The Chateau Diaries #37 Lalande crap de la crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Almost like a prophet....

But defo a chateau owner .... might be time to reflect .. exactly which owner it is ??

They had direct insights 😈😈😈
Would this not be the owners of the chateau who recently had to sell? All the clues are there. I think it could be the chap, the partner of Miss Anna. ??

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That's how she ended with a geothermal heating which is probably heating the non existing lake.
Can you talk a little bit about how geothermal heating is a scam? Thanks in advance.

neuro typical people can have focused interests, poor eye contact, and stunted social skills-more often it’s not not ASD
I concur. I'm not getting the ASD vibe from him at all.

Reactions: 2
Tonight REAL reasons why MPK stayed in Madrid for so long :

"These nasty French went on lockdown just when I was vacating in Madrid. They didn't tell me before I left Basmaignee. How could have I known ?

What ? Essential reasons to travel ? Of course, it was essential for me to go to Spain : I needed REST ! I was being trolled by haters.

And these nasty French and their lockdown couldn't let me travelling from the airport to my home - I mean my chateau. So, I had no choice but to stay in Madrid for that long.

I know you understand my ordeal, dear, dear fans. Thanks for your support. Much appreciated."

The End.
The reason I had to stay in Madrid for so long is that I found the love of my life. He is wonderful. I have never been so sure of anything. I know him so well. It has only been two weeks and six days since we met but, I feel like I have known him forever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
From "Discover the Amazing Parks of Madrid - Doing it Ourselves".

Kalle Kaakeli's comment.
It premieres in 7 hours' time and they are already waiting! Are they just going to sit there and message each other for 7 hours? They are seriously disturbed!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I think you are so right. Communal living situations will always attract similar types of people. They are often looking for something they can't find in everyday life, an escape, a fantasy. Games and play are a big part of this.
When I was young I lived in a commune in an old mansion for a while, (I was a true dippy hippy), and we had regular games nights, charades, fancy dress etc. It's easy to start out feeling you are part of a perfect community. It feels like a utopia, a new way of living. Then the cracks start to show and the personality clashes start. People have affairs, then break up which can destabilise a close community. . You start to get bored and annoyed by some of the people and realise that some are social misfits or mentally ill and do you really want to be there with them? and at that point you go back to reality..( Iris Murdoch's novel "The Bell" is a great novel about a fracturing commune.)
I think the earlier vlogs were lovely. The volunteers were nice, youngish people looking for adventure before they settled down in their lives. Now it feels as if every new person is on the make, clinging on to Stephanie, to launch their own business or vlog, as Stephanie hags becomes obsessed with collecting tat to appease her rich patreons. The dynamics have changed. Even otherwordly Selmar had got in on the act.
I was actually pleased to see Michael Potts Nic and their partners return to the chateau. The vlogs were getting so boring. I'm looking forward to Cat returning, (if she can with all the confusion over the amber status France has in the UK.).
Well said! Thanks for your experienced insight on the CD. You summed it up well. I concur! Lol

• Heart
Reactions: 9
From "Discover the Amazing Parks of Madrid - Doing it Ourselves".
"exceptional human being"
must have a very narrow experience of life or be wearing those rose coloured meds glasses again
even if MOLD was a good egg, he is far from exceptional, he's not even actually amazing

Lets see how much of a victim he plays tonight

• Heart
Reactions: 11
[I]Viva La Loca[/I]
half the food was eaten before the flat breads came out, obviously timing isn't their strong point
quite frankly the tomato feta feet cheese dish looks like vomit and the food always looks like a dodgy buffet.

Messy chateau, messy people, messy meals.
There is a saying “You eat with your eyes first”. The presentation of a meal should stimulate appetite and build anticipation. That plate looks boring and unhealthy.
There used to be a type of cook we called the bachelor chef. Fad recipes his specialty -- and scrambled sheet pan feta/tomatoes deffo at the top of the list. I'm a fan of cooked feta (in an omelet with spinach/garlic/a suspicion of nutmeg) but not food which looks.....premasticated. A specialty of Lalande, and the chatelaine herself, baby food -- all pureed and mixed together, nothing identifiable.

