Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
Good morning all, I'm out of my bed even though it's a super king and could host a party :ROFLMAO:
Yep the cold can be challenging, I've only ever lived in big old draughty houses, a lot with single glazing and was born in a Georgian style house built in 1861 so I completely appreciate keeping warm. My top-tip for SJ is to wear cashmere / wool and invest in a pair of sheepskin slipper boots.
50 odd hours a week editing is work, no matter how enjoyable it is and as SJ has said herself she is more productive at a desk/table. The volunteers were right to stage an intervention. Out of the mouth of babes as they say .. They see it, they hear it and they did something about it.

Kat seems lovely - she seems able to nurture and support but in a fun way - would definitely have her in my team
Natti - should go far in life. She's organised, focused, great people skills and a funky dancer
Marie - needs! a clear space to prepare the myriad of dishes she seems to regularly create but is perhaps not the sharpest tool in the box :m
Phillip - he sure did upholster the sofa extremely neatly. He should start working on the bedroom walls in preparation for the wood edging. The boy has patience and a good eye for detail.
Selmar - a man after my own heart, well except for his kiss solo rendition but by god I thought it was hilarious, so a win win all round
Mandi - simply does not want to be on camera - each to their own - I've spent many years having creative successes but have avoided many a video / photo. Hasn't harmed my career at all.
Hanni - bless her, she could do worse than looking up to SJ and being inspired by her
Stephanie - an engaging natural fire cracker who will of course be successful or else we wouldn't be here chatting about CD and all it's dynamics

Gosh, have I started bedgate :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1605697366747.png

Interesting photo for all those who question the reality :ROFLMAO:

1605697869003.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

ChrissyNH

I see nothing weird in her relationship with her dad. Sure, once people are dead you see only the good- that's a usual phenomenon. And on you tube nobody would speak bad about a deceased one. But I feel they had a loving relationship, sad thing is you don't see those many times anymore. Only Few people in Europe live with their parents in their adult life because it is considered weird. Which I find sad, people are missing out there a lot.
[/QUOTE]
Totally agree. I also think that the way she tolerates her mother’s idiosyncrasies is greatly to her credit. Generally I think Isabelle has mellowed but she does sometimes say rather negative things or disparage what SJ is doing and Stephanie is always very good natured in the way she takes it (on camera at least!). But also, with the best will in the world it can be very hard as a parent not to talk to your (adult) child like they’re a kid again. We are witnessing all this so its not surprising it sometimes seems strained or a bit odd. But mostly I see a child you loves her parents.

frenchessence

Chatty Member
Something happened between SJ n MP.It happened between her picking him up from Basimer,whatever and his mom collecting him.
I think something was found out.Its why I found here.Alot of denial but I've watched the slow removal of MP from the picture with interest.
I never felt Isobel liked him.
Spot on. I have been questioning exactly this point for a while now ... just no references to him at all - not even a casual mention of his name for weeks now. It particularly threw up a red flag for me when SJ said she’d be ‘doing the advent calendar with Phillipe’ ... no ‘sorry you won’t be seeing Michael this time’ attached to that throwaway remark .... and then again no mention of him in connection with the bedroom that she assigned to him (for new decorating project) when SJ mention Nati moving in there - albeit temporarily. It’s as if Stephanie is going to gently (or otherwise) airbrush Michael Petherick from her inner circle. Also no reference ever again to their Chateau Excursion channel .... i know there’s lockdown but it seems to have died a death.
I also feel a slight frost emanating from Isobel towards Michael ... it’s barely discernible but it’s there ...

• Heart
  • Wow

PeacockQueen

Feigning connection to Lady Jarvis

Seeking personal data to harvest

The Donegal Grifter is living her dreams

Hawking tawdry toiles and Pyramid Schemes

Her greedy appropriation sure ain’t Marxist!

• Haha
  • Heart

Calvignac

No worries, you just came across a bit too aggressive and bitter. This thread is also about live, love and laughter ;)
Nobody's denying SJ is ambitious, adolescent, attention seeking princess, who thinks her life is fabulous and superior to normal lives. She's vlogging about her life, for goodness sake, aren't these qualities fundamental? She's a great hostess, people person and entertainer, there's no doubt about that. Her flaws contribute to her interesting, a bit too much personality. In many ways her life is a charade and her castle a folly, it's infuriating how she decides not to see realities or act according common sense, but it's an essential part of her charm. Let's try to keep the conversation light and entertaining :)
Sorry to disturb but I really didn't think @sandro37 was aggressive and bitter. Come on ! What was said is what everyone thinks about SJ. Only difference is that Sandro 37 expressed it in a clear and honest way.
You would wonder if this tale.life thread has not become another "official" whatever fan page.

• Heart
  • Haha

MojoDublin

VIP Member
Ohhhhh Brenda Brenda Brenda 🚨🚨

I went deep 🦄 honorable mention to
Vic ave - it’s rumbling along over in the official chateau diaries 😎🦄🚨🚨

Stop 🛑 the lights .... it goes on ... and ... on

am dumpster diving for the “spat” that occurred with LOTL PA
Asking “where she was getting her info from .....”😝😝😝

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
@SableOnBlonde I actually think Isabelle is very scary! Someone said on here that she rules ‘like an iron fist in a velvet glove’. I would personally discard the velvet glove bit!! Maybe a gardening glove at a pinch?

