The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me or did anyone else noticed that underneath all the success, Selmar is very sad? I noticed already one vlog ago.
Good spot. I thought so too. At the end of his thanksgiving speech he looked as though he was going to cry. He’s clearly a gentle sensitive man.
He also still looks a little bit in love with LOTL. You could tell her appreciative words to him tugged his heart strings.

Is it just me or did anyone else noticed that underneath all the success, Selmar is very sad? I noticed already one vlog ago.
Good spot. I thought so too. At the end of his thanjsgispeech he looked as though he was going to cry. He’s clearly a gentle sensitive man.
He also still looks a little bit in love with LOTL. You could tell her appreciative words to him tugged his heart strings.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: we know where she lives. Ha!! Don't worry BG we are not as mad as you, we won't actually stalk you in real life unlike your good self.

She looks good in underwear and costumes too and apparently certain women can make a small fortune in their 'type' of job. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. 50 shades of purple;)😂

Bloody cheek if she is, paying rent to work in bird poo freezing cold stable that does not have a functioning door handle as well as slaving away in the kitchen while everyone else gets under your feet just for the sake of the must have cocktail. They haven't even sorted out a log burner for her. Selmar get your act together. We know Marie is Norweigan but come on.

Phil is in there too for copying CD's vlog design
View attachment 324884

Awesome :love: absolutely superb😂 😂🌠

💕👏👏🌠🌠 (thanks to @MojoDublin i am learning emojis)

More fool him, a lesson learnt the hard way. Don't give the goods away for free.

Have you been hanging out with hot yoga scientologists wacko manson Family?

Very sadly missed and Soll too :(:cry:
I agree. Many clever, funny & wise members here . I always enjoyed reading those two and hope they come back :)

Sure did. Definitely would not have shown that to world even if i did use it lined with foil.

A tin wasn't shown. She went away with Mason and Amsterdam based performing arts superb cook Donna fed it a bottle and a half of Armagnac in her absence :oops::eek:😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Good spot. I thought so too. At the end of his thanksgiving speech he looked as though he was going to cry. He’s clearly a gentle sensitive man.

Good spot. I thought so too. At the end of his thanjsgispeech he looked as though he was going to cry. He’s clearly a gentle sensitive man.
You called it out so I dont have to. I also believe this is the reason. I feel like repeating myself, but she knows what she is saying - we did it together, you take care of me, i couldnt imagine it without you - all the right words he wants to hear but, then the realisation comes - it is just that, words which will never manifest is more than friendship. He always puts his eyes down so people dont see. I wanted to hug him.

This often happends between 2 people that one starts to feel something, what i find unsensible is that SJ is no spring chicken and she knows what game she plays, and to do it to such gentle sould is just sad. It pains me for him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Selmar seemed stoked to me. He took a chance, drove for a couple of months and then ended up there. Now he's permitted to work in France and he has his own business. I felt like it was emotional, but maybe some sadness thinking it's all blown up on a little corner of the internet and it'll change things. He ain't wrong about that.

I have full confidence in Dan now with all those piles of poo. Spring is going to be wild, and he's going to have a lot of things to be proud of.

I think we will see a lot more of Cat (in the soap that the Chateau Diaries indeed is) as she now has a bona fide real job as a manager of a virual choir.
She's my daughter's age and I just love her. What a weird time to be 25, in a virtual choir, living at an internet chateau and having someone ask you "what is your purpose in life". She's real cool. She'll have to commit to something someday, but she doesn't have to do it now.

Missing @Calvignac and @soll and their wisdom and contributions. There has definitely been a shift in the matrix over the last 48hrs. We seem to have gone from general banter and comments about the channel and the vlogs to some quite personal comments.
See you all on #5 x
I hope I'm not guilty of this, but I'm also not sure what personal comments refers to either. I'm having a conversation and now it feels like there are teams I don't know about. If I inadvertently joined one, could someone let me know which one?

Reactions: 4
QUOTE witchgrass I hope I'm not guilty of this, but I'm not sure what personal comments refers to either. I'm having a conversation and now it feels like there are teams I don't know about. If I inadvertently joined one, could someone let me know which one?
[/QUOTE]
@witchgrass I hope I’m not guilty of this too as I haven’t a clue what happened? I love our group, it’s currently keeping me sane 👍 Was it personal comments re the chateau inhabitants or us? The only comments I’ve noticed about chateau inhabitants are about Philip? & I think he’s just sooooo polite & I feel sorry for him as they don’t seem to feed him properly & LOTLL often sits there laughing with treats & he has nothing 🙁

You called it out so I dont have to. I also believe this is the reason. I feel like repeating myself, but she knows what she is saying - we did it together, you take care of me, i couldnt imagine it without you - all the right words he wants to hear but, then the realisation comes - it is just that, words which will never manifest is more than friendship. He always puts his eyes down so people dont see. I wanted to hug him.

