The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh ohh:rolleyes: why am I not surprised? Asking for ideas!?!:rolleyes: The little sod is just not fond of hard work! Our lady Stephanie works hard to find interesting things to show her subjects, takes them to hotels, shows them cooking, dancing, bits of history, parties, renovation, interviews, etc, she uses her imagination because she knows she struck gold with this Youtube crowd. Michael Pethrick just want people to give him things and do things FOR him, he can't even be arsed to think of something to film for his patreons. He has bought all the toys, cameras and drones (paid for by American fans), now he is bored and just wants MORE for doing NOTHING. He has batted his eyelashes, done his tricks, but seriously people will want more than that long run. He is not cut out for the role he has cast himself in, not for lack of humour or talent, he is just...a bit lazy. He will waste every opportunity, it is so frustrating to watch...I feel like his dad. I keep being reminded of Shakespeare and the Tragic flaw. For those who have not heard about it, Tragic Flaw is a literary device that can be defined as a trait in a character leading to his downfall, and the character is often the hero of the literary piece. I don't actually think he will realise he's wasting the opportunities before they are no longer there, and he is a chubby old queen with nothing to show for his name. :devilish: Unlike Queen Jarvis & her Barons...
For him to outright admit that he has no ideas for content is confirmation of what I have known all along.

Everything that comes out his mouth his absolute horse-tit - all the times he's made up some bogus "factoid" on the spot to try and sound knowledgeable and pseudo intellectual always had me in fits of laughter at his ridiculousness.

Never has there been a better example of "The Emperor's New Clothes".

Begging Boy has finally been revealed for what he is - a boring, lazy, one dimensional, one trick pony.

An empty vessel.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Must be a cultural difference. 😉
Because I always read comments here or on YouTube about flirting at Lalande, especially when there are new men around (goat farmer, Georgian cook, and others I don't remember the names just now).
And each time for me, it's just not flirting but normal relationships between men and women.
Must be Latins / Slavic versus Anglo-Saxons 😂
Good point and thanks for pointing out the cultural perception of flirting! I'm most definitely stuck to the Asian culture of not showing too much affection, to the point that SJ stating Isabelle not buying her presents as a gift did not faze me as much :ROFLMAO: (wait, what does this say about my childhood.........)

Michael just answered a common his video from last week that he will post a new video but not today (Friday) because he's got no interesting footage at the moment and he wouldn't want to post a boring video as he did too many times before.
😲
Wow ok, that's a huge proclamation. If it is stated that way, seems like the comments on his own vlog (and here if he reads?) may be getting to him.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
For him to outright admit that he has no ideas for content is confirmation of what I have known all along.

Everything that comes out his mouth his absolute horse-tit - all the times he's made up some bogus "factoid" on the spot to try and sound knowledgeable and pseudo intellectual always had me in fits of laughter at his ridiculousness.

Never has there been a better example of "The Emperor's New Clothes".

Begging Boy has finally been revealed for what he is - a boring, lazy, one dimensional, one trick pony.

An empty vessel.
Poor Michael Trotter. Run out of ideas? Spare me! Very inconvenient when you have ‘patrons’ who are looking for actual content. No wonder he is favoring GoFundMe and BuyMeaCoffee; donations rather than sponsorship. It’s OK though - Ma Petherick to the rescue with an implausible explanation, “concentrating on artwork”.

048D4BB0-E3B0-4FE5-8F2D-3868BF7E476D.jpeg

E8648E1E-3322-47BE-A3AD-166A48E42C6E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Trotter Boy hasn’t come in terms with his mediocrity. His vlog will improve 100% when he drops his facades. That Michael we saw in Lalande a year ago needs to come back. Now he’s too self-aware, too obedient for the non-existent “how to do a perfect YT-video”-rule book that he’s managed to drain all relatability and emotion out of his vlog. Even Pa Trotter seems hilarious and interesting beside him. It’s just a boring documentary of building a gardener’s cottage, he hasn’t filmed anything interesting for a long time. He’s totally forgotten his main audience is middle aged women, he doesn't like this fact, but he hasn't got any street credibility with a younger crowd or DIY men.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Even Pa Trotter seems hilarious and interesting beside him. It’s just a boring documentary of building a gardener’s cottage, he hasn’t filmed anything interesting for a long time. He’s totally forgotten his main audience is middle aged women, he doesn't like this fact, but he hasn't got any street credibility with a younger crowd or DIY men.
Perfectly put. I get glimpses of Dad as a handsome and charming younger man, and he doesn't seem so affected by the camera being there. Sometimes I wonder why they don't just dig around for old photo albums when they run out of content. Selmar does. I guess that puppy will keep the middle aged women on board though. It's another long-haired chihuahua and I'm here for it.