Reactions: 5
One thing I don't understand, why does it have to be a château, Selmar ? If you want a ballroom of 10 x 10 m as you said, you would have to buy a château in the size of Versailles or so. In smaller châteaux they used the enfilade rooms for balls, several smaller rooms en suite. If they have a seperate ballroom it's much smaller. Think of the maintaining costs, heating, water, electricity all the year !
IMO some nice farm house with a big barn would be more appropriate for your project. With your skills you could easily insulate it, renovate it and install your ballroom there, with solar panels on the roof. Your house should be located nearby to some bigger town to attract enough people. A-heap-in-the-middle-of-nowhere-château doesn't.
That's what his Queen, I shall refer to her as QT (Queen Tatayana) wants, with turrets. He's so smitten with her he would drive the camper van off a cliff if she told him to, which in a way is exactly what's he doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Whatever happened to the vlog that the two women were setting up about buying in France. One was from the couple that sold their place, kept jumping around in the first vlog.
do you mean the two women from ETTCDIY. Was it the one with the glasses who has sold her chateau? I can't remember their names.

seems odd all this pop-up chateau nonsense that starts, then stops just as quickly.

Reactions: 4
I think you are so right. Communal living situations will always attract similar types of people. They are often looking for something they can't find in everyday life, an escape, a fantasy. Games and play are a big part of this.
.( Iris Murdoch's novel "The Bell" is a great novel about a fracturing commune.)
I think the earlier vlogs were lovely. The volunteers were nice, youngish people looking for adventure before they settled down in their lives. Now it feels as if every new person is on the make, clinging on to Stephanie, to launch their own business or vlog, as Stephanie hags becomes obsessed with collecting tat to appease her rich patreons. The dynamics have changed. Even otherwordly Selmar had got in on the act.
I was actually pleased to see Michael Potts Nic and their partners return to the chateau. The vlogs were getting so boring. I'm looking forward to Cat returning, (if she can with all the confusion over the amber status France has in the UK.).
Yes, I think the corruption of Selmar is a turning point.
I am very interested in the commune experience, thank you for the Iris Murdoch tip. Good books I've read about that are Huerfano by Roberta Price and various histories of The Farm in Tennessee.
One childhood friend got flimflammed by the familiar hippie trope whereby the boys all smoke dope and lie around practicing to become rock stars while the girls pay the rent doing the all night shift as waitresses in the diner. She came home one morning, got her child up, put some shredded wheat on his high chair shelf and started breakfast for the house. She turned and saw her two year old carefully crumbling the cereal into another pile. What are you doing? she said.
Cleaning my stash, said the child. (He's now a stock broker in San Francisco, big azz capitalist.)
Depending on labor from drug addicts and the mentally ill is heart breaking. And equally insane. There's a 12 step program for that, too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
B1269C08-1C6F-4895-8E12-2AB92ACF6053.jpeg

The savagery of this comment buried in Fannys latest Instagram foto 🙈🙉🙊
(Furiously googling ‘Mr Burns Teeth’...)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
do you mean the two women from ETTCDIY. Was it the one with the glasses who has sold her chateau? I can't remember their names.

seems odd all this pop-up chateau nonsense that starts, then stops just as quickly.
The other "presenter" in the duo was/is Anna Lagorce (can't remember the name of her sidekick but she is the ex ETTCDIY now selling up). I think the channel is under the aegis of Chateau Media...aka Billy and Philly Productions. More wheels within wheels.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
All this talk of Sillymar & QT made me think of this tune... Selmars ode to his lady...

Selmar all greased up as Constantine, swinging Queen Tatty around his spectualar 10m x 10m dance floor, complete with smoke machines...

You want a exclusive mug???
I'll give it to you...
You want an exclusive mini print???
I'll give it to you...
You want an exclusive T-shirt???
I'll give it to you...
You want an exclusive organic tote bag???
I'll give it to you...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wonder how long he will take to fix floors in his shitoo. At the rate of his patron account he will be building it from the floor up. He is 53 now, so I reckon given good health etc that will be 93 when finished. He may have funds we don't know about (not that we should I expect)
His princess will no doubt have a share...
Delusion is the downfall of many a good man.
I feel for him, I really do. But I can't imagine anything I'd rather not do than drive to some nasty 19th century French macmansion in an ugly suburb for tango lessons from two dodgy 50+ white Europeans. At something called a Diner Dansant. Ouf.
And I am pro tango. I'd have no problem flying to BA and going to the basement dives they're really doing it in. And learning how to do it despite the old cantaloupes which pass for knees. Robert Farris Thompson is the Yale professor who is the number one scholar of the African diaspora. He's written a whole incredible book about the tango and the people who invented it. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.