This often happends between 2 people that one starts to feel something, what i find unsensible is that SJ is no spring chicken and she knows what game she plays, and to do it to such gentle sould is just sad. It pains me for him.
I wonder if there has been a "conversation" where SJ has had to explain how she sees Selmar as a great friend only yet so grateful for his presence in her life. I imagine PP presence and her interactions with him drive Selmar nuts.

I have seen Thanksgiving episode now, a fun vlog(y)🍷🥮 I could not see Selmar as sad, just happy and grateful. I don't think Stephanie is someone he has a romantic interest in, but they clearly work well as a team and he has a real place there, has become a very useful character who fits in well with what he brings to the table both socially and with his skills. He has a future there. A big place like that needs a lot of people, and if he stays I am sure Nic and Michael Potts also are very grateful for that. I am sure he gets on like a house on fire with those two as well. Nati also clearly has a place there, a future if she wishes to. The person who seems to not have a future there is Marie. She looks like she feels that too now, she knows she is moving on soon and she sees the other ones being so settled. I think she might have thought previously that she might have a future at Lalande, so perhaps she is disappointed with how the milkbottle business have not taken off, how Stephanie is favouring other people's company, and how there are plenty of other people who can do her bit in the kitchen when she is not there...she is not indispensible, and I think it really shows now. She probably feels a bit lost, now knowing what the future will bring...I should take her out for a meal when she arrives back in London, but that would make me a mad stalker and my wife might object 😉 I hope Marie finds her way...sometimes one door open when another one closes, and I think she ought to close the Lalande door now. Cat should stay for a while I think. For young Phillip this is a bit of a "finishing school", he is probably learning a lot and growing. Now then, we need more characters don't we? Christmas should add a bit of drama and people.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
#Alice in the Lalaland
#funds down the rabbit hole
#agents, puddles and hostages
#Magpie, Mason and a few new aprons
#Lady Alice & the 7 hostages ??
Come on @Heathcliffe @PeacockQueen @ChocLili your wit is needed

Great bit of airbrushing or what! She didn't give Dan, perfect lineless skin, and piercing blue eyes!
:ROFLMAO:😂 forgot about the filters she often uses to soften the warts and all

For example I find Philip simpering and annoying
A great and apt description :love:

Didn't notice, what makes you say that? As far as I can see Selmar is normally fairly quiet, until he's had a few drinks at least, maybe it's just his manner? Putting up with the filming of the cadeaux is taking a toll on all of them I think, but otherwise he seems pretty chill?
He seemed reflective and wistful.
It does strike me that SJ is an emotional taker not a giver.
Not appreciative enough for all that Selmar has done. I don't think they are a good match even in the opposites attract scenario. An older version of Kat seems more suited to him (or Kats age, don't want to be ageist, it takes all sorts to make the world go round)

Doing 007 at the chateaux like a boss 😝
Kat is on the payroll ;)

what i find unsensible is that SJ is no spring chicken and she knows what game she plays,
So, she had a bath, usually the point at which one gets dressed, but no, the electrical board men got greeted by a flouncing dressing gown verging on sheer and see through. Is it not winter in France?
In this country there are some people who go to the shops, at all times of the day/night, in their nightwear and slippers and I feel rest assured SJ would not do that in the UK, especially as she would then be associating herself with a certain sector of society.
Stephanie!! Percy has already told you "standards, standards, standards". Think a little deeper m'dear, this doesn't just mean hair in the shower plug.

