Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

frenchessence

Chatty Member
I think the point being made here is that Stephanie has never known what is a hierarchy (and I'm not speaking of Mummy and Daddy), colleagues (and not a Gerry or a bunch of often very young volunteers), strict working hours (not speaking of lying in bed until noon for your work either) and real goals (not making money to restore your dream rural chateau).
Nobody said that Stephanie was lazy. Just living in... La La Land and thinking that life can be hard (for the others).
We like Chateau Diaries videos. But we have to be lucid too 😉
We may possibly all have differing opinions on what makes up a ‘working day’ & many undertake roles that are not defined by a 9-5 routine, but I agree completely with what you say here. Indeed SJ is not lazy & I’ve no doubt she spends hours editing/filming, but as you said, being Chatelaine of La Lande, whiling away hours sleeping till noon, when the majority of workers have to be up at the crack of dawn & work in jobs that barely cover a basic, mundane lifestyle (AND they are doing it under someone else’s orders) can in no way compare to the delightfully charmed life of Mademoiselle Jarvis. How many people in are able to swan around, making their dream life come true ? She is incredibly lucky & fortunate in so many ways. We all enjoy watching SJ restore her castle but we shouldn’t for one single moment believe this Make-Believe 45 year old Disney Princess
I found it rather strange for her to say it was rather wingy getting up and working at a desk? Serioulsy? I don't think it was an intervention I think people were getting annoyed by it. As for Marie ohhhhing and awwwing over flowers that was a bit much last night. Cat is a gem, she's trying to get everything organized which should have been done years ago. It looks like the anitques road show threw up in there.
*The Antiques road show threw up in there !* 😂😂😂😂 Wish I’d said that :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

ChocLili

Just reading the online news. Some interesting articles today . . .

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...n-to-me-is-there-a-polite-way-to-refuse-gifts

07177640-0896-45BA-84EE-9AF93066A459.jpeg

F’rinstance, I understand the romance of the restoring the lake but surely repairing the crumbling tower ceiling and the rendering of outside walls is vital work. Or even installing some effective back-up heating would be understandable. Yet she wants to splurge the Patreon funds (I’m not a Patreon btw) on wooden panelling (seriously ?) or create a Platform Française - painted ceiling in the Grand Salon, a room which already looks charming, well, it leaves me incredulous. If the Patreon funds dry up, which surely over time they will, she may regret not using them a little more wisely. Then again, I have a feeling that Stephanie Jarvis’s rather glamorous bohemian lifestyle will never really run out of money. There will always be someone, somewhere willing to step-up and support a pretty, charismatic chatelaine in distress :)
agree with everything, just one think came to my mind, if I will look at it from business perspective and if my goal is to sell it for profit, I might want to "stage" few most important rooms to give a glance of how it might look like for a future investor and basically sell him this bohemian dream with crumbling tower becuase he will be blinded by too many ornaments in the grand salon

I also found Marie pretty annoying in the Georgian food vlog. The splitting the table in half 'joke' is wearing thin and her attitude was bordering on rude. The chef's cooking was creating content for a whole vlog, who knows how much £££ that creates in terms of ad revenue?

I think SJ is sometimes too relaxed and the extra characters forget it's her house! And equally if they're using the kitchen to film, then surely the dished produced can be used for dinner with some cheese and crackers or something. No need for lots of petulant sulking.
today I am so sleep-deprived after tattle marathon that have so many wicked ideas which I need to share,
again as I was reading some of you already pointed the same thing as I was thinking but I am thinking now even further and have a theory:

marie is paying rent for her room (and possibly food is her own since she cannot eat much anyway) but the studio might be "paid" in exchange for her cooking. Now, when she realized, that she made a bad deal, she is like, "if you want me to cook for your lazy ass, earn you money by showing my work and my skills as a protagonist on your reality show without proper pay, freez out in the cold stable, not having the time to do my vlog (the only thing why I agreed to endure all this), than at least make an efing space on the table!"

• Haha

PeacockQueen

Prince Philip, with such intense effort he

Pursued his love, Lady Jeopardy

Despite being half her age

And his fabulous work on the stage

In her fur coat and knickers he’ll never be

• Haha
  • Heart

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
I wonder if SJ started editing in bed because it's so cold in the chateau in winter. I do think some of you are being rather unkind, I love how she doesn't mind us seeing her as she is, warts and all
She probably did but we have just had exceptionally good weather this year. I like to vent spleen sometimes. Many apologies.
I do not wish to be unkind but her volunteers have pretty much said the same. It is unhealthy both physically and psychologically. SJ said herself that she is more productive at her desk and I'm sure she will be more organised, congruent and on the ball. She should try getting dressed as well, it will help with her focus making the division between slumber and productive action.
I like to scratch the surface to see what is hidden beneath or has been swept under the carpet. Everything to do with £17k a month.
I love her vlogs for many reasons.

