The Chateau Diaries #91 It's really time for a revolution and most of all for guillotines

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There seems to be a lot of new Tartlets! Welcome, everyone! There is an unofficial Tartlet Tradition of explaining what it was that drove you here. It's a great way to introduce yourselves. Feel free to share your stories (if you are so inclined) and again, welcome!
As a new Tartlet, I just now registered as a result of this post, after having lurked for a few days. I was driven here by an obsessive urge to locate the mythical "hate site" often referred to by many of the regular CD live chatters. Surely this site cannot be it, as I have found only truth and joyfulness here on this site.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
If she ventures outside the village she'll find plenty to do. She seems reluctant to explore the local area beyond Haworth.
Lots going on Halifax, Hebden Bridge etc Come out of your little cave Marie and meet people! There's a Torchlight procession too that weekend. Flaming torches up the main street and carols in the church.
write notes marie.... vlog content...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Thank you, you are correct. Why have just one. It is the Petherick way. Now, I have another question. If Billy purchased this vehicle for Teabag why did he and then boyfriend/fiancé, Andrew Rengifo, need to rent an electric vehicle??? :unsure: @00:24, what did Billy need to get out of the SL350 that he is clearly using. Billy is having a difficult time with his story/lie.

probably andrew wasnt insured to drive billys vehicle...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So I usually just lurk the Jack Monroe threads on here…

But back in October I was sat on a flight next to someone who, thanks to the strange man fangirling next to her for the entire flight, was apparently some kind of France chateaux renovation celebrity. I heard enough of their conversation (as did the entire flight) to Google and find her on YouTube. Made a few jokes after to my close family, forgot about it. Now I realise that as well as YouTube famous she is in fact Tattle famous!
Ooh we NEED more details please @user373738 !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Ooh we NEED more details please @user373738 !
OK, so, I really don’t know much about this person, who I now know is called Stephanie! I’ve dipped in and out of some of these threads and did initially have a look at some of the ridiculously long videos but struggled to keep up with the long cast list.

This was Ryanair out of Limoges. I had my nearly two year old on my knee and we were at the front in the extra legroom seats, me at the window, Stephanie in the middle, fangirling man to the left of her. Like me, Stephanie waited until the last minute to board (because bloody Ryanair try and get you to queue before the plane is even on the ground, no thank you), her and fangirling man were both sat before I got on, neither looked particularly impressed to be sharing the premium row with a toddler (I wasn’t either to be fair, but as his mother I didn’t have too much choice), fangirling man was actually quite sweet and helped me with my bags. No real effort to let me past, thanks Stephanie, but you do you.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
As for the gift grab it just pisses me off - the long-winded letters and boxes mostly filled with crap - not to mention the carbon footprint and money spent to send that tit overseas to France. I didn’t like Cadeaux from the start and now I despise it, and the charity slant doesn’t help.
Rant over!
Personally, Cadeaux comes across to me as an infomercial where gifts are sent more in the spirit of self promotion and advertisement, rather than as acts of love. Even many of the live chatters during the Premiers just seem to be there to bring attention to themselves, their YouTubes, or their arts and crafts store etc etc. I could be wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
OK, so, I really don’t know much about this person, who I now know is called Stephanie! I’ve dipped in and out of some of these threads and did initially have a look at some of the ridiculously long videos but struggled to keep up with the long cast list.

