The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not two women who set out to target complete strangers for a relationship? 🤔
It happens but why Megan? All I've seen is Tatyana in an environment with over hyped SJ worshippers. She is reserved and we are yet to see any game plan she has. I'd give her time before labeling her. It's not like she snagged a prince.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Thank you @Jeeves ❤ for your help. Summer and David Lalande have checked in at Lalande.

View attachment 798482
summerlalande
I think we’re gonna like it here. 🥰 @chateaudelalande #chateauxhopping #france #roadtrip
7h

View attachment 798479
Hi, I’m Summer

Yes, Summer is my given name. I love the summertime, but I really love Autumn best.

I love creating beautiful portraits.

I love spending as much time as possible on my yoga mat & in quiet meditation.

I love my husband & our cats.

I love bubbly water & champagne.

I love telling stories & exploring history.

Basically, I love all the things. Seven years ago, I left my career as a marketing director in the beauty industry to start my portrait photography business. It wasn’t a decision I made on a whim. I had actually been quite sick for some time with various chronic ailments and I was hopeful that a career change would improve my stress levels. You have no idea how stressful naming lipsticks for a billion dollar brand actually is, the struggle is real my friends. Fortunately, my hopes were fulfilled. I have loved every minute of creating my business and am excited to work toward its continued evolution as I incorporate my loves of writing and yoga (including my upcoming teacher accreditation) into my offerings. Thank you for stopping by, and please do take a look around and come back often for updates.

Travel Dates
I am based in NYC. Pre-pandemic I traveled frequently for sessions, especially to Southern California and Boston. Obviously, I haven’t been able to travel for a while, but I am hoping that can change soon. I miss your faces!
I currently have no upcoming travel sessions planned. Make sure to sign up for my newsletter below to receive updates.
Oh boy. Sounds like another nutty American. I am embarrassed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes, you can click on the about page for youtubers and it shows their view numbers, she is over 40 million and rising. That's got to pay pretty well.
I seem to remember Editing Stephanie saying (from her officebed) that she received £6.00 per so many views - per 100/per 1000? Does anyone know?

Whatever the ratio, at 40million views that's a heap of dosh!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I seem to remember Editing Stephanie saying (from her officebed) that she received £6.00 per so many views - per 100/per 1000? Does anyone know?

Whatever the ratio, at 40million views that's a heap of dosh!
It's not as easily calculated... and it depends a lot on the viewer behaviour.
here is a blurb from Google that explains it:

So you receive 55% of every dollar paid by advertisers) The estimated earnings that the average YouTube creator could expect to receive from ads on a new video on their channel if EVERYBODY watched the ad on their video and the advertiser paid the average $7.60 CPM is 55% x $7.60, equaling $4.18 per 1,000 views.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It was actually the first thing that came to mind when I read that post. Why would anyone compare the two? The only thing they have in common is they are mixed race.
I understood the comment as relating to someone with a hidden agenda. The criteria of colour did not make its way to my brain at all, and I don't see what colour has to do with someone being shifty?🙁 I don't see colour, I only listen to a person's soul. It is true that she stands out by being very calm and reserved, compared to the crazy household she's chosen to mingle with.
Dressing up in medieval clothes on a daily basis is somewhat particular for a woman of her age. But I will admit that she is no more particular than SJ and her hysterical/disorganised/theatrical behaviour.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It was actually the first thing that came to mind when I read that post. Why would anyone compare the two? The only thing they have in common is they are mixed race.
Unfortunately, Mrs Meghan Windsor has become the current icon for a class of self-centred women of every heritage who cause havoc with the families they marry into and scheme to get their own coffers filled off the back of their husband's position etc.
Just as Wallace Simpson was the same icon of her day.

