The Chateau Diaries #93 They muddy the water to make it seem deep ~ Friedrich Nietzche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guess you really do need 3 meter rooms for the panelling
😈
image.jpg

Stephanie - what about this fire place
image.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I've never got Mac n cheese either. Truffle cheese sounds interesting but people have really put me off truffle saying it was vile like eating a piece of earth. Was out at the Ivy with friends recently who ordered a pasta dish with truffle and never offered me a bite to try it when I explained why I'd never had it. 😔☹😭. Don't want to waste a meal if it's something I'm not going to like.
In my country there's a tv detective series with a grumpy, lonesome, greedy detective I like to watch. He always eats pasta al nothing at work. So in one episode they let his colleagues trace him down in a posh restaurant where he again orders pasta, but this time with truffles. Oha! So the waiter comes with a trolley. On the trolley a cute elegant silver balance. Another waiter comes with a tiny basket with a small truffle in it. He starts to shave a bit off onto the balance. The balance shows about 20 bucks. He asks: some more? The grunoy detective just nods. The waiter shaves some more off. The balance shows 40 bucks. Meanwhile the colleagues give him the bad news. He lets the waiter shave the whole ball off for some comfort food. So in the end his simple pasta dish was quite expensive.

This scene kind of impressed me that much that I decided to try and to have for xmas just pasta with butter and a bit of truffles. Back then there was no Internet so it took a lot of effort to find a store in the next big town and order the truffle and pick it up etc.
We were really excited. I cooked some fancy expensive pasta and shaved some truffle with a tool I especially bought for it... And: it tastes like a piece of dirt😋😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I don't understand why her mother would call her out publicly... why does everyone need to know.. a private message would have been much more appropriate unless she wanted to humiliate her for past misdemeanors.. Not a nice relationship in my opinion...
Again: british Humor

• Haha
Reactions: 7
IJ's as French as they come... the woman refused to even lose her accent after eons of living in UK!

In contrast, her sister (the nice one we have seen on the vlogs and is married to uncle Stephen and is SJ's god mother) speaks perfect English!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
IJ's as French as they come... the woman refused to even lose her accent after eons of living in UK!

In contrast, her sister (the nice one we have seen on the vlogs and is married to uncle Stephen and is SJ's god mother) speaks perfect English!
On Isabelle’s accent

I knew a Dutch lady who had two daughters upon arrival in NZ. The 9 year old lost her accent entirely, the 11 year old always retained it.
My understanding is that 11-12 makes a foreign accent permanent. They may be exceptions, but I’ve never met them.
B99EBC89-CE1C-45C2-837C-8C8773E9441D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I've never got Mac n cheese either. Truffle cheese sounds interesting but people have really put me off truffle saying it was vile like eating a piece of earth. Was out at the Ivy with friends recently who ordered a pasta dish with truffle and never offered me a bite to try it when I explained why I'd never had it. 😔☹😭. Don't want to waste a meal if it's something I'm not going to like.
The ivy in BH or the Ivy at the Beach (my FAVE!!) which- don't you think it's funny- nobody here eats carbs, but yet it's THE HOME of the fancy comfort food? Also, everyone thinks it's such a party town? Ahh no, it's a company town. Any working actor has an early call time or is traveling for work. Everyone is home and asleep by 9. It's a GHOST town by 10. It's HILARIOUS! We moved here after Boston, and I thought Boston was soooo provincial after NYC... ahh no. There is a saying: If you are smart and ambitious you move to NYC, if you are not that smart but very ambitious you move to LA, neither... move to SF🤣🤔

In my country there's a tv detective series with a grumpy, lonesome, greedy detective I like to watch. He always eats pasta al nothing at work. So in one episode they let his colleagues trace him down in a posh restaurant where he again orders pasta, but this time with truffles. Oha! So the waiter comes with a trolley. On the trolley a cute elegant silver balance. Another waiter comes with a tiny basket with a small truffle in it. He starts to shave a bit off onto the balance. The balance shows about 20 bucks. He asks: some more? The grunoy detective just nods. The waiter shaves some more off. The balance shows 40 bucks. Meanwhile the colleagues give him the bad news. He lets the waiter shave the whole ball off for some comfort food. So in the end his simple pasta dish was quite expensive.

