The Chateau Diaries #33 Starring she who shouts from balconies, written and directed by Tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to bring up the “slavery” subject. One thing that has been bugging me is that these people who buy these enormous chateaux don’t seem to consider the amount of work it takes just to maintain them not withstanding the amount of renovation and money it takes to keep these mausoleums functioning. There is a reason why these huge arcs of the robber barons and the aristocrats were abandoned. They ran purely on the backs of the slaves, the indentured servants and the uneducated underclasses. I too have been struck by the bros of decay episodes. Where the inhabitants have lived in squalor in comparison to modern day living.
I no longer think that there is a “romance” to these places. Especially when one reflects upon the times in which they thrived and the social and economic injustices that prevailed.
Oh and I have no doubt with my French& Irish roots I would have been downstairs. No illusions of grandeur!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Stormy weather for MPK...

From his last vlog YT comments :

Nadia G
Nadia G
2 days ago (edited)
Agree! But sadly people are just blind and when you say anything about it, they want to bite your head off! I feel sorry for all the patrons. Look at he's last videos at the chateau, nothing was done at the cottage, taking advantage of people like that is simply wrong. There are so many other vlogs on chateau restorations that desperately need the money.

Celeste E. Garcia
Celeste E. Garcia
1 day ago
Mind your own business! Why can't he go on vacation? He doesn't need anyone's permission?

Celeste E. Garcia
Celeste E. Garcia
1 day ago
Jennifer you are selfish for not understanding that sometimes people need time away.

Jennifer Burk
Jennifer Burk
1 day ago
@Celeste E. Garcia Lol, found the white knight. Oh, poor M, living rent-free in a French chateau with acres of open space. No job, no responsibilities, no health issues.

Jennifer Burk
Jennifer Burk
1 day ago
@Celeste E. Garcia Maybe he needs the permission of the people who paid for it thinking they were supporting his cottage and videos?

Nadia G
Nadia G
1 day ago
@Celeste E. Garcia When other people's money are involved they are allowed to get peeed off!! He is using people!!

Wade Wilson
Wade Wilson
1 day ago
Hey Celeste, no one is being nasty by stating the obvious, so there is no need for your rudeness. There's no need for any rudeness. The simple fact is he's not doing what he promised. The man is talented he's good at what he does but there's a line which he's pushing across very quickly. Look at what Stephanie is doing with the funds she is receiving and the amount of work she's putting in for the people who are paying for it. Then look at what Michael is doing. Chalk and cheese. Yes Stephanie makes more money but she's not off on holidays for weeks and weeks at a time with no content. Even while she is away she makes an effort to do as much as possible for the patrons. So you can see why people are starting to get annoyed. Sounds like you are trying to justify why you put your hard earned money in Celeste! People have a right to voice their concerns. As long as it's not personal and down right rude. It's called constructive criticism. I like the guy but I see everyone's point of view. Michael, read and answer people's questions and engage more with the people who clearly like you and support you. Then there won't be any need for criticism. And people keep your questions above the waste line and stop trying to pry into his personal life. Who he beds at night is no one's business but his. If he wants to share then he will. Let's all see what happens next. I hope everyone has a great day. Cheers
Read more

Della Morgan

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Not to bring up the “slavery” subject. One thing that has been bugging me is that these people who buy these enormous chateaux don’t seem to consider the amount of work it takes just to maintain them not withstanding the amount of renovation and money it takes to keep these mausoleums functioning. There is a reason why these huge arcs of the robber barons and the aristocrats were abandoned. They ran purely on the backs of the slaves, the indentured servants and the uneducated underclasses. I too have been struck by the bros of decay episodes. Where the inhabitants have lived in squalor in comparison to modern day living.
I no longer think that there is a “romance” to these places. Especially when one reflects upon the times in which they thrived and the social and economic injustices that prevailed.
Oh and I have no doubt with my French& Irish roots I would have been downstairs. No illusions of grandeur!
Exacto.
I have had more than one fleeting thought about their Bridgerton scenario.
Did they not notice half the aristos were black? Starting with the queen?
I don't recall as clearly the races of the varlet and wench classes in Bridgerton. I seem to remember black and white footmen in powdered wigs.
Those great houses, built on the bones of ill paid, possibly indentured servants, possible peonage -- and fortunes earned off black slaves cutting cane across the sea. Even Jane Austen and Dickens touch on fortunes based in slavery.

Reactions: 14
And think of where the servants lived in these chateaux : in the attic.

