The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This has been the vlog that has kept on giving! My attention was mainly drawn to the fact that, with all that china choice, could there not have been a more appropriate vessel to showcase the magnificent khachapuri than the teeny side plates? Something oval? Even a good old-fashioned dinner plate would have been miles better...

Reactions: 11
no raw eggs here, I am no Rocky

editer herself out? with all that orgasmic 🍆 hmmm, I think she rather gave up

so they dropped only the Michaels but not the princess? maybe that's the rift?
Could still get dropped, Petherick did after the filming took place. At least SJ had the sense to film what was going on so she could show in more detail, after airing like the wedding last year.

I actually think she's way more savvy than shows on camera, I've had a manager and regional, manager who on first meeting them you'd wonder how someone that ditsy/ disorganised could hold that position, but my god they knew exactly what was going on at all times

I'm glad Dan and Annalise won Brenda's competition even though nearly all the other competitors withdrew! And how lovely are their neighbours who provide so much practical support with their renovation - what a great community they have there which they appear to have integrated into really well. I loved that the woman over the road just popped off and came back with a fork lift to move their heavy tile delivery :ROFLMAO:
Ssssssshhhhh......it was a poll not a competition!!!!!😂😂😂😂😂
Not sure what the difference is, both have winners!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Totally agree with your savvy comment @emay. Similar experience. She should not be underestimated. I actually liked her observing Levan rather than performing. She looked supremely intelligent. Levan’s attention was largely on the camera. Cat just happened to be holding it, non?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This has been the vlog that has kept on giving! My attention was mainly drawn to the fact that, with all that china choice, could there not have been a more appropriate vessel to showcase the magnificent khachapuri than the teeny side plates? Something oval? Even a good old-fashioned dinner plate would have been miles better...
Oh oh I see a trip to the brocante and/or expensive porcelain shop to purchase a specific plate to showcase said khachapuri

Good on Isabelle for reading through our Tattle! That’s the only way they’ll get any form of constructive criticism. What’s the saying- ‘keep your friends close but your enemies tattlers closer’ Not that I think in any way we are the enemy🥰 but couldn’t think of a better way of describing our ongoing interest/support/microscopic investigation.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
🦄🦄💚 thought the same myself when I saw the red post ....

The tide wouldn’t take donegal Brenda out
She’s some neck 🤣🦄🦄
Never use one word when 500 will do!

Does anyone else here not watch her Sundays at the Chateau? They seem more like commercials than anything else. I love her usual vlogs but I’ve had to stop watching Sundays as I just can’t seem to sit through them. Wondering if I’m alone in this?
I like the Sundays vlogs,the Georgian coolery,visits etc interesting.

Reactions: 8
Highly improvised cooking tools, next round of cadeaux.

[/QUOTE]
Oh god yes! Stand by for the arrival of sets of antique bellows!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They've recently renovated the entrance hall/room, but it was also filmed for ettcdiy, she can't show any footage until its been aired on c4, I'm sure she's said there'd been something else done too but wouldn't say what until that had aired as well
Thanks, I tlooks like they just put a new wallpaper on the entrance hall though. During the tour she showed some empty stables in real bad conditions which she wanted to turn into apartments, one for Gerry.

Reactions: 3
Michael just posted on patreon that he got a new puppy and asked for name suggestions. He has to write 600 Xmas cards and will send every patreon 2 prints of him. He asks for ideas for videos since he has no own ideas right now.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Exactly, my parents live in France and have done for nearly 10 years, before that holidays for 20+ years, but most of my mums cooking is still English. We get shopping lists from her whenever we visit, although its getting smaller year by year as they find French alternatives or as with this year....learn to live without!!!!

They also have a majority of English friends but like Stephanie very isolated, their village has about 10 houses in it and not all occupied, no shops/bars/cafes to meet locals in
Who said she shouldn't cook British dishes in France ? Not me as I do the same where in live most of the time.
What was said was that American fans don't know the difference between European countries traditions/cooking and that dear Stephanie didn't make it clear enough that she was cooking an English Christmas cake (even though she mentioned that her recipe came from a certain Delia I-dont-know-who cookbook.).
If they read this thread, they must have understood by now that they need to be more precise when they speak of cooking 😂

Reactions: 6
Been silently reading on this site and happy to see the funny/problematic/weird side of CD and SJ. Btw has anyone mentioned the very flirtatious conversations b/w Kat and Levan? Definitely something there. She was practically throwing herself on him. Still like her.
It is interesting how people see things differently. The way I saw it, he made straight for her on his arrival, told her it was like meeting a famous person, flirted outrageously to the point SJ asked him straight out his intentions and he admitted his interest. When filming, the agenda was Cat to film as if the camera was a silent observer and instead, Levan directed all conversation to Cat, leaving SJ to one side. Sure Cat enjoyed the attention - and it couldn't happen to a nicer girl. I hope they have swopped phone numbers and that she will be doing some volunteering at his Amsterdam restaurant. You can decide for yourself whether I mean volunteering as a euphemism.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think Cat may be out of luck, Levan clearly only has eyes for his khachapuri (and yes we have all now clocked the totally inappropriate Spode thanks to @La Brocanteuse 👏)
Thank you @C’est la vie! Part of the pleasure of having such a large collection surely comes from being able to use the right dish for the job. I collect ‘raviers’ (hors d’œuvre dishes found abundantly in places like Emmaüs) and they are brilliant for croissants, avocado on sourdough etc., and would be perfect for khachapuri!

