Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

darkone

The champagne bottle opened that way was me ! ;)
What a waste.

When I was young, I used to live in a "chambre de bonne" (servant bedroom) in Paris, in a big bourgeois Parisian building. In the past, these servant bedrooms were for the bourgeois owners' servants. Now, they are rented to students etc. They are located in the 6th floor, no lift, servants stairs at the back of the building, and for the one I had : loo in the corridor for all the people living in these servants bedrooms. But they were "modern" loo... luxury ! 😅
But it was great fun... it was Paris !
Nowadays, these servants bedrooms have their loo and are transformed into tiny tiny flat rented a fortune of course.
This is interesting. My second cousin told me about her niece who lives in Paris. She married a Parisian has lived there most of her adult life but now they spend most of their time in southern France due to the world situation. I had never heard before of how owners purchase more space. Apparently, they now have a three level apartment (not sure what they are referred to in French). I cannot remember which arrondissement they are located in but found this unique. I guess anything would be interesting when you live in Vermont!

Reactions: 6

The Gardener

Chatty Member
It's clear from the vlogs that he lives in the campervan. Water and electric connections mean nothing. If he is found to be de facto living in there for over three months, that means both, Selmar and Stefanny, could face consequences.

Sure there's space for her flowers but she killed her flowers by not being bothered to water them.
We know he lives in the camper van but maybe authorities dont..... but that brings back the thought he wouldnt lie about it so perhaps permission has been applied for.
Thinking if she had to dig out beds etc etc she might care for them. Yes I know its a far fetched fantasy but always a chance? ;)

darkone

Not ever deliberately owning a cat? Not to Stephend here (about to), but I live in a neighborhood, and in a house surrounded by apartments and idiots who take in cats only to leave them behind. It sounds like she's had a series of cat feeders who leave and she was previously too clueless and preoccupied to feed their cats after their resident feeders made the cats dependent on them. If Ruby was ever too wild to catch and neuter, he'd gotten over it before Selmar got there, so someone was taking care of him. It took me a year to even touch the poor calico who was left behind by one of my neighbors, along with two other grown cats, but with a bell on her collar. Poor little lady couldn't even sneak around. I was finally able to cut off her collar and she lived on my porch for 15 years. I honestly don't expect people who didn't grow up with pets to be like me though, and have a literal pet cemetery in their backyard and a thick file at the spay clinic. I just hope they'll be set straight by some tattle-like situation. Ruby seems fine. Now that his pockets are picked, he'd better get ready for cat roommates to move in if they're feeding him outdoors. He shaky-shakes his tail like a real pisser, but that's probably not going away.

Those sheep seem fine too. That breed doesn't need shearing like normal wool bearing breeds of sheep, and they've been shorn at least three times on camera since she started youtubing life. Now she's got Kristy for 2021. If I were a character at Lalande, I'd probably be a Kristy.

They just need those solar powered chicken doors like Castle de Berghe. A bunch of people locally (we have a local backyard hen anarchist group in my town) have those in case they don't get home from work before dark.
You definitely bring up an interesting scenario… who would we be if we were at La Lande or somehow associated with the place? I think I’d be Ruthy.....there is a bit of a similarity to the ex situation. And she seems to stay away from the camera....and she writes.....maybe we should play a game as they do.....

KiKiGee

VIP Member
Beryl will be so happy!

Her man-boy hero, MPK promises that his fans will soon get to watch the continuation of his Madrid vlog that has taken 20 days to edit!
He extends his apologies to his fans: "Too many Grindr boys to f**k, so little time!"
The vlog might be out on Sunday. Which Sunday? We will never know! But at least it's coming out on Sunday!

View attachment 555672

Get ready, Tattlers!
Funding is getting lower by the day. His Patreon money is now down to an office assistant level salary (no offense meant to office assistants, especially you Natti). We can soon expect another Live Q&A where he can blame the "gossip site" for how unfair his life is!

Dear MPK,
Here's a little lesson from real life.
People who don't perform well on their jobs or are lazy
either get demoted or fired.
You're welcome.
We know you love us!
xoxo
Tattlers

(April 30, 2021-------------------------- May 1, 2021)
View attachment 555674 View attachment 555673
THANK YOU!!!! Great way to start my day. Oh, and thank you MPK you are the reason I am here. So this ones for you...
Michael Petherick Date Doing...

