The Chateau Diaries #93 They muddy the water to make it seem deep ~ Friedrich Nietzche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our Chatelaine can not polish her silverware herself ??!! She need the maid to do it... WOW. :oops::rolleyes:

Pink champagne just because you do your Christmas tree ? Never heard of this before. Is it a British tradition (just kidding ;) ) ?

90 euros for more Christmas decorations ? Are they for real ? Haven't they heard of families struggling at the moment because of Covid restrictions ?? :mad:

Question : When will her Patrons really wake up and rebel ??
I might start a new tradition when I decorate my tree, Pink champagne. I usually have a mince pie and a coffee.
...yep...nothing aggravates the f out of me more...than being told what to do or not to do. none of the big, mean men I work with Dare tell this 5’7.5” inch size 2...😎...wtf to ever do. those burly fks don’t even dare to make eye contact on certain days...yep...these YT people put their tit on the internet for pay...they are open season...in reason...and without exposing one to liability...of course...😈
Hmm... How long did FRK live in the UK? I feel like she has a limited vocabulary. Refering the pine needles as greens...
Also, I am not fan of her and Sara letting the crying stay in the vlog, albeit it was of joy, because Nikki(?) & Co. gifted her the ticket home.
I hope she considered giving them presents in return as a thank you.
She said on Instagram that she had lived in England 9 years and had residency. I think her English is pretty good, there are just a few words she struggles to pronounce mostly ending in "th". She probably uses the nearest English word to describe something she doesn't know the word for. This is not unusual.
The English "th" is difficult for non native speakers to get right. I admire anyone who had the courage to move abroad and speak another language, we all have to learn. My school French gets me by when I travel in France and I'm glad nobody mocks me for it as my pronunciation must be awful 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Not easy to lose your accent when you speak another language. Even after years. Everyone is different in this matter.

In which vlog can we see Isabelle's sister ? I have watched their vlogs from the very beginning but can't remember her ?
Raymond Blanc still has a very strong french accent and he’s lived in the uk for years 😂

Reactions: 7
Maria is a natural, she is the star today, PJ should just disappear, he even managed to bungle up something easy as putting coal in the oven (I think it was him, trying to help Maria)
Apparently he was going to host the Gift grab whilst SJ was doing the cake mix I think she said. So now she's delegating him to front it so she can gradually distance herself. So much for being private, he now has a leading role or so he thinks, I call it dumping on him.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
We'd say "a big girl's blouse." (Wales). Same horse, different jockey!

ETA: Croeso I @Ysbeidiau! 👋
It's blouse in Yorkshire too.! 😁

Not easy to lose your accent when you speak another language. Even after years. Everyone is different in this matter.

In which vlog can we see Isabelle's sister ? I have watched their vlogs from the very beginning but can't remember her ?
She was at Isabelle's wedding, if you look for that vlog

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
It was his first volunteer gig. It is rumored that it happened as soon as she found a can opener to get his pants off.
🧵 too funny, some sort of thread title in that comment!!

? For the tartlets, because I’m nosey. Did Stef give a date when their relationship changed from chateau owner and volunteer to loooooovers?
Versus when did it actually change?
When the reveal happened they said it was nearly a year ago ... so Oct/Nov 2020?

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Ok was watching Stephanoligy stuff her face with all those nuts 🌰

And I thought …. If yer lover was soooooo allergic to nuts .. fatal like
View attachment 913211
Ye wouldn’t be kissing 😽 of an evening … after you had a lorry load of nutty cake 🧁
View attachment 913214
But you’d have to be true lovers - with genuine warmth and affection for each other - certainly not to cause harm !

