The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking about electrics, we are at present in a rented apartment on holiday in Cornwall, but the main lights have tripped. We sent a message to the owner who apparently lives in France. He just replied "the lights have tripped", no mention of where we could find the fusebox which we suspect is in a locked box. Ah well! We have torches, the heating works, all the rest of the electrics work, and we have a beautiful old smugglers inn round the corner. 🌃🌚🌙🍺😂
Sounds quite romantic... I wouldn't mind it of I'm not freezing my rear end :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So Dan is planning a roadtrip with Amaury...to pick up the new radiators and heater in the UK ??
Possibly. specially when he mentioned he may not be allowed to use the drone for legal reasons, made me think he is going outside of France and he is only licensed in France to use his drone (which I have to say, produces breathtaking picture quality!)

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Do they really expect her to live and work in that space? Could she not have a heated office within the chateau itself?
She once said she'd still work in the main house but I don't think SJ wants that. There's absolutely no room for a work station in that "gite", she'd have to work in the kitchen. They can hardly stuff a wardrobe, bed and bath in, either! It will be very interesting to see how that works out!

Reactions: 12
She once said she'd still work in the main house but I don't think SJ wants that. There's absolutely no room for a work station in that "gite", she'd have to work in the kitchen. They can hardly stuff a wardrobe, bed and bath in, either! It will be very interesting to see how that works out!
They actually talked about the fact that there is no room for her to put a desk.. and then snorts said "there's a dining table"!!!!!
So, he gets a whole office to edit one video per week.. and Natti gets a dining table to run the whole BnB business... 🤬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Seeing the state of the heating....i would not trust the state of the electricity...especially when you have electrical heaters all over the place...

same here...my sis had a ‘friend’ re-wire her house. the walls caught fire because of the non professional ‘approach‘ to the job.
she was lucky she was sitting in the room at the time, as the flames started to emerge from the sockets.
she never listens...cheap too...

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Its interesting trying to shower in the dark 🚿🤣
it’s actually not that complicated. Strategically placed candles in the bathroom, one of them scented. The shower gel slowly applying on your body, and a shower sponge brings the tingles I do so desperately need.

works better with at least one partner..

So Dan is planning a roadtrip with Amaury...to pick up the new radiators and heater in the UK ??
Dan and his bromance are planning a roadtrip. We don’t need to ask why… just enjoy the content

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Hhm, that's something I wonder about Kirsty.
When I'm working in my house and garden, I always tie my hair and my hair is only chin-length.
I don't know why this fashion these days to have such long hair that's allowed to get into everything. Most impractical.
Covid has inflicted long hair on me and I HATE IT! It's never suited me and it's so distracting, always having to flick it out of the way or re-adjust fixings. People tell me it looks lovely, but not to me so I mostly chignon or bun it.
(Oh dear Lord. I look in the mirror...I HAVE become my mother.....😬 )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
it’s actually not that complicated. Strategically placed candles in the bathroom, one of them scented. The shower gel slowly applying on your body, and a shower sponge brings the tingles I do so desperately need.

works better with at least one partner..
Can the candles be crooked?

F43C5A91-961C-43F4-BB7A-DD70B007A39D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
The more is revealed about the restorations at the shatto (or lack thereof) the more I give myself a mental high five for never paying a dime to her shattolanship.... What do these Patrons think?!

Also, this is today's numbers for her Patreon...

View attachment 798846

And this is the screenshot I took last Friday...

View attachment 798848

So in a week she has more cash but fewer patrons 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
In England many people's ancestors took their original surnames from the place at which they worked ( as agricultural labourers or servants in the big house).
Thus Joe Downton's ancestors might have worked for the family at Downton Abbey 500 years ago. Or they lived in Downton village nearby.

Is that how some French surnames evolved too? That is, were David Lalande's ancestors Lalande villagers, workers at a Chateau Lalande or were they the Lords?
Families names in France come mainly from the place where the ancestors came from (region, specific places like hedges or trees for abandonned kids) medieval first names etc and/or the work / occupation they had (farmers, soldiers, craftmen etc etc)
Not from their lords' estate name.

"Lande" means : poor land, moors, acid soil where nothing good can grow (only heathers, broom, gorse, etc etc).

There are many families in France with names coming from "lande" : Deslandes, Lalande, Delalande, Landais etc etc. It's a very common name (nothing aristocratic with it).

The name of chateau de la Lande comes from the stream La Lande which runs nearby (Google maps).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Basically, I love all the things.
Doesn't that phrase just about sum up all the idiot chateau fans? How can you be an intelligent, thoughtful adult if you have no ability to discriminate between what is beautiful and what is ugly; between what is good and what is bad; between what is lovely and what is not? Basically, I personally do not love all the things and I hope I would question my sanity if I did start to do that! SJ would like everyone to think that she "basically loves all the things" too, but even though she hasn't got very well developed powers of discrimination in that her taste in men and "things" is often questionable, she really does not love everything! Actually, that quote might make a good thread title!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m a little late on this one but the queen of wearing the same outfit all the time calling Dan out for being in the same jeans and sweater is ridiculous.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.