The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chicken whisperer MPK released the most boring Patreon exclusive two days ago, filmed by Sadie.
"BROCANTING" with the whole family and a visit to their grandparents'!

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
SJ’s latest vlog has to be one of the worst ones yet, even without Snorts it was a painful watch. Why is doing Pilates so hilarious? Best thing was the food!

Chicken whisperer MPK released a Patreon exclusive two days ago, filmed by Sadie.
"BROCANTING" with the whole family and a visit to their grandparents'!

Why is Sadie filming? Lazy little s**t 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Also, resisting NPD by pushing back, causes PTSD in those who try. No contact is the universal and ubiquitous mental health professionals' advice.
As someone has pointed out, Donald Trump isn't lying. He thinks he's telling the truth. One reason he doesn't act guilty.
All NPDs are psycho- and socio- pathic. Lack of empathy, remember?
You're right. No contact is the only option. It's difficult to recognize narcs, it's not something you can see immediately. And there are always co-dependent and/or over-emotionally thinking people who fall for them, it has nothing to do with intelligence, you might be a child of a narc and believe relationships are supposed to be that difficult. Narcs will never let you go (think Nic, Potty and how they've been trained to question their own valid judgement) and reel you back when you have your defenses down. No contact is the only option. If you leave a door open, they'll come for another visit to abuse you for sure, but it's sometimes difficult (or impossible) to do that if the narc is your relative, partner, child...

We can't hurt Fanny personally criticizing her here, she thinks she's the victim and treated unfairly (from her perspective). She will use us for her pity play (MPK has done it already) eventually not understanding she's created a social media platform for her narcissism herself for us to call her out.

In the meantime we can irritate the tit out of her truefans by ridiculing her and maybe steer them back to logical thinking. And have a laugh ourselves.

The problem IMO why she still has a growing fan base is the simple fact that her truefans don't understand narcissism, how it operates and in many instances what happens is they align themselves with Fanny and eventually sit within that echo chamber and as soon as anything's said that criticize her, no matter how well argued, how logical, how evidence-based, it doesn't matter because they don't listen. Because all they hear is: Alert! This is an attack against our poster girl! And their defense systems are activated. Some of these fans will be narcissists and therefore what they do is they're commandeering the character traits of her and they believe they are empathetic and what then happens when somebody criticizes Fanny because she's seen as an extension of themselves it feels like a criticism of them which threatens their narcissism. This causes them to come and throw allegations and accusations here rather than scrutinizing the evidence for itself. So some of the truefans are narcissists and of course there are those who detract from Fanny who are also narcissists. They're in both sides of the divide but the majority of people who do support her are of course not narcissists. There are the quite vociferous and loud mouth ones but the majority aren't. They are usually normal individuals who identify with her for many personal reasons (her creativity, socio-economical status, similarities in ambitions, aspirations and so on) and therefore what happens is that because they align themselves with her they don't like to be told something that doesn't fit with their narrative (nobody likes to be told they're wrong) and they fail to listen to the evidence because of their entrenched and preconceived views (we've witnessed this polarization of stances). Their empathy for her and seeing themselves in her outweighs their ability to look at the evidence logically and see what is occurring. So amongst those who support Fanny the failure to see what's going on isn't because all of the individuals are necessarily stupid (but there are many who are hard at understanding :) ) some are narcissists, some are normal and some are overly empathetic and in the case of the normals and empathetics it comes down to according to this particular position allying with Fanny. They're not close enough to her to be her friends but like we've seen they have created almost an extra category of friendship that do her bidding, not because she tells them to, but because they see their friend hurt and because they're so close they're ready to go and put a brick through a perceived perpetrator's windshield (MOLD gate) out of misplaced sense of loyalty by failing to examine the evidence. Then go around trying to argue against the position flying in the face of the evidence that is mountainous and continuing to accumulate.

