The Chateau Diaries #47 How to succeed in Business without really trying (to work)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is off topic but I found it interesting. This channel (Elysia Engish) has the same number of subscribers that SJ does 148k, SJ has more views on her videos (at least the few I glanced out). Elysia mentions making around $12k a month (what she actually says is google took out $4k in taxes and that is approx 1/3 of the total). That just blows my mind that a fairly small youtube channel makes that much money every month.
I know, it’s crazy right! I watch a channel with 70,000 subs and draws in similar viewing numbers to SJ and in one month she made $8,000 in ad revenue alone. Add in Buy Me A Coffee, suckers sending her Amazon gifts, sponsorship deals, profits selling furniture. Not a bad racket when your content consists of painting furniture, aka ruining mid-century modern pieces. I keep trying to talk myself into going for it, I can paint furniture if people are interested in watching it dry.

Sorry 🤦 I'm 42 weeks pregnant in 28°C heat 🤪...At least I know what I was trying to say. My baby brain to finger neurons won't compute 😂

Looking at a list someone posted of recent patreon targets I also realised that about 70% of the targets were in no way renovations to aid in preserving the actual chateau building. They could either be classed as a decorative, unnecessary extravagances or desired items that would make Steph's personal surroundings more luxurious. Just barefaced greed. Which made my decision to stop contributing all the more warranted 👍
No, no, it’s not you. I’ve seen the list and it’s actually convoluted.

Reactions: 15
Yes, don't go back Cat! Dont waste any more of the summer there. You're young and intelligent, with a great personality. Go live your life to the full.
Yes! Stay Away from SJ’s boring toile fest. I cannot imagine being that young and wasting my best years at that dump. Your twenties are prime time, and if you love men, if you want Attention from Sexy, Hot men for ‘Fun’ company, Lalande is definitely not the place to be. I would NEVER have stayed there. 😘😎 (ah...the memories...🥰)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I know, it’s crazy right! I watch a channel with 70,000 subs and draws in similar viewing numbers to SJ and in one month she made $8,000 in ad revenue alone. Add in Buy Me A Coffee, suckers sending her Amazon gifts, sponsorship deals, profits selling furniture. Not a bad racket when your content consists of painting furniture, aka ruining mid-century modern pieces. I keep trying to talk myself into going for it, I can paint furniture if people are interested in watching it dry.
So crazy! My fav channel to watch is Garden Answer, she has over 1.3 million subscribers, she must be making a million a year, esp with her big sponsorships. I wish I was good on camera, lol! I doubt anyone would want to watch my channel. Of course, Garden Answer also seems to work her butt off. I doubt I could match her work ethic, lol!

• Heart
Wow, I've not seen that list before. Those prices are so over inflated. $15,000 on a downstairs loo ???? $11,000 on Fortuny fabric, $12,000 on bespoke wallpaper in a guest bedroom. She's totally delusional. She's spending champagne money on beer ideas !

Someone posted that document on one of the threads sometime in May. I agree, overinflated. Everything has to be bespoke for the la faux reine!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
In a past vlog, one of the guys did mention €19,000 on Fortuny fabric being spent. And the downstairs loo still isn't operational. Get a grip, Steph...unless you're spending your personal stash....you're grifting. Good thing the co-owners started holding you more to account after that debacle as your spending got so wildly out of control.

This is off topic but I found it interesting. This channel (Elysia Engish) has the same number of subscribers that SJ does 148k, SJ has more views on her videos (at least the few I glanced out). Elysia mentions making around $12k a month (what she actually says is google took out $4k in taxes and that is approx 1/3 of the total). That just blows my mind that a fairly small youtube channel makes that much money every month.
Does this mean that Doing it Ourselves could be bringing in twice that if the content was released consistently 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 8
So crazy! My fav channel to watch is Garden Answer, she has over 1.3 million subscribers, she must be making a million a year, esp with her big sponsorships. I wish I was good on camera, lol! I doubt anyone would want to watch my channel. Of course, Garden Answer also seems to work her butt off. I doubt I could match her work ethic, lol!
I’m subbed to her too. She works hard for the money, that is very true. I’m sure the camera presence becomes natural over time, she is really good on camera and seems really knowledgeable. I usually only watch when succulents are involved because I have a habit of killing mine. You say you doubt anyone would watch your channel, not true. There’s an audience for everything! I mean, we watch a channel where adults splash around in a kiddie pool and stab cheese with knives. The bar is set pretty low. We should just do it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Does this mean that Doing it Ourselves could be bringing in twice that if the content was released consistently 🤔
For sure! If he was putting out as much content as SJ, he could probably double her numbers. Too bad the only thing he’s consistent at is his lack of consistency.

