The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is Stephanie sees herself as an empathetic and good person. She gives 'love' back and does charity work, the motivation behind these actions are just different from normal people. She does it to assert control and secure a source of adoration (love for Phyllis) and personal thank you's and admiration to feed her narcissism (GAG). She's completely unaware of her real motivations behind her doings, that's the narcissism, she's not manipulating people consciously (that would make her a psychopath, she's not), the reason why she seems genuine to some that aren't as perceptive as us.

I think Frank wants an explanation from her he could accept and agree with. There's no such thing.

You're right, we're giving her attention here which she appreciates. She thrives on any attention. We're challenging her, she gets a reaction from us. We could of course gaslight her back and beat her in her own game, feed the flames of her crazy, insert poison needles in our comments to keep her insecure and encourage her to overstep promising even more adoration in return. But we're decent people, we don't like to see people suffer. Not even her.
we are all Cher...giving her that...”snap out of it”...slap from moonstruck.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wonder what is the process for accepting volunteers anyway...
I recall one of the volunteers (can't remember who for the life of me) saying that they email Natti and said something like I am available for work and she said something between the lines of "great! when can you start?"
Is there an interview process? Do they have resumes or any reference check in place?

I would be horrified to just let any random person into my home just because they know how to scrub a dirty pot!
I would love a random person to come and scrub my dirty pots. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Interesting how much more relaxed everyone seems to be when the chatelaine is away and not holding forth. They all seem to get on well with each other. It was lovely that they wished Kirsty a happy birthday. She, like Dan, is an asset. They will both put their hands to anything and have more than one skill to offer. Selmar really isn't needed when you have people like Amaury, Dan and Kirsty around. I notice Steph now often invites Dan to supper when they have B & B guests. They need a man like Dan round the table. Selmar didn't contribute to the conversation at all in SJ's vlog and when Philip is there, his topics of conversation are limited. Interesting that we haven't seen anything of Dana for a while, and Marie's cooking will not be missed now that they have Russian Marie and Dan doing some of the cooking.
Good point..where is Dana..i miss her humus...no.. not really.. the mice surely like to relax when the cat is away....i can imagine..having that lunatic of a woman all day around must be exhausting..also noticed the all about loud Cat has left..good..i really cant stand her actually..her verbal and non verbal remarks....but in the end... she just plays along...cheers to her..with a Heineken beer...and please stay in the Uk...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
They want to see the little furry animals, and if they sent them, they like to hear their names and their letters read out. I reckon each gift giver watches one episode about 10 times and tells all the family and friends to listen out for their name. These are very sad people!
Yeah, maybe even the added charity angle? Also, she has to be making pretty good money on 50-60k views each video.

Reactions: 6
Ryan- no mark, boring and no one is interested. We can't muster up the energy to be bothered.
Ryan's videos are so boring they're enough to send you into a deep sleep ... I watched the first few seconds of his latest flog and a few seconds at the end ... that's all I could take. Of course, the real reason why he's in Thailand is that his carte de séjour application was probably refused. He may even have received an official notice giving him 30 days to leave the country ...

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Is there something about Lalande that attracts people with variations of name Mary, Marie, Maria, etc. As mentioned before in chateau world all the Anna’s and Phillips.
Speaking of Maries has FRK posted anything to her patreon or has she got lost in moors foraging! Her departure as well as the chatelaines may well have contributed to the happier atmosphere at the chateau.
I also wondered if SJ hightailed out of there when she found out Mary was close and she was coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Nobody asked but I think we all need to come up with a Stephanie's mantra. Prizes for the best. First prize: A ex display bouquet of roadside flowers from FRK. Second Prize: Snorts will set your dinner table for up to eight guests. Third prize: Semar will build you a compost heap. I will kick off the suggestions with "Better to arrive late than arrive ugly." Your turn...
Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.
John Wayne

Mantra 🕉 - SSB

Money can't buy friends, but you can get a better class of enemy .

😈

Chicken whisperer MPK released the most boring Patreon exclusive two days ago, filmed by Sadie.
"BROCANTING" with the whole family and a visit to their grandparents'!

😈😭😈🙏🙏 thanks for posting
You epic ledgend 🎯🎯🎯

this should be halerious
😈

• Heart
I have a large box of Blue Willow in my basement I considered sending to MPK back when I held him in better esteem. (The cost of mailing it to France from the US stopped me. I mean I admired him, but not that much). I was also going to send SJ some elaborate Xmas stockings I made. They are very intricate with lots of beading and fancy trims. Pa-a-a-r-fect for a chateau! I'll take a pic of them when they come out, again. This is as close as I got to donating anything to the two grifters
What a shame! Would've been a wonderful addition to all the tat at the Château de la Décharge ...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think his parents and grandmother are all for this match. He has no obvious marketable skills, probably thinks he is "too good" to be a waiter and tells everybody he is already working full time. And his parents probably believe him and have coddled him his entire life anyway.
Can't blame his parents entirely for his character or choices. They love him regardless. As most parents do with their kids.
And I am not worried at all about Snorts getting his heart broken. He is so full if himself. He will bounce back. And I don't see SJ dumping him any time soon...though I wish she would.
She will only dump snort when she has a better replacement...

