The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dan has proven to be a genius in his own right in so many ways, but unless my theory is correct, that he is making a statement about the obscene cost of a Lalande dinner by serving peasant food, this is one time I think Dan is making a bad decision. As a trained chef, he could showcase a much better fare than freakin' fish and chips, bruschetta and ratatouille, IMO. He could have showcased regional specialties! But I trust that it'll all be "cheffy and fancy and pretty." :m

View attachment 688733
I am sure that Dan is more than capable of showcasing his skills but think that it would be wasted on the sort of people who would be impressed by a stay at Lalande.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Hi everybody,

I'm new here but have been reading for a few weeks. Like many others, MP brought me here because my reaction to some of his vlogs were: "WTF" and I figured I couldn't be alone in having the impression that he was taking his viewers for a ride. It's a shame because, before his Christmas vlogs last December, I rather enjoyed his output... sometimes sped up.

Anyhow, I thought some of you might be curious about the château Sara and Steve bought in Dordogne, so here is a link to a real estate agent's website regarding their - future - new home. The asking price was 1.32M euros (which seems a bit high to me, but Dordogne is a very fashionable département, especially amongst the British community). The tower was built in the 16th century and the rest of the building was built in the Renaissance style. There is 15 ha of land. I think the inside is nice, but still too expensive considering one façade of the building is right off the road and the chateau itself is not all that grand. But then again, château real estate is expensive in Dordogne.

I wonder what their immigration status in France is, they're not supposed to stay more than 90 days in France and I doubt they have already obtained a "carte de séjour" knowing how complicated French administration can sometimes be...

https://immoglobe.ch/a-vendre/hautefort/maison-20-pieces-700-m2/415646/

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I’d take Dan’s food over Marie’s Chicken and Garden Flowers any day, any time! Fresh battered fried fish and ratatouille, yes please! Food doesn’t need to be pretentious and fussy, it just needs to tastes good, in my book. I’ve never been intrigued by what Marie made, the fussy presentation with flowers and unnecessary garnishes looks like a Jackson Pollock on a plate. Whenever I see her drizzles, shmears of sauces, flowers, herbs, it’s a tactic to distract diners that the food is not that interesting. Sometimes more is just more, I don’t want to pick out stems of herbs and flowers off of chicken before I eat it. Leave the flowers on the strawberry plants, maybe they’ll be able to pick more than two at a time. If the garnish compliments the food, then by all means, but I don’t want to pick a sprig of thyme out of my soup.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Hi everybody,

I'm new here but have been reading for a few weeks. Like many others, MP brought me here because my reaction to some of his vlogs were: "WTF" and I figured I couldn't be alone in having the impression that he was taking his viewers for a ride. It's a shame because, before his Christmas vlogs last December, I rather enjoyed his output... sometimes sped up.

Anyhow, I thought some of you might be curious about the château Sara and Steve bought in Dordogne, so here is a link to a real estate agent's website regarding their - future - new home. The asking price was 1.32M euros (which seems a bit high to me, but Dordogne is a very fashionable département, especially amongst the British community). The tower was built in the 16th century and the rest of the building was built in the Renaissance style. There is 15 ha of land. I think the inside is nice, but still too expensive considering one façade of the building is right off the road and the chateau itself is not all that grand. But then again, château real estate is expensive in Dordogne.

I wonder what their immigration status in France is, they're not supposed to stay more than 90 days in France and I doubt they have already obtained a "carte de séjour" knowing how complicated French administration can sometimes be...

Welcome to Tattle, @Veda Pierce .

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hi everybody,

Welcome! Nice to have you join us. Thanks for the link to Chateau Shrek!
I'd assume that it comes unfurnished, like most of the chateaus. It will be interesting to see how they furnish it.

We think they sold their Canadian home for $1m (that's about 600,000 euros). 1.3m euros is 1.92m Canadian dollars.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Congratulations to VIP MEMBER @Espe :m:m:m:m:m:m
WHAT A YEAR.......
we have a few approaching VIP ....

Most Liked post previous thread

Seeingitasitis
Chatty Member

Monday at 11:10 PM

I love Dan and I am keeping the faith.

