The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it really interesting how content creators are figuring out how to earn a living these days. Christene McConnell only has 8.2 mil views on youtube but 13,552 patreons. She has to be making bank from patreon. Garden Answer has 270m views on youtube, no patreon but big sponsors. Also active facebook pages, I think some creators are making a lot from that (Arms Family). SV Delos has a buy me a beer which is probably a good amount. People really seem to want to be their friends, lol. Also active Instagram pages. Anyway, that was totally off topic but I find this new way of earning a living really fascinating.
Christine McConnell is another greedy one I was so excited when I found her YouTube channel, but after I watched all content available it was five months before she just released a new video for general consumption. She only makes content for her patreons. I also unsubscribed from chateaux Montmager for the same reason. It’s not enough to get money for views and ads they are a greedy bunch

Reactions: 12
Has anybody understood what Christies is doing with the famous vignettes? They are not shown on the website, or have I just not clicked around enough?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Christine McConnell is another greedy one I was so excited when I found her YouTube channel, but after I watched all content available it was five months before she just released a new video for general consumption. She only makes content for her patreons. I also unsubscribed from chateaux Montmager for the same reason. It’s not enough to get money for views and ads they are a greedy bunch
If you produce a high quality product, you are very well entitled to charge a premium to sell it. This isn't called greed, it's called good business and there is nothing shady about selling what you used time, energy and resources to create.
She has no obligation to put free videos on YT when there are literally thousands of people who would happily pay to get the content she creates.

The issue we have with likes of SJ and MPK is that they charge the premium and they sell :poop: and on top of that, they don't use the funds for what they said they would (and are legally obligated to do so)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Thank you very much (y) Very interesting to me as a family historian. So, much like the UK. Only last week I unearthed some ancestors whose French family name became Anglicised over the mists of time.

'Lande' then is rather like English 'Moore' /Scottish 'Muir' - a generic place name. Not such an auspicious or grand name for a chateau perhaps?
Do you think Steph was maybe concerned that her patrons would be none too pleased to hear she was building two gites to increase her rental income - but would not object to her providing accommodation for her dearest brother and her B&B manager? Then, when she finds that Nati is never in her apartment because she likes to eat with everyone in the house, and Gerry cannot make the stairs, that she will rent those out and Nati will have a nice bedroom in the house and Gerry will have a new ground floor apartment? And the ridiculous on two level ground floor apartment will not be suitable for Gerry because it is on two levels deliberately so that it will not be suitable for him? She has it all sussed. Just like she has a scheme of work that sees the fukard done last to keep her patrons with her for as long as possible?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Sorry...I can't get over this...It's hard to believe BJJ didn't even catch that stupid mistake.:LOL::m
King Gustav's page is taller than the Statue of freaking Liberty! I know Swedes are tall but....
cd107.png
heights2.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Gerry has been quite ill and recently fell over and injured a leg. He's around 60 now so I wonder anyway how long he will be able to climb all the necessary stairs to get to his apartment, they should have tried to give him something on the ground floor. Even IJ and Percy have to climb loads of stairs, don't suppose they will be able to do that forever. Does Steph consider other people's needs?
Are you saying 60 is old? 😅

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Making plans for Natita's apartment, I see! Did this incompetent Support Squirrel just become Lalande's new interior designer?
Pontificating Philipicating the design of someone else's apartment looks just so pretentious! UGH! :sick:

View attachment 799172
I am getting claustrophobic & suffocating just by seeing all that insulation, walls, tiny windows, poor natural light. I am sure Noodle is not looking forward to ending up in there. Some kind of punishment.

Reactions: 14
Penzance. We've been to Mousehole, and St Ives and we went to look at the Merry Maidens and Boscawenun stone circles today. Going to the Lizard tomorrow
Have you been tp Clovelly? So quaint but you need to be fit - no cars allowed in the village. They transport their supplies up and down in sleds!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Todays video was hard to watch, and since when is Phyllice wearing her hair up? why? I wonder?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Someone in here - and I forget who it was - once informed me that they were looking for châteaux in "local immobiliers"... . ;) 🤣 Out of politeness, I didn't correct the person and I didn't want to cause any embarrassment, but I was rather surprised to say the least ... . I mean, what sort of person embarks on such a venture - looking for property abroad - without having even a basic knowledge of the language? Seems very odd to me ... . We often criticize SJ and the Pethericks for their ignorance and lack of linguistic ability mais il y en a des ignorants sur ce forum, des gens qui s'amusent à rabaisser et à critiquer les autres alors qui'ls sont eux-mêmes des ignorants ... Ils feraient mieux d'apprendre la langue française plutôt que de passer leur temps ici ...

Talking of châteaux, I've found a wonderful property (which once belonged to one of Napoleon's generals) in the south of France that I'm seriously thinking of buying - an eighteenth-century château with outbuildings, a maison de guardien, and 100 hectares of land near Nice, with breathtaking views of the Mediterranean ...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Seems like the fate of the missing pea chick has been solved:
Peachick.png

Lonely pea chick with a lonely asparagus, and Phyllis' blue garlic soup to cleanse the palette.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.