• Heart
Apropos MW's gig at the popup supper club @Alice Strictknickers discovered.
You actually can make a living as a chef doing pop up restaurants -- low overhead, lower labor costs, higher price point. Don't know about florists decorating popup restaurants, but it's possibly a lucrative clientele to perform flowers for.

Reactions: 10
Good point..where is Dana..i miss her humus...no.. not really.. the mice surely like to relax when the cat is away....i can imagine..having that lunatic of a woman all day around must be exhausting..also noticed the all about loud Cat has left..good..i really cant stand her actually..her verbal and non verbal remarks....but in the end... she just plays along...cheers to her..with a Heineken beer...and please stay in the Uk...
An interesting observation, there doesn’t seem to be much new up to date inside information in her absence!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Chicken whisperer MPK released the most boring Patreon exclusive two days ago, filmed by Sadie.

Should have named it 'Grifting with Grandma' or 'Thrift and Grift!'

Is there something about Lalande that attracts people with variations of name Mary, Marie, Maria, etc. As mentioned before in chateau world all the Anna’s and Phillips.
Speaking of Maries has FRK posted anything to her patreon or has she got lost in moors foraging! Her departure as well as the chatelaines may well have contributed to the happier atmosphere at the chateau.
I also wondered if SJ hightailed out of there when she found out Mary was close and she was coming.
She's wondering around calling out for @Heathcliffe...🤣

Maria the Russian volunteer likes to cook with her hair flopping all over the food she is preparing 🤢
They like to prepare on that table, filthy cupboards and mouldy sinks. The hair is probably the cleanest thing in there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
a load of mud slinging going on about chateau diy on the ETTC Diy fan group. Just looked up the admin - Philly and Angelina and Edd. I thought Sherrie was one originally?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Thank you! She is as phony as the rest of the live love laugh crew. Just because she does not wear makeup or comb her hair does not make her ‘authentic’.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Nobody asked but I think we all need to come up with a Stephanie's mantra. Prizes for the best. First prize: A ex display bouquet of roadside flowers from FRK. Second Prize: Snorts will set your dinner table for up to eight guests. Third prize: Semar will build you a compost heap. I will kick off the suggestions with "Better to arrive late than arrive ugly." Your turn...
I toile all day, I toile all night, all my Vlogs for your delight.

a load of mud slinging going on about chateau diy on the ETTC Diy fan group. Just looked up the admin - Philly and Angelina and Edd. I thought Sherrie was one originally?
The gift that keeps on giving.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.
John Wayne

Mantra 🕉 - SSB

Money can't buy friends, but you can get a better class of enemy .

😈

😈😭😈🙏🙏 thanks for posting
You epic ledgend 🎯🎯🎯

this should be halerious
😈
Micheal’s video scrounging round Nan and Granddad’s home brings to mind one of my father’s favorite sayings: Picking pennies off a Dead Man’s Eyes.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Interesting how much more relaxed everyone seems to be when the chatelaine is away and not holding forth. They all seem to get on well with each other. It was lovely that they wished Kirsty a happy birthday. She, like Dan, is an asset. They will both put their hands to anything and have more than one skill to offer. Selmar really isn't needed when you have people like Amaury, Dan and Kirsty around. I notice Steph now often invites Dan to supper when they have B & B guests. They need a man like Dan round the table. Selmar didn't contribute to the conversation at all in SJ's vlog and when Philip is there, his topics of conversation are limited. Interesting that we haven't seen anything of Dana for a while, and Marie's cooking will not be missed now that they have Russian Marie and Dan doing some of the cooking.
Would be nice to see more of Annaleise imho

Stopped watching dio months ago. bored me to tears

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I found the Fleuries' Sunday effort Philipp at his worst talking head douche performance -- repairing his camera to prove either how poor they are or how thrifty. Interspersed with Anna making a foraged blackberry crumble, corroborating the point perhaps. :sleep::sleep::sleep:
Dan's slice of life videos, with chickens wandering in and out, little boys helping to shovel rubble into the concrete form, the relaxed party for Kirsty, way better.
But the Fleuries don't have what Dan and SJ have, this large cast of characters.
Interesting problem. No money for resto, no video?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.