The Chateau Diaries #93 They muddy the water to make it seem deep ~ Friedrich Nietzche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just watched tonight’s offering… actually enjoyed it much more than recent episodes. Possibly due to: less posing and posturing; less manic laughter; lack of snorting, even though BJJ appears in it; nobody dressed up to the nines to sit around in the kitchen. And most of all - no Patheterick!
Maria is a natural, she is the star today, PJ should just disappear, he even managed to bungle up something easy as putting coal in the oven (I think it was him, trying to help Maria)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
According to tonight's Flog, Phi Phi can eat Oreos but not citrus rind ?? I think it's is wild that SJ does eat heaps of nuts and the nuts are everywhere in that kitchen and that doesn't bother Phiphi
He probably mixed up allergy with allegory.
P: I have no nuts. I am allegoric to nuts.
P: I am sour because I loose hair. I am allegoric to citrus.
P: I am not a milk boy anymore! I am allegoric to dairy.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
IJ's as French as they come... the woman refused to even lose her accent after eons of living in UK!

In contrast, her sister (the nice one we have seen on the vlogs and is married to uncle Stephen and is SJ's god mother) speaks perfect English!
Not easy to lose your accent when you speak another language. Even after years. Everyone is different in this matter.

In which vlog can we see Isabelle's sister ? I have watched their vlogs from the very beginning but can't remember her ?

Reactions: 9
Maria is a natural, she is the star today, PJ should just disappear, he even managed to bungle up something easy as putting coal in the oven (I think it was him, trying to help Maria)
Maria is weird. She flew from Cyprus to Athens to Paris to Limoges to be hopefully picked up there. One day of travelling each way, 1000 Euro minimum for flights during pandemic with new variant to conquer Europe in December when everyone else is busy getting ready for Christmas to stay at a freezing chateau where she has to clean her own room and to cook for several people? Creepy...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
As the daughter of Danish immigrants, skipping tonight's episode is in order.
I can't imagine what they did to bastardize my good heritage.
(excuse the foul language) :)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Definitely - those two girls kept the show on the road 😈

Definitely warming to them - loved the look of the dinner 🍽

But it looked cold 🥶 in the dishes ….
The gravy wasent even steaming - bloody Stephanoligy and her blogging

She’d ruin fruit 🍎 the way she films 🎥

Good 👍 luck to both the girls 👧

Reactions: 24
Perhaps those pearls where not really IJ's .... they could have belonged to a dear old lady who was at the Nursing Home. If so - Karma !

Morning All !
I wouldn't be one bit surprised with that greedy old bag. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in that family.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The ivy in BH or the Ivy at the Beach (my FAVE!!) which- don't you think it's funny- nobody here eats carbs, but yet it's THE HOME of the fancy comfort food? Also, everyone thinks it's such a party town? Ahh no, it's a company town. Any working actor has an early call time or is traveling for work. Everyone is home and asleep by 9. It's a GHOST town by 10. It's HILARIOUS! We moved here after Boston, and I thought Boston was soooo provincial after NYC... ahh no. There is a saying: If you are smart and ambitious you move to NYC, if you are not that smart but very ambitious you move to LA, neither... move to SF🤣🤔

Really? I really like them. And the SMELL... mmm
I liked the food at the Ivy but came out hungry. My thinking was posh people mustn't eat much 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
OK, I have to tap out from the GAG, it’s offending my every sensibility. Looking forward to the field report and laughing in anticipation

Reactions: 6
🧑‍🎄🥂🤶🎅🥂🍻🥃

Here’s how media moguls run a Christmas campaign
During a pandemic 😷

👍👍👍👍

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We know that Dan reads his comments. And I really hope he will read these ones.

I was thinking exactly the same when I saw him doing it...

Could be dangerous actually.

Andrew
15 hours agoShould also use pink plasterboard around the flue and behind the fire, it’s fire retardant plasterboard

.Andrew
15 hours agoThe bend ideally should be 45 not 90.

Andrew
15 hours ago
That’s the wrong size flue pipe Dan, you’ll have hot stinky residue and tar running down the inside of the pipe onto the top of your fire, it will burn off and smoke like mad. The flue pipe needs to fit inside the outlet on top of the fire!
I always wonder why there are professionals...because everything is so simple one can do it by themselves..?? Dan is also installing his electrics by himself..i would not dream about doing that..what will the insurance say when the place burns down?? at least there are more crumbling houses in that area you can buy for 20000 euros or less....but in the end...i find it all very dangerous..i wouldnt sleep a wink in a house like that..

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Not easy to lose your accent when you speak another language. Even after years. Everyone is different in this matter.

In which vlog can we see Isabelle's sister ? I have watched their vlogs from the very beginning but can't remember her ?
That's true...

I don't exactly remember which one.. It was one of the early ones. she came over and they were sitting in the kltchen.. and they were arguing that IJ doesn't like music in the kitchen, but SJ and auntie love it. She was more like a mellowed out SJ in personality...

I'm sure @Clara Burnett knows better tho.

Reactions: 7
From CD's day 8 live chat...

geenagr Wait, how is Philip going to eat melomakarona? They have a lot of nuts!
The Chateau Diaries @greenagr He had his with chocolate and coconut instead!

bee french So happy to see Philip eating . Was worried he wasn’t eating when Josie was there
Philip Janssen @bee french Don’t worry, I’m always eating!
bee french @phikip janssen that Josie was always trying to kill you off

Josie wasn't trying hard enough

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.