• Heart

chillijam

We seem to have gone from general banter and comments about the channel and the vlogs to some quite personal comments.
Sadly I agree with this. The interesting thing about these threads is hearing the different opinions. We can't all agree, and shouldn't, that would be boring, but we should agree to disagree. With respect. No need for personal attacks at all. For example I find Philip simpering and annoying. Others like him. All good.

• Heart

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
Oh dear , Donegal is doomed. Seems like she has tried to lure Selmar to be a part of her gang, and he was saved last minute. When the competition she organised appeared he wrote "how exciting!" on his own facebook page. Well, he's been alerted now it seems. Funny how people have turned on Kat (she can take it) she was right in telling Stephanie to stop hoarding junk. Stephanie did a bit of "subtle begging" on the gift channel, she now wants napkin rings, silver I presume. Watch my word, they will soon start appearing. Not sure about the looks Kat gives Marie at times, but for all I know Marie might be really annoying to be around for a long period of time. They are a bit like the looks Phillip gets from Ian when he films him. How are things on the boring channel? Anything on the Trotters we need to know? Enjoy your day everyone, weekend is near.

• Haha

NotAChatelaine

VIP Member
Kats the only voice of reason with all that clutter - hardly princess behaviour! She's not sucking up to SJ like little P all the time, he doesn't seem to do anything except play with fabrics now and again. Kat's actually getting properly stuck in and getting things done on her own.
The volley of flack being aimed at Kat in the comments says a lot about the people making those comments...not in a good way.

• Heart

Calvignac

Spot on. I have been questioning exactly this point for a while now ... just no references to him at all - not even a casual mention of his name for weeks now. It particularly threw up a red flag for me when SJ said she’d be ‘doing the advent calendar with Phillipe’ ... no ‘sorry you won’t be seeing Michael this time’ attached to that throwaway remark .... and then again no mention of him in connection with the bedroom that she assigned to him (for new decorating project) when SJ mention Nati moving in there - albeit temporarily. It’s as if Stephanie is going to gently (or otherwise) airbrush Michael Petherick from her inner circle. Also no reference ever again to their Chateau Excursion channel .... i know there’s lockdown but it seems to have died a death.
I also feel a slight frost emanating from Isobel towards Michael ... it’s barely discernible but it’s there ...
A slight frost from Isabelle towards Michael ? I would call it North Pole 😂
It's obvious. She can hardly hide it.

• Haha

chillijam

Am I wrong or was even Nati kind of mean towards Marie and making fun of her? What was this gras picking and "there are even flowers"?
I noticed that too, definitely a little dig. Can't really blame Nati though, Marie's 'florals' have had me scratching my head for a while. And then she sits there holding a bunch of weeds.....

• Haha
  • Heart

Seeingitasitis

VIP Member
Anybody can spend their money however they choose I don’t have a problem with that......
What I do have issue with, and this is why I stopped watching ads etc is that SJ has very expensive tastes and those tastes are just everyday bits and bobs to her (regular champagne, expensive gins, Cire Trudon candles to name but a few). Yes she films videos for YouTube but it’s a free to view platform which is why she initially ‘took off’. When she ‘asks’ for funds to help her restore her home and then spends her own money on in my view luxuries, that is what I struggle with. If I have work needed on my home I don’t buy a fancy candle and show all and sundry and then hope someone will fix my front door.
I absolutely respect, and see your point of view. Youtube is a free to view platform and you are perfectly entitled to watch it, ad free, without guilt or expectation. I am sure Stephanie would agree. However, she has monetised her channel, as do many others, initially to put towards the chateau and now, as she has Patreon, to use as salary for her vlogging, not by charging you but through ad revenue. Many people cannot or do not want to contribute to Patreon, but do want to help SJ and so even just watching the ads increases revenue and some are prepared to do this. The more money she makes, the more she can do at the chateau, or away from it, and this improves content. Most of the luxuries you mention come from gifts - the gin, the champagne. She does splurge on clothing and hotel rooms - and we get to watch her wearing it and staying in them. But it is not excessive. In any case, every time you watch a newsreader on the BBC you are indirectly supporting them via your TV licence. Each time you watch an ITV programme, the ads you watch are supporting the dramas etc. It is no different, in my view, that SJ gets a salary from ad revenue and provides entertainment in return. We do not ask Stephen Fry what he spends his personal salary on, or how many freebies from companies or gifts he receives. And believe me, it will be plenty. Personally, I cannot get enough of The Chateau Diaries and so tend to defend SJ and anything to do with her. I am not so generous about some of the other chateau owners / vloggers, and believe me, it is rare I do not agree with every witty criticism levelled on here about them - so bring it on.

• Heart

Espe

VIP Member
Lurker here but have been watching CD for a while now. Did anyone else notice how, in one of the premieres, someone made 3 or 4 donations and then kept complaining that they hadn't been properly acknowledged? Then, right at the end, the peson boasted that she had donated more than anyone else that evening as if it were a competition, really crazy! I applaud LOTL's abilities, especially her skills at makig curtains, producing entertaining content. etc. but the OTT fakery is getting to me and the histrionic mocking tones she uses so often.