Stephanie was so proud to show her viewers the 19e century servants loo. Their bedrooms were in the attic too. The ones which were located in the upper floors were for the "senior" servants (butler, governess, personal maid, etc). The rest was accommodated under the roof : very cold in the winters, very hot in the summers (no insulation in those days).

I grew up in one of these big houses/manors : the servants' bedrooms are still there, under the roof, cubicles with a window on the roof. It seems that these servants cubicles have disappeared at Lalande.

Like you, I've never seen any "romance" in these chateaux. But that's my French revolutionary side 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Went to France on a high school trip. We were part of a group that were welcomed by a group of wealthy French whose goals were to foster the French language in Canada. A great trip! Was struck by our hotel which was in the Latin quarter. Even though we had a shower and a bidet in our room the water closet was across the hall which looked just like the servants one. It was a much smaller space very poorly lit and had one or two steps up. Enough space to sit. I had visions of unseen rodents. Realized then how spoiled we were in North America the only experience I had that was close was being in the country and having to use an outhouse. Wouldn’t trade the experience for anything.

I am on a rant today sorry! Someone mentioned that they had not seen anyone open a bottle of champagne the way MRK did. I also was truck by that. Reminded me of the spoiled rich youth that frequented Ibiza where such behaviour was on display. Such a waste just to show how wealthy you are! In her case I don’t know emulating that behaviour, a wannabe.
PS: I would not waste a drop of champagne!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I agree with your statement. I don't mind people fixing up these old ruins, but I do mind romanticizing the past. I have always been disturbed by SJs adoration of Marie Antoinette and the royal court. Most of these people were indifferent, if not cruel, to the lower classes which far outnumbered them.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Went to France on a high school trip. We were part of a group that were welcomed by group whose goals were to foster the French language in Canada. A great trip! Was struck by our hotel which was in the Latin quarter. Even though we had a shower and a bidet in our room the water closet was across the hall which looked just like the servants one. It was a much smaller space very poorly lit and had one or two steps up. Enough space to sit. I had visions of unseen rodents. Realized then how spoiled we were in North America the only experience I had that was close was being in the country and having to use an outhouse. Wouldn’t trade the experience for anything.

I am on a rant today sorry! Someone mentioned that they had not seen anyone open a bottle of champagne the way MRK did. I also was truck by that. Reminded me of the spoiled rich youth that frequented Ibiza where such behaviour was on display. Such a waste just to show how wealthy you are! In her case I don’t know emulating that behaviour, a wannabe.
The champagne bottle opened that way was me ! ;)
What a waste.

When I was young, I used to live in a "chambre de bonne" (servant bedroom) in Paris, in a big bourgeois Parisian building. In the past, these servant bedrooms were for the bourgeois owners' servants. Now, they are rented to students etc. They are located in the 6th floor, no lift, servants stairs at the back of the building, and for the one I had : loo in the corridor for all the people living in these servants bedrooms. But they were "modern" loo... luxury ! 😅
But it was great fun... it was Paris !
Nowadays, these servants bedrooms have their loo and are transformed into tiny tiny flat rented a fortune of course.

Reactions: 14
Went to France on a high school trip. We were part of a group that were welcomed by a group of wealthy French whose goals were to foster the French language in Canada. A great trip! Was struck by our hotel which was in the Latin quarter. Even though we had a shower and a bidet in our room the water closet was across the hall which looked just like the servants one. It was a much smaller space very poorly lit and had one or two steps up. Enough space to sit. I had visions of unseen rodents. Realized then how spoiled we were in North America the only experience I had that was close was being in the country and having to use an outhouse. Wouldn’t trade the experience for anything.

PS: I would not waste a drop of champagne!
The last time I saw someone shake champagne before opening it was a winner of an auto race on TV. Quite tacky, and of course, very wasteful! She's such a goof ball. Insert image of MRK neighing.
1619971725913.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Stormy weather for MPK...

From his last vlog YT comments :

Nadia G
Nadia G
2 days ago (edited)
Agree! But sadly people are just blind and when you say anything about it, they want to bite your head off! I feel sorry for all the patrons. Look at he's last videos at the chateau, nothing was done at the cottage, taking advantage of people like that is simply wrong. There are so many other vlogs on chateau restorations that desperately need the money.

Celeste E. Garcia
Celeste E. Garcia
1 day ago
Mind your own business! Why can't he go on vacation? He doesn't need anyone's permission?

Celeste E. Garcia
Celeste E. Garcia
1 day ago
Jennifer you are selfish for not understanding that sometimes people need time away.