Of course there will be those, the ones we're trying to save, that may think: 'I thought there was something quite off, didn't make my mind up about it and now I can see it.' But the majority of them will not because they're entrenched in their view and even providing them with evidence they will not just be able to see it and of course that becomes frustrating for us who want them to be able to see, not to point score over them, not to say 'haha I'm right and you're wrong' but for the purposes of demonstrating to them 'Look, I'm trying to help you understand what's happening here'. Unfortunately with those types of individuals, who see Fanny as their potential best friend, we're wasting our time and breath.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Interesting how much more relaxed everyone seems to be when the chatelaine is away and not holding forth. They all seem to get on well with each other. It was lovely that they wished Kirsty a happy birthday. She, like Dan, is an asset. They will both put their hands to anything and have more than one skill to offer. Selmar really isn't needed when you have people like Amaury, Dan and Kirsty around. I notice Steph now often invites Dan to supper when they have B & B guests. They need a man like Dan round the table. Selmar didn't contribute to the conversation at all in SJ's vlog and when Philip is there, his topics of conversation are limited. Interesting that we haven't seen anything of Dana for a while, and Marie's cooking will not be missed now that they have Russian Marie and Dan doing some of the cooking.
Beautifully put. It was so relaxing to watch. If all their output was like that on the CD channel we wouldn't have anything to get mad at. 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I believe it was @lolander's post on page 50 of the last thread that really is probably the worst thing I see SJ doing right now as a narc, and that is using PJ. I know he's irritating and snorts, but he's a young man (my son is his age, so that makes me more sensitive to his situation), he's naïve in the ways of narcs and boundaries, and he's being used in a deplorable way by SJ. She's all flattery with him right now to keep him all adoring of her and feeding her narcishness, but we know that he's only going to get very very hurt by that. She's set him up for a huge huge fall. If I were his parents I would be rushing down to get him out of there. He needs to leave there for his own mental safety.
My thought too. He's a young, not very "street wise", man with no real qualifications who has been over protected by parents and grand-parents. And who is now being manipulated by an older woman (that's not what is shocking in their situation) who have been manipulating people all her life to get what she wants.

I would be his mother, I would raid Lalande and the Chatelaine with forks and pikes defying her in a woman-to-woman duel ! 😂

I know, I know... he's 25 and can do what he wants wiht his life. That's the way we learn in life...

As goes the old French saying :

"Si jeunesse savait
Si vieillesse pouvait."
(Henri Estienne - 1528) =

"If the Young only knew
If the Old only could..."

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I rarely ever run across channels that have that sub/view ratio. So I guess noone wants to subscribe but a lot of people actually want to watch?
They want to see the little furry animals, and if they sent them, they like to hear their names and their letters read out. I reckon each gift giver watches one episode about 10 times and tells all the family and friends to listen out for their name. These are very sad people!

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Maybe BJJ’s parents and grandmother are not happy about this May/December ‘relationship’ and that is why they are not filmed and fetched the car. They can see that his spending is out of control and what parent wants their child to do a second gap year to go party and shop with someone old enough to be his mother? Plus FRK is a prime example of when SJ turns off the sunshine spigot and leaves you in the cold. I would be so worried if I was his mother. Then again I wouldn’t have raised such a snorting weasel, I mean squirrel 🐿!
I think his parents and grandmother are all for this match. He has no obvious marketable skills, probably thinks he is "too good" to be a waiter and tells everybody he is already working full time. And his parents probably believe him and have coddled him his entire life anyway.
Can't blame his parents entirely for his character or choices. They love him regardless. As most parents do with their kids.
And I am not worried at all about Snorts getting his heart broken. He is so full if himself. He will bounce back. And I don't see SJ dumping him any time soon...though I wish she would.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
On the topic of vetting volunteers and Selmar .... I remember them not even knowing he was coming. He was just driving around some place right as things were locking down and he decided to head toward LaLande to help out, but SJ and Mummy didn't know who he was when he showed up. So it didn't sound like he even applied to volunteer. Maybe I'm missing something. I just remember them first being kind of wary of him, but then his presence made them feel safer. It was a bit odd
He had apparently contacted her a long time beforehand she said he could come but it didn't sound as if dates had been agreed and he just turned up during the lockdown so they weren't expecting him!