Wouldn’t you ??
The cross contamination in that kitchen would be enough to cause an anaphylactic reaction for anyone with a true allergy to nuts and eggs it makes me shutter to look at the way they are preparing the cookies probably using the same bowls and utensils. I hope SJ brushes and gargles before a snogging session or she may kill her pet

• Haha
Reactions: 21
.... I did wish at one point SJ would stuff Snorts mouth with one.
He always says 'Thank you' in that twee way when SJ says he has done something well, rather than saying 'yes, I had to think about the shape of the tree before I chose it, and the height...' blah blah blah (about the tree for example). He never takes the focus OFF himself, and just joins in an interesting conversation. Boring chap. Far too young. Get out, live a life, and maybe come back when you are more interesting, or better still, NEVER.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Not the nice one.... both SJ and Amaury have said multiple times that she is just as scary as IJ!
People are always as scary as you like them to be...nobody scares me...i am used to old witches...there were plenty in my family...and i outlived them all... ;) it would be a challange to take the old cow on...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I also wish that SJ would feature some of the locals in her Advent vlogs. She's been there 16+ years - doesn't she know some of the shop vendors she frequents on a first-name basis by now? How about a little about the cheese shop's owners and the selections they offer, where they get their supplies, and how they run their little shop, funny stories from their business, etc. She shows us nothing about the area and the people amongst whom she lives. If people want to visit LL, surely they would want to go to the same famed cheese shop and other businesses? Stephanie, cast your net wider. You might find a better beau that way too. It's all become a bit too 'incestuous' for me. Same people, same things.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Apparently he was going to host the Gift grab whilst SJ was doing the cake mix I think she said. So now she's delegating him to front it so she can gradually distance herself. So much for being private, he now has a leading role or so he thinks, I call it dumping on him.
I thought SJ meant that BGB ( big girl's blouse) was going to edit the gift grab . Which is one of his jobs isn't it ?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
[QUOT="nastynan13, post: 7409352, member: 163594"]
The ivy in BH or the Ivy at the Beach (my FAVE!!) which- don't you think it's funny- nobody here eats carbs, but yet it's THE HOME of the fancy comfort food? Also, everyone thinks it's such a party town? Ahh no, it's a company town. Any working actor has an early call time or is traveling for work. Everyone is home and asleep by 9. It's a GHOST town by 10. It's HILARIOUS! We moved here after Boston, and I thought Boston was soooo provincial after NYC... ahh no. There is a saying: If you are smart and ambitious you move to NYC, if you are not that smart but very ambitious you move to LA, neither... move to SF🤣🤔

...ah...that’s cute..superficial LA always has such cute little stereotypical sayings about us here by the Bay...unfortunately we don’t have any trite ditties to offer...because we never give them a second thought...😘😉

• Haha
Reactions: 4
[QUOT="nastynan13, post: 7409352, member: 163594"]
The ivy in BH or the Ivy at the Beach (my FAVE!!) which- don't you think it's funny- nobody here eats carbs, but yet it's THE HOME of the fancy comfort food? Also, everyone thinks it's such a party town? Ahh no, it's a company town. Any working actor has an early call time or is traveling for work. Everyone is home and asleep by 9. It's a GHOST town by 10. It's HILARIOUS! We moved here after Boston, and I thought Boston was soooo provincial after NYC... ahh no. There is a saying: If you are smart and ambitious you move to NYC, if you are not that smart but very ambitious you move to LA, neither... move to SF🤣🤔

...ah...that’s cute..superficial LA always has such cute little stereotypical sayings about us here by the Bay...unfortunately we don’t have any trite ditties to offer...because we never give them a second thought...😘😉
You've reminded me of a quote by Chanel. "I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all!" 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
don't exactly remember which one.
She and her husband were at IJ and Percy's wedding and she also went to a jewellery making class with IJ and Steph at the home of the fashion designer where Steph bought the pigeon pictures plus a lot of clothes! She seems lovely, much happier and more relaxed than IJ and a lot younger. Her Scottish husband seemed nice too, you can see why Amaury is so different from SJ. Chantal is also Steph's godmother and has given her a lot of expensive furniture and other gifts over the years. I think she has two sons and no daughters so that may be why she spoils Steph! She's very pretty but much larger than IJ and SJ. I imagine, like Annelise, that she was very beautiful when younger.

Reactions: 14
Raymond Blanc still has a very strong french accent and he’s lived in the uk for years 😂
My Dad was a Scot, lived in Australia for over 60 years, and still had a broad Glaswegian accent. My friends used to think he was Yugoslavian and couldn't understand a thing he said!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.