The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw that too .... it was certainly a LEWK 👀And yes, what on earth is going on in that floral ‘studio’ ? Having worked as a florist I’ve seen all sorts of creations being passed off as floral art, yet I’m sorry to say, none of Marie’s arrangements hit the spot. They mostly look like floral roadkill .

As for SJ going into raptures over a chrysanth’ in a milk bottle, well, she clearly needs to get out more. To heap constant lavish yet undue praise upon someone (“Ooo you’re so pretty/beautiful/clever) belittles a person if that compliment is not true. It’s meaningless word gifts imo, that SJ often bandies around. No matter how cheery and optimistic and kind LOTL is, if she continues to to heap undue praise everywhere (as in CATC) she will soon start to come across as behaving in a condescending, possibly insincere.

And btw, I say this with love. I’m a huge fan 💛
I have a feeling that Kat is getting fed up with Marie's childish behaviour. I remember her looking at Marie when she wouldn't put down the flowers. Serioulsy? You picked up a few flowers along a side of the road. It's getting old. You are right, that it belittles people and how many times can one ohhh and awww over the same thing? Selmar is a sweetie, Kat is one of my favourites as well. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Brilliant & it’s made me question again that Mummy is really the part owner & not Stephanie. Stephanie has stated a few times she had only helped out Gerry answering phones & a bit of admin whatever that means for her parents which wouldn’t have been enough to cover her being at Oxford Uni for 4 years then 2 years at Music School & be able to afford to buy a flat in London! & pay bills! Her parents must have funded the lot! No wonder Isobel acts like she’s the boss. Love the vlogs but sometimes nothing makes sense 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've just remembered the Staub mini cocottes-Kat said there were 24 of them. They are about £50 each :oops::oops:o_O

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have seen Thanksgiving episode now, a fun vlog(y)🍷🥮 I could not see Selmar as sad, just happy and grateful. I don't think Stephanie is someone he has a romantic interest in, but they clearly work well as a team and he has a real place there, has become a very useful character who fits in well with what he brings to the table both socially and with his skills. He has a future there. A big place like that needs a lot of people, and if he stays I am sure Nic and Michael Potts also are very grateful for that. I am sure he gets on like a house on fire with those two as well. Nati also clearly has a place there, a future if she wishes to. The person who seems to not have a future there is Marie. She looks like she feels that too now, she knows she is moving on soon and she sees the other ones being so settled. I think she might have thought previously that she might have a future at Lalande, so perhaps she is disappointed with how the milkbottle business have not taken off, how Stephanie is favouring other people's company, and how there are plenty of other people who can do her bit in the kitchen when she is not there...she is not indispensible, and I think it really shows now. She probably feels a bit lost, now knowing what the future will bring...I should take her out for a meal when she arrives back in London, but that would make me a mad stalker and my wife might object 😉 I hope Marie finds her way...sometimes one door open when another one closes, and I think she ought to close the Lalande door now. Cat should stay for a while I think. For young Phillip this is a bit of a "finishing school", he is probably learning a lot and growing. Now then, we need more characters don't we? Christmas should add a bit of drama and people.
I feel you’ve read the dynamics correctly and agree with your observations completely . They seem settled and comfortable with life at Lalande . Marie has already said she’s moving on , so I guess she has stepped back a bit . Philip is growing on me , he seems a gentle soul eager to please and beginning to tease and joke a bit now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
What does Philip actually do though ? I know he reupholstered that chair with SJ and you see him helping Ian the electrician sometimes but he doesn't seem to have a defined role does he ?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have a feeling that Kat is getting fed up with Marie's childish behaviour. I remember her looking at Marie when she wouldn't put down the flowers. Serioulsy? You picked up a few flowers along a side of the road. It's getting old. You are right, that it belittles people and how many times can one ohhh and awww over the same thing? Selmar is a sweetie, Kat is one of my favourites as well. :)
Ditto all that :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
this is the best procrastination ever, it even makes me feel productive :ROFLMAO: for some of you this will be farfetched, but see for yourself

I noticed during the first round of thank yous on the CATCH,
now we establish that Sj and the 7 minions are reading here, some of them are even posting, questioning
Selmar knows by now, and that is what we see, his return from derealization and Sj's last bids to save her face and Selmar from bursting the bubble.
When he had his moment and recalling how he got there, it was like he was attached by the invisible string and hanging on to the SJ's words, but every time she said something, it felt like his heart was bleeding, because with every phrase she uttered he knew how much he would wish it to be true, but it was just a word bandage he gets from SJ. It was bittersweet

starts at 27:56
"I was on the beautiful place, on the farm, but at one point I got a feeling I had to go, and really I had to come, I don't, I cannot explain, I already was connected to it, to come here, so I drove months before I was expected here with my camper, traveling around and at some point, I was here (at this point his face brightens and pupils are dilated as if he got present - happy, surprised emotions), just before lockdown. And then it is amazing what happened after then(he is speaking from vivid memory, in his mind he is there at that moment as if it was present). you work and you form? two months to help Stephanie and her mother and other people came and lockdown was over lockdown was not but all the work that I did and I suddenly in lockdown again i start my own business, I can do the work that I really love, I've been in the beautiful place with beautiful people, so it is it, it still blows my head off" (genuine surprise and appreciation looking at Kat, they are laughing together)
and now word salad starts:
SJ: "We are so thankful that you and I am especially thankful that you arrived when you did and REALLY saved me and mummy at the first lockdown and started, I think started part of the renaissance of Laland coming back to life, very much so, yeah, WE've done it together Selamar"
Selamar: "it was so hard but beautiful time"
SJ: "really beautiful"
Kat: "I cannot imagine it without you" (genuine reflection)
SJ: "I cannot anymore" (watch Selmar's eyes, he is retracting to himself - this is bittersweet)