This scene kind of impressed me that much that I decided to try and to have for xmas just pasta with butter and a bit of truffles. Back then there was no Internet so it took a lot of effort to find a store in the next big town and order the truffle and pick it up etc.
We were really excited. I cooked some fancy expensive pasta and shaved some truffle with a tool I especially bought for it... And: it tastes like a piece of dirt😋😂😂😂
Really? I really like them. And the SMELL... mmm

• Haha
Reactions: 3
On Isabelle’s accent

I knew a Dutch lady who had two daughters upon arrival in NZ. The 9 year old lost her accent entirely, the 11 year old always retained it.
My understanding is that 11-12 makes a foreign accent permanent. They may be exceptions, but I’ve never met them. View attachment 913146
I didn't speak English until I was 20... and now (let's just say I have lived in an English speaking country for fewer years than IJ has) the only thing that gives me away is my very distinctly non-English name...
But then again, not everyone has the ear for learning accents, my ex-husband's accent was and still is dreadful! LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Dipstick now says there’s no rules for setting tables
OH FFS! I do not understand, who does he think he is?
You live in a farmhouse. You don't dine at Fouqet's. You don't have your afternoon tea at LaDurée. You are allergic (your words not mine) to EVERYTHING.
How about focusing your channel into something you are good at... there must be something even though I can not recall anything successful he has done since entering the châteu-verse... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 28
You live in a farmhouse. You don't dine at Fouqet's. You don't have your afternoon tea at LaDurée. You are allergic (your words not mine) to EVERYTHING.
How about focusing your channel into something you are good at... there must be something even though I can not recall anything successful he has done since entering the châteu-verse... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:🤦‍♀️
My husband' speaks French- he says his accent is for poop. Btw - I will say what I 👍

Reactions: 1
From CD's day 8 live chat...

geenagr Wait, how is Philip going to eat melomakarona? They have a lot of nuts!
The Chateau Diaries @greenagr He had his with chocolate and coconut instead!

bee french So happy to see Philip eating . Was worried he wasn’t eating when Josie was there
Philip Janssen @bee french Don’t worry, I’m always eating!
bee french @phikip janssen that Josie was always trying to kill you off

• Haha
Reactions: 23

bee french So happy to see Philip eating . Was worried he wasn’t eating when Josie was there
Don’t you dare even say Josie’s name, poseur Bee French. Josie is doing the lord’s work!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Yeah, we (or me, American) were taught a lesson on British humour/humor with Dan and Annalise. I just figured Steph and her mom were teasing back and forth. Isabelle didn't sound upset to me. But, I know, I know, Dan's groupies are going to tell me it is totally different 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Ok was watching Stephanoligy stuff her face with all those nuts 🌰

And I thought …. If yer lover was soooooo allergic to nuts .. fatal like
image.jpg

Ye wouldn’t be kissing 😽 of an evening … after you had a lorry load of nutty cake 🧁
image.jpg

But you’d have to be true lovers - with genuine warmth and affection for each other - certainly not to cause harm !

Wouldn’t you ??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Wrong kind of brunede kartofler [browned potatoes ~ caramelised potatoes]
Forkerte Brunede Kartofler.png

Right kind of brunede kartofler
brunede-kartofler-_meyersjul_1923.jpg

Sabine you get a B- because the rest looked okay, but you know in your Danish heart, that those Brunede Kartofler were not caramelised enough.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I’ve just watched tonight’s offering… actually enjoyed it much more than recent episodes. Possibly due to: less posing and posturing; less manic laughter; lack of snorting, even though BJJ appears in it; nobody dressed up to the nines to sit around in the kitchen. And most of all - no Patheterick!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Ok was watching Stephanoligy stuff her face with all those nuts 🌰

And I thought …. If yer lover was soooooo allergic to nuts .. fatal like
View attachment 913211
Ye wouldn’t be kissing 😽 of an evening … after you had a lorry load of nutty cake 🧁
View attachment 913214
But you’d have to be true lovers - with genuine warmth and affection for each other - certainly not to cause harm !

Wouldn’t you ??
Didn't they hear about the peanut butter kiss? A girl DIED from kissing her boyfriend after he ate a pb&j ! Well.... maybe she just doesn't care. Maybe that's how she's going to get rude of him🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 12
According to tonight's Flog, Phi Phi can eat Oreos but not citrus rind ?? I think it's is wild that SJ does eat heaps of nuts and the nuts are everywhere in that kitchen and that doesn't bother Phiphi

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.