• Haha
  • Heart

ChrissyNH

I absolutely loved the dancing in the kitchen section. And for me, Selmar and Philip dancing together was a highlight. Cat and Nati dancing was also good fun - Cat really strutting her stuff. I love these people. I know I will be unpopular and criticised for saying that I actually really like Philip. For me, there cannot be enough footage (except the cadeaux channel is not for me). May the dancing never stop,
You’re not alone@Seeingitasitis. I don’t have a problem with Philip either. He’s always helpful, polite and respectful. I don’t quite get why people have such a problem with him but clearly there’s something in him that irritates some people. Hey ho. Different strokes etc

• Heart

witchgrass

VIP Member
I feel attacked by this. :ROFLMAO: Going a little OT, but a friend I only really know online just moved out of town, and she asked if I wanted a collection of out-of-print books her elderly aunt collected about our hometown. I said yes, and only 15 of the books are about our hometown. I'll need to go through the other 5 boxes of books she left on my porch and decide what to keep. She also left a mounted pronghorn antelope from a local bar that just closed after 70 years, an avocado tree and a leather chair. I inherited every single piece of furniture in my house, or it's a hand me down I said yes to. I've also had two yard sales in the last three years.

The amount of gifts they receive really is kind of stressful, and I hope they either stop altogether if the amount of views don't benefit charities, or redirect and figure out an angle. Like useful or already framed gifts in context and private thank you notes. Pleas for charity donations instead of gifts. Selmar could use some backup turtlenecks for woodworking and Diesel has enough treats. I understand why people give heirlooms with stories to the house though. People sell whole houses full of heirlooms when someone dies because they aren't collectors, or they don't cook. It makes them feel good to know it's somewhere fun. I should probably ship this antelope head to Lalande. Our local population of pronghorn antelopes just recently recovered from colonialism.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Zebraaah

VIP Member
totally respect the dark haired lady who was renovating her chateau on her own. She visited SJ with a friend once and chatted in the kitchen with hot water bottles. She was on ETTCDIY but there is no way I will remember her name.
Fiona! She was amazing!

(First time posting here -am so glad I've found similarly obsessed people. Who aren't mad...)
Ok I have a question - who was David at Lalande? Was he a friend or a work away. There is no way he was an ex lover.

• Heart

chillijam

Not as much as it annoys Ian being filmed by him while being asked stupid questions🤣🤣🤣
Imagine that going on for months!!!

• Haha

frenchessence

Chatty Member
One fan, Two fans, Red fan, Blue fan.
Black fan, Blue fan, Old fan, New fan

This one has a little Page.
This one has a little wage.
Say! What a lot of fan outrage.

Yes. Some are crazy, and some are sane.
Some are fancy and some are plain.

Some are sad, and some are glad,
And some are very, very bad.
Why are they sad and glad and bad?
I do not know, go email Lalande.

Some are admins, some just follow.
The admin one is a bit hollow.

From there to here,
From here to there,
Funny fans are everywhere.

Here are some who like to run.
They run silly polls, just for fun.

Oh me! Oh my! Oh me! Oh my!
What a lot of ‘craic’ goes awry.

Some give five bucks, some give four.
Some give many gifts, some give more.
Why do they give? I can’t say.
But I bet they all want to come and stay.

We see them fawn, we see them defend.
Some are real. Some pretend.
Some have the card that Stephanie penned.

Not one of them is really ‘OFFICIAL’.
Don’t ask us why, it’s superficial.

(with apologies to Dr. Seuss)
You are the Official Tattle Lalande Poet Laureate !

Very clever and funny. Congratulations on penning a poem with fact and froth . Delightful to read.

• Heart

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
I have seen Thanksgiving episode now, a fun vlog(y)🍷🥮 I could not see Selmar as sad, just happy and grateful. I don't think Stephanie is someone he has a romantic interest in, but they clearly work well as a team and he has a real place there, has become a very useful character who fits in well with what he brings to the table both socially and with his skills. He has a future there. A big place like that needs a lot of people, and if he stays I am sure Nic and Michael Potts also are very grateful for that. I am sure he gets on like a house on fire with those two as well. Nati also clearly has a place there, a future if she wishes to. The person who seems to not have a future there is Marie. She looks like she feels that too now, she knows she is moving on soon and she sees the other ones being so settled. I think she might have thought previously that she might have a future at Lalande, so perhaps she is disappointed with how the milkbottle business have not taken off, how Stephanie is favouring other people's company, and how there are plenty of other people who can do her bit in the kitchen when she is not there...she is not indispensible, and I think it really shows now. She probably feels a bit lost, now knowing what the future will bring...I should take her out for a meal when she arrives back in London, but that would make me a mad stalker and my wife might object 😉 I hope Marie finds her way...sometimes one door open when another one closes, and I think she ought to close the Lalande door now. Cat should stay for a while I think. For young Phillip this is a bit of a "finishing school", he is probably learning a lot and growing. Now then, we need more characters don't we? Christmas should add a bit of drama and people.

• Heart

Rory

VIP Member
I'm not a patreon. I have enjoyed her vlogs immensely. However familarity can breed contempt and there are complaints on the videos comments by people who send presents. This is when it all starts, fans are so invested they lose a bit of common sense. I don't want this cadeaux business to ruin the production of the other vlogs.

• Heart

Mand

I see that you didnt get the point, the point was that SJ said that she never received anything from her mother ... so I called it out
becuase in fact she did, she is just yet again deep in the rabbit hole
I think we've already established earier in the threads that the "no gifts" thing was a bit misunderstood, and that she actually said that as a child she never received birthday presents from her mother.

• Heart
I like Cat. I agree completely with her summary of the movement of the junk. Nothing EVER seems to leave the chateau! We watch the stables being cleaned and organised, then a few months later it looks like a dumping ground again. The laundry room quickly reverted to its original state post Tomaz. I’m far from a minimalist myself☺ but even I look at some of the rooms and corridors and think what a load of junk! I bet when everyone’s gone to bed SJ is down by that pile of stuff destined for Emmaus, picking through the ‘treasures’ and putting them in another room.

Im relieved that SJ wasn’t left alone to walk back to the chateau at dusk....😉

Last edited:
  • Haha