Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

purejuice

VIP Member
I don't understand why they say that Vezelay is "minutes" from Périgord noir ? Vezelay is in Bourgogne - Franche-Comté.
Sarlat - Vezelay = 430 km approx ( almost 7 hours drive acccording to Via Michelin) !

EDIT : Got it ! They say "minutes from the Velezay (!) portion of pilgrimage etc.... : They actually mean minutes from a sentier de randonnée (hiking trail) used by the pilgrims who went and still go to Santiago de Compostella.

Tricky.....
Good work, thank you.
There are four French routes to Compostela, one is called Chemin de Vezelay or Via Lemovicensis.

Attachments

Reactions: 5

Green Fairy

VIP Member
A hooker dress and kids fairy wings don't really evoke the fairy godmother vibe. A sewist surely would make a better costume.
I think she was meant to be the Fairy Godmother from Shrek who was the mother of Prince Charming. Voiced by Jennifer Saunders. The Fairy Godmother def has a red sparkly dress.

purejuice

VIP Member
[QUOTE="FlyByeNight, post: 4952128, member: 224765"

I am SO GLAD I never suggested anyone try to run a workshop at Lalande. Would be embarrassing to have to walk that idea back!!
[/QUOTE]
Well if we ran the place, they'd be good. I fantasize about it's being an artisan training place for the Berry -- the ancient masonry guys could teach, two tier system, tourists pay €2500 and an equal number of local kids pay nothing. Old house reno skills. Cutting and fitting beams and old floor tiles like Selmar did. Berry embroidery. Chapel restorer, teach painting, etc. Anna Fleury teaches fancy wall paper printing. etc. Eco systems for old chateaux, French drains, cisterns, the local guy with the willow wand who helped locate the headwaters of the clogged up potager plumbing. etc.

• Heart

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member
Val Slater was the one who attacked me for asking a simple question/making a comment. Unbelievable. Pot, kettle, black.
Troll = someone with a different opinion who mustn't be allowed to express it ... :rolleyes:

Well, Peggy, at least while collecting our checks we're not spewing anti-semitic hate speech.
I would have thought that the picture in that article would be more applicable to SJ ...🤣 . As for anti-Semitic hate speech, it's become such a yawn that it's barely worth responding to ...

Last edited:
  • Heart

Pno

VIP Member
Almost forgot this week's art lesson! A real treat for you lovely people: a series of pics hanging in Isabelles home in South Africa.... Must have special meaning?
How are the Patrons going to get all of those canvas framed for IJ?!?!

• Haha

Maple fairy

VIP Member
Do they say which "chateau in Dordogne" it is ?
No that’s still a secret. It only references Dordogne and that they are near UNESCO heritage sites. I suspect once they vet you and you pony up with you $$$ all would be revealed.

Could you provide a link to the page with bars on the upper right? Thank you.
Can you screenshot the page that you are taken to because I don’t know how to give more info other than to say that I went to manorandmaker.com or manorandmakr.com. Took me to their website and I was able to open up individual section under the headings that screen shot.

Attachments

Last edited:

ploppityplop2

VIP Member
The cold room has been shown and talked about several times in passing, e.g., in Episod 31 at minute 7. I also remember a shot where you can see more of the food/preserves stored there. Rotten food has never been featured ;)
Quite liked this episode but OMG that old car 😱

lyna

VIP Member
This definition still doesn't fit Sarah's output. So far, we have not seen anything artistic in her sewing projects. Using commercial patterns to make unimaginative and amateurish reproductions of historic and Disney themed costumes doesn't cut the mustard. Her sewing is on par with a beginner, I believe even children would be more creative. I can't imagine she has been at this for more than a year from what I have seen. As a disclaimer, I have a degree in fashion design and over 20 years of working in the garment manufacturing industry so I am a harsh critic in this area. Her work stinks, as far as I am concerned! Anyone who signs up for her workshops is an idiot throwing money away, and worse, learning incorrect methods.
She's just dumb... I guess she never learned the definitions of suffixes and prefixes...
The definition of why 'ist' is added to the end of a word precludes all the joke woke people's ideas of what they want the word sewist to mean...

MojoDublin

VIP Member
Has SJ ever used the branding that Steve "designed" for CDLL (or rather, he copied one of the peacocks from the wallpaper and inserted it in the name of the chateau. I don't think I've ever seen it used?
Didn’t BJJ try to pass off Steve’s work for a place setting 🍽

Shouldn't it be 'Grifteristist' ? :rolleyes: 😂
Mmmm 😋
I’ve yet to come up with a title ....

my choice was of thread 🧵 title belonged to @Linus title ...

Must work at pithy comments ....
However in this esteemed company ...

Tattle doesn’t rattle ... is where I’m still at 😈😈😈

Attachments

AndAnotherName

VIP Member
I agree with everything you said but additionally she should cut her hair to jaw or shoulder length. She could rock a sleek chic bob and it would make her look younger. Her days of trying to emulate Brigitte Bardot are over.
Maybe she should let the hairdresser <forget her name - Dan's missus> dye it back to her natural colour? Dark brown going by the roots and then let the grey grow in naturally. Nothing worse than a brunette going grey trying to keep up the beach blonde look. Yuk.

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
So LaLaLandies are off on an awfully big adventure again... 👏

Visiting Chateau Lagorce... To frolic arround and make hours of footage with snorting and see trough dresses. Cant wait!

View attachment 576600
Looks like they are vlogging their next chateau tour
Ed says someone else is videoing a tour of their chateau @23:50 in his video posted yesterday