The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I currently have no upcoming travel sessions planned. Make sure to sign up for my newsletter below to receive updates.
She;s using LL to promote her business. No doubt she'll take a portrait photo of the cult leader. Before that, her job was naming lipsticks, so that just about sums up Summer and tells us all we need to know, a lipstick namer who loves all things, just what they need at LL!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
On another note, Celeste arrives today. 🍿
[/QUOTE]
dun dun duuuuun!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Anyone planing to do a days work binds his hairs together first thing in the morning.
Laura from Garden Answer gets that remark all the time. She gardens with her longish hair perfectly styled and down. She has to be so tired of that comment, vlog after vlog.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She once said she'd still work in the main house but I don't think SJ wants that. There's absolutely no room for a work station in that "gite", she'd have to work in the kitchen. They can hardly stuff a wardrobe, bed and bath in, either! It will be very interesting to see how that works out!
i think they should have put the attic also in to make one appartment, and moved Gerries appartment somewhere else...a bedsit..omg what a waste of time...and money..and that difference in height...There was a reason why they in the past made this space into a stable..Better was to leave the normal floor in..and forget about that idea of excess to the other side of the building....there is nothing to do or see..just a chapel and an empty lake...

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It is interesting no one at the Shitoo is investigating it (which is probably caused by fungus, parasites, lack of water, or all three.) I never see any of these clowns actually testing the soil- "just plant more sh!t!" Oh vey, it is so hard to take you seriously, dear Beau Monde, when you have an avatar that screams, "Help... Me... Escape..."!
"Lande" means : poor land, moors, acid soil where nothing good can grow (only heathers, broom, gorse, etc etc).
@LaFrancaise123 and @T Rex , Dan is listening. 😂 @1:05 in today's flog.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
You know, there’s a reason why these large houses and properties required scores of servants and expense to keep them up. My first house was a small 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom bungalow built in 1941, about 950 sq. ft. The kitchen had 7 feet of countertop space! I renovated it from top to bottom and loved that house. So small and easy to care for. Then I moved to my current home, a much larger house, 3,500 sq ft., and renovated it. I love my current house, too, but there’s many times I really miss my first little house. It was definitely a lot simpler to clean and maintain…there’s truth to the phrase “live simply.”

'Tis the gift to be simple, ’tis the gift to be free - Simple Gifts, Shaker Song, Joseph Brackett, 1848
Live simply, so that others may simply live.
I so agree. I'm seriously thinking of downsizing again now. Covid saw off all my help. 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@LaFrancaise123 and @T Rex , Dan is listening. 😂 @1:05 in today's flog.

this year the water wasnt a problem ..it rained all summer...it would be interesting to see how it would look like with a summer like last year...that space has been a driveway for centuries..you just cannot put some soil up, and plant and think it will grow....madness..Dan says he has to check the soil....no..you had to put at least one meter out...put new soil and compost in and then check...if it needs more from this or that...But Dan is not the Man....on gardening...in my humble opinion...

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Talking about electrics, we are at present in a rented apartment on holiday in Cornwall, but the main lights have tripped. We sent a message to the owner who apparently lives in France. He just replied "the lights have tripped", no mention of where we could find the fusebox which we suspect is in a locked box. Ah well! We have torches, the heating works, all the rest of the electrics work, and we have a beautiful old smugglers inn round the corner. 🌃🌚🌙🍺😂
Penzance, Newlyn, Mousehole, St, Ives? 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 1
and moved Gerries appartment somewhere else
Gerry has been quite ill and recently fell over and injured a leg. He's around 60 now so I wonder anyway how long he will be able to climb all the necessary stairs to get to his apartment, they should have tried to give him something on the ground floor. Even IJ and Percy have to climb loads of stairs, don't suppose they will be able to do that forever. Does Steph consider other people's needs?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Families names in France come mainly from the place where the ancestors came from (region, specific places like hedges or trees for abandonned kids) medieval first names etc and/or the work / occupation they had (farmers, soldiers, craftmen etc etc)
Not from their lords' estate name.

"Lande" means : poor land, moors, acid soil where nothing good can grow (only heathers, broom, gorse, etc etc).

There are many families in France with names coming from "lande" : Deslandes, Lalande, Delalande, Landais etc etc. It's a very common name (nothing aristocratic with it).

The name of chateau de la Lande comes from the stream La Lande which runs nearby (Google maps).
Thank you very much (y) Very interesting to me as a family historian. So, much like the UK. Only last week I unearthed some ancestors whose French family name became Anglicised over the mists of time.

'Lande' then is rather like English 'Moore' /Scottish 'Muir' - a generic place name. Not such an auspicious or grand name for a chateau perhaps?

Reactions: 8
'Lande' then is rather like English 'Moore' /Scottish 'Muir' - a generic place name. Not such an auspicious or grand name for a chateau perhaps?
LL is The Landing place for allsorts. There, that's just been Anglicised!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The Chateau Diaries
The Chateau Diaries

4 minutes ago
Hello lovely people! Tonight’s video is still stuck uploading. We’re hoping to have it out by 21:30 (French time) so 15 minutes later than usual. See you in the premiere! Steph x
I watch A LOT of YouTube. In fact YT and Netflix are the only platforms I ever watch... and none of the creators I follow on YT do a premiere for every video! In fact I think before SJ I had seen a handful of premieres for special videos only... Gotta milk those super chats... :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Speaking of heating systems, we thought Chateau de Beau Monde was going to need a new heating system to the tune of $12,000. But we got another estimate today and the serviceman said our furnace was perfectly OK, just had a wonky connection, which he fixed. What a relief.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
She;s using LL to promote her business. No doubt she'll take a portrait photo of the cult leader. Before that, her job was naming lipsticks, so that just about sums up Summer and tells us all we need to know, a lipstick namer who loves all things, just what they need at LL!
Oh! That's just what I thought! Especially when she exhorts us to believe her that lipstick naming is a really really hard and stressful job :poop:

Perhaps a month as a nurse's aid in an ICU might disabuse her of that moronic perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Making plans for Natita's apartment, I see! Did this incompetent Support Squirrel just become Lalande's new interior designer?
Pontificating Philipicating the design of someone else's apartment looks just so pretentious! UGH! :sick:

cd106.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.