Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Quote by Gibson:

Gibson said:
After forcing myself to watch the CD vlog, I then thought I would brave our resident quiet man Selmar. He was very excited for kings day- what a treat! Three years worth of Kings day, with the excitement of balloon blowing to funny games.
In a year, there doesn't seem to be an improvement on the way he presents his vlogs to be honest.
I am impressed with his wardrobe though. Top marks for that. 🤣

To be honest I was super distracted by the bird flying around like crazy in the background during the balloon blowing! DId you see it?

bird.jpg

Reactions: 6

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
If I were a character at Lalande, I'd probably be a Kristy.
Dream on and it might happen. You already have the right qualities for it, I’d say. Who knows, you might even be able to get SJ’s attention, not defending here all too obvious...pfff

• Heart
  • Haha
I do indulge, don't panic it's legal in California where I live and other civilized places nowadays. But those weren't hand rolled joints. Those were filtered cigarette butts. Big difference!

Like a previous post stated, "That train has left the station." Have you been keeping up?
I try my best but these threads are just too much for the time I’m getting to peruse...no need to get sarcastic 🙃

Rory

VIP Member
Re cleaning - I mean where would you start?

Does any of this apply though if he takes off most w/ends and if its only his camper van that stays there?
He always takes the van on his weekends away.

Last edited:

purejuice

VIP Member
@purejuice, yes I agree re Strawbridge children's health. I don't usually comnent on children. However, the understanding of bone density and muscle mass capability being established before 11 years is better understood now days. I am suprised the children are still filmed/photographed. I thought they went to a french school (ie all classes in french).
I hope they do go to French school.
I've only ever been in one place in the world where I couldn't eavesdrop or read the street signs, just because my father was a super linguist and made it clear a little Latin and Greek would go a long way. In Egypt I couldn't make sense of almost anything because I didn't read or speak a little. It would be a shame to grow up in such a world.

purejuice

VIP Member
TomaTE="purejuice, post: 4799202, member: 183810"]
Thank you, I've been reading the site. Is there any evidence Stephanie was not paying them for their work? Tomaz' video is the smoking gun evidence they were doing all the work for her private business. Question is, were they paid? Where is the evidence for or against?
To be fair, the Workaway site has tons of evidence in the feedback pages that Workaways do all the work of B and Bs around the world, with nothing said about their being paid or not. I was shocked.
Tomaz had his luggage stolen. Because he was not paid for his work fans raised 200 for him to buy clothes. His mother had to mail him clothes. If you paid attention to the blogs your evidence is there. The policy here is to tell you to read and watch. I try to be nice but if you get into the Stephfending you can dig for info like everyone else. She used her workaways as slave labor for her business and should be held accountable. Because of visa issues her victims would get into trouble for filing against her. What a fecken biach to have him work for in her business as her unpaid slave and not even buy him clothes. She's a using pos.
[/QUOTE]
If you pay very close attention, you will see I'm seeking standards of evidence that will stand up in court. With links.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

purejuice

VIP Member
Not ever deliberately owning a cat? Not to Stephend here (about to), but I live in a neighborhood, and in a house surrounded by apartments and idiots who take in cats only to leave them behind. It sounds like she's had a series of cat feeders who leave and she was previously too clueless and preoccupied to feed their cats after their resident feeders made the cats dependent on them. If Ruby was ever too wild to catch and neuter, he'd gotten over it before Selmar got there, so someone was taking care of him. It took me a year to even touch the poor calico who was left behind by one of my neighbors, along with two other grown cats, but with a bell on her collar. Poor little lady couldn't even sneak around. I was finally able to cut off her collar and she lived on my porch for 15 years. I honestly don't expect people who didn't grow up with pets to be like me though, and have a literal pet cemetery in their backyard and a thick file at the spay clinic. I just hope they'll be set straight by some tattle-like situation. Ruby seems fine. Now that his pockets are picked, he'd better get ready for cat roommates to move in if they're feeding him outdoors. He shaky-shakes his tail like a real pisser, but that's probably not going away.

Those sheep seem fine too. That breed doesn't need shearing like normal wool bearing breeds of sheep, and they've been shorn at least three times on camera since she started youtubing life. Now she's got Kristy for 2021. If I were a character at Lalande, I'd probably be a Kristy.

They just need those solar powered chicken doors like Castle de Berghe. A bunch of people locally (we have a local backyard hen anarchist group in my town) have those in case they don't get home from work before dark.
Happy to hear they've been sheared on camera three times, thank you.

purejuice

VIP Member
Poor little lady couldn't even sneak around. I was finally able to cut off her collar and she lived on my porch for 15 years.