• Haha

LonePalm

Chatty Member
I agree with you - expect that I could never see the appeal of Trotter. I didn't enjoy his appearances n CD from the outset and would not subscribe to his or his cling-on's vlogs. I have always fast forwarded through the CD into until well clear of his smug, gurning chops.
I totally understand. I found him somewhat interesting at the beginning, he brought a different vibe to CD that was refreshing. I also was intrigued by the cottage renovation. I get he's not everyone's taste, compared to snorts-a-lot, I would take him anytime. But as I said, his days are running out fast, he's burning bridges faster than a retreating army.

Love Christine McConnell! Got my husband into her Netflix series. He loved it! Fraggle Rock & maybe at times Peewee Herman. So sad Netflix did not renew it!
I have watched a couple of her vlogs, I love what she did to her house in California! So tastefully renovated, excited to see what she does with the New York mansion.

Last edited:

purejuice

VIP Member
I can tell you that multiple sources, let's stick with eyes and ears, have confirmed they were not paid. My friends, who basically have run the workaway program for her have told me too: it was all voluntary work, room and board for 5 hours of work.
Thank you.
I have long experience of expat communities as my father worked overseas in strange places and I spent my childhood there.
One major reason for their existence is that they can get away with stuff abroad that would have them in jail at home. Diddling little brown boys was a major incentive in the places we lived when I was little. As a little white girl I was reasonably safe but Paying Attention.
Drinking and being a beach bum, or a conscientious objector, or a draft dodger, or evading a crime, or living a pretentious lifestyle you can't afford at home (servants to rip off and sleep with) all are major motivations in my lifelong observation.
Since I was about 8 years old, for example, I suspected that the great explorer Humboldt, who was the Mick Jagger of 1812, liked little brown boys. Waited decades for the straight skinny bio of Humboldt. Guess what? Even little teeny girls have a nose for news.
This is a really good book for many other reasons, a super good book.
Amazon product

Last edited:
  • Heart

frenchessence

Chatty Member
I think it was Dorothy Dean (if not Dorothy Parker) who got drunk at a party with her gay friends once and laid a trail of cake crumbs to where she lay on the kitchen floor, spread-eagled. She was serious about getting some, even if she chose to try to get it from people who could not give it.
This may fit into Stephanie's neglected childhood.
Very interesting article. Had heard of the phrase ‘friends of Dorothy’ but always thought it was Parker to whom they referred. Clearly not !

gardenia

Hi, new member here. I stumpled upon the Chateau diaries on watching-old-houses-get renovated-binges which started with Windy City Rehab on HGTV and was then followed by Christine McConell's renovation of her creepy 19th century mansion. Currently reading through all the past threads (30+ in just a few momths!!) about this channel. Unfortunately my local HGTV channel only has the Dick and Angel show available and not the DIY spinoff or I guess I would have found out about the chateau sooner!

So far I love:
- Stephanie traveling and visiting museums
- showing other mansions, refurbishings, really anything having to do with interior, art, history
- fashion and DIY
- all the pets

I don't like:
- the costume parties aka appropriation hell
- elaborate food vlogs

Currently on #61 (middle of 2019?). I am sure many of you have already seen all of them so I would like to ask you: will it get better or worse once quarantine starts? Would you recommend her patreon to me?

• Haha

Madame No

VIP Member
She's got a few blue and white dresses. That last one needs to go! It's just plain ugly no matter what. I am dreading the arrival of that horrible yellow dress that she seemed to have worn every other day last year. Maybe it got tossed in the Great Spring Clean-Up. She's so odd with her choice of clothing. On the one hand, she has designer clothes, albeit vintage, and on the other side she has these really cheap Zara dresses. She's all over the place with her style. Back in the old days when I still was enamored with her, I ordered one of the Zara dresses. It was so horribly made from such cheap fabric I immediately sent it back. I see she has brought out the red and white Mexican tablecloth dress already-ugh! She got the same one for her mummy in blue and white - looks absolutely ridiculous on her with her tiny frame. I remember that SJ once wore a navy blazer with a nice dress. She looked great! I do wish she would invest in and wear more classic clothing. She's too old for trendy clothes made for the junior market.
Nah. I just think slavery accusations are over the top and unjustified.
Again, undeclared work and failure to pay the minimum wage rate could be appropriate charges. A labour inspector might want to look into those.
Agree!

purejuice

VIP Member
Here you go......in her humble opinion....
Thank you so much. I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
Is there a link to the FB post for these? Searches of her personal site and her LaLande sites could not locate this.