Reactions: 16
Interesting how much more relaxed everyone seems to be when the chatelaine is away and not holding forth. They all seem to get on well with each other. It was lovely that they wished Kirsty a happy birthday. She, like Dan, is an asset. They will both put their hands to anything and have more than one skill to offer. Selmar really isn't needed when you have people like Amaury, Dan and Kirsty around. I notice Steph now often invites Dan to supper when they have B & B guests. They need a man like Dan round the table. Selmar didn't contribute to the conversation at all in SJ's vlog and when Philip is there, his topics of conversation are limited. Interesting that we haven't seen anything of Dana for a while, and Marie's cooking will not be missed now that they have Russian Marie and Dan doing some of the cooking.
Beautifully put. It was so relaxing to watch. If all their output was like that on the CD channel we wouldn't have anything to get mad at. 😆
You're right. No contact is the only option. It's difficult to recognize narcs, it's not something you can see immediately. And there are always co-dependent and/or over-emotionally thinking people who fall for them, it has nothing to do with intelligence, you might be a child of a narc and believe relationships are supposed to be that difficult. Narcs will never let you go (think Nic, Potty and how they've been trained to question their own valid judgement) and reel you back when you have your defenses down. No contact is the only option. If you leave a door open, they'll come for another visit to abuse you for sure, but it's sometimes difficult (or impossible) to do that if the narc is your relative, partner, child...

We can't hurt Fanny personally criticizing her here, she thinks she's the victim and treated unfairly (from her perspective). She will use us for her pity play (MPK has done it already) eventually not understanding she's created a social media platform for her narcissism herself for us to call her out.

In the meantime we can irritate the tit out of her truefans by ridiculing her and maybe steer them back to logical thinking. And have a laugh ourselves.

The problem IMO why she still has a growing fan base is the simple fact that her truefans don't understand narcissism, how it operates and in many instances what happens is they align themselves with Fanny and eventually sit within that echo chamber and as soon as anything's said that criticize her, no matter how well argued, how logical, how evidence-based, it doesn't matter because they don't listen. Because all they hear is: Alert! This is an attack against our poster girl! And their defense systems are activated. Some of these fans will be narcissists and therefore what they do is they're commandeering the character traits of her and they believe they are empathetic and what then happens when somebody criticizes Fanny because she's seen as an extension of themselves it feels like a criticism of them which threatens their narcissism. This causes them to come and throw allegations and accusations here rather than scrutinizing the evidence for itself. So some of the truefans are narcissists and of course there are those who detract from Fanny who are also narcissists. They're in both sides of the divide but the majority of people who do support her are of course not narcissists. There are the quite vociferous and loud mouth ones but the majority aren't. They are usually normal individuals who identify with her for many personal reasons (her creativity, socio-economical status, similarities in ambitions, aspirations and so on) and therefore what happens is that because they align themselves with her they don't like to be told something that doesn't fit with their narrative (nobody likes to be told they're wrong) and they fail to listen to the evidence because of their entrenched and preconceived views (we've witnessed this polarization of stances). Their empathy for her and seeing themselves in her outweighs their ability to look at the evidence logically and see what is occurring. So amongst those who support Fanny the failure to see what's going on isn't because all of the individuals are necessarily stupid (but there are many who are hard at understanding :) ) some are narcissists, some are normal and some are overly empathetic and in the case of the normals and empathetics it comes down to according to this particular position allying with Fanny. They're not close enough to her to be her friends but like we've seen they have created almost an extra category of friendship that do her bidding, not because she tells them to, but because they see their friend hurt and because they're so close they're ready to go and put a brick through a perceived perpetrator's windshield (MOLD gate) out of misplaced sense of loyalty by failing to examine the evidence. Then go around trying to argue against the position flying in the face of the evidence that is mountainous and continuing to accumulate.

Of course there will be those, the ones we're trying to save, that may think: 'I thought there was something quite off, didn't make my mind up about it and now I can see it.' But the majority of them will not because they're entrenched in their view and even providing them with evidence they will not just be able to see it and of course that becomes frustrating for us who want them to be able to see, not to point score over them, not to say 'haha I'm right and you're wrong' but for the purposes of demonstrating to them 'Look, I'm trying to help you understand what's happening here'. Unfortunately with those types of individuals, who see Fanny as their potential best friend, we're wasting our time and breath.
This is absolutely fascinating stuff. Reminds me of a work colleague who tortured her husband for daring to leave her. She showed major victim status but was as hard as nails and we observed how over the top nice she was to new people. Am starting to feel she was a narcissistic after reading this.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
SJ’s latest vlog has to be one of the worst ones yet, even without Snorts it was a painful watch. Why is doing Pilates so hilarious? Best thing was the food!