Speculating about Dan's sexuality is unfair. He is married, behaves with propriety and has given us no doubt whatsoever about where his interests lie - firmly with Annalise. He seems to me to be a lovely family man and hails from Portsmouth. Cannot do wrong in my book. We are making ourselves less than we are if we speculate with no evidence or foundation. Just my Humble Opinion and no, I am not Brenda. 😂

Last edited: Monday at 11:19 PM
Reactions:You, AndAnotherName, iglie and 72 others
Hilarious new thread title! 👏👏👏

Reactions: 10
Hi everybody,

Thank you for sharing the listing. It looks like a beautiful place with lots of character. If Sarah and Steve start flogging, I might have to watch. I don’t mind those two. I just hope they won’t resort to e-begging.

In a separate vein, how do people afford to buy these homes? Independently wealthy? Lottery? Lucrative side hustle of sewing home ec clothing? I‘m intrigued by Sarah and Steve’s back story…

I wonder if she is the type who dollops a piece of sauce/pure and splatter it with the back of a spoon. Because in her mind it's very chefy and fancy...
I’m sure she does, probably with a raspberry coulee

• Heart
Reactions: 23
When I get tired of a vlog, I stop watching. Just a thought.....
I agree. Even though I' m not a sj fan ,her channel is the only one I actually do watch(adblock on and in the background,while eating etc.).Find all the rest of the shatoo bunch just too boring.

Reactions: 8
Hi everybody,

It looks more like a chateau than the Lalaland heap, but does it have a grand staircase?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Dick has an enormous army of helpers. They are just not shown on screen.
But how about the positano diaries garden?It full to the brim with veggies and there's only 1-2people working on it,with full time jobs...and no digger😉

Reactions: 22
Sorry Dan, salmon with chips doesn't work for me. I think it is a simplistic menu, especially at the price SJ charges. She was totally overcharging for FRK's unseasonable offerings.
The salmon is the least of the menu. It's designed to show off the garden produce, with tomatoes for the salad raw and cooked, potatoes for the frites dug same day, ratatouille and berries fresh from the garden. It's well designed to be partially cooked in his clean home kitchen, without much last minute cooking at the chateau. He's waiting until the last minute to pick the berries. It's thoughtful and well-executed and the first meal ever at Lalande I'm aware of to feature garden produce. I don't think it's worth 50€ but that's not his decision and no number of pain in the ass sauces would make it so.
Here's the €31 dinner from a local restaurant: You need spacious onsite refrigeration to cook like this (vichyssoise, terrine, foie gras) and an empty kitchen to make sauces or slow cook veal. Not sure veal, calf's head, bream, or duck would sell to SJ's very unsophisticated punters, who probably would freak at the thought of eating guinea hen too. SJ's amateur kitchen does not provide any such opportunities of cooling, cooking, or exotic meat choices. Salmon and frites, perfectly judged.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I know it's an expensive hobby. All 3 of my girls took tap, ballet and modern dance lessons and my son took break dancing lessons (WAY back in the day, when it was popular!...LOL) For the girls, I sewed almost ALL of their costumes and sometimes also for others in their classes. (I guess that makes me a "sewist...LOL) I was totally SICK of sequins after 4 years of it!...LOL

Thanks...and how many do you need to get to VIP level?
1000 :rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
FRK has arrived at Miranda Ash's. She's now reading a cook book or just using it as a coaster??? As a guest, do not use a book as a coaster.

1627684330246.png
1627684847822.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
How do you find out how many posts you've done?
I move the cursor to your avatar on the left of your message and I see that you have made 454 messages.

I know it's an expensive hobby. All 3 of my girls took tap, ballet and modern dance lessons and my son took break dancing lessons (WAY back in the day, when it was popular!...LOL) For the girls, I sewed almost ALL of their costumes and sometimes also for others in their classes. (I guess that makes me a "sewist...LOL) I was totally SICK of sequins after 4 years of it!...LOL

Thanks...and how many do you need to get to VIP level?
1000 posts, Phoenix.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.