Those sheep seem fine too. That breed doesn't need shearing like normal wool bearing breeds of sheep, and they've been shorn at least three times on camera since she started youtubing life. Now she's got Kristy for 2021. If I were a character at Lalande, I'd probably be a Kristy.

They just need those solar powered chicken doors like Castle de Berghe. A bunch of people locally (we have a local backyard hen anarchist group in my town) have those in case they don't get home from work before dark.
You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

Patriciarella

VIP Member
Yes, that striked me too.
4:05 built-in cupboards made of Benoît
12:35 "if we can afford them"👋
14:02 thank you patrons, two goals achieved 1. topiary hedges 2. restoration of the 19.cent. wall painting
15:00 more projects to finance 1. facade (will happen until winter, Philip thinks) 2. shutters
whole video 20:52
Tattle is watching you, fleuries 🧐🔬🔍
By the way château façade in YT-subtitles = chat of Assad 😳
View attachment 557456
They could explain or educate also but now they just time lapse through everything. I can watch my husband do yard work but chateau viewing is to see chateaus being worked on. Show people dungeons, towers, unique and historic items.

Morten

From reading some posts about how many food fads they have to cover, maybe the spices were a hint to jazz up the offering? Mind you, after watching a couple of vids, its not like she'd know which aisle you'd find them in..
The spices was sent them along with a recipe, with the intent of using them for this specific dish.

witchgrass

VIP Member
This is surely sad news..I really feel for them...Like you said, never asked for money..and they have to sell..and all those nasty grifters stay afloat...very sad indeed..Let us hope they get a good price for all their hard work!
That's a bummer. I guess the only way for average folks to do this is to try to market the channel with patrons.

Ouch

Leigh Winter
4 hours ago
I really used to love your vlogs. I was just looking back at them seeing how wonderfully natural things were and flowed. I suppose with success comes expectation and I can really tell how planned and contrived your vlogs have become. Such a same as it was the naturalness that caught people’s attention. That said if you have people funded you this will lead you to a place of pleasing others and becoming beholden to expectations. Such a shame. I do hope this doesn’t end badly for you xxx
Read more

She's right. They're playing it up for the haterz. That never goes well.

Just wanted to share this with you. I detested her before this post but now despise her. This was from the live chat yesterday...

The Chateau Diaries

Ruby was abandoned at the chateau by his previous owners, and can’t come into the château as 3 of us are allergic, but I didn’t have the heart to get rid of him. Luckily he’s happy with Selmar

This tell us everything we need to know about SJ. I've never cared for Selmar but I am relieved he is willing to care for the animals.
So, Frank and Ivo?

FlyByeNight

Part of what first caught my eye about LaLande was the suggestion that it was an artistic commune and the volunteers were a part of that. That's what the Manor and Maker grifters are talking about. What precisely they have to teach people like the ancient masonry restorers, or the surrounding farmers who grew up with the Naidaillacs in possession, the chapel restorer, or the goat cheese guy, I'd really like to know.
I do believe worker owned cooperatives are the wave of the future.
I wish I knew more about the way the feudal chateaux worked, we don't want that slavery to return. But imagine Dan and Annelise at the head of such an enterprise. Imagine if LaLande was run as a place to teach artisanal trades -- half paying guests, half non paying. You could learn to restore masonry, cut and fit beams and tiles, electricity and plumbing for old buildings plus eco friendly French drains, rainwater cisterns, solar panelling, wind energy, small farm animal husbandry, forest management, heritage botany and birds/bugs/etc., mill restoration or solar powered milling projects and heritage organic farming. Taught by the locals en Francais. That would be cool. See you there, mama. I'll be the one wrassling the sheep, getting some goats for cheese making, shearing sheep and researching old Le Berry wool knitting patterns and broderie/lace making for workshops with very rich American broads who pay $100 a skein for trophy wool. And an equal number of local artistic textile students, gratis. Toile de Jouy, mon cul. See, my French is getting better already.
I have no doubt as @FrenchGirl123 says France is full of well-restored chateaux owned and run by the French, giving back to their village and not just serf jobs. I need to look into that and find out what's happening.
Thanks for your initial thoughts, inspiring.
You're welcome, I'm with you, on board with this, cool ideas! Wish things at Lalande were more like this. It's deeper and more satisfying. They could also produce while they learn, and have a shop to sell those $100 wool skeins!

• Heart

Rory

VIP Member
Re moving Selmar's van, he seems to have set himself up a bit with an outdoir seating area. Perhaos the van and related accessories are a wee bit in the way at the moment as that area has a lot of other work underway. Maybe deliveries, or workspace for daily work is a bit cramped.