Why is Sadie filming? Lazy little s**t 🙄
It's the only useful employment she could find, and yes, her older brother, the Chicken Whisperer is indeed lazy. :D 🐓

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I think I have seen her in older vlogs.. I think her name is also Mary.. From Hong Kong or china.... Isn't she the one who wrote the blog about lalande in Chinese and someone here had translated it
Possibly, she posted a pic in Paris a day ago on Insta.

Reactions: 1
I think I have seen her in older vlogs.. I think her name is also Mary.. From Hong Kong or china.... Isn't she the one who wrote the blog about lalande in Chinese and someone here had translated i
I think it was someone different but the view wasn't too clear!

Reactions: 3
Chateau DIY still can not decide how to spell her name. 🤪

What madness!
At the time they bought the château, most of Stephanie’s friends thought she was mad because she was coming with a best friend and not a husband. Everyone – apart from Stefanie’s parents who were 100% behind the move – thought with such a big commitment they were bound to fall out.

Fast forward to the present day and Stephanie and Nick still get on fabulously. And now, to add to the eccentric mix, an ex-boyfriend of Stefanie’s has bought a 10% share of the property and come onboard too.

And, Stephanie says, it only took 16 years to prove it could all work.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Yet another begging flog for ‘Spode willow pattern’. Poor MPK can’t find it anywhere online!!!
Jumpsuit Jill Scott to the rescue....goes on ebay....for days......looking......still looking. 🥴

MPK can't find anything.....minced lamb, double cream, oregano, or love. Eeedjot!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Yet another begging flog for ‘Spode willow pattern’. Poor MPK can’t find it anywhere online!!!
I have a large box of Blue Willow in my basement I considered sending to MPK back when I held him in better esteem. (The cost of mailing it to France from the US stopped me. I mean I admired him, but not that much). I was also going to send SJ some elaborate Xmas stockings I made. They are very intricate with lots of beading and fancy trims. Pa-a-a-r-fect for a chateau! I'll take a pic of them when they come out, again. This is as close as I got to donating anything to the two grifters

Reactions: 19
Mary Lee

View attachment 786975
suu4leaf

【Travelling in the time of coronavirus: Mary Lee in Paris】

離開巴黎翌日,終於可以靜下來寫這個post。疫症後首次出行一點也不安心:首先是SBahn突如其來停駛,累我們要在晚上的大街四處奔跑截的士去巴士站,一程的士已經等於一程長途巴士飛,去到仲要追車,司機發晒老脾做晒手勢,要感謝@ericszehonwong 9衝上去巴士前面大字型截停架巴士先上到車。以為捱咗16個鐘車終於到巴黎,落車發現護照同200歐羅現金𣎴翼而飛!飛返去同巴士司機一齊上車搵,當然搵唔到,係票務處留低資料,去到hostel問當值哥哥警局係邊,頂佢佢竟然叫我自己上google map搵!救命恩人@oscarchanyiklong 收到我求救訊息即時趕到陪我去警局,門口兩個警員竟然話一個月前開始警局唔再受理報失要我哋去市政局,而市政局已經收咗工要星期一先再開!我話我星期一離開巴黎,但個個都係深表同情但幫你唔到嘅樣。𣎴幸中之大幸係我電話銀包同德國居留證仲係度,可以先上英國大使館網站報失護照,遲啲再補領。故事教訓係貪字得個貧,想慳錢反而跌更多錢,所以你見我係呢個一期一遇嘅歷史時刻面前都仲係好憂鬱咁。特別鳴謝Oscar 同@lokzphoenix 雪中送炭陪我行街食飯又話我知呢啲叫破財擋災,因為的而且確,身處此時此刻的我們實在有太多煩惱苦難,自己及親友人身平安仲可以越洋聚埋一齊食餐飯,已是萬幸。祝好人一世平安,水逆唔好搞我!Merci beaucoup mes amies, au revoir à Paris ❤
1d
Yes, you are right. I didn't recognise her in the vlog without her pink hair that she used to have!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.