The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you watch from 5.06 SJ is having a laugh in the back kitchen then she realises the filming has restarted (possibly without her...) there is an imperceptible flick of the head and SJ performer is back🥳 I was more intrigued by what was making her laugh so much off camera?!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
something skipped me, the Georgian guy is gay? I don't think so, he was flirty flirty with Cat, but sure wasn't reactive towards high pitched laughter of SJ, actually, he doesn't pay her too much attention and she is so puzzled by it it is funny to watch.
I'll wager my bottom dollar he isn't.
He's known SJ for years. Suspect she is too high maintenance for him. He seems very earthy as does Kat.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If you watch from 5.06 SJ is having a laugh in the back kitchen then she realises the filming has restarted (possibly without her...) there is an imperceptible flick of the head and SJ performer is back🥳 I was more intrigued by what was making her laugh so much off camera?!
they have another Cinderella hidden inside the back kitchen, you can see her unedited from 3:32 apparently afraid to get out when they are filming/or just being there, maybe she needs to use servants' tunnels only

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm annoyed I still have to witness Princess Philip in the vlogs, so I am continuing my personal campaign against him.

Enjoy this intensely awkward music video featuring our (least) favorite Lalander:

Why oh why haven't you left yet Philip? Is your career still floundering? Need the social media boost? Want some of that Jarvis jazz to rub off on you? I see you still have only 82 subscribers on YouTube :ROFLMAO:

Only people who are beautiful, or have real talent, have a real chance at ever becoming famous.
and my dear Philip, you have neither :coffee:
I actually like it, seems like a fun sommer song. It was even a number 1 hit for a while there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Gosh, Stéphanie was so PROUD to introduce her baron as a "real aristocrat", it was even embarrassing for her !
Now, it's clear that her dream is not only to live in a chateau 😂
'Now, I ain't sayin' she a gold digger
But she ain't messin' with no broke'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
He’s a good looking guy ...
Hardly surprising ..... doesn’t stop you from admiring the view 🤭🥰
You can see him in action around 2.38 😋

I'll wager my bottom dollar he isn't.
He's known SJ for years. Suspect she is too high maintenance for him. He seems very earthy as does Kat.
Not earthy enough since he was shy about the sex joke

Gosh, Stéphanie was so PROUD to introduce her baron as a "real aristocrat", it was even embarrassing for her !
I won't comment on Isabelle's appearance in her bed with her little girl's voice saying to her daughter Merci, Mon coeur 😕 beurk.
WHILE reading this (no doubt of this) tattle.life thread. 😂
It seems heating is still not on since she is in a robe in bed. Why don't they just heat with a electric heater for a while? At least the bedroom at night? Sure a bit expensive but they splurge on so many other things.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Agree with @c'est la vie here - I don't see it as a rebuff to French life at all - I think people just do what's familiar. I've lived abroad also and a bit like SJ, I mainly went with what I knew whilst still trying to embrace the local ways. All the other expats I knew were the same - they would travel a long way to get ingredients that they needed to cook things from home with whilst eating the local food too.

I'm glad Dan and Annalise won Brenda's competition even though nearly all the other competitors withdrew! And how lovely are their neighbours who provide so much practical support with their renovation - what a great community they have there which they appear to have integrated into really well. I loved that the woman over the road just popped off and came back with a fork lift to move their heavy tile delivery :ROFLMAO:
You put it far more eloquently! I just found trying to get the ingredients for familiar things so frustrating. Now of course I long for French things when I’m in the U.K.!
I won't comment on Isabelle's appearance in her bed with her little girl's voice saying to her daughter Merci, Mon coeur 😕 beurk.
WHILE reading this (no doubt of this) tattle.life thread. 😂
I clocked the mon cœur! Must have been a first!

• Haha
Ugh glad I’m not the only one who couldn’t handle the food in that episode, it made my mildly lactose intolerant stomach turn. I stopped watching after 5mins.

All that gluten and cheese must have had Philip running for the hills!

I did however scroll to the 20min mark.....there’s no way that was an accident.

Hi Isabelle, if you’re reading, I think you’re totally lovely, entertaining and only a little bit scary 😊 please get Stephanie to update us on how you and Dan are prepping the garden for winter
And please let her renovate another room. On the grand tour she showed us so many projects. Why waste time repainting a room in purple when so many rooms need to be done?

Could also be bi. They were flirting in the 1st video he appeared in as well. (I think Halloween party video)
Ahh this explains a lot. I remember. Finally some fun for Kat

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You can see him in action around 2.38 😋

Not earthy enough since he was shy about the sex joke
than check 3:23 one smile for Cat

and 6:26 princess is trying so hard with orgasmic 🍆🍆🍆 and still nothing

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Agree that Isabelle must be a very scarily formidable character in real life. I wouldn't be surprised if she were on here to be honest, regardless of her age. She was afterall the head nurse (?) with the NHS where she had to oversee everything that goes on in her department. I'm just glad it's online where we don't have to actually face her real-life wrath.
And this in times when woman couldn't make a career so easily. It seems she was even superior than Stephanie's dad? He was also a nurse but you never hear her say that he was in a leading position.

