The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tragic Flaw is a most excellent analogy.

"Fame" is a transient commodity and is dependent upon talent, in whatever field, to sustain it.
@Heathcliffe Superb analogy. Tragic Flaw ๐Ÿ™‡โ€โ™€๏ธ
and everything else you said. Love your perspective & articulate wit :)

:devilish: Right..."Get here Michael Petherick!" the lady of Lalande just said in the Cadeaux horror (they got horrid matching mugs), but her body language said "DON'T!" so I now agree with previous suggestions that he has fallen out of favour...she literally squirmed!:LOL: He is not her "best friend":rolleyes:
@Heathcliffe I havenโ€™t watched this yet but for weeks Iโ€™ve been droning on about her lack of mentioning MP ... maybe it was just the Aide Memoire she needed - We all know you read here Stephanie !

There is definitely something amiss in that friendship .... Iโ€™m going to sign off and go have a peep at Gift Grabbers. I may not be back here tonight as invariably that sends me to sleep. More soporific than a sleeping pill ....

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
You put it far more eloquently! I just found trying to get the ingredients for familiar things so frustrating. Now of course I long for French things when Iโ€™m in the U.K.!

I clocked the mon cล“ur! Must have been a first!
Mon Cล“ur !!!! I noticed Stephanie didnโ€™t reply - she obviously didnโ€™t think Isabelle could be talking about her ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ’”

• Haha
Reactions: 6
one more observation and then it's bedtime
every time SJ wants something and she shouldn't get it bc it is not economical she says that someone else wanted it and she just got it for them, it makes her appear thoughtful
even this fleur de lys was for Isabel, the wardrobe was for hanni, etc
dont want to generalize but many women do it but they use their children as excuse, ooo it is because of children, they need it, it can range from new kitchen table to luxury vacation
I have a ex colleague (cover narc as well) who doesnt have children but she has a dog - she wanted X1 so she would feel better about herself so she said that the dog needs the car with more space...

Reactions: 3
The question was asked tonight in the Cadeaux chat. "- Can you please tell which organisations got the donations sofar? " Isabelle and TLOL was online, noone answered

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
2nites GG - I'm waiting for my dinner to cook :mad: and SJ has just mentioned going down a rabbit hole, mummy grabbing the gifts & Phillips truckload of allergies ๐Ÿ˜‚ and its only a quarter of the way through ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I have looked at the latest Chateau Life offering. Beyond belief. Phil and Billy Petherick have come up with an idea for a new channel - wait for it - they are going to visit new chateau owners and give them the benefit of their advice......They then proceed to go on a car journey to one such chateau whilst discussing what advice they would give - they have little idea and conflicting views. Billy says family and friends to help is the number one piece of advice. Phil looks uncomfortable. Phil admits that their presentation in the car is so bad that they know they do not really have any presentation skills and not surprised that Channel 4 TV has not come calling again. We don't get to meet the new chateau owners, (that is for the launch of the new shared channel) but are shown the outside of another which is due to change hands shortly and they are hoping to get in there - but the buyers are blissfully unaware of them as yet. Does this programme format - visiting chateau owners to advise - remind anyone of anything? It is so poor, it is shocking. I cannot see the Strawbridges or the Lalanders shaking in their shoes any time soon. And if I was on the point of buying a chateau, electric, lockable gates would be my priority. Perhaps MP should join them as he is so short of content.

2nites GG - I'm waiting for my dinner to cook :mad: and SJ has just mentioned going down a rabbit hole, mummy grabbing the gifts & Phillips truckload of allergies ๐Ÿ˜‚ and its only a quarter of the way through ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I skipped to the Selmar's new shirt section - and was rendered speechless. What that man has to go through for a few ghastly threads and a mountain of dog chews.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
:devilish: Right..."Get here Michael Petherick!" the lady of Lalande just said in the Cadeaux horror (they got horrid matching mugs), but her body language said "DON'T!" so I now agree with previous suggestions that he has fallen out of favour...she literally squirmed!:LOL: He is not her "best friend":rolleyes:
Ehhhhhhhh LOTL just gave PP a new title
Pile of Alergies aka POA
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ’š

๐Ÿšจ the Oscar goes to ... LOTL ๐Ÿšจ

Awww merciful hour - like WTF
is this Nati s revenge
- she previews all the bounty full gifts ๐ŸŽ

If anyone sent me a desperate caracture of my mother .... and I sat there and laughed on camera ๐ŸŽฅ

โ€œ.... itโ€™s just like sheโ€™s here ... grabbing all the gifts ๐ŸŽ โ€œ

As an only child ๐Ÿ‘ถ steph should be careful mummy can always disinherit!!!!!

Attached the said portraits ๐Ÿคญ

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
See, I didn't see that at all - she looked genuine. I don't think there has been some drastic falling-out, just maybe they're not spending all their time together.

Reactions: 7
SJโ€™s wee thank you moment for Selmar was really sweet.
The Spode travel cup is fab.
And that box of sweets would hit the spot in this house. Havenโ€™t had any British sweeties since long before lockdown 1.
I usually really dislike the gift bonanzas, but tonight was alright.

I love you all fellow CD thread Tattlers, every one of you, old and new, from wherever you are in our wide world, whatever your native language is. You make me chuckle, you make me think, you open my eyes and sometimes make me close them.

And to the vloggers, who we vainly believe (know?) are reading - I respect your willingness to embrace public social media platforms, show us your lives (real, staged, boring, amazing, surprising) and subject yourselves to all forms of commentary.

Even the โ€˜superfansโ€™, who I am perhaps most critical of but realise that are part of this crazy journey also, are brave and surely do what they do with mostly good intentions.

I observe and react from behind the safety of a 2CV, unlike the subjects of our wonder. Kudos.