• Haha
In a past vlog, one of the guys did mention €19,000 on Fortuny fabric being spent. And the downstairs loo still isn't operational. Get a grip, Steph...unless you're spending your personal stash....you're grifting. Good thing the co-owners started holding you more to account after that debacle as your spending got so wildly out of control.
They DID!!! ?????? WHEN? Details please!😲😁

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Well, that told him Jimmy! You must have worked yourself up into a real frenzy with that response! 🤣
Chill out Jimmy! Maybe Peter enjoys “hate-watching”, I know I do, how else am I supposed to perfect my eyerolls and confused facial expressions.

• Haha
For sure! If he was putting out as much content as SJ, he could probably double her numbers. Too bad the only thing he’s consistent at is his lack of consistency.
Unfortunately, the man-child is so lazy. This two-part video "surge" is caused by excitement over more money coming in and his new man-toy. Knowing Michael, being consistently inconsistent, the next thing we could expect is, he'll make a few videos, but eventually use his busyness with his relationship with Andresss as an excuse for not making videos, and before we know it Andresssss and he will break up, he will go into an all-time low and will vlog about another truth to ask for more money.

truth bs 1.png
truth bs 2.png
truth bs 3.png

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Also has FRK mentioned on her Instagram ( I can't snoop on hers as I am not setting up an account for myself) when she is leaving???

Since SJ's videos are always last months news....Kat has probably already flown the coop.

Unfortunately, the man-child is so lazy. This two-part video "surge" is caused by excitement over more money coming in and his new man-toy. Knowing Michael, being consistently inconsistent, the next thing we could expect is, he'll make a few videos, but eventually use his busyness with his relationship with Andresss as an excuse for not making videos, and before we know it Andresssss and he will break up, he will go into an all-time low and will vlog about another truth to ask for more money.

View attachment 676099 View attachment 676100 View attachment 676101
Oh totally! He is consistent at being predictable. His begging works, why would he stop?

Reactions: 12
I am at a complete loss with Gwen. I thought she was a well brought up, rich and quite nice girl. I thought the idea was that Billy married her to raise himself and his family to her level. What has happened? She has turned into a common, foul mouthed fishwife. She won't be getting rid of them - she now fits right in.
Absolutely brilliant comment, yesterday I felt sorry for her with a new baby & all the Micheal drama & of course a total stranger has just moved into the chateau who they know literally nothing about. Beyond belief She really has sunk to the Petherick level 🤢

Reactions: 17
They DID!!! ?????? WHEN? Details please!😲😁
I just caught it in a vlog from months ago, might have been around the time she put out the ridiculous "how much it costs to run a chateau" vlog. The co-owners have definitely put the skids on a lot of the wild spending and are asserting themselves more as to changes to the chateau.
Madame was certainly disappointed she didn't get her way with deciding windows vs doors for Nutti's apartment 😅

So she keeps the other $14,000 the loo didn't cost? Is it somehow meant to make them give way over the top of their patreon pledges? Don't they ask what happened to the rest of the money or what these items actually cost? Does she publish accounts for them? Am I being thick?
Be kind ;)
I just think the figures and the actual jobs are unrelated. They’re just targets to act as incentives for people to give more.

If someone really wanted to see new gravel in the courtyard (for some strange reason..) for example, they’d donate to help her reach the $16k target. She’s not saying she needs $16k to do it. They’re monthly figures anyway so I’d hope people weren’t stupid enough to think she needed $16k a month to replace the gravel..

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.