The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting "Owner Profiles" and a "Chateau Finder" on the Chateau DIY site: https://chateaudiy.com/
Thanks for that

link for SSB
She’s saved herself again - her YouTube money keeps her in Food n wine 🍷

think 🤔 the author ✍ put a few witch slap comments on her bio …

You have to search to find her 😭😭
Clearly channel 4 prefer to promote the others
😈

Reactions: 15
Work is getting in the way of my Tattle time! I have read madly and have finally caught up ... and I was caught up at the end of the day 2 days ago!! Anyway, enough about me!

Thoughts from the last thread:
@Beau Monde Bunbalina is a most excellent name for Mr. Amaury!

I believe it was @lolander's post on page 50 of the last thread that really is probably the worst thing I see SJ doing right now as a narc, and that is using PJ. I know he's irritating and snorts, but he's a young man (my son is his age, so that makes me more sensitive to his situation), he's naïve in the ways of narcs and boundaries, and he's being used in a deplorable way by SJ. She's all flattery with him right now to keep him all adoring of her and feeding her narcishness, but we know that he's only going to get very very hurt by that. She's set him up for a huge huge fall. If I were his parents I would be rushing down to get him out of there. He needs to leave there for his own mental safety.

And I agree, Nick Larkin has been quite strong and wise in putting the bag on his head and sticking to his own boundaries with SJ on being filmed. That's really quite something to have stuck to it, when she mocks and tries to wear people down. Obviously the man needs to completely break ties with her, and if I were him and Marie I'd be wanting to be bought out of there so I could get my own vacation home where there isn't so much chaos all the time. The peacefulness of the the rural French life-style is absolutely why I would go there, and SJ has completely ruined that at Lalande with too many construction projects at one time that are no where near completion, not to mention the camera in everyones' face, and the the ridiculous loud party atmosphere ... ugh, she's just ruined what would be good about Lalande. And Nick obviously has wisdom and good taste, marrying someone like Marie, who has more class than any of the rest of the women that have come through Lalande. I'd like to hope that he is seeing how badly he needs to break ties.

If I was smart, I'd have made this into 3 different posts to get my post numbers up to compete in the VIP race ... but alas, I am just not that competitive!
Wish I could post 3 likes for you!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Dan’s latest vlog is lovely - everyone just chilling in the kitchen for Kirsty’s birthday.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
On the topic of vetting volunteers and Selmar .... I remember them not even knowing he was coming. He was just driving around some place right as things were locking down and he decided to head toward LaLande to help out, but SJ and Mummy didn't know who he was when he showed up. So it didn't sound like he even applied to volunteer. Maybe I'm missing something. I just remember them first being kind of wary of him, but then his presence made them feel safer. It was a bit odd.
I think he had applied through work away but they had forgotten as lockdown had just been announced

Reactions: 9
I wonder what is the process for accepting volunteers anyway...
I recall one of the volunteers (can't remember who for the life of me) saying that they email Natti and said something like I am available for work and she said something between the lines of "great! when can you start?"
Is there an interview process? Do they have resumes or any reference check in place?

I would be horrified to just let any random person into my home just because they know how to scrub a dirty pot!
I think you just need to mention having a vehicle and you’re in!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What a beautifully filmed Dan video on his channel tonight. Could have gone on watching it with the pea chicks and the relaxed atmosphere. Especially noticeable in the kitchen as a group sat round the table without the usual alarmed stiff puppet looks we normally see with false bonhomie. All in all a breath of fresh air. Don't know who the woman is with the black bob, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
What a beautifully filmed Dan video on his channel tonight. Could have gone on watching it with the pea chicks and the relaxed atmosphere. Especially noticeable in the kitchen as a group sat round the table without the usual alarmed stiff puppet looks we normally see with false bonhomie. All in all a breath of fresh air. Don't know who the woman is with the black bob, though.
Let us hope that the birthday pancakes, if made by the Hairy Russian Baker, that she had at the respect to tie her hair back 🤢

Reactions: 3
Is there an interview process? Do they have resumes or any reference check in place?
I imagine there's nothing: no application form or CVs required; no proper interviews; no references, no security checks. It's probably just Natti saying Yes to everyone. When that couple arrived and she immediately made them cook for everyone including people with different allergies, she could have had no knowledge of how skilled they were at cooking or what they knew about cooking for people with special dietary requirements. They could have killed someone but as long as none of the residents needed to cook, that would be fine. They take enormous risks with health and safety when they take on volunteers without an in-depth check.