Jennifer Burk
Jennifer Burk
1 day ago
@Celeste E. Garcia Lol, found the white knight. Oh, poor M, living rent-free in a French chateau with acres of open space. No job, no responsibilities, no health issues.

Jennifer Burk
Jennifer Burk
1 day ago
@Celeste E. Garcia Maybe he needs the permission of the people who paid for it thinking they were supporting his cottage and videos?

Nadia G
Nadia G
1 day ago
@Celeste E. Garcia When other people's money are involved they are allowed to get peeed off!! He is using people!!

Wade Wilson
Wade Wilson
1 day ago
Hey Celeste, no one is being nasty by stating the obvious, so there is no need for your rudeness. There's no need for any rudeness. The simple fact is he's not doing what he promised. The man is talented he's good at what he does but there's a line which he's pushing across very quickly. Look at what Stephanie is doing with the funds she is receiving and the amount of work she's putting in for the people who are paying for it. Then look at what Michael is doing. Chalk and cheese. Yes Stephanie makes more money but she's not off on holidays for weeks and weeks at a time with no content. Even while she is away she makes an effort to do as much as possible for the patrons. So you can see why people are starting to get annoyed. Sounds like you are trying to justify why you put your hard earned money in Celeste! People have a right to voice their concerns. As long as it's not personal and down right rude. It's called constructive criticism. I like the guy but I see everyone's point of view. Michael, read and answer people's questions and engage more with the people who clearly like you and support you. Then there won't be any need for criticism. And people keep your questions above the waste line and stop trying to pry into his personal life. Who he beds at night is no one's business but his. If he wants to share then he will. Let's all see what happens next. I hope everyone has a great day. Cheers
Read more

Della Morgan
Buying that man a pint 🍸🍸🍸🍸
Of cocktails

Bravo 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It looks like MPK is getting a bit nervous about his patrons dropping off. He just posted on IG claiming that he's 'almost finished'. You don't need to tell everyone you are almost finished. Just finish it!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The champagne bottle opened that way was me ! ;)
What a waste.

When I was young, I used to live in a "chambre de bonne" (servant bedroom) in Paris, in a big bourgeois Parisian building. In the past, these servant bedrooms were for the bourgeois owners' servants. Now, they are rented to students etc. They are located in the 6th floor, no lift, servants stairs at the back of the building, and for the one I had : loo in the corridor for all the people living in these servants bedrooms. But they were "modern" loo... luxury ! 😅
But it was great fun... it was Paris !
Nowadays, these servants bedrooms have their loo and are transformed into tiny tiny flat rented a fortune of course.
I think in the show Emily in Paris she lives in one of those apartments.

Reactions: 10
[QUOTE="Clara Burnett, post: 4805100, member: 176095

I totally get what you are saying and the comparison could be real. However: are you vlogging your life with your son to make money with it? That’s the actual reason we are discussing the issue anyway, isn’t it?
[/QUOTE]

??? Not sure what you mean...anyway, I posted this to make clear why I feel their ‘relationship’ is fake. I think they are colluding together. I feel she wanted this type of situation with Petherick, but he has too many demons and weaknesses, Phillip is more controlled and calculating imo. That while he is very young, he is very clever and is playing the game for his own benefit. That was why I previously said ‘well played, well done’. Their game is working for them.

I originally thought when I saw her vlogs on my feed, that she was doing a parody on France. I thought she was joking with the over exaggerated facial expressions, pompous enunciations and bizarre close ups in bed. The buggy eyes too...all an act...for cold cash.

I don’t dislike her, but I do think she is phony as all hell, scamming money hand over fist, is a user, manipulative and calculating, pretends to be innocent and dumb, but is in reality as cunning as Izzy. However, unlike Izzy, she Isn’t as mean and can control her emotions. She can hide her disdain for those around her who are doing her dirty work, but it still seeps through on occasion.

So, I find the situation uncomfortably interesting, supremely disgusting and in time she will get her due Karma. Until then, reading all the great minds that have gathered here is a pastime that has become addicting.😎

