The Chateau Diaries #37 Lalande crap de la crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would this not be the owners of the chateau who recently had to sell? All the clues are there. I think it could be the chap, the partner of Miss Anna. ??
Maybe him, although they are quite far from HMN. The post seemed to indicate they had a chateau near SSB. "I am a chateau owner new CDLL". I am assuming of course that 'new' is a mistake and it should read as 'near'.
Saying that further on it is written .. a "dear friend", who is an opera singer, "lives a few miles from SJ".

There is also someone else who is connected to SSB who is a writer. The man who wrote the novel about a murder? set in his chateau and then he was setting his next book at la la lande. I think SSB and mini-apron visited him.
I'm not suggesting he is Limogesfairy (you never know) but I do wonder if he has ever read here or even posted.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
From "Discover the Amazing Parks of Madrid - Doing it Ourselves".

Kalle Kaakeli's comment.
Michael did find a significant other. Himself in the mirror! Call themselves avid fans and not notice that one.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Tonight REAL reasons why MPK stayed in Madrid for so long :

"These nasty French went on lockdown just when I was vacating in Madrid. They didn't tell me before I left Basmaignee. How could have I known ?

What ? Essential reasons to travel ? Of course, it was essential for me to go to Spain : I needed REST ! I was being trolled by haters.

And these nasty French and their lockdown couldn't let me travelling from the airport to my home - I mean my chateau. So, I had no choice but to stay in Madrid for that long.

I know you understand my ordeal, dear, dear fans. Thanks for your support. Much appreciated."

The End.
Sounds like Prince Harry. You know he's lying when his lips are moving.

• Haha
I am sure he will get the cat thrown at him as he leaves, Stephanie is not the patron saint of little people or animals. He is believing the hype though, just like Marie and the rest,- he thinks what is happening with Youtube at Lalande will happen for him. I suspect his followers will dwindle as soon as he closes the door behind him, it is Stephanie Jarvis that has the magic, not the building or anyone else who decides they want a bit of the pie. It will happen what happened to Tomaz, and he will be trying desperately to renovate some old pile...probably alone. Without the hype I bet Tatiana will get bored of him too. I would love to be proven wrong of course, I wish him all the best in fact, he seems a nice man though a bit too much of a dreamer. I am not pessimistic, but I live in the world of finance and I know that money makes the world go round. A message to Seeingitasitis; I think renewal of vowes is something Selmar would do, not me. Never. And please stop talking about expensive skincare people, I would rather not think about how much money my household throws away on stuff that does nothing more than Nivea :oops: Have a nice day folks, I am off to make some money...or perhaps I should just set up a Patreon!? :LOL: Teach people how shares work, how to run a budget, and to surf, and perhaps read their names out loud? First I would have to visit Lalande and seduce the princess...
I am so surprised at these people .. Selma and Marie in particular asking for cash for nothing , they are not natural vloggers with very little charisma and yet they feel they have the same qualities as Stephanie and have a right to a piece of the pie by association only , why are people paying them a wage , it’s mind boggling to me , am I missing their hidden talents ? I find both of them nice enough but would I follow their channels ... absolutely not it’s just so dull , get a job , you are not entitled just because you live at la lande

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I feel for him, I really do. But I can't imagine anything I'd rather not do than drive to some nasty 19th century French macmansion in an ugly suburb for tango lessons from two dodgy 50+ white Europeans. At something called a Diner Dansant. Ouf.
And I am pro tango. I'd have no problem flying to BA and going to the basement dives they're really doing it in. And learning how to do it despite the old cantaloupes which pass for knees. Robert Farris Thompson is the Yale professor who is the number one scholar of the African diaspora. He's written a whole incredible book about the tango and the people who invented it. Highly recommended.
Me either. His private tango lessons smack of some back street lap dancing club. He is not in good enough shape to wear a G string and have Euros, pressed in them.