• Haha
I almost feel sorry for MP, he really does seem so lost in general and this YT success has, I think, made him focus on just short term pointless goals. What happens when, or if, the gardeners cottage is finished? Maybe he plans to go around the place renovating other things for Billy and Gwendoline! Seems a bit of a lonely life for a young single person.

Reactions: 15
It has been mentioned that Stephanie rents her London flat. Has anyone found the info on renting it?

If not, has she shown the exterior at any point? It’s definitely in a converted Georgian terrace house. But which one I wonder?
I lived in Angel, Islington for many years, curious to know if she was a neighbour.
I have searched and searched in the past and again more recently. There is not a single interior that matches hers. It’s a basement flat I think and has a pink courtyard (Flat B). TV above radiator cover, grey fireplace, yellow door, yellow silk curtains, quirky, colourful. No door to kitchen, white with beech worktops and dark mosaic tiles. Artwork everywhere... Only slightly obsessed 😉 She may have taken it off of course. I would have in her shoes. We won’t be the only ones looking.

I had to unsubscribe from that tacky gift giving channel. It's just too much cringe for me to handle. I still have a hard time believing that Stephanie never got any presents from her mother growing up. She seems to have no problem with gifts from strangers.
That’s probably why she loves them so much!

??? Context?? What does?
Some people think Hihellohowr31 is BG...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
I have searched and searched in the past and again more recently. There is not a single interior that matches hers. It’s a basement flat I think and has a pink courtyard (Flat B). TV above fireplace, quirky, colourful. Archway to kitchen, white with beech worktops and dark mosaic tiles. Artwork everywhere... Only slightly obsessed 😉 She may have taken it off of course. I would have in her shoes. We won’t be the only ones looking.

That’s probably why she loves them so much!

Some people think Hihellohowr31 is BG...
Wonder if Hanni is continuing her Single White Female theme and staying in SJ’s London Flat.....

• Haha
MP's the most boring person in his own vlog, shouldn't things revolve around him? Now he's the invisible cameraman filming his father and Sean.

Wonder if Hanni is continuing her Single White Female theme and staying in SJ’s London Flat.....
You're clever! Yes, Hanni is staying there.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Trotter Boy hasn’t come in terms with his mediocrity. His vlog will improve 100% when he drops his facades. That Michael we saw in Lalande a year ago needs to come back.
That person never existed, it was always just a reflection of SJ's vivacious personality onto a one dimensional stooge. As soon as she is removed from the scene - Poof! The illusion exposed. Smoke and Mirrors.

Same for everyone who has tried to set up a channel on the back of her success.

She's like the Sun - everybody looks bright and shiny in her orbit, but when the Sun goes down you realise they are all just fragments of rock and space dust aimlessly floating in the black nothingness.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
That person never existed, it was always just a reflection of SJ's vivacious personality onto a one dimensional stooge.
After the cottage is done, he and Billy just take turns filming each other moving the lawn.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
??? Context?? What does?
I must be losing it! I am sure I read a very nasty post about this thread. Sounded so much like what BG would rant about but when I just went to read it again it was no where to be found. Is this site monitered? Could have been removed. Either that or I am going crazy.

Reactions: 5
I must be losing it! I am sure I read a very nasty post about this thread. Sounded so much like what BG would rant about but when I just went to read it again it was no where to be found. Is this site monitered? Could have been removed. Either that or I am going crazy.
It may well have been removed. Posts can be reported to admin. I just read the ‘rules’ for Tattle (boring I know), but they do prohibit nasty comments about posters or topics in general (also some interesting rules around respecting the privacy of forum subjects, careful June’s Journeyers).

After the cottage is done, he and Billy just take turns filming each other moving the lawn.
And collecting the broken Range Rover from across the countryside.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Literally, you've just captured the very essence and sum total of what the Pethericks have to offer.

They are bland mediocrity personified.

• Haha
  • Heart
Secret Santa, Dear Brenda style. Escape to De Lalande (unOFFICIAL) page is asking everyone who entered to hand over their email address and includes a handy complete listing of all 50 participant’s names. “Your secret is safe with us!” o_O

6C8D5C27-C0A4-4A68-8744-F54970A59372.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
I love you all fellow CD thread Tattlers, every one of you, old and new, from wherever you are in our wide world, whatever your native language is. You make me chuckle, you make me think, you open my eyes and sometimes make me close them.

And to the vloggers, who we vainly believe (know?) are reading - I respect your willingness to embrace public social media platforms, show us your lives (real, staged, boring, amazing, surprising) and subject yourselves to all forms of commentary.

