The Chateau Diaries #47 How to succeed in Business without really trying (to work)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for the kind welcome FlyByeNight. It’s an absolute pleasure to be amongst sanity and reason!!

I’ve decided to give these contemptible begging vloggers a wide berth and shall no longer watch their videos. High time I took this action.
Despairing at them is doing me no good at all. I was positively verklempt all day after watching MPK’s latest pathetic shake of his bowl.

Ridiculous really, as MPK and SJ are absolute strangers to me, and I’m annoyed at allowing myself to be so affected.

Last year, during a time of global upheaval and upset when I dreaded hearing the latest daily death count, their innocuous and charmingly entertaining videos of chateau life in France gave light relief and a welcome distraction.

However, their monstrous egos have taken over and now all I see is a constant push for other people’s money to fund their revolting lifestyles.

I see them for what they are, despicable grifters lacking in moral or ethical consideration for others.

Instead of genuinely appreciating their good fortune and fame, they blithely squander thousands of euros given in handouts.

MPK with his lavish misuse of Patreon funds on hedonistic debauchery and SJ (far more cunning I grant you) is acquiring a substantial personal wealth fund, little of which I see proportionately as being properly spent on the renovations of her chateau (historical farmhouse in reality!).

With their inflated sense of their own importance, the craving for attention and to be admired; both are classic narcissists.

I can no longer watch Michael’s excruciating descent into the circles of hell, Longfellow’s line comes to mind….‘Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad’.

Absolutely agree with you! I now have found a better chateau channel, and they seems made a lot of progress themselves. Both of them are quite good looking too. Thats a plus haha.

Reactions: 8
In America if you call someone "white trash".... well, "them's is fightin' words".
But I do believe the Pethericks are white trash....including baby mamma.
And as the (very horrible) song says, " Money can't buy you class".
And they are proof.
Here's more proof. What's up with the motel art??? Their taste level is very telling.

203729107_281418220180986_3948814021914392189_n.jpg

chateaudelabasmaignee
Billy has been out antiquing... He has had his eyes on this painting for the last year at least, he was bound to buy it eventually. Ernest seems to like the new lady of the house. It’s gorgeous, I wonder who the artist is. Any guesses?
#paint #painting #tableau #artist #artistepeintre #chateau #frenchchateau #countryhome #doingitourselves #antique #art

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
So are you saying that the gardener's cottage will be used as a stage / backdrop for their OnlyFans content? Tell the fans - if their deluded reactions so far are anything to go by, just tell them that Andrew needs to make an income and MPK will be ordering the oak staircase....tomorrow
[/QUO
Someone who has a chronic condition (e.g schizophrenia, and similar), and has to be on medication, for life, to control the illness. Would love to be able to work, similar age, you would not know if you look at them. I know a few, one of them is my son.:cry:
But if that were the case why then has M..P. intimated in the past, when questioned on why he did not drive his response was, cost, time, needs to return to U.K. to pass test, etc. If the real reason he does not drive is due to a medical condition then he had the opportunity to state that, and viewers would not question why he relies on other to transport him.
Perhaps the new Boyfriend comes with Car and drives, but have my doubts.

Reactions: 6
I'vee never thought that Gwen was the sharpest tool in the box nor the most educated. But I have felt for her in her situation. Not sure now.
Qui s'assemble se ressemble !
Gwen is complicit in the scrounging ... I'm sure she could buy that set of stairs at the drop of a hat, but she doesn't want to use her own money on her property ... she makes sure she hardly ever appears in the flogs while benefiting from the income they procure.

Reactions: 16
She then said it would be ideal for summer-themed garden parties. Cue summer-themed parties. We HAVE to have one, to celebrate my exquisite cabbage bowl.
For cripe's sake how much porceleeeeeeeen have they bought for "garden parties?!" And how many garden parties have they actually held? How much has she even been there this summer?

With SJ it seems the IDEA of buying stuff is more interesting than actually DOING stuff with the stuff.

Reactions: 24
Lalande has enlisted Dana to cook. I hope Dan said NO!!!

@mariewiik1 Instagram stories
1627036254125.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Here's more proof. What's up with the motel art??? Their taste level is very telling.