So then, back to it Tattle team . . .

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
๐Ÿšจ Save PP from Cadeaux ๐Ÿšจ

Even I the hardest critic of pp from the Lande of nostril

This is (yes Iโ€™ve counted ) week 12

Apart from ONE Andre renu CD

Thereโ€™s nothing for PP
Zip
Nada
Zilch

Think Tattle.life should run a go fund me for a gift for PP ... ๐Ÿคญ

First idear ๐Ÿ’ญ ... plane โœˆ ticket home

๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ’š. Discuss ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฆ„

I love you all fellow CD thread Tattlers, every one of you, old and new, from wherever you are in our wide world, whatever your native language is. You make me chuckle, you make me think, you open my eyes and sometimes make me close them.

And to the vloggers, who we vainly believe (know?) are reading - I respect your willingness to embrace public social media platforms, show us your lives (real, staged, boring, amazing, surprising) and subject yourselves to all forms of commentary.

Even the โ€˜superfansโ€™, who I am perhaps most critical of but realise that are part of this crazy journey also, are brave and surely do what they do with mostly good intentions.

I observe and react from behind the safety of a 2CV, unlike the subjects of our wonder. Kudos.

So then, back to it Tattle team . . .
Right back at ya โค

This pic sentiment is for u all

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
It has been mentioned that Stephanie rents her London flat. Has anyone found the info on renting it?

If not, has she shown the exterior at any point? Itโ€™s definitely in a converted Georgian terrace house. But which one I wonder?
I lived in Angel, Islington for many years, curious to know if she was a neighbour.
This must be it.

B172F4AD-2305-4E68-A651-6973082D4A4E.jpeg

C11B36B9-4132-41C9-B1B1-1C1A87E07520.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
@Seeingitasitis 'Does this programme format - visiting chateau owners to advise - remind anyone of anything?'
Yes, Homes Under the Hammer ๐Ÿ˜‚ Cockney wide boy and all

The question was asked tonight in the Cadeaux chat. "- Can you please tell which organisations got the donations sofar? " Isabelle and TLOL was online, noone answered
I wonder if there is any money left for charity after they have paid the import taxes for boxes that do not have gift written on them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Of course, how could I have missed it! ๐Ÿ˜†

Seriously though, we know thing for sure. Stephanie doesnโ€™t slum it.
From what Iโ€™ve seen from the vlogs, itโ€™s fully renovated inside and possibly on the top floor. Curious to see how sheโ€™s decorated it.

I know a lot of you donโ€™t like Stephanieโ€™s interiors, and sometimes, yes I wonder what the hell is she is doing. But I like that sheโ€™s a rule breaker and takes design risks.
In todayโ€™s Cadeaux at the Chateau she clarified that the Marquisโ€™s apartment isnโ€™t decorated yet ๐Ÿ˜‰ thanks Stephanie. We were mystified in this forum about the hodge podge decorating scheme going on there!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Selmar Baby, just slip some Spode under the tree, for me.
Been an awful good girl, Selmar baby,
And tango down to my room tonight.

Philip honey, an 1854 cocktail tray, silver grey
I'll wait up for you dear, Philly baby,
And scurry down to my room tonight.

Think of all the fun I've missed,
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed,
Next year I could be oh so good,
If you'll check off my Chateau list.

Patreon honey, I wanna lake, gotta 15 year thirst to slake
Been an angel all year, Patreon baby,
Make my water feature dreams tonight.

Goatman cutie, there's one little thing I do need, not cheese
And not a mash pastry dish, Goatman cutie,
Warm my lady oven tonight.

Baron Baby, please fill my stocking, les Cles, s'il vous plait
A Venetian Pied ร  terre, Baron Bรฉbรฉ
So hurry down my chimney tonight.

Come and trim my Christmas tree,
With some decorations bought at Tiffany's,
I really love Limoges Porca-layne
Letโ€™s see if youโ€™ve bought me some again

Mason honey, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring.
I don't mean on the phone, Mason honey,
So hurry down to La Lande tonight

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Ehhhhhhhh LOTL just gave PP a new title
Pile of Alergies aka POA
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ’š

๐Ÿšจ the Oscar goes to ... LOTL ๐Ÿšจ

Awww merciful hour - like WTF
is this Nati s revenge
- she previews all the bounty full gifts ๐ŸŽ

If anyone sent me a desperate caracture of my mother .... and I sat there and laughed on camera ๐ŸŽฅ

โ€œ.... itโ€™s just like sheโ€™s here ... grabbing all the gifts ๐ŸŽ โ€œ

As an only child ๐Ÿ‘ถ steph should be careful mummy can always disinherit!!!!!

Attached the said portraits ๐Ÿคญ

I had to unsubscribe from that tacky gift giving channel. It's just too much cringe for me to handle. I still have a hard time believing that Stephanie never got any presents from her mother growing up. She seems to have no problem with gifts from strangers.

• Haha
I have looked at the latest Chateau Life offering. Beyond belief. Phil and Billy Petherick have come up with an idea for a new channel - wait for it - they are going to visit new chateau owners and give them the benefit of their advice......They then proceed to go on a car journey to one such chateau whilst discussing what advice they would give - they have little idea and conflicting views. Billy says family and friends to help is the number one piece of advice. Phil looks uncomfortable.
Billy is actually handsome and I hadn't noticed before this video. Maybe because he's seated next to the most repugnant condescending creep I have ever voluntarily watched. Billy, if you're reading this; it's a terrible idea. Go alone. Take one of those cute dogs with you.

Well...ask the American fans. Not me.
For the record, this American isn't a fan of cake, so I paid very little attention to that episode. Cake's do figure heavily in these channels, and I was surprised so many people were talking about the cake. I'm more of a pie person myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.