Pseudo palace style?
SJ's decoration / interior design isn't of any particular style other than a mixture of antique & vintage references. The genteel 19c English country house meets Versailles. A blend of French and English historic notions.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: wtf, the page refreshed and this greeted me.
I went to Glastonbury once and picked an elder branch from the hill going up to the tor. I am now Dumbledore!
Actually! MP is an expert at everything. Amazing! must be his mate.

Randy goat ;)

👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️

@sandro37 (got timed out!)
did you see his video, halloween, dressed up as Kiss, singing a love ballad to ... Dana K?
it was hilarious. Why, just why would you put that on youtube :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 320671View attachment 320674
Thanks

Also watched the Georgian cooking episode. Holy indigestion with a side of salmonella indeed. Leave a door open in the bread oven room or add secondary air from the outside. Highly improvised cooking tools, next round of cadeaux.

If you are reading this slurp out of your fleur de lys soup bowl. I am counting on you Selmar

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I thought the unidentified lady in the video next to the bread oven was with Friso the Baron, and did not want to be on the video. Also assumed Stephanie was just poking fun at him with pointing out his title, especially when he came back with the beheading joke. Would be more in line with her brand. He did help from the start with the bread oven, so it was only polite to give him the first piece that came out of it?

On the salmonella: Wait, do you guys not eat half-cooked eggs? Or eggs that cook slightly from the heat of other sources (like piping hot soup or cheese)? Genuine question.

I agree that Kat and Levan were totally flirting! With Kat behind the camera and asking Levan plenty of questions, SJ totally edited herself to take a backseat in this flirting thing that was going on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I thought the unidentified lady in the video next to the bread oven was with Friso the Baron, and did not want to be on the video.
It was Andy whose watercolor-paintings Stephanie had to show in one vlog (and Andy was obviously not enthusiastic about that).

Reactions: 10
I thought the unidentified lady in the video next to the bread oven was with Friso the Baron, and did not want to be on the video. Also assumed Stephanie was just poking fun at him with pointing out his title, especially when he came back with the beheading joke. Would be more in line with her brand.

On the salmonella: Wait, do you guys not eat half-cooked eggs? Or eggs that cook slightly from the heat of other sources (like piping hot soup or cheese)?

I agree that Kat and Levan were totally flirting!
I start to feel like a stalker and I didn't even pay attention and skipped a lot in this video (because like many of us I have a real life outside of tattle) but let me pull my surveillance footage

so even better is when SJ is left out at 24:54

and the lady can be seen at 17:00 and I thing she belongs to this other gentleman

Reactions: 1
I thought the unidentified lady in the video next to the bread oven was with Friso the Baron, and did not want to be on the video. Also assumed Stephanie was just poking fun at him with pointing out his title, especially when he came back with the beheading joke. Would be more in line with her brand. He did help from the start with the bread oven, so it was only polite to give him the first piece that came out of it?

On the salmonella: Wait, do you guys not eat half-cooked eggs? Or eggs that cook slightly from the heat of other sources (like piping hot soup or cheese)? Genuine question.

I agree that Kat and Levan were totally flirting! With Kat behind the camera and asking Levan plenty of questions, SJ totally edited herself to take a backseat in this flirting thing that was going on.
The lady besides the bread oven was Dana. I even thought she didn't look very happy. Or maybe I another woman. Anyway I wasn't thinking of the baron for Stephanie's dreams of chateau and titles 😂

Re. the baron. I'm speaking of the little break in the video when Stephanie explained who was the baron etc. Of course, the man himself joked about it. They all do it. That's an aristocratic trait when they're with the simple mortals.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
And please let her renovate another room. On the grand tour she showed us so many projects. Why waste time repainting a room in purple when so many rooms need to be done?

Ahh this explains a lot. I remember. Finally some fun for Kat
They've recently renovated the entrance hall/room, but it was also filmed for ettcdiy, she can't show any footage until its been aired on c4, I'm sure she's said there'd been something else done too but wouldn't say what until that had aired as well

no raw eggs here, I am no Rocky

editer herself out? with all that orgasmic 🍆 hmmm, I think she rather gave up

They've recently renovated the entrance hall/room, but it was also filmed for ettcdiy, she can't show any footage until its been aired on c4, I'm sure she's said there'd been something else done too but wouldn't say what until that had aired as well
so they dropped only the Michaels but not the princess? maybe that's the rift?

Reactions: 3
I think we have to accept that SJ as a demi-Brit living abroad that she is going to take a lot of ‘home’ with her. It’s not a rebuff of French life it’s just what she’s used to, the familiar, even though she’s lived there for many years. I know this is going to get flack but I lived on the other side of the world for a very long time and every Christmas Day the oven would go on and we would stand and sweat in our shorts cooking a full Christmas dinner in 30 degree heat. The vlogs don’t pretend to be how to live life the French way, we just voluntarily watch SJ live life her way (warts and all) and then dissect everything in minutiae😀
Exactly, my parents live in France and have done for nearly 10 years, before that holidays for 20+ years, but most of my mums cooking is still English. We get shopping lists from her whenever we visit, although its getting smaller year by year as they find French alternatives or as with this year....learn to live without!!!!

They also have a majority of English friends but like Stephanie very isolated, their village has about 10 houses in it and not all occupied, no shops/bars/cafes to meet locals in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.