He is looking at Kat often, she is keen but he still has eyes for another.

by now, SJ has read him through and through, she knows his story and figured out what works on him, but even she is seeing the change, the emancipation of Selmar so she is desperately trying to tighten the leash

if you asked me the relationship is pathological

good that you mentioned the tango, there was a moment during the last CATCH when they danced together, it happened to many of us (women) we knew when it was a too much even slightly, she runs for the hills right after that moment, she initiates and then she retracts so he is like on the elastic band, jojo of hers

the scene starts at 31:13 she proceeds with her high pitch encouraging laughter, I would call it flirty laughter, it is just innocent fun, until another laughter, turn and 31:20 - watch she looks at him, he holds her little tighter 31:22 (watch his hand it doesn't allow her to move, check how their faces are turned at that moment - yes I notice millimeters), his look at her, closeness for a possible kiss, red face and off she runs to a safe distance, clapping, smiling but both elbows together as a sign of protection, everything returns to normal

once there is a woman around him who he would fancy for a change, SJ will come running, she doesn't want to lose him, he is her toy
I believe this woman is Kat
Good grief - that's a lot of work there - thank you for transcribing it. When SJ says to Selmar ‘you really *saved* me and mummy’ 👀 and ‘we’ve done it together Selmar’..... seriously Stephanie ?

As far as the tango goes ... yes it’s passionless (I also saw him change his grip on SJ) but ultimately this man is a passive admirer, he will occasionally inch forward in a sub manner, if he thinks it may not be noticed, but he doesn’t have the confidence to make any overt moves. I feel he knows his place in the pecking order of Lalande/LOTL but his eyes betray his heart. SJ would never be involved with Selmar. He’s a good guy but not one for Ms. Jarvis.

I see her as someone who loves to be adored - in friendships and personal relationships. I don’t want to use the phrase ‘dog in the manger’ but can think of no other .... she will always keep the men in her life close to her, even if they become ex-boyfriends. As @sandro37 says, she will tighten the leash if one of her pack makes a move to escape, albeit with compliments and emotional

• Heart
Reactions: 10
As far as the tango goes ... yes it’s passionless (I also saw him change his grip on SJ) but ultimately this man is a passive admirer, he will occasionally inch forward in a sub manner, if he thinks it may not be noticed, but he doesn’t have the confidence to make any overt moves. I feel he knows his place in the pecking order of Lalande/LOTL but his eyes betray his heart. SJ would never be involved with Selmar. He’s a good guy but not one for Ms. Jarvis.

I see her as someone who loves to be adored - in friendships and personal relationships. I don’t want to use the phrase ‘dog in the manger’ but can think of no other .... she will always keep the men in her life close to her, even if they become ex-boyfriends. As @sandro37 says, she will tighten the leash if one of her pack makes a move to escape, albeit with compliments and emotional
that is even better description, you might be my brother from another mother, you know - we’ve done it together! frenchessence :m

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
For anyone who ever enjoyed the hilarity that was Benidorm this is for you :love:

1606510900091.png

My vote The Chateau Diaries #5 What a load of old peacocks ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I loved the Lady Alice and 7 minions but anything funny is ok
For anyone who ever enjoyed the hilarity that was Benidorm this is for you :love:

View attachment 326455

My vote The Chateau Diaries #5 What a load of old peacocks ;)
💋what a masterpiece!!!

so by now we know that Ms Jarvis is basically millionaires with tit load of valuable crap inside the chateau's attics and some more on the way
so not so poor me Stephanie, no need to be saved by brave Selmar or sunshine-lover hacienda owner Maison

I wonder if selfabsorbed Mr. Potty ran because he would never be the stellar one, at the end they were perfect for each other

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
HAHA, This is the best. Who is brave enough to post this in Brenda's facebook page. LOL!!!!
I swear to god i would do if i had a FB account. Its a shame its missing a central character
1606514308441.png

Curiouser and Curiouser - Come down the rabbit hole with me. I will play with you, pay attention to you, fawn all over you and then drop you faster than a hot potato. Drink me in, eat me up but watch your back for I am the queen of hearts.
1606513778790.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Someone put up 3 photos of Stephanies flat earlier & it’s disappeared? Another mystery?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I think posting the address of the flat goes against the privacy rule of the forum, rightly so

Reactions: 15
I think posting the address of the flat goes against the privacy rule of the forum, rightly so
Posting the address goes well beyond not only the rules of the forum, but also common decency and probably the law.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.