I think 'race' is irrelevant in this context, it didn't occur to me - I just thought character! I've heard people of a number of heritages use the example of this latest Mrs Windsor to describe what's going in their own families due to the arrival of the same sort of scheming self-centred, acquisitive social climber in their midst.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
It happens but why Megan? All I've seen is Tatyana in an environment with over hyped SJ worshippers. She is reserved and we are yet to see any game plan she has. I'd give her time before labeling her. It's not like she snagged a prince.
I guess that you always will find racism if you look hard enough for it. The danger is when you see racism where none is intended.
She certainly hasn't snagged a prince but she has snagged the mysterious stranger that she set out a few years ago to find. Time will tell. My reaction to her is from what I have seen and from her actions to date and her colour has no bearing on this.
We see comments about stand-offish UK expats here and "nutty Americans and "lazy French".." Let's call it xenophobia and see if people will be as quick to defend those comments? Somehow I doubt it.
We've has a comment this evening falsely attributing Nati's possible reluctance to light a fire to "Latino laziness." Is there an agenda here?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I wonder if the electrics are safe! Too many electric heaters could short circuit the whole system.
Well if there happens to be a fire the automatic sprinkler system AKA the central heating system will put it out in no time

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I like Josie. And I want that cake!
And I want to sneak some into Snorts big wishy -washy mouth and see what happens!

Yes and she basically thanked the Patreon money for paying for the expensive but much needed new boiler and radiator replacement. I don't consider that "restoration", but the Patreons are too stupid to care I guess on where their money is spent.
It is just ridiculous that NOTHING is getting finished. Nothing!
Oh so do I!! Just to see the extent of the allergies! Didn't he break his diet in Barbados and go for something he usually forbids himself? Was he ill after? We didn't hear about it if so!

Yep, it's deffo replacement not restoration!
I share your 🤬 at the lack of completion all over that house. Excepting anything to do with Steffie's own immediate entertainment and/or comfort of course.

Reactions: 10
Oh so do I!! Just to see the extent of the allergies! Didn't he break his diet in Barbados and go for something he usually forbids himself? Was he ill after? We didn't hear about it if so!

Yep, it's deffo replacement not restoration!
I share your 🤬 at the lack of completion all over that house. Excepting anything to do with Steffie's own immediate entertainment and/or comfort of course.
The more is revealed about the restorations at the shatto (or lack thereof) the more I give myself a mental high five for never paying a dime to her shattolanship.... What do these Patrons think?!

Also, this is today's numbers for her Patreon...

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 10.55.15.jpg

And this is the screenshot I took last Friday...

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 13.28.06.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
DTM is having a podcast chit chat vlog tomorrow featuring Amaury... I'm actually kinda excited!

I have to say, at this point, I personally don't care much about anything about shatto shown on his vlogs.. I much prefer when he goes about doing his own thing. whenever he's at home I find his vlogs way more interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I understood the comment as relating to someone with a hidden agenda. The criteria of colour did not make its way to my brain at all, and I don't see what colour has to do with someone being shifty?🙁 I don't see colour, I only listen to a person's soul. It is true that she stands out by being very calm and reserved, compared to the crazy household she's chosen to mingle with.
Dressing up in medieval clothes on a daily basis is somewhat particular for a woman of her age. But I will admit that she is no more particular than SJ and her hysterical/disorganised/theatrical behaviour.
And what’s with those boots? Does she not have shoes in one of those trunks?😉

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I find it really interesting how content creators are figuring out how to earn a living these days. Christene McConnell only has 8.2 mil views on youtube but 13,552 patreons. She has to be making bank from patreon. Garden Answer has 270m views on youtube, no patreon but big sponsors. Also active facebook pages, I think some creators are making a lot from that (Arms Family). SV Delos has a buy me a beer which is probably a good amount. People really seem to want to be their friends, lol. Also active Instagram pages. Anyway, that was totally off topic but I find this new way of earning a living really fascinating.
Yes, so do I.
I imagine there was a big hullabaloo when people started earning from their TV appearances too. Not quite proper! Not a proper job so why should they get paid for it? As it people were expected to give their time and talents for nothing!

I just remembered as well that for the first decade or more of my life our parents wouldn't let us watch the television channel that broadcast advertising. It was thought of as common and not proper entertainment.

Seems to me a bit of the same sort of readjustment to a new entertainment/information medium is going on nowadays. I just wish we had more than one 'station' - I don't like the way YT has become a monopoly.

Reactions: 6
Talking about electrics, we are at present in a rented apartment on holiday in Cornwall, but the main lights have tripped. We sent a message to the owner who apparently lives in France. He just replied "the lights have tripped", no mention of where we could find the fusebox which we suspect is in a locked box. Ah well! We have torches, the heating works, all the rest of the electrics work, and we have a beautiful old smugglers inn round the corner. 🌃🌚🌙🍺😂

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.