The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone is really pissed about drone shots and b-rolls.

I am more than happy that Dan isn’t pretending to be someone he isn’t, and that his job and life is actually what we see in his videos. Nothing more, nothing less.
No extra sugar coati. And drone shots with funky music are better than listening to fake friendship chatter.
When 1/3 of a daily vlog every day is drone shots of either the Chateau, the van or both after Day 50 it gets a bit tiresome.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sorry Dan, salmon with chips doesn't work for me. I think it is a simplistic menu, especially at the price SJ charges. She was totally overcharging for FRK's unseasonable offerings.
A simple meal, with simple ingredients, made by a good cook (Dan is a trained chef), can be sublime. Better than the fare served up by FRK.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Congratulations Espe and great thread title!
Go raibh maith agat, Mojo!

I always get teary eyed when watching things like this. I've always loved dance, (and my oldest daughter was on the dance team in high school) but I have NO rhythm in my body! LOL. One of my guilty pleasures in my LATE LATE wild days (I married the first time when I was 16 and never had a wild and crazy party animal side til I was almost 50!...LOL) was going out with my best friend every weekend and watching her dance with every guy that asked her...and there were LOTS of them! She could follow any of the dance moves that her partner made and 2 of her favorite partners did ballroom dancing. It was such a pleasure to watch them on the dance floor. I miss those days...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
A comment on Dan's daily was about predicting he would get his own chateau. Ugh, why wish that on him?

Regarding him not having a channel without LaLa; I would happily watch every at home/going shopping/family time he puts out and not miss the shito at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I always get teary eyed when watching things like this. I've always loved dance, (and my oldest daughter was on the dance team in high school) but I have NO rhythm in my body! LOL. One of my guilty pleasures in my LATE LATE wild days (I married the first time when I was 16 and never had a wild and crazy party animal side til I was almost 50!...LOL) was going out with my best friend every weekend and watching her dance with every guy that asked her...and there were LOTS of them! She could follow any of the dance moves that her partner made and 2 of her favorite partners did ballroom dancing. It was such a pleasure to watch them on the dance floor. I miss those days...
I was the opposite way to you Phoenix. I learned to dance (mainly Ballroom but some Latin American) to quite a high examination standard and competed for some time. I then met my husband, who has two size 12 left feet and no sense of rhythm and so I gave up dancing when we got married. I sometimes miss those days. Hubby says that I am a nightmare to watch Strictly Come Dancing with.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Dick has an enormous army of helpers. They are just not shown on screen.
He fell in love with the walled garden and wanted to turn it into a flourishing vegetable garden (+ flowers for the weddings).
As for Lalande, I am amazed at the poor quality of food they have on their plate. Bread and cheese sometimes for lunch. This is not a proper meal for heaven's sake. This is partly due to great laziness.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I was the opposite way to you Phoenix. I learned to dance (Ballroom and Latin American) to quite a high examination standard and competed for some time. I then met my husband, who has two size 12 left feet and no sense of rhythm and so I gave up dancing when we got married. I sometimes miss those days.
Oh, you lucky thing! To have been able to dance, and especially to dance competitively!!!...I envy you!!!...It must be love if you gave it up for your man. :giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Still. Peasant food at a pretentious chateau is a statement. Good job, Dan!
Anyone can get fish and chips for a lot less than €50 anywhere, but it's a nice change from Marie's roast chicken and roast pork with honey lemon dressing, summer salad with strawberries, and lemon meringue with lemon curd.
Meals aren't included in her daily rate? When I checked their site, they were quoting $216 US per day. I didn't think that was too bad if meals were included.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Oh, you lucky thing! To have been able to dance, and especially to dance competitively!!!...I envy you!!!...It must be love if you gave it up for your man. :giggle:
Yes - not to mention that it was a very expensive hobby! Luckily my mum and my aunt made most of my dresses but three lessons a week (sometimes 5 if a big competition was coming up) plus travelling expenses, etc would have been a big drain on newly wed finances. I would have been spending more time with my dance partner than my husband.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
A simple meal, with simple ingredients, made by a good cook (Dan is a trained chef), can be sublime. Better than the fare served up by FRK.

Dan has proven to be a genius in his own right in so many ways, but unless my theory is correct, that he is making a statement about the obscene cost of a Lalande dinner by serving peasant food, this is one time I think Dan is making a bad decision. As a trained chef, he could showcase a much better fare than freakin' fish and chips, bruschetta and ratatouille, IMO. He could have showcased regional specialties! But I trust that it'll all be "cheffy and fancy and pretty." :m

cheffy.png

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Yes - not to mention that it was a very expensive hobby! Luckily my mum and my aunt made most of my dresses but three lessons a week (sometimes 5 if a big competition was coming up) plus travelling expenses, etc would have been a big drain on newly wed finances. I would have been spending more time with my dance partner than my husband.
I know it's an expensive hobby. All 3 of my girls took tap, ballet and modern dance lessons and my son took break dancing lessons (WAY back in the day, when it was popular!...LOL) For the girls, I sewed almost ALL of their costumes and sometimes also for others in their classes. (I guess that makes me a "sewist...LOL) I was totally SICK of sequins after 4 years of it!...LOL

Hover the cursor over your avatar. You have 452 posts.
Thanks...and how many do you need to get to VIP level?

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.