I am so surprised at these people .. Selma and Marie in particular asking for cash for nothing , they are not natural vloggers with very little charisma and yet they feel they have the same qualities as Stephanie and have a right to a piece of the pie by association only , why are people paying them a wage , it’s mind boggling to me , am I missing their hidden talents ? I find both of them nice enough but would I follow their channels ... absolutely not it’s just so dull , get a job , you are not entitled just because you live at la lande
Get a job? You've hit the nail on the head. Vlogging is a job don't you know! We've been told by floggers on YouTube that they work hard for their money. We are such demanding people to make them work so we can part with our money.
Said no Tattler ever! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Me either. His private tango lessons smack of some back street lap dancing club. He is not in good enough shape to wear a G string and have Euros, pressed in them.
Yeah. De Wallen go go boys. No thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The question is will Tatty Yana turn up if the money doesn't roll in as she expects. I suppose Selmar could always build some turrets and attach them to the Campervan. Place your bets please!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
It premieres in 7 hours' time and they are already waiting! Are they just going to sit there and message each other for 7 hours? They are seriously disturbed!
Yep and these are the same whackadoos that are planning their summer trip to rural France right this minute!
OMG there are 53 people in the live chat for a vlog that starts in 4 hours.
For the love of anything get a freakin life!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
To continue the occasional series...

Word of the day is 'parwhobble' (19th-century English dialect): to dominate a conversation by talking continuously, without listening to a word from anyone else.

Stephanie, I feel, is a parwhobbler extraordinaire, the nonpareil of parwhobbling

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Yes, I think the corruption of Selmar is a turning point.
I am very interested in the commune experience, thank you for the Iris Murdoch tip. Good books I've read about that are Huerfano by Roberta Price and various histories of The Farm in Tennessee.
One childhood friend got flimflammed by the familiar hippie trope whereby the boys all smoke dope and lie around practicing to become rock stars while the girls pay the rent doing the all night shift as waitresses in the diner. She came home one morning, got her child up, put some shredded wheat on his high chair shelf and started breakfast for the house. She turned and saw her two year old carefully crumbling the cereal into another pile. What are you doing? she said.
Cleaning my stash, said the child. (He's now a stock broker in San Francisco, big azz capitalist.)
Depending on labor from drug addicts and the mentally ill is heart breaking. And equally insane. There's a 12 step program for that, too.
Thank you for the books you've mentioned. US communes sound very similar to UK ones!
Some people work outside, others do the renovation, gardening, cooking, cleaning while others, usually the founder/s who inherited the place or bought it with their inheritance, laze around all day. You generally get a few hangers on who attach themselves to the commune and they are addicts or have personality issues and are looking for somewhere that will accept them. I didn't learn my lesson as I tried a Buddhist commune later, working as a cook. That was no better. (Murdochs book is about a religious lay community). I have friends who sold their house to join a community in Wales, they were back within 3 months. I had a last attempt at checking out a community a few years ago, but I camped there. It looked lovely (the Findhorn Foundation in Scotland), and it's very well organised. You buy your own house and have more privacy. The drawback was the houses were expensive, you needed to be comfortably off to live there, and the other thing that deterred me and my husband was the weather. The giant vegetables are interesting. I would definitely not want to consider anywhere like Lalande. It's badly organised and the ethos seems to be one of materialism and money, rather than any higher ideal.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Fanny is behind this. I think we have all come across people that stumble upon success through no effort of their own. They then convince themselves that they reached success through their own volition. I'm sure she encourages the hangers on to follow in her footsteps, whether she goes to them or they come to her for advice. It's all ego on both ends but especially SJ's. I'm sure she sees herself as a motivator. She really gets a big high when she is interviewed just so she can talk about herself. It's all about her baby! Always was and always will be. She's a big fish in a little pond.

• Heart
Love the idea you have to be autistic of some kind to know the different types of clematis. They go through the different types regularly on Gardeners World, and many Youtube videos.

I think it was Daddy that suggested the geothermal heating system, back when they first bought the place. Not something Dimbledore was conned into by more recent influences. Oh and if UK Govt policy follows recent suggestions about banning new gas boilers, and oil heating boilers, aforementioned geothermals, heat pumps etc will be the way of the future..
If you'll read what I wrote very carefully you'll see I come down on the side skeptical of an autistic diagnosis.
Not wanting to go after the people who did so diagnose him.
Because, you know, rude.