This was Ryanair out of Limoges. I had my nearly two year old on my knee and we were at the front in the extra legroom seats, me at the window, Stephanie in the middle, fangirling man to the left of her. Like me, Stephanie waited until the last minute to board (because bloody Ryanair try and get you to queue before the plane is even on the ground, no thank you), her and fangirling man were both sat before I got on, neither looked particularly impressed to be sharing the premium row with a toddler (I wasn’t either to be fair, but as his mother I didn’t have too much choice), fangirling man was actually quite sweet and helped me with my bags. No real effort to let me past, thanks Stephanie, but you do you.
Wonder who fangirling man was? Could it be Gerry, Dan or Phyllis?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If SJ’s plans are realized and the pool project goes ahead. Can you imagine what it will look like in short order. Since pools require a lot of maintenance all I see is a murky cesspool.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
There is a glorious Youtube channel called Quintessence run by Susanna Salk where she features various designers homes. The decor is sometimes outrageous -- but trendy, chic and very luxurious. Not to mention there is nothing unfinished -- or stained!! I sometimes rush to Quintessence after watching CD to cleanse my palate! The videos aren't long and there is a subsection where these famous designers show their favourite ways to set tables. The difference is this series is graduate school when compared to Philip's nursery school attempts to set a table.
I love, love ,love quintessence it is so enlightening and entertaining! And definitely no snorting….

Reactions: 10
Stephanie dressed a bit OTT for flying, tres glam, lots of gold jewellery, stiletto heels (do they still remind you to remove stiletto heels in the safety video before going down the emergency slide?) Fangirling man also helped Stephanie with bag as not allowed under extra legroom seats. Used this as catalyst to introduce himself as a fan. They basically talked the entire 1hr15ish flight. He was talking about living in France himself and his big plans to set up a florist. She was politely enthusiastic but blatantly uninterested. He ended up giving her his number. It wasn’t creepy/flirty to be fair, he was talking about his wife blah blah. To be honest; two year old kept me from being able to pay that much attention. Very clear Stephanie was unimpressed about being next to a toddler. I was initially politely apologetic but when she was throwing my child daggers I didn’t persist in this. He wasn’t doing anything, just occasionally touching her legs in the limited space. Peppa Pig was doing most of the parenting for me. The main thing that annoyed me was when I had to get up to change little one (which was twice as I’d left something I needed on the seat), neither of them made any effort at all to let me through and carrying a child made this really quite difficult. In fact, when I came back from changing him, the woman behind offered to swap seats with me as she saw that they weren’t being at all helpful and she was at the end on a row to herself! Anyway; flight was over, normal service resumed.

TL; DR - Stephanie hates kids, wore stilettos on Ryanair flight, loved fangirling attention from middle aged man.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
The wood figures left at the gate of Begmania kind of resemble the Caga Tio (pooping log). Kind of a coincidence that the CD advent vlog talked about the Caganer (pooping peasant), and then these figures show up at Begmania…😆

BC98F81C-E377-404B-ACA4-4B9D69B6A2AC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
we help these people so much. where's my cut? 😅
We should be their agents, with appropriate fees, 😂. I wonder if Marie still reads here? She had a rough ride from the site when she was at Lalande, especially because of the van begging. It feels as if some of us are willing for her to do well now though. It might be good for her to read here. I always felt she was lost at Lalande which was not the right environment at all.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Thank you @user373738 for more info and confirming what SJ is really like ( not that we needed confirmation but good to hear from someone who didn’t know who she is )

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Trollda, post: 7338987
Personally, Cadeaux comes across to me as an infomercial where gifts are sent more in the spirit of self promotion and advertisement, rather than as acts of love. Even many of the live chatters during the Premiers just seem to be there to bring attention to themselves, their YouTubes, or their arts and crafts store etc etc. I could be wrong.
Not wrong I once watched and that one that weirdly contorts his face and is a complete moron Ryan, was on the live chat he tried bringing to attention asking several times did you get my gift I believe MKP was there at the time they ignored him so he goes all out to call during a live and ask the same question are all these relationship transactional and superficial I wonder sometimes with She who shouts from balcony.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes, a lot of them enclose their business cards. The rest are having a clearout of their attics, possibly down sizing, and don't want to carry the guilt about throwing Granny's candlesticks out or dumping in a charity shop. I'm sure Stephanie keeps Emmaus supplied with stock, and the amount of landfill doesn't bear thinking about

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.