She's my daughter's age and I just love her. What a weird time to be 25, in a virtual choir, living at an internet chateau and having someone ask you "what is your purpose in life". She's real cool. She'll have to commit to something someday, but she doesn't have to do it now.
For kat 💕 (from Baz Luhrmann's Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen)
"Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life...
the most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives
some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don't"

The person who seems to not have a future there is Marie. She looks like she feels that too now, she knows she is moving on soon and she sees the other ones being so settled. I think she might have thought previously that she might have a future at Lalande, so perhaps she is disappointed with how the milkbottle business have not taken off, how Stephanie is favouring other people's company, and how there are plenty of other people who can do her bit in the kitchen when she is not there...she is not indispensible, and I think it really shows now. She probably feels a bit lost, now knowing what the future will bring...I should take her out for a meal when she arrives back in London, but that would make me a mad stalker and my wife might object 😉
For young Phillip this is a bit of a "finishing school", he is probably learning a lot and growing.
I think you are absolutely spot on with this.
Take your wife and daughter with you and then it is all good ;):)

I should probably ship this antelope head to Lalande.
Oh please do that, with a perishable sign on it so it gets opened sooner rather than later

Strangely I have not missed the Scot and his humour...:unsure: I wonder why?
I know a younger version of him and it is indeed very tiring to try to have a conversation with him.
Total respect for the way he handled his medical situation though. I hope he did give inspiration to others.

The tartan presents have dried up, he is all forgotten about, these super fans need a reminder so they purchase enough tartan tat in time for Christmas!
#12 days of tartan tat ???

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
In the last vlog with Selmar's beautiful words, and SJ's too, I totally didn't get that he had particular special feelings for her at all. His eyes were on everyone, I think he values the whole community, and his place in it. He didn't linger on SJ at all which would have been telling if he did. But he didn't. I think he genuinely likes everyone, and their lives, but appreciates each person's contribution, which is lovely. Except Philip (my opinion). Who knows exactly what he was doing before but he seems to be very happy that he found this place at this time, and it's working out for him. Good luck to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
😉 🍷Whatever the name, I'm onboard for the next ride...we should get lots to chatter about in December 🎅 ho ho ho

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Watched last night's vlog. I noticed Cat just staring at Marie while she was talking in the studio...LOL! Funny how Stephanie brought up Michael's name also. I'm sorry but that floral studio is so cringe.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
In the last vlog with Selmar's beautiful words, and SJ's too, I totally didn't get that he had particular special feelings for her at all. His eyes were on everyone, I think he values the whole community, and his place in it.
I agree. I think he was talking about feeling a sense of community and belonging. Which is what Lalande is/was all about, wasn't it? Loads of people from all over, coming together for a while, like a glam commune. He's just a lovely old hippy with a hammer, really.

I didn't hear what he was whispering about at the beginning of his speech though -was he saying he was meant to come, but got a (divine) message to rock up a month early? Or did he just mean that due to covid he arrived early, to avoid lockdown.

Reactions: 8

Everything you say. Great analysis of when one person loves more than the other. It’s actually painful to watch .... I’m sure she does appreciate Selmar, but her words are merely crumbs to feed his utter devotion. I can’t bring myself to watch the vlog again but I think she said something along the lines of ‘I don’t know what Mummy & I would have done without you Selmar (please correct me if I’m mistaken) and he must feel so NEEDED - as though SJ & Isabelle would flounder without him.

Sadly he doesn’t realise that those two women are stronger than a camper can full of Selmars😢.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Didn't notice, what makes you say that? As far as I can see Selmar is normally fairly quiet, until he's had a few drinks at least, maybe it's just his manner? Putting up with the filming of the cadeaux is taking a toll on all of them I think, but otherwise he seems pretty chill?
I agree. I think he was talking about feeling a sense of community and belonging. Which is what Lalande is/was all about, wasn't it? Loads of people from all over, coming together for a while, like a glam commune. He's just a lovely old hippy with a hammer, really.

I didn't hear what he was whispering about at the beginning of his speech though -was he saying he was meant to come, but got a (divine) message to rock up a month early? Or did he just mean that due to covid he arrived early, to avoid lockdown.
Yes, in another video he explained that he had plans to travel around before coming but then he thought he better get going before lockdown.
I actually feel he is rather asexual🤔 also his tango is not that passionate as tangos should be. If he really fell for SJ there was plenty of opportunity to show while dancing. Even my 70years old tango teacher is touching me more than him. There could be a load of people between them when they are dancing. Also I do think SJ is very appreciative, who else if not her? She is grateful for every little thing.

• Heart
Watched last night's vlog. I noticed Cat just staring at Marie while she was talking in the studio...LOL! Funny how Stephanie brought up Michael's name also. I'm sorry but that floral studio is so cringe.
I saw that too .... it was certainly a LEWK 👀And yes, what on earth is going on in that floral ‘studio’ ? Having worked as a florist I’ve seen all sorts of creations being passed off as floral art, yet I’m sorry to say, none of Marie’s arrangements hit the spot. They mostly look like floral roadkill .

