e.m.il.io
Not a bad gaff…

Reactions: 25
the first time I saw the chapel restorer in her vlog, I knew (and I told the Tartlets) that he would not do the job. It was in his way of speaking to the Chatelaine... Something in the air like he didn't take her seriously.
He might start some small work in the chapel buy not more.

Time will tell.

Another fascinating thing to watch in CD channel. Never bored ! 😅😅
I found him quite charming both times he appeared and so enthusiastic with many exciting plans to restore the chapel but now I’m thinking what’s going on with him? If he were a younger person I’d definitely think he was keen to get on YouTube but at his age I don’t think he wants to be an influencer ( no ageism here I’m 70 myself) what’s his game? Puzzled viewer

Reactions: 13
I like Dan. He seems to me to be trying very hard to stick to his promise of a daily video and sometimes our lives are all just boring some days. I feel like he is working hard to get where he wants to be with his studio. My husband is enthralled by his little boy’s dinosaur coat - it’s so cute! We only have nieces but I might have to find that dinosaur coat for one of them! Or my husband… 🤣
I couldn't find one in your hubbies size

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Hope Maria didnt spill anything unwashable on Jo`s precious apron from her mother. Surprised she left it behind if it was so important to her

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I watched Billy’s vlog “Rare Stuff” (actually just more crap from the brocantes) and Teabeg made an appearance at the end. He was sitting at the kitchen table, just moping around and playing on his phone (dreaming on Grindr?). Asked Billy if he bought anything at the brocantes, and Billy said no. To which Teabeg replied “Why? Gwen didn’t give you any money? Ha Ha!” What a jerk…but can’t argue with him when it’s true. Every time we see Michael, he’s doing anything except working! He’s playing with SJ, playing on his phone, or talking to ghosts. And more excuses…”can’t get the cottage done because I don’t have oak stairs. The oak trees in France are lazy and don’t grow fast enough. I need to go to England to get my cream.” So many things he could do… like he bought that expensive mixer but can’t be bothered to even do a cooking video. And, unlike before, no one is asking questions about it in the comments…I think people are not caring and just moving on. Giving up.

View attachment 914012
actually, he was texting me a lovely romantic poem by Robert Frost: „The road not taken“

You can stop being jealous..

• Haha
Reactions: 10
OMG so…..if there was any doubt SJ reads here that certainly seemed to confirm it. Visiting local market and updates 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.