The Chateau Diaries #93 They muddy the water to make it seem deep ~ Friedrich Nietzche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dans latest vlog has just bored me senseless... not only have we watched the renovation of his editing room/studio across many individual vlogs but we were treated to a condensed version of the same work in order to see the difference. I knew what it was like before and he has indeed created a totally different space visually but this was just a vlog filler.. no other footage so let's do a rehash...I don't wish to offend his fans, I do like him but this was not his best production.
I personally love a before and after and a recap! So I liked this one. I am ready to be on to him decorating and filling the studio with furniture. I love the old rusty metal recycle behind the wood stove.

I'd probably prefer he did 3 videos a week and not one every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The chapel restorer asked for an outlet for his small electric heater when he talked with her and Amaury. Doesn’t the chapel have electricity? What was she talking about that she needed to run electricity to it so he can plug in his heater? Does that electric organ just run on batteries? Oh…I’m so glad I found this place. All the questions I ask my tv…they are being asked here. PS - that chapel restorer is NEVER showing up!
the first time I saw the chapel restorer in her vlog, I knew (and I told the Tartlets) that he would not do the job. It was in his way of speaking to the Chatelaine... Something in the air like he didn't take her seriously.
He might start some small work in the chapel buy not more.

Time will tell.

Another fascinating thing to watch in CD channel. Never bored ! 😅😅

Reactions: 26
Actually, at the beginning of the Patreon video she says that the chapel restorer hasn't begun to work yet because his trailer was broken or some such so he still wants to do it but can't start yet!...Whatever...

I watched, or rather listened to the gift grab and I've decided to punish myself by watching it again...let me finish!!!...and count every time they say the word "beautiful", then take a shot of something alcoholic with each time....I'll be passed out within the first 10 minutes.....
" Lovely" appears to be the newest addition to the vocabulary.

• Haha
I like Dans videos but I think I would prefer one or two a week that were a little longer and a little more structured. I’m not a Patron though, just an admirer.
I hope that’s what happens after December madness when the vloggers are making money. Dan could do two good vlogs a week and keep all but his super fans happy. Talking to you Tony in LA.

Reactions: 13
Dans latest vlog has just bored me senseless... not only have we watched the renovation of his editing room/studio across many individual vlogs but we were treated to a condensed version of the same work in order to see the difference. I knew what it was like before and he has indeed created a totally different space visually but this was just a vlog filler.. no other footage so let's do a rehash...I don't wish to offend his fans, I do like him but this was not his best production.
the moment he put that pigstyroof in doors...omg..who gets an idea like that..thats not industrial..thats old scrap....

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I hope mole hunting drives her crazy. Actually, she’s been acting a little crazy of late so hurrah! I’m curious if you’ve heard anything regarding the arrival of Oliver. Is he there for a while? Will he be working on her merchandising from afar? I’m also curious if she is setting up a back up for PhiPhi should she give him marching orders. Oliver would fit that bill, but I don’t see him staying away from his family for that long.

With Billy shutting down the Chateau for the winter, Teabag might be looking for a winter residence...

I could be wrong.

Reactions: 7
I agree! Their use of local artisans and their assimilation into their community makes them way more watchable than CD. I do think that Phillip not being British and being very confident in his French probably makes this easier for them, though.

Can any fluent French speakers speak to how bad Anna's French is? She seems very self conscious about it. In her success stories interview she said she had never spoken French until she moved to Paris.
I don't really watch them and haven't heard speak in french.
His french is perfect, fluent like a native.
Steph is far far far behind him.

Ask 10 builders if you need the coving in before the sink and toilet and they will laugh in your face. What a ridiculous set of priorities.
Also ask them whether it's ok to wallpaper before the coving is attached, filled at joins and painted.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I hope that’s what happens after December madness when the vloggers are making money. Dan could do two good vlogs a week and keep all but his super fans happy. Talking to you Tony in LA.
If I were him I'd do 1 for patreon and 2 on Youtube. It would be good to get more on their patreon page. Dan & Annalise are my only patreon people.

Reactions: 10
I like Dans videos but I think I would prefer one or two a week that were a little longer and a little more structured. I’m not a Patron though, just an admirer.
i quess we all have seen enough of that green van driving throught the countryside..it was nice in the beginning but its getting a bore to look at..

• Heart
Reactions: 18
i ask muself why Selmar and tatty want to buy a chateau...buy a farmhouse..i think it will make them both more happy.j,,,ust with a gite or three..works just fine..have a bunch of animals..and enjoy the simple life..

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It is driving her crazy, although she will never admit that to anyone and pretends she can just ignore it. As far as I know (but don't shoot me if I'm wrong on this one, will need confirmation) Oliver has already left.
Left! As in left the fold of La Lande forever.? Wow! He's not everyone's cup of tea but I liked him.

Reactions: 2
I liked it…he got the flue finished and the fireplace stove installed (and lit!). The studio probably has more heat than La La Lande now! 😆

It’s interesting that Dan has shown he can produce and edit daily vlogs. He’s proven it can be done long term. But, I wouldn’t mind if he just did 2 or 3 per week…even once a week is fine if it’s consistent. And he’s keeping busy…doing something every day. Can you imagine if Michael tried to keep up with daily vlogs? Now that would be boring! MPK had to grasp at content to keep up with just the one week of daily vlogs he produced (of course, he was preoccupied with Andrew at that time, too). In reality, Michael’s day to day life just isn’t that interesting. What does he actually do? Not much, really.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
If I were him I'd do 1 for patreon and 2 on Youtube. It would be good to get more on their patreon page. Dan & Annalise are my only patreon people.
Mine as well on Patreon. I like Annaliese doing the Patreon videos because Dan is so highly featured in the regular vlogs.

Reactions: 9
i ask muself why Selmar and tatty want to buy a chateau...buy a farmhouse..i think it will make them both more happy.j,,,ust with a gite or three..works just fine..have a bunch of animals..and enjoy the simple life..
Today's vlog...Her geese doth protest very loudly...I did find them amusing even more amusing was when I thought Selmar was going to deposit his covid sample in someone's bin instead of the small post box 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 13
the first time I saw the chapel restorer in her vlog, I knew (and I told the Tartlets) that he would not do the job. It was in his way of speaking to the Chatelaine... Something in the air like he didn't take her seriously.
He might start some small work in the chapel buy not more.

Time will tell.

Another fascinating thing to watch in CD channel. Never bored ! 😅😅

I remember while watching and listening to him that I got a sense of IT WILL BE DONE MY WAY from him. I'm not sure that would work for Fanny.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.