Attachments

Reactions: 12
It is interesting how people see things differently. The way I saw it, he made straight for her on his arrival, told her it was like meeting a famous person, flirted outrageously to the point SJ asked him straight out his intentions and he admitted his interest. When filming, the agenda was Cat to film as if the camera was a silent observer and instead, Levan directed all conversation to Cat, leaving SJ to one side. Sure Cat enjoyed the attention - and it couldn't happen to a nicer girl. I hope they have swopped phone numbers and that she will be doing some volunteering at his Amsterdam restaurant. You can decide for yourself whether I mean volunteering as a euphemism.
Volunteering meaning not getting paid for... Whatever? 😂🙄🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Michael just posted on patreon that he got a new puppy and asked for name suggestions. He has to write 600 Xmas cards and will send every patreon 2 prints of him. He asks for ideas for videos since he has no own ideas right now.
Oh ohh:rolleyes: why am I not surprised? Asking for ideas!?!:rolleyes: The little sod is just not fond of hard work! Our lady Stephanie works hard to find interesting things to show her subjects, takes them to hotels, shows them cooking, dancing, bits of history, parties, renovation, interviews, etc, she uses her imagination because she knows she struck gold with this Youtube crowd. Michael Pethrick just want people to give him things and do things FOR him, he can't even be arsed to think of something to film for his patreons. He has bought all the toys, cameras and drones (paid for by American fans), now he is bored and just wants MORE for doing NOTHING. He has batted his eyelashes, done his tricks, but seriously people will want more than that long run. He is not cut out for the role he has cast himself in, not for lack of humour or talent, he is just...a bit lazy. He will waste every opportunity, it is so frustrating to watch...I feel like his dad. I keep being reminded of Shakespeare and the Tragic flaw. For those who have not heard about it, Tragic Flaw is a literary device that can be defined as a trait in a character leading to his downfall, and the character is often the hero of the literary piece. I don't actually think he will realise he's wasting the opportunities before they are no longer there, and he is a chubby old queen with nothing to show for his name. :devilish: Unlike Queen Jarvis & her Barons...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Michael got a puppy!! 😍 does the fact that I hoped for a puppy for him in the last thread mean he’s reading here too? Baby animal content is the answer to any boring channel. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Can you imagine that Agent Isabel and the princess would use this forum as a review/rating source to know which volunteer/protagonist to keep and who to let go? Like it is done when filming reality TV?

They are for sure not using this as a source of constructive criticism - they are both thinking too highly of themselves to do so, the roles are reversed and we are observed as a little microcosm?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh ohh:rolleyes: why am I not surprised? Asking for ideas!?!:rolleyes: The little sod is just not fond of hard work! Our lady Stephanie works hard to find interesting things to show her subjects, takes them to hotels, shows them cooking, dancing, bits of history, parties, renovation, interviews, etc, she uses her imagination because she knows she struck gold with this Youtube crowd. Michael Pethrick just want people to give him things and do things FOR him, he can't even be arsed to think of something to film for his patreons. He has bought all the toys, cameras and drones (paid for by American fans), now he is bored and just wants MORE for doing NOTHING. He has batted his eyelashes, done his tricks, but seriously people will want more than that long run. He is not cut out for the role he has cast himself in, not for lack of humour or talent, he is just...a bit lazy. He will waste every opportunity, it is so frustrating to watch...I feel like his dad. I keep being reminded of Shakespeare and the Tragic flaw. For those who have not heard about it, Tragic Flaw is a literary device that can be defined as a trait in a character leading to his downfall, and the character is often the hero of the literary piece. I don't actually think he will realise he's wasting the opportunities before they are no longer there, and he is a chubby old queen with nothing to show for his name. :devilish: Unlike Queen Jarvis & her Barons...
I agree with every word. I really do not know why he did not explain to his Patroens that the gardener's cottage would not be finished by Christmas (why does it have to be?) and explained this would free him up to make better content. He could have gone to SJ and done the Christmas Diaries, which is what so many of both their fans would have enjoyed and they could have put them on both vlogs. In addition, other ideas for vlogs cannot be that hard, surely. How about having some driving lessons and reporting on that? How about some cooking or a make up demonstration or just chatting whilst showing some drawings, or show the plans for the bespoke kitchen and ask viewers for input. I have completely given up with him. his vlogs and his begging bowl.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.