The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couple of observations from the cheese boat episode (gave me indigestion just watching that amount of cheese eaten so late at night😮)
-How cross did Maries ‘onion‘ chopping sound at the start of the vlog!
-I noticed there was now a tea towel divide on the kitchen table compared to the previous Georgian food vlog. Boundaries, boundaries!
-Marie probably miffed as both of the dishes Levan cooked she can’t eat😟
Ugh glad I’m not the only one who couldn’t handle the food in that episode, it made my mildly lactose intolerant stomach turn. I stopped watching after 5mins.

All that gluten and cheese must have had Philip running for the hills!

I did however scroll to the 20min mark.....there’s no way that was an accident.

Hi Isabelle, if you’re reading, I think you’re totally lovely, entertaining and only a little bit scary 😊 please get Stephanie to update us on how you and Dan are prepping the garden for winter

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think we have to accept that SJ as a demi-Brit living abroad that she is going to take a lot of ‘home’ with her. It’s not a rebuff of French life it’s just what she’s used to, the familiar, even though she’s lived there for many years. I know this is going to get flack but I lived on the other side of the world for a very long time and every Christmas Day the oven would go on and we would stand and sweat in our shorts cooking a full Christmas dinner in 30 degree heat. The vlogs don’t pretend to be how to live life the French way, we just voluntarily watch SJ live life her way (warts and all) and then dissect everything in minutiae😀
Absolutely! In France I’ve learned to go with the flow and live seasonally and according to what’s available in French supermarkets. Favourites (Marmite) or must-haves at normal prices (Cream of Tartar) I stock up on when in the UK...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
For everyone asking, this is brenda gibbons!!!
Awesome super sleuthing!!! OMG, how on earth did you find this? o_O Also good to see that my comedy chatelaine photo of her was not far off the mark

It certainly looks like Tattle doesn’t it? Who has the pale green, white ‘L’ pic? Of course Isobel could be perusing any of the other threads on Tattle but let’s go with monitoring this thread, all the way!

We need a code-word, phrase or action for a Lalande ‘cast member’ to utter or do so that we know they are reading us. Suggestions? Something like place one plate upside-down on a table setting . . .
Stir a cup of tea and tap the spoon twice on the side of the cup

If Isabelle is reading tattler then she is going to learn very quickly about the perils of the internet.

Good Morning Isabelle. Don't change yourself because you read something here. Check out Jennie Mai's mother on 'Hello Hunnay with Jeannie Mai' on YouTube. Their dynamics are hilarious too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Been silently reading on this site and happy to see the funny/problematic/weird side of CD and SJ. Btw has anyone mentioned the very flirtatious conversations b/w Kat and Levan? Definitely something there. She was practically throwing herself on him. Still like her.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Couple of observations from the cheese boat episode (gave me indigestion just watching that amount of cheese eaten so late at night😮)
-How cross did Maries ‘onion‘ chopping sound at the start of the vlog!
-I noticed there was now a tea towel divide on the kitchen table compared to the previous Georgian food vlog. Boundaries, boundaries!
-Marie probably miffed as both of the dishes Levan cooked she can’t eat😟
btw what do you think about those table divisions? I find them odd, I must say that SJ is quite patient bc at the end it is her house

as I understand it, there is a thin line between them and it is difficult to navigate it, because from what I see - SJ is manipulating them into thinking that they are friends/possible love interests, so they do stuff for her, in a very invisible/covert way (abnormal amount of compliments - always work on men, they just do not think that someone who gives them compliment cannot be serious; or "poor me" rescue me narrative) but then there is her, her house, her time, her "real" friends, her mother, which is separate from volunteers and suddenly you find yourself preparing food for her personal guests or tidying their rooms, god forbid any of them gives you more attention than to SJ!,

I believe that Tomas didn't get this, I remember the look SJ and mother gave him when we went downstairs to say hello to camera when they were filming, he said that people asked him to come down to say hello, but the looks were obviously telling him that this is their video and he is not invited to participate;

I also believe that Cat didnn't get this memo yet or she is fighting it as a revolting teenager but I still wonder when this will become her detriment

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
@SableOnBlonde I actually think Isabelle is very scary! Someone said on here that she rules ‘like an iron fist in a velvet glove’. I would personally discard the velvet glove bit!! Maybe a gardening glove at a pinch?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
As a big fan of cheese and egg (I love to eat the local [cheap cheese] version in the form of 'roti prata'), the latest vlog made me salivate intensely!! The previous dumplings episode was okay, even though I adore the Chinese xiaolongbao, because the dumplings were enormous.

Agree that Isabelle must be a very scarily formidable character in real life. I wouldn't be surprised if she were on here to be honest, regardless of her age. She was afterall the head nurse (?) with the NHS where she had to oversee everything that goes on in her department. I'm just glad it's online where we don't have to actually face her real-life wrath.

I can hardly imagine 80 yrs old lady reading a thread about something else on tattle ...
I think I was onto something by my posts about possible infiltration bc many profiles for this thread appeared in october and then I read on the fist thread that this thread appeared in the comments of YT video and someone with SJ nick commented on 1 Oct, so by assumption they already infiltrated around that time
Huh, does it actually matter if a "superfan" "infiltrates" from YouTube? Both parties can snip and snark at each other here, which can get quite entertaining. There are people who may have only minor comments to make, and this forum doesn't belong to extreme snarkers does it?

p/s: Damn I realised I joined on Oct 3rd! I think I'm one of the infiltrators [I did come from a YT comment!!!]? I remember a number of new posts commenting that some parts of the Unwrapped episodes were making them uncomfortable though. Doesn't mean infiltration as much as increased side-eye-ness from general fans.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@burnrave Even those that don’t want to comment are welcome it’s not an exclusive club. Some people are happier just observing, happy in the knowledge they are not alone❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
As a big fan of cheese and egg (I love to eat the local [cheap cheese] version in the form of 'roti prata'), the latest vlog made me salivate intensely!! The previous dumplings episode was okay, even though I adore the Chinese xiaolongbao, because the dumplings were enormous.