I see the mystery person in Dan's vlog is a new female volunteer.

Reactions: 19
Nobody asked but I think we all need to come up with a Stephanie's mantra. Prizes for the best. First prize: A ex display bouquet of roadside flowers from FRK. Second Prize: Snorts will set your dinner table for up to eight guests. Third prize: Semar will build you a compost heap. I will kick off the suggestions with "Better to arrive late than arrive ugly." Your turn...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Is the new person at the chateau potentially the woman that was in Dan’s vlog with Amaury. the mysterious person with the dark haired bob.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think I have seen her in older vlogs.. I think her name is also Mary.. From Hong Kong or china.... Isn't she the one who wrote the blog about lalande in Chinese and someone here had translated it
Mary Lee

243124132_4901527489871186_6475006357448021707_n.jpg

suu4leaf

【Travelling in the time of coronavirus: Mary Lee in Paris】

離開巴黎翌日,終於可以靜下來寫這個post。疫症後首次出行一點也不安心:首先是SBahn突如其來停駛,累我們要在晚上的大街四處奔跑截的士去巴士站,一程的士已經等於一程長途巴士飛,去到仲要追車,司機發晒老脾做晒手勢,要感謝@ericszehonwong 9衝上去巴士前面大字型截停架巴士先上到車。以為捱咗16個鐘車終於到巴黎,落車發現護照同200歐羅現金𣎴翼而飛!飛返去同巴士司機一齊上車搵,當然搵唔到,係票務處留低資料,去到hostel問當值哥哥警局係邊,頂佢佢竟然叫我自己上google map搵!救命恩人@oscarchanyiklong 收到我求救訊息即時趕到陪我去警局,門口兩個警員竟然話一個月前開始警局唔再受理報失要我哋去市政局,而市政局已經收咗工要星期一先再開!我話我星期一離開巴黎,但個個都係深表同情但幫你唔到嘅樣。𣎴幸中之大幸係我電話銀包同德國居留證仲係度,可以先上英國大使館網站報失護照,遲啲再補領。故事教訓係貪字得個貧,想慳錢反而跌更多錢,所以你見我係呢個一期一遇嘅歷史時刻面前都仲係好憂鬱咁。特別鳴謝Oscar 同@lokzphoenix 雪中送炭陪我行街食飯又話我知呢啲叫破財擋災,因為的而且確,身處此時此刻的我們實在有太多煩惱苦難,自己及親友人身平安仲可以越洋聚埋一齊食餐飯,已是萬幸。祝好人一世平安,水逆唔好搞我!Merci beaucoup mes amies, au revoir à Paris ❤
1d

Reactions: 16
I too loved Dan's vlog today! I watch them on my lunch break and they are just perfect! Bunbalina's little dance, the casual chatting at the kitchen table enjoying each other .... and he gets in so much content. I love that he doesn't drag out the story lines. And he had one of my favorite songs on at the beginning!

Reactions: 17
Thanks for that

link for SSB
She’s saved herself again - her YouTube money keeps her in Food n wine 🍷

think 🤔 the author ✍ put a few witch slap comments on her bio …

You have to search to find her 😭😭
Clearly channel 4 prefer to promote the others
😈
Couldn't find even the chateau gite(s) on booking.com....I suppose every booking goes through Nutti 🙄

Reactions: 7
Interesting how much more relaxed everyone seems to be when the chatelaine is away and not holding forth. They all seem to get on well with each other. It was lovely that they wished Kirsty a happy birthday. She, like Dan, is an asset. They will both put their hands to anything and have more than one skill to offer. Selmar really isn't needed when you have people like Amaury, Dan and Kirsty around. I notice Steph now often invites Dan to supper when they have B & B guests. They need a man like Dan round the table. Selmar didn't contribute to the conversation at all in SJ's vlog and when Philip is there, his topics of conversation are limited. Interesting that we haven't seen anything of Dana for a while, and Marie's cooking will not be missed now that they have Russian Marie and Dan doing some of the cooking.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.