Even the ‘superfans’, who I am perhaps most critical of but realise that are part of this crazy journey also, are brave and surely do what they do with mostly good intentions.

I observe and react from behind the safety of a 2CV, unlike the subjects of our wonder. Kudos.

So then, back to it Tattle team . . .
since you thank everyone so nicely, I think you forgot to mention your patreon :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It is interesting how people see things differently. The way I saw it, he made straight for her on his arrival, told her it was like meeting a famous person, flirted outrageously to the point SJ asked him straight out his intentions and he admitted his interest. When filming, the agenda was Cat to film as if the camera was a silent observer and instead, Levan directed all conversation to Cat, leaving SJ to one side. Sure Cat enjoyed the attention - and it couldn't happen to a nicer girl. I hope they have swopped phone numbers and that she will be doing some volunteering at his Amsterdam restaurant. You can decide for yourself whether I mean volunteering as a euphemism.
It was definitely a SJ,left out session,funny!

Reactions: 2
Of course, how could I have missed it! 😆

Seriously though, we know thing for sure. Stephanie doesn’t slum it.
From what I’ve seen from the vlogs, it’s fully renovated inside and possibly on the top floor. Curious to see how she’s decorated it.

I know a lot of you don’t like Stephanie’s interiors, and sometimes, yes I wonder what the hell is she is doing. But I like that she’s a rule breaker and takes design risks.
In today’s Cadeaux at the Chateau she clarified that the Marquis’s apartment isn’t decorated yet 😉 thanks Stephanie. We were mystified in this forum about the hodge podge decorating scheme going on there!
it is not that I don't like it, it is fun in a way, I just don't get the esthetic of it
its like a puzzle, I am trying to find some predictors and common denominators of what to expect next, or why the previous stuff is there, but so far she buys anything outrageously expensive, collectible, antique (something that would have value if restored - nothing wrong with that) but it just doesn't go together
if you take the pieces and put them in different homes than it would make more sense, some of them you should get rid of altogether (there is a lots of kitsch and I dont mean the gifts)
so far to me it is not design risk (I really wanted itto be) but more like no taste of spoiled girl (it is all brands all value some memorabilia - we bought it somewhere with my father... but no coherence or style)

this brings me to the thought since she has home in London and one in SA, she still might restore the manor till she finds a baron, till the patreon money flows, till the naive volunteers put the work in, then sell it and make a serious buck on it as was the original plan

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
:devilish: Right..."Get here Michael Petherick!" the lady of Lalande just said in the Cadeaux horror (they got horrid matching mugs), but her body language said "DON'T!" so I now agree with previous suggestions that he has fallen out of favour...she literally squirmed!:LOL: He is not her "best friend":rolleyes:
I been trying to work out what happened.But yes no longer happening!

Spot on. I have been questioning exactly this point for a while now ... just no references to him at all - not even a casual mention of his name for weeks now. It particularly threw up a red flag for me when SJ said she’d be ‘doing the advent calendar with Phillipe’ ... no ‘sorry you won’t be seeing Michael this time’ attached to that throwaway remark .... and then again no mention of him in connection with the bedroom that she assigned to him (for new decorating project) when SJ mention Nati moving in there - albeit temporarily. It’s as if Stephanie is going to gently (or otherwise) airbrush Michael Petherick from her inner circle. Also no reference ever again to their Chateau Excursion channel .... i know there’s lockdown but it seems to have died a death.
I also feel a slight frost emanating from Isobel towards Michael ... it’s barely discernible but it’s there ...
Thanks,glad I'm not alone!I picked it up when she first said she was collecting him after the lockdown.Im sure he stayed less time than was planned.Also when his mom collected him,she was angry with SJ.SJ,gave him a piles of cloth as a compensation gift!

Actually I don't think she likes anybody. Selmar, Ian 1+2 and Dan are ok as long they do some work she benefits from. But I feel she won't miss Marie, Philip, Tomaz or even Nati. Marie does work but then it is only cooking to feed the volunteers. Putting some flowers in a vase she can do herself once a week. Nati is polite and all, but only because SJ considers her very organized and hard working because she does the boring desk job it does not mean she is superwoman. Opening the parcels and answering some emails is not overwhelming work and she can do it all dressed up. If French emails or business correspondence come in she still can't answer them. Or answer the phone. It would be more reasonable to hire a French person from the village. But then that's not their thing😊
My feeling is that the Oxford set are her friends.Everything else is fluid.
I think they do have a say,as they are co owners.Which affects some plans,is MP, situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.