Agree that Isabelle must be a very scarily formidable character in real life. I wouldn't be surprised if she were on here to be honest, regardless of her age. She was afterall the head nurse (?) with the NHS where she had to oversee everything that goes on in her department. I'm just glad it's online where we don't have to actually face her real-life wrath.

Huh, does it actually matter if a "superfan" "infiltrates" from YouTube? Both parties can snip and snark at each other here, which can get quite entertaining. There are people who may have only minor comments to make, and this forum doesn't belong to extreme snarkers does it?
that raw egg gave me salmonella just by watching it,

an interesting parallel with the overseeing nurse :)

I think everyone is welcome as long as they let others live

Reactions: 10
Good Morning Isabelle. Don't change yourself because you read something here. Check out Jennie Mai's mother on 'Hello Hunnay with Jeannie Mai' on YouTube. Their dynamics are hilarious too.
Oh , as well, we would like to know which charity's the gift grab has donated to. May I suggest this www.smilefoundationsa.org. At the end of the day you do live an extremely privileged second home life in one of the most fraught countries in the world.

an interesting parallel with the overseeing nurse :)
She is a typical old school matron. I bet there would be no mrsa or cv-19 on Isabelles ward.
She should join the WHO or the 5 eyes. One withering stare from her will make winnie the pooh wish he had never unleashed cv-19 onto the world.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Been silently reading on this site and happy to see the funny/problematic/weird side of CD and SJ. Btw has anyone mentioned the very flirtatious conversations b/w Kat and Levan? Definitely something there. She was practically throwing herself on him. Still like her.
Fabulous thought it was just me
Kat was decidedly pink of face when checking out his rear view whilst his head was being singned in the oven covering his ass with the cardboard
With A giggle 🤭 she looked at camera 🎥 and stated ....

Hardly stop me from observing 😝😝😝

God I adore 🥰 kat

As for mamas June diary’s reading
Videos are 2 weeks behind ... no pun intended

Prince Philip of the nostril
Knew of his handle here .....
🦄💚🦄

Reactions: 5
Levan and Selmar are flirty girtys, but hey, they come from / live in sexy land
1606128244811.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Why would Cat be flirting with a gay guy? Wasn't he there with his partner?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Interesting. Levan does not strike me as being gay.
Not that this is an definitive marker but he also mentioned his child.

Oh, and seriously La La Lande, get your :poop: sorted with the bread oven. In lieu of a pair of bellows use a blow pipe and where was MPotts face mask. That smoke is seriously acrid.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Oh, and seriously La La Lande, get your :poop: sorted with the bread oven. In lieu of a pair of bellows use a blow pipe and where was MPotts face mask. That smoke is seriously acrid.
We have gone down the rabbit hole haven’t we? Cat flirting with a gay guy, who may not be gay. An over abundance of cheese. Mummy’s Tattle habit. And we haven’t mentioned Billy Trotter’s latest effort, Range Rover towing Range Rover (even their vehicles are in the UK bubble), Billy basically blaming Gwendoline for continuing to drive the broken Range Rover lemon which he probably bought (should have got a 2CV...)

And good point about the bread oven safety. What is it with these chateau collectors and lack of basic safety measures? Do Fortnum & Mason stock first-aid kits?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I think we have to accept that SJ as a demi-Brit living abroad that she is going to take a lot of ‘home’ with her. It’s not a rebuff of French life it’s just what she’s used to, the familiar, even though she’s lived there for many years. I know this is going to get flack but I lived on the other side of the world for a very long time and every Christmas Day the oven would go on and we would stand and sweat in our shorts cooking a full Christmas dinner in 30 degree heat. The vlogs don’t pretend to be how to live life the French way, we just voluntarily watch SJ live life her way (warts and all) and then dissect everything in minutiae😀
Agree with @c'est la vie here - I don't see it as a rebuff to French life at all - I think people just do what's familiar. I've lived abroad also and a bit like SJ, I mainly went with what I knew whilst still trying to embrace the local ways. All the other expats I knew were the same - they would travel a long way to get ingredients that they needed to cook things from home with whilst eating the local food too.

I'm glad Dan and Annalise won Brenda's competition even though nearly all the other competitors withdrew! And how lovely are their neighbours who provide so much practical support with their renovation - what a great community they have there which they appear to have integrated into really well. I loved that the woman over the road just popped off and came back with a fork lift to move their heavy tile delivery :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
something skipped me, the Georgian guy is gay? I don't think so, he was flirty flirty with Cat, but sure wasn't reactive towards high pitched laughter of SJ, actually, he doesn't pay her too much attention and she is so puzzled by it it is funny to watch.

Last edited:

Could also be bi. They were flirting in the 1st video he appeared in as well. (I think Halloween party video)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Gosh, Stéphanie was so PROUD to introduce her baron as a "real aristocrat", it was even embarrassing for her !
Now, it's clear that her dream is not only to live in a chateau 😂
I won't comment on Isabelle's appearance in her bed with her little girl's voice saying to her daughter Merci, Mon coeur 😕 beurk.
WHILE reading this (no doubt of this) tattle.life thread. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.