The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An interior designer friend of mine once told me “When (a designer is) decorating, always make sure to have one ‘mistake’ in the room…otherwise, the room will look like it’s been ‘done’ (by a professional)”. Maybe SJ just included a lot of “mistakes” and can’t decide which one to keep?! 😆

View attachment 797408
Or maybe she just made a lot of mistakes and didn't really give a tit about them.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
hmmm...dan should be careful who he confides in...blood is...as they say...thicker than water.
...be aware the honey traps...many a man has been convicted with only innuendo.
...SJ gave you a warning...heed it...
...when you have the most to lose...observe everyone and act accordingly...
...build up your own position...have an end game...and get out...
...SJ is not your friend...
Share this ...great advice. Thank you silvergirl!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Don't tell me off. Just felt like I shoud share this fabuolus song to you all. Play as loud as you can :

Night all 😘 see you tumorro😁

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh, it's ON baby!!!!!:m:m:m:m:m:m:m

Maybe a collaboration???
Hurry back toiling...we need to get this party planned!!!...My first idea...after someone posted about Ren Faires maybe we should all dress as woodland fairies, elves and/or trolls...(see what I did there?...trolls...that's what THEY call us!!!...LOL...well, I thought it was funny!)

My second thought was dressing in 1920's style...Love those dresses and jewels and handsome men in dapper suites....Love art deco, too....

Anyway, party in the VIP lounge...EVERYONE IS INVITED!!!...this Friday...IF toiling is back by then...if not then the Friday after....Gosh, I hope she's alright....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Good question! I thought just the same. And I'm in northern climes where we avoid such idiotic ideas if at all possible.
But, have you noticed, they never close the curtains in winter...

This is yet another example of why they need a professional survey of the heap. The resulting Energy Performance Certificate and report would be very revealing and a great help to the heating engineers.
Yes we have double glazing and heavy drapes, I also put heavy drapes that can cover front door and use draft snakes to block cold air getting in around windows and doors. Shutting off areas that aren’t used is a good idea. Luckily I’m only heating a regular 3 bed house in Canada with a new gas furnace not a drafty chateaux

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was a little confused at first, too. Normally, yes, the radiator is placed beneath the window to warm the cold air drafts. But, in this case, that would place the radiator behind the curtain…which is weird and wouldn’t do much good. Then I realized…that curtain is just for show. It’s probably not intended to ever actually close. You’re correct, though…it would make sense to install heavy, functional curtains that could close and keep out the cold. In that case, I would relocate the radiator to somewhere else in the room. I would think that installing functional thermal curtains would make heating that place a lot less expensive. This is why they need an expert heating technician…it’s NOT a “do-it-yourself” project!

On a side note, I once lived in an apartment that was built in the 1920’s and it had the old radiators (steam heat). It was the BEST! I actually liked it much better than the forced air heating system I have now…I guess everyone has their own preference!
I still have the old steam heat system and put the drapes behind the radiators. I'm so much the opposite of lala that I almost never open my drapes.

Also, are you going to change your avatar soon? That face is stomach turning.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Finally, finally caught up! Was difficult to get through all of SSB’s latest, every element seems stifled and fake.
I hope they don’t get the dreaded lily beetle. Another Albertan here… those damn beetles have decimated my lilies the past few years.
I thought it funny when Builder Ian said “oh, again” after SJ said she was feeding eggs to the peacocks. She probably did it just b4 and forgot to film it, so threw that in. Those that have known her longer must think she has gone mad.
Does she always refer to Diesel as “the dog” when not speaking to Selmar😒?!
Watched some of the gift grab… hilarious that BJJ took socks knowing they are too small. They will be part of his stuffing collection I suppose.
Selmar likes body cream, especially whipped. ⛓🧴
Thanks for all the great entertaining and insightful
posts!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Isabelle...what could go wrong indeed!!!

So Stephanie has 17 cousins! I wonder why we've only ever seen Amaury?

Oh, Tony, you cheeky devil!!!...LOL...That was indeed a witch slap!!!
From her grandma's obit it looks like 9 cousins on Mummy's side of things.

Eric
(Stephanie)
Christopher
Jonathan (I believe this is Amaury's brother)
Jean-Robert
Marie-Laure
Amaury
Elisa
Matthieu
Charlotte

Attachments

Reactions: 10
I still have the old steam heat system and put the drapes behind the radiators. I'm so much the opposite of lala that I almost never open my drapes.

Also, are you going to change your avatar soon? That face is stomach turning.
😆 I thought everyone would keep their “favorite” avatar through Halloween…but I certainly don’t want to cause anyone digestive distress! Or, worse…irritable bowels!! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Eric
(Stephanie)
Christopher
Jean-Robert
Marie-Laure
Amaury
Elisa
Matthieu
Charlotte
also Clement?

makes 11 in total... 2 are missing,... or disowned? :unsure:

😆 I thought everyone would keep their “favorite” avatar through Halloween…but I certainly don’t want to cause anyone digestive distress! Or, worse…irritable bowels!! 😆
the image is distressing my digestive system for sure!

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Eric
(Stephanie)
Christopher
Jean-Robert
Marie-Laure
Amaury
Elisa
Matthieu
Charlotte
I knew she had more cousins than Amaury but was wondering why none of the other cousins have been seen at the chateau. I guess I shouldn't wonder...I have SCADS of cousins and have zero communications with any of them...not because I hate them or even dislike some of them (actually I dislike most of them!)

Reactions: 6
also Clement?

makes 11 in total... 2 are missing,... or disowned? :unsure:

the image is distressing my digestive system for sure!
right, Clement!

so 10 cousins on mummy's side
that means there are 7 on daddy's side, ... time for more research!

Reactions: 6
right, Clement!

so 10 cousins on mummy's side
that means there are 7 on daddy's side, ... time for more research!
Oh I thought she said she has 12 cousins... was it 17?
It's end of the day, my brain has done its fair share of work! 🥴🥴🥴

Reactions: 2
I can’t decide if this snap of MOLD is of him stifling a burp (he’s always doing this!!) or if it’s just a general shifty gaze.

I knew she had more cousins than Amaury but was wondering why none of the other cousins have been seen at the chateau. I guess I shouldn't wonder...I have SCADS of cousins and have zero communications with any of them...not because I hate them or even dislike some of them (actually I dislike most of them!)
They probably go to the nice house in the south of France!

Reactions: 8
Nobody asked, but I would just like to say that I totally adore listening to Amaury. His voice is like dripping honey. He can even make the chateau heating system sound interesting. Of course, we only hear, radiator, heating, tape measure, 300mm, blah blah. I like him talking carentry too. It must be lovely to be the recipient of his romantic talk. He should read for Audible, as his voice would be perfect for certain genres of books - I would love to go to sleep listening to the lilt of his voice. As for the heating situation, I am more clueless than Stephanie. I did notice when Dan's drone flew over, there seemed to be some work to some of the shutters?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I can’t decide if this snap of MOLD is of him stifling a burp (he’s always doing this!!) or if it’s just a general shifty gaze.
It’s a shifty gaze. It was after his crying “poverty” vlog, and was taken right before his “secret” trip to Torremolinos. It’s a screen shot from his Jam vlog thumbnail. Looks like he’s up to no good…because he knew he’d soon be off to Spain to party the whole time he filmed the video!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.