I agree she needs to do a vlog explaining that she is grateful for all the gifts but that it has to stop now. Whatever she may say about her father's early life, she is extremely privileged and spoilt and could quite easily live without any more porcelain or clothes, she has enough to last a lifetime. She is very acquisitive and seems to have a compulsive shopping habit. I would not send money or gifts to someone like that, especially at the current time when so many have lost jobs, etc., and are struggling to put food on their tables. She could encourage those gifters to give to charities instead. Also, in my day, volunteers worked for needy causes! Having said that, I am as fascinated as everyone else watching the vlogs and the characters in what is becoming a soap opera!

• Heart
  • Haha

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
Thank you to the Tattle New Threaders!

I have found - using information freely available on't internet so not a covert operation breaching cyber security protocols - Brenda's house. Actually, I wouldn't normally do such a thing as it is invading privacy, even it's the easiest thing in the world to find. BUT I feel that Brenda's controlling manipulation of circumstances and her intent so questionable that my inherent hesitation has been supplanted by the barefaced cheek of this woman.
Very good! Nice abode, but I would definitely improve on the gate. A woman of her stature should have Big lions on each side & a grander entrance. She is after all as good as a Chatelaine by proxy.

• Haha

Rory

VIP Member
I agree re stopping the present sending if she can. It would be more charitable if this Christmas she asked people to donate just the intended postage amounts to charity for 6 months. Set up a funding page for a charity and celebrate all fans contributing to a goal. That would unite her fans and also aid her brand. I mean how many aprons, coffee cups, napkins do people expect them to use?

• Heart
Was there a hint in SJs cake recipe........she mentioned there were no nuts so it was ok for Nic to eat(✔) but no mention of all the citrus in the mixed fruit mix so either P won’t be around at Christmas or she’s not bothered about catering to his allergy(✔)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
I can imagine she heard about us because Marie or Nati told her. Then she had a quick look and decided not to check in regularly because why would she bother and waste time. She is self confident enough to let it be. She once mentioned that somebody photoshoped her face on a naked body and posted it on Facebook and that she left it for the whole world to see that people can do such things.
Also she knows if some really heavy stuff would go on here the other girls would tell her soon enough.

Yeah, pets are like family members. But he just needs to make a decision to free up time once a week and post something and stick to it. Fans would be happy to see him having breakfast and chat along. Or having a live q@a is not too much trouble. But who knows. Let's see what happens once the cottage is done. Christmas could provide for lots of content but then he might say it is family time and cameras needed to be off.

That's why I would love to see her in a opera.l performance. There must be some videos from the times when she was studying. Even as students they have performances
On one episode of The CD several months ago there was an opera company at Lalande and LOTL got invited to take part, singing the role of Susannah from The Marriage of Figaro. I thought she had a beautiful voice.

• Heart

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
Have to agree with the above, I found myself saying "for God's sake get out of bed!" Be an adult and sit at a desk to work...though I sounded like my mum :oops: there...and if I was there with her I would stay IN bed with her. She sleeps till noon as well and whinges about having to walk for half an hour, I am torn. Hard to fancy someone who sometimes acts like my 12 year old daughter:unsure: Anyway, she sits at a desk now, so all is forgiven. Kat was spiky towards Marie today and the new girl (we will be nice to her) looked like the camera was a wild boar. Those glasses to stick in the soil were ridiculous.

• Haha
  • Heart

Nina Rose

Bonjour all ! Can anyone clarify from last nights vlog .... I noticed SJ said Nati is moving her desk to the upstairs bedroom that ‘Nic used to stay in’ ... I watched this when I was half asleep so I hope I’m correct here . Isn’t that the bedroom near to SJ’s that was supposedly ‘MP’s room’ when he stays & the bedroom they were going to grandly revamp for him and has anyone noticed there has been no reference to MP for ages ... even when she spoke about the Advert Calender she didn’t reference him - just said she’d be doing it with Philip, nor was there a mention about the bedroom nor previous plans for it. Even if this is a temporary move for Nati, this seems a little odd. I know there is lockdown and travel can’t take place, but she often gave a mention to Michael in previous vlogs . It’s my thought that LOTL is rather impetuous .... her excitement takes over any rational planning - f’rinstance, we haven’t heard anything further of the MP/SJ Chateau Vlog Channel (as if that suggestion never took place) Do we all feel there is a discreet distancing of MP taking place, or am I alone in this thinking ? Would love to know your thoughts ....
Something happened between SJ n MP.It happened between her picking him up from Basimer,whatever and his mom collecting him.
I think something was found out.Its why I found here.Alot of denial but I've watched the slow removal of MP from the picture with interest.
I never felt Isobel liked him.

• Heart