Reactions: 25
Stephanie's just at the age where your wardrobe criteria need to change.
One thing ladies of a certain age should notice is that vintage clothes on vintage ladies lack the irony which makes vintage clothes look cute on young ladies.
On old ladies it just looks like you haven't bought any new clothes in 60 years. That blue thing she wore for the FHS meeting, nuh-unh.
Minis, kind of torn on. Just horribly shocked by seeing the wonderful actress Sutton Foster in Younger -- the whole point of which is she is masquerading as 20 years younger to get a job -- wearing a mini that was too short. Leggings or tights might have quelled the NO MA'AM which kind of overwhelmed me. Foster has a beautiful figure, is still dancing, and wears very youthful clothing on this show. Interesting what she can get away with and what she can't. In another scene, she wore a very bare spangly modern asymmetrical cocktail dress, no longer than the too-short day dress, which worked.
A transitional age for dressing. Stephanie, ditch the vintage. Old babes wear new clothes. Princess Lilian, one of the legendary old babes, RIP, greeted the millennium in Issey Miyake.
Ah Princess Lilian - the Welsh born model who became a Princess. She moved to Sweden and became instantly adored by the Swedes - unlike LOTL who moved with a court of English yes men to take over a corner of rural France. Lilian had to wait in the shadows for 40 years before she could marry her Prince due to succession laws in Sweden. She was a class act and I hate to even have her and the "top as dress" wearing one in the same sentence.

(Just for reference - this dress was not actually by Issey Miyake but by the designer Yuki. He made it for her in two colours and Lilian even got Queen Silvia to start wearing his designs.)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That's why I like watching The Bros of Decay on YT. You get to see how the houses where really lived in.
TBH the more I see of stuffed full brocante chateaus and abandoned mansions/chateaus the more I'm feeling the Scandinavian aesthetic. Tidy, clear, clean, bright and airy. Harmonious earthy colours.
I love colour, texture and pattern. Always!! but the french use of pattern all over, especially when its the same, on the fabric, on the ceiling, everywhere!! makes me feel suffocated.

🤔 Fleuries are the only ones in the chateauverse that I can relate to.

Anna's boiler suit compared to SSB's 😂😂🤣
I urbex and I am a fan of Bros of Decay too.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Mason 🤫🤫🤫

You just blew your troll 😈 cover

So how DiD she dump you ...

By text

Or was the final sun 🌞 ray

The two houses in the forest 🌳
And she hadent realised the house swapping involved 2 properties

Personally checked it was stated on the website 🤢🤢🤢
Wrong coast and misgendered, Brenda. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Stephanie's just at the age where your wardrobe criteria need to change.
One thing ladies of a certain age should notice is that vintage clothes on vintage ladies lack the irony which makes vintage clothes look cute on young ladies.
On old ladies it just looks like you haven't bought any new clothes in 60 years. That blue thing she wore for the FHS meeting, nuh-unh.
Minis, kind of torn on. Just horribly shocked by seeing the wonderful actress Sutton Foster in Younger -- the whole point of which is she is masquerading as 20 years younger to get a job -- wearing a mini that was too short. Leggings or tights might have quelled the NO MA'AM which kind of overwhelmed me. Foster has a beautiful figure, is still dancing, and wears very youthful clothing on this show. Interesting what she can get away with and what she can't. In another scene, she wore a very bare spangly modern asymmetrical cocktail dress, no longer than the too-short day dress, which worked.
A transitional age for dressing. Stephanie, ditch the vintage. Old babes wear new clothes. Princess Lilian, one of the legendary old babes, RIP, greeted the millennium in Issey Miyake.
Being "an old babe" myself it's too easy to slip into the clownish look when you get older by wearing too bright colours, bright rimmed glasses. You can just look as if you are crazy. I don't like Princess Lillians outfit. She looks like a cake topper or a toilet roll cover. Stephanie has some good outfits, I love Zara myself. Not everyone can afford designer. I agree that she needs to drop the short, short tunics and baby doll dresses now. They only suit teenage girls. She could get away with just above the knee, that would look elegant. I wear that length in my 70s as I'm 5'4 and too long a hem swamps me completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't mind her dress sense really, she has good legs, so might as well show them off. I'm a lot older than her, but still like a floaty dress. My legs are still ok too! To be fair she'd been filming the day she was seen cleaning the tiles, so wasn't really dressed for 'work' as such. The knicker flashing to Ian was a bit much though.

Have any of you seen 'Curiosity Inc' on YT? He buys the contents of hoarder houses and shows the process of sorting it. I keep thinking this is how her house will end up if not careful.
I've watched Curiosity Inc and it's amazing how Alex clears those hoarder houses. And the money he makes on the stuff he finds! Can't think he'd have much luck at the Shitoo when that has to be cleared. Some moth-eaten 80's clothes, woodworm-riddled wardrobes, 70 old bidets, some absolutely fugly lamps, some ghastly paintings and a set of pornographic kitchen tiles. Not to mention the outhouse full to the brim with awful home-made gifts sent to Cadeaux at the Chateau. Not much profit in that.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.