View attachment 675619

chateaudelabasmaignee
Billy has been out antiquing... He has had his eyes on this painting for the last year at least, he was bound to buy it eventually. Ernest seems to like the new lady of the house. It’s gorgeous, I wonder who the artist is. Any guesses?
#paint #painting #tableau #artist #artistepeintre #chateau #frenchchateau #countryhome #doingitourselves #antique #art
*** BULLSHIT ALERT ***

Teabag and Billy actually think this is an original painting by Vigée Le Brun, or Vigée Le Brune as they pronounce it. Her paintings sell for thousands of euros and their facture is far superior to that of this painting, hence it is highly unlikely that it was painted by her. The work imitates her style and was painted by a lesser known artist. In any case, her paintings are sold at upmarket auction houses, such as the Drouot auction house in Paris, and not in 'antique shops' or brocantes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I apologize in advance. Instagram #'s from yesterday... You can't make this stuff up. 🤪

#chateaudelalande
222664043_1227306537705875_3676975503255867349_n.jpg

#chateaulalande
220137192_1834938296677012_4964579997828101294_n(1).jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
*** BULLSHIT ALERT ***

Teabag and Billy actually think this is an original painting by Vigée Le Brun, or Vigée Le Brune as they pronounce it. Her paintings sell for thousands of euros and their facture is far superior to that of this painting, hence it is highly unlikely that it was painted by her. The work imitates her style and was painted by a lesser known artist. In any case, her paintings are sold at upmarket auction houses, such as the Drouot auction house in Paris, and not in 'antique shops' or brocantes.
If it were Vigée Le Brun, a real antique dealer would have snapped it up within the year it sat at the brocante. It's just more Trotter delusions spewed at the camera.

Here's a much smaller Vigée Le Brun that sold for USD100,000 at Christie's in 2016.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Dawn Butler
Dawn Butler
47 minutes ago
Be careful Michael you don’t get hood winked again. There is a language problem, you live in a Chateau etc. Talented, good looking and vulnerable. I feel Billie misses you as a brother and definitely a helper by the state of the lovely entrance hall with a new baby in the house etc etc. I wish you luck but please no more asking for money from one of your Patreon’s..
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Michael actually hearted this comment under his video premiering tonight. I'm kinda surprised he acknowledged it instead of deleting it

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
*** BULLSHIT ALERT ***

The face of the lady in their painting makes think it's been painted in the early 20th century, copying a 18th century painting.
Clowns !

• Haha
Reactions: 19
That does not appear on SJ's target list.
Wow, I've not seen that list before. Those prices are so over inflated. $15,000 on a downstairs loo ???? $11,000 on Fortuny fabric, $12,000 on bespoke wallpaper in a guest bedroom. She's totally delusional. She's spending champagne money on beer ideas !

Reactions: 20
Last I'll say on MPK, unless it gets REALLY interesting in the coming weeks (SJ must be thrilled we've been so distracted we've almost forgotten about her!) -

It's rich Gwen (I'll call her Melania (Gwelania?) now) is calling people out for being homophobic when her husband publicly, cruelly joked/referred to Michael as the "Christmas Fairy" just a few months ago.
*** BULLSHIT ALERT ***

Elisabeth Vigee Le Brun was signing her selfpotrait with a french flag, hidden somewhere in the picture, which i do not see. Moreover the quality of the paynting does not seem too high if we take a closer look at the lady's right arm...

Reactions: 16
They don't get out much of they're the self confessed mods of the chat on there. Everyone must be shaking in their boots waiting on a message.
Doesn't YouTube have an abuse policy if someone is private messaging? Does having an opinion or chosing to support other vlogs be dictated by those two?
Look at the difference in opinions on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Wow, I've not seen that list before. Those prices are so over inflated. $15,000 on a downstairs loo ???? $11,000 on Fortuny fabric, $12,000 on bespoke wallpaper in a guest bedroom. She's totally delusional. She's spending champagne money on beer ideas !

She is exagerating costs.. I saw somewhere the famous dutchess brisse she bought and the auction closed at 320 euros, non thousands...(just googleing by images) And the Murano chandeliers do not cost more than 1200/1500. The panelliing also was overestimated... The prices of the antiques went down tremendously in the last 2 years unless they are really spectacular pieces. And in Lalande nothing is spectacular..

Reactions: 13
Absolutely agree with you! I now have found a better chateau channel, and they seems made a lot of progress themselves. Both of them are quite good looking too. Thats a plus haha.
There are plenty of better channels to watch. It seems many learn how to provide better content and show actual work being done.
A lot of it originally,was under the guise of Escape to the Chateau DIY, but seems to have turned into more of a lifestyle channel.

I apologize in advance. Instagram #'s from yesterday... You can't make this stuff up. 🤪

#chateaudelalande
View attachment 675667

#chateaulalande
View attachment 675668
WTF?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Those figures are just targets for the Patreon ‘when we get this much, we’ll do this..’ They’re not meant to represent the actual cost of those things.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.