The question is will Tatty Yana turn up if the money doesn't roll in as she expects. I suppose Selmar could always build some turrets and attach them to the Campervan. Place your bets please!
KaCHING
Selmar, don't quit your day job.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Would this not be the owners of the chateau who recently had to sell? All the clues are there. I think it could be the chap, the partner of Miss Anna. ??
It couldn't be. This self righteous fairy would NEVER sell their privacy, and Peter and Anna have already sold theirs. It honestly sounds fake to me. There is nothing in that post that hasn't already been said on tattle.

Reactions: 2
Yep and these are the same whackadoos that are planning their summer trip to rural France right this minute!
OMG there are 53 people in the live chat for a vlog that starts in 4 hours.
For the love of anything get a freakin life!
How many are Tattlers...? ;) (Not me)
There's someone in the DIY FB group thats desperate to find out where these mythical broadcasts are shown.

Btw the chateau Selmar viewed isn't in a suburb. Its 24k outside Le Mans, and no other big conurbation near it. A village about 1km away.

Was the video of Selmar dancing, him dancing with a trainee, or a regular, experienced dancer? Not quite sure I get how he could do lessons down the videolink..

Reactions: 2
yet

Since English is not my mother tongue, I like to read expressions or other things that I do not know yet.
"He is not in good enough shape to wear a G string and have Euros pressed in them".
Oh my! It's getting better and better. :LOL:

• Haha
Thank you for the books you've mentioned. US communes sound very similar to UK ones!
Some people work outside, others do the renovation, gardening, cooking, cleaning while others, usually the founder/s who inherited the place or bought it with their inheritance, laze around all day. You generally get a few hangers on who attach themselves to the commune and they are addicts or have personality issues and are looking for somewhere that will accept them. I didn't learn my lesson as I tried a Buddhist commune later, working as a cook. That was no better. (Murdochs book is about a religious lay community). I have friends who sold their house to join a community in Wales, they were back within 3 months. I had a last attempt at checking out a community a few years ago, but I camped there. It looked lovely (the Findhorn Foundation in Scotland), and it's very well organised. You buy your own house and have more privacy. The drawback was the houses were expensive, you needed to be comfortably off to live there, and the other thing that deterred me and my husband was the weather. The giant vegetables are interesting. I would definitely not want to consider anywhere like Lalande. It's badly organised and the ethos seems to be one of materialism and money, rather than any higher ideal.
I thought about communes for about 5 minutes when I was in my early twenties. I'm way to selfish for such a lifestyle!
I have a sneaky suspicion that King Selmar is not the only fool caught in QT's web. If he doesn't pan out, which is highly likely, she may have others waiting to be devoured. She is a desperate middle aged woman trying to secure her future after having messed up the last 30 years of her life living in the clouds like Selmar hoping Prince Charming would come along. Well, Selmar's no Prince Charming that's for sure, he's more like a toad and even kissed by a princess will still be a toad.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Community co-housing is a worldwide movement I've checked out here in the States. One group lived more communally than others in an urban enviro. Checked it out. It was like the Star Wars bar scene -- or the PlayMobile players at Lalande. Others with self-owned houses (I think that's how it's working on The Farm now) are essentially gated communities, which I oppose, but more welcoming to old people. Spiritually centered ones do seem the best, most ethical and inclusive. It's very interesting to see how the selection process at Lalande works and seduces/corrupts people; why hard workers are attracted and retained (still wondering why Nati is there, she struck me as reasonably sane); and how the chatelaine herself is seduced and cheated. I nearly fainted when I realized they didn't have a chore list. Ugh.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Speaking of bets. Marie now claims she will stay at the shatoo until August. Lots of big talk from that girl but still no action. Next, it will be September, November, etc. Get the 'Crazy Woman in the Attic' room ready.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.