Last edited:
  • Heart

witchgrass

VIP Member
Nah. I just think slavery accusations are over the top and unjustified.
Again, undeclared work and failure to pay the minimum wage rate could be appropriate charges. A labour inspector might want to look into those.
Workaway apparently flagged all businesses as paid workaways because of minimum wage laws differing between countries. Some hosts were surprised when they were contacted about paid volunteering and had no idea their account read that the position was paid. Considering what the volunteers are doing there I imagine that like the restoration vs b&b situation she has right now with the non-profit, it would be a grey area whether her volunteers would need to be paid or not. It is her home. But don't bother trying to Stephend the hyperbole. It's SLAVERY.

workaway.png

Last edited:

Milre

VIP Member
On the French TV program Bienvenue chez Nous, the couple who got this bedroom....ended up putting the mattress on the floor to be able to sleep for what was left of their night.
No need to say that they were not impressed by the chateau 😅
But Stephanie did win in the end😂

• Haha

black sheep

Funny. Before Covid, I checked her TripAdvisor reviews in the French site. There was some reviews from French customers not really good. Recently, I tried to find these reviews again and couldn't find them. Simply disappeared.
she must have had her online reviews "scrubbed". maybe this is part of Steve's P.R. wizardry. hmmm

Last edited:

Joy no toile

Ok I confess watched the first 1:11 mins of FRK joyous 30. Might save the rest for a later time when I think I to perform a Gibson.

Why does she say she has many friends living with her....

Doesn't she freeload/poison/ behead flowers at Steph's home? Did she buy the Chateau from Steph and boys for florals.

She lives at Steph's amongst Steph's friends. Girl you're bonkers.

Why doesn't she have the aforementioned florals in her studio? Where did all the flowers go!?!?!!?;

Did you see she has enough money for a camper finally?

Posted by her (hasn't sent any lately) flower donating patron. Yup sad woman with only 1 like per post on Facebook.

Standing back from the crowd

Truthfully was disappointed with the begging bowl ...

But they did learn from SSB
We haven’t enough money for all refurbishment - that’s ok 👌

But we won’t be doing any works till November
But bowls out in may ....

Project two - again the 6 month delay

They learned well ....
They read here ... hello 👋

I do like them ... but more her than him
At least her work is interesting and educational
Fair play to him for learning electrics etc ... but I’m bored with endless time it takes for him to complete a door handle etc ...
Wish them well but I’m not overflowing with praise as it now appears

They were in the long grasses biding their time WAITING to join the BBB

Begging Bowl Brigade .....

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😹😹😹😹😹😹

Gotta love ❤ a bank holiday Monday when your first laugh 😂 is befor 10 am

Sherry you absolute melter

There’s TROUBLE 👿
in chit ooo meth er prick

Mummy’s ONLY means of communication of her adoration of the eldest enfant terrible 😞 is on social media

He escaped from your grubby clutches ( partial sympathy )

and WhatsApp dosent work ???
How about direct dial ???

Or are you blocked there too ...

Prehaps spineless Micky does need
A full time carer ... better still a life coach .. 🤔

Considering his sole focus is his only third eye 👁 pal ... that he formally introduced ... after he fecked over patrons AGAIN to go direct to you tube ....

Guess the real TOXIC pressures were real
all family lead ....

Looking forward to hearing how Gwen and billy speilberg and the new baby are coming along - now that’s real good news 🗞

A puss filled spot from excess partying being declared as a new friend 🙁 needs a straight jacket 🧥 ...IT simply isn’t worth 4 k a month 😈
Not defending the Flurries. I've got work that won't start until October because of back logged jobs due to covid restrictions. Took 6 months to have a repair to the water pipes leading into my home.

