Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lalablahblah

VIP Member
That law on human trafficking says dans l'un des circonstances suivantes so I understand that either one alone, a threat or not delivering on promised remuneration, could lead to human trafficking charges in France.
These volunteers were at Lalaland under the workaway policy which states before a host can even click to get an application that they are to be paid minimum wage at least if working in a for profit business. They get to Lalaland and are put to work in her bed and breakfast without any pay. Their only housing and food are now required to work for free. Their travel is prepaid so they can't leave until that date. So their only choice is work for her for free when they were promised pay through the workaway policy. It's illegal she duped them into working for free in her business. Renumeration means pay. 10-15 years in prison. She also used slave labor when she should have employees. So she stole jobs from local French citizens. Whole scam is illegal an explotive.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

purejuice

VIP Member
Sorry, Pip suggested it go in the Gardeners Cottage and then Stefanny said ' No, it's too far away from me there...' :rolleyes:
May we conclude from this that Janssen is aware of how weird his maitresse' devotion is to DD's paintings? Why does he think Nick's house is the place to deaccession this stuff?

FrankieG

They should call him out. One of the people defending him stated working on the chateau was not the purpose of his channel, it was about his art....his channel maybe but his patreon account (in his own words) is for the maintenance and progress of the chateau. If he wants to discontinue doing what he originally vlogged on and make videos about flitting across Europe then he should make a new channel and update patreon to reflect the true nature of where the funds are going.

Back when I first starting watching CD, MPK was often in her vlogs. One moment (probably happened many other times) was when SJ mentioned "wine" and his eyes lit up soooo huge. I always picture that moment and also that recent picture of him in the bathroom.

I think the wine was driving it .... LOL LOL

lalablahblah

VIP Member
Okay, it wasn't slavery because that means forced labour and these people signed up voluntarily knowing there would be work, and they were free to leave whenever they wanted.
However, Stefanny might still be charged with alleged fraud concerning undeclared work, and employing people without the right to work in France.
Actually the international definition of domestic slavery is that they are not paid in addition to being given housing and food. Exactly what Skankanee was doing through workaway. See attached image.

Attachments

Maple fairy

VIP Member
Interesting Sara and Steve chatting up the woman from the film crew. In the video Queens day before Kings day. Auditioning?
So confused with her timeline that I was waiting for my Dutch neighbours to set off their fireworks & then I heard her say a week ago.🤦🏼‍♀️

Rory

VIP Member
DB=Gibbons? I am unable to find a link for that, it would be maybe Sept 2020 but which of her many FB sites? God she's creepy. Any link to the bullying posts to FB, greatly appreciated.
I thoughtvtheyvwere removed. Have you searched the threads.

purejuice

VIP Member
You're welcome, I'm with you, on board with this, cool ideas! Wish things at Lalande were more like this. It's deeper and more satisfying. They could also produce while they learn, and have a shop to sell those $100 wool skeins!
Yes! I wonder if there are chateaux in France who already do this?

Mrs O

Before Covid, I visited a school in France as part of a European Exchange. Our school lunch was nothing like a UK school dinner! Wine with lunch in the school cafeteria!
you would have been sacked for drinking wine in school premises in UK (or even in any local government staff rooms) !!

• Wow

Madame No

VIP Member
Workaway apparently flagged all businesses as paid workaways because of minimum wage laws differing between countries. Some hosts were surprised when they were contacted about paid volunteering and had no idea their account read that the position was paid. Considering what the volunteers are doing there I imagine that like the restoration vs b&b situation she has right now with the non-profit, it would be a grey area whether her volunteers would need to be paid or not. It is her home. But don't bother trying to Stephend the hyperbole. It's SLAVERY.
Definition of slavery from Britannica: "Slavery, condition in which one human being was owned by another. A slave was considered by law as property, or chattel, and was deprived of most of the rights ordinarily held by free persons." Did SJ own any of the 'volunteers'? If so, please provide evidence.

Orchid21

Most of the bathrooms have leaking fittings that were cheap indeed. No pressure, no hot water. And they're not cleaned properly. One would be lucky if one only finds old hair in the drains. An average youth hostel definitely scores better in this department.
@Clara Burnett do you know much about when the bathrooms were fitted in the guest bedrooms? Did SJ do any B&B before your friends arrived? It’s always seemed to me a lot of work and effort to squeeze the showers and toilets into each main bedroom (however badly it was done) if the chateau was only intended as a party place for friends and family who could really share a larger bathroom.

Jikki2

Chatty Member
Do they do checkups then on campervans parked at private homes to see if they are being lived in?
I think you would normally get away with a lot of things in rural France but Stefanny broadcasts her life for all the world to see so she shouldn't expect to get away with anything.

The Gardener

Chatty Member
I rest my case, it could have been a Coco whatsit and I wouldn't have had a clue! Still i like the plate reference 🤣
She does wear a lot of rubbish. If you pay through the nose to look like you dressed at the Mamas and Papas adult range, I applaud the designers for selling it. Almost like saying cyclists look good in lycra...but that's a rant for another forum. 🤣
'Coco Whatsit' That's so funny it's made a brilliant start to the day...still chuckling about it. Thankyou :D

• Haha

Jikki2

Chatty Member
In your opinion wouldn't both threat and remuneration be necessary as the bottom line on slavery?
That law on human trafficking says dans l'un des circonstances suivantes so I understand that either one alone, a threat or not delivering on promised remuneration, could lead to human trafficking charges in France.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

witchgrass

VIP Member
Tomaz had his luggage stolen. Because he was not paid for his work fans raised 200 for him to buy clothes. His mother had to mail him clothes. If you paid attention to the blogs your evidence is there. The policy here is to tell you to read and watch. I try to be nice but if you get into the Stephfending you can dig for info like everyone else. She used her workaways as slave labor for her business and should be held accountable. Because of visa issues her victims would get into trouble for filing against her.
From what I've seen of workaway discussions on subs, no one doing workaway expects to get paid for it. It also sounds like B & B work would be preferable to what some of them are bitching about.

purejuice

VIP Member
Does anyone remember the video where she was amused at her mother for being exasperated with her for not processing the cherries that the farmer had gifted them. I was grossed out by the waste of it all. Especially cherries being my favourite. Eventually someone did something with them. I can’t remember who exactly. Also in hindsight grossed out about thinking of the vermin potentially crawling all over them🤮. The utter laziness. I think her relationship is still that of an adolescent. Like when they are told to do something and dig their heels in and ignore usually their mothers voice.
Clara's friends posted last year about a recipe for Portuguese [sour] cherry liqueur. Zowie. Even a no work person could make this.