As for SJ going into raptures over a chrysanth’ in a milk bottle, well, she clearly needs to get out more. To heap constant lavish yet undue praise upon someone (“Ooo you’re so pretty/beautiful/clever) belittles a person if that compliment is not true. It’s meaningless word gifts imo, that SJ often bandies around. No matter how cheery and optimistic and kind LOTL is, if she continues to to heap undue praise everywhere (as in CATC) she will soon start to come across as behaving in a condescending, possibly insincere.

And btw, I say this with love. I’m a huge fan 💛

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Everything you say. Great analysis of when one person loves more than the other. It’s actually painful to watch .... I’m sure she does appreciate Selmar, but her words are merely crumbs to feed his utter devotion. I can’t bring myself to watch the vlog again but I think she said something along the lines of ‘I don’t know what Mummy & I would have done without you Selmar (please correct me if I’m mistaken) and he must feel so NEEDED - as though SJ & Isabelle would flounder without him.

Sadly he doesn’t realize that those two women are stronger than a camper can full of Selmars😢.
this is the best procrastination ever, it even makes me feel productive :ROFLMAO: for some of you this will be farfetched, but see for yourself

I noticed during the first round of thank yous on the CATCH,
now we establish that Sj and the 7 minions are reading here, some of them are even posting, questioning
Selmar knows by now, and that is what we see, his return from derealization and Sj's last bids to save her face and Selmar from bursting the bubble.
When he had his moment and recalling how he got there, it was like he was attached by the invisible string and hanging on to the SJ's words, but every time she said something, it felt like his heart was bleeding, because with every phrase she uttered he knew how much he would wish it to be true, but it was just a word bandage he gets from SJ. It was bittersweet

starts at 27:56
"I was on the beautiful place, on the farm, but at one point I got a feeling I had to go, and really I had to come, I don't, I cannot explain, I already was connected to it, to come here, so I drove months before I was expected here with my camper, traveling around and at some point, I was here (at this point his face brightens and pupils are dilated as if he got present - happy, surprised emotions), just before lockdown. And then it is amazing what happened after then(he is speaking from vivid memory, in his mind he is there at that moment as if it was present). you work and you form? two months to help Stephanie and her mother and other people came and lockdown was over lockdown was not but all the work that I did and I suddenly in lockdown again i start my own business, I can do the work that I really love, I've been in the beautiful place with beautiful people, so it is it, it still blows my head off" (genuine surprise and appreciation looking at Kat, they are laughing together)
and now word salad starts:
SJ: "We are so thankful that you and I am especially thankful that you arrived when you did and REALLY saved me and mummy at the first lockdown and started, I think started part of the renaissance of Laland coming back to life, very much so, yeah, WE've done it together Selamar"
Selamar: "it was so hard but beautiful time"
SJ: "really beautiful"
Kat: "I cannot imagine it without you" (genuine reflection)
SJ: "I cannot anymore" (watch Selmar's eyes, he is retracting to himself - this is bittersweet)

He is looking at Kat often, she is keen but he still has eyes for another.

by now, SJ has read him through and through, she knows his story and figured out what works on him, but even she is seeing the change, the emancipation of Selmar so she is desperately trying to tighten the leash

if you asked me the relationship is pathological

Yes, in another video he explained that he had plans to travel around before coming but then he thought he better get going before lockdown.
I actually feel he is rather asexual🤔 also his tango is not that passionate as tangos should be. If he really fell for SJ there was plenty of opportunities to show while dancing. Even my 70years old tango teacher is touching me more than him. There could be a load of people between them when they are dancing. Also, I do think SJ is very appreciative, who else if not her? She is grateful for every little thing.
good that you mentioned the tango, there was a moment during the last CATCH when they danced together, it happened to many of us (women) we knew when it was a too much even slightly, she runs for the hills right after that moment, she initiates and then she retracts so he is like on the elastic band, jojo of hers

the scene starts at 31:13 she proceeds with her high pitch encouraging laughter, I would call it flirty laughter, it is just innocent fun, until another laughter, turn and 31:20 - watch she looks at him, he holds her little tighter 31:22 (watch his hand it doesn't allow her to move, check how their faces are turned at that moment - yes I notice millimeters), his look at her, closeness for a possible kiss, red face and off she runs to a safe distance, clapping, smiling but both elbows together as a sign of protection, everything returns to normal

once there is a woman around him who he would fancy for a change, SJ will come running, she doesn't want to lose him, he is her toy
I believe this woman is Kat

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.