With regards to patron, to each their own. Think of it like buying tickets to see *your favorite" band. We each have our favorites.

I watch mine free on the internet. 🤣

Did one coffee for a renovator. Supported a food vlogger for a year, they fell apart because of covid.

Standing back from the crowd

Truthfully was disappointed with the begging bowl ...

But they did learn from SSB
We haven’t enough money for all refurbishment - that’s ok 👌

But we won’t be doing any works till November
But bowls out in may ....

Project two - again the 6 month delay

They learned well ....
They read here ... hello 👋

I do like them ... but more her than him
At least her work is interesting and educational
Fair play to him for learning electrics etc ... but I’m bored with endless time it takes for him to complete a door handle etc ...
Wish them well but I’m not overflowing with praise as it now appears

They were in the long grasses biding their time WAITING to join the BBB

Begging Bowl Brigade .....

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😹😹😹😹😹😹

Gotta love ❤ a bank holiday Monday when your first laugh 😂 is befor 10 am

Sherry you absolute melter

There’s TROUBLE 👿
in chit ooo meth er prick

Mummy’s ONLY means of communication of her adoration of the eldest enfant terrible 😞 is on social media

He escaped from your grubby clutches ( partial sympathy )

and WhatsApp dosent work ???
How about direct dial ???

Or are you blocked there too ...

Prehaps spineless Micky does need
A full time carer ... better still a life coach .. 🤔

Considering his sole focus is his only third eye 👁 pal ... that he formally introduced ... after he fecked over patrons AGAIN to go direct to you tube ....

Guess the real TOXIC pressures were real
all family lead ....

Looking forward to hearing how Gwen and billy speilberg and the new baby are coming along - now that’s real good news 🗞

A puss filled spot from excess partying being declared as a new friend 🙁 needs a straight jacket 🧥 ...IT simply isn’t worth 4 k a month 😈
Not defending the Flurries. I've got work that won't start until October because of back logged jobs due to covid restrictions. Took 6 months to have a repair to the water pipes leading into my home.

With regards to patron, to each their own. Think of it like buying tickets to see *your favorite" band. We each have our favorites.

I watch mine free on the internet. 🤣

Did one coffee for a renovator. Supported a food vlogger for a year, they fell apart because of covid.

Last edited:

The Gardener

Chatty Member
Lets talk about them spring cleaning!!!!!
OK :D
If a Spring Clean is ever done and thats a big IF, will the mystery Cleaning Lady be taking part in it?
Is it just a Summer job or an all year one?
How many hours a week does she work? 40? 20? 2? 30minutes?

Incidentally, is there a Washing Lady too or does each inhabitant wash their own clothes / towels / bedding?

Tellingthetruth123

Chatty Member
Looking at the unnaturally large amounts of food that are consumed in the shito on a daily basis it's highly plausible... I should think that the evacuation pipes are under constant and considerable strain, no doubt requiring the intervention of various plumbers at all times of the night and day ... .The inmates are probably used to waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of plumbers struggling to unblock the pipes. Selmar looks as if he's about to explode ... . A closer examination of his clothing would probably confirm that he's coming apart at the seams. Apparently, he's been desperately trying to find a reinforced loo that can cope with the terrible strain of evacuation...
Dirty bugger 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
That's an interesting point. I've always dressed up for a party if it's a formal kind of do for a Birthday. I might do a T shirt with a jacket, rarely a tie. If it's a BBQ I know it's dress informally.
I was probably of the generation that felt it respectful (mum always did this when we were younger) to suit and boot up. Same for interviews, weddings and funerals.
It is for show but I never questioned why I would do it and not about to change now.
Times change and generations change. It is an interesting point of view though.

Dan reminds me very much of someone I work with. He never takes any of the ladies who work with him seriously , he has a good thing going at home and no need to look elsewhere.

Yes, and the more I see Dan in videos (if I am just watching the latest videos or YT playing older videos back to back) I do notice he almost seems playfully annoyed with her, Kinda like how you would be with a dear old friend that annoys you but deep inside you have love and just laugh at each others silly personality quirks.....