Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maple fairy

VIP Member
A really good example of someone who has done an exceptional job of using Patreon is Christine McConnell. Of course, she is incredibly creative, but she is also very smart. Her videos are almost exclusively for patrons, which probably wouldn't work for most people. She made her name with a Netflix series but she went exclusively with Patreon because she could make more money and have complete creative control over content. That said, the few videos she has posted for the general audience on YT are very well done. She obviously takes a long time planning things out. She is methodical, calm (no hysterics, no mania) and very clear about what she is doing. She doesn't disclose how much she rakes in on Patreon, but I suspect it's quite a bit considering she has been able to buy a mansion in New York while still owning an incredible house in California, which is for sale if anyone is interested. Too many people seem to think they can just film themselves doing work, that just doesn't hold people's attention. You've got to give them entertainment and/or information/knowledge, preferably both. Not easy.
Love Christine McConnell! Got my husband into her Netflix series. He loved it! Fraggle Rock & maybe at times Peewee Herman. So sad Netflix did not renew it!

Reactions: 4

purejuice

VIP Member
[QUOTE="Who_Cares_Anyway?, post: 4810440, member: 204124"

(Just for reference - this dress was not actually by Issey Miyake but by the designer Yuki. He made it for her in two colours and Lilian even got Queen Silvia to start wearing his designs.)
[/QUOTE]
She was wonderful. Those early pre-Bertil pix of her! Thank you for the CX.

Attachments

• Heart

Joy no toile

For a skinny woman, SJ looks thick About the middle in that yellow dress she wore golfing on kings day.
She has a slender build with no hips but a thick waist. That's why that black, slinky, gift sheath was uninspiring as was the golf dress. I guess "flowy" is better on her -- with underpants included., of course!
She does have that bloated middle aged body now. Perhaps that's why high placed belts, over sized jumpers and short dresses with more cleavage showing attire. Do personally admire how she devolves into a characture of herself.

By that dress FRK wore, Isabelle wore it better

Screenshot_20210329-200632__02.jpg

darkone

That's an interesting point. I've always dressed up for a party if it's a formal kind of do for a Birthday. I might do a T shirt with a jacket, rarely a tie. If it's a BBQ I know it's dress informally.
I was probably of the generation that felt it respectful (mum always did this when we were younger) to suit and boot up. Same for interviews, weddings and funerals.
It is for show but I never questioned why I would do it and not about to change now.
Times change and generations change. It is an interesting point of view though.

I have always loved suits, pointed heels ... and fedoras and hats later. In recent years, I am the only one with a black suit on at a funeral and people have gone so casual. I think I identify most with my grandparents generation in connection with this sort of thing but then my parents were the same way. On that note, I think SJ looks so much better when she does wear some sort of suit than these strange dresses!
That was one of my criticisms of him regarding the children originally being on film.
I find myself conflicted as enjoy his vlogs and I like his can do attitude to the house. He really has rebuilt it.
Personally would prefer more house renovation and less family, but clear to see those boys are mini Dans. It's a personal choice they made to include the children and family life. Much the same way I enjoy Dick and Angel's series its all part and parcel of their life.
On the vlog front his are short, so as his skills progress I expect he spends less time editing. I don't know though as we are only shown a microcosm of their life.

Her personality quirks are a tad grating with the loud 'Yoohooo' and summons from the balcony. I would be annoyed if women blatantly came onto me at work or were flashing. That's where a line could be crossed and as a man one needs to be very careful not to react to these things.

I was always brought up to respect women and I would expect women to respect themselves and have the confidence to just be and respect boundaries. From what I see that doesn't always come across which is poor editing or a certain blindness to her self image/flirty mannerisms if that's the case.

That's my perspective on it all. Others may have a different view, that's the beauty of a worldwide forum like this. It is interesting to read it.

My better half is also the same height. I asked her opinion, she said she should have worn pants! Also added she probably has given them all to Philip so just has the pristeen boiler suit (brought out for the channel 4 show)
She liked to wear high heels when at a formal do, with flats in the bag for later on ;) Her comment on the floaty dresses favoured by SJ. Looks good on a child of 4-8 years old (if they will wear it) on an adult they look pathetic.
To the hiking up...she said no comment! 🤣
I agree with her! Personally, I love suits rather than dresses.....as a “girl”....and also love fedoras and other types of hats. (We will see if in one of the coming videos someone is wearing a hat or if SJ wears a suit!)

The suit that Philip had on was definitely meant for a woman in my opinion....one of SJ’s?

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
Lucky you. My people are the meanest white people in the world. Except maybe for the Boers.
Skirt made from modern American Indian or African wax resist fabric.
And one of these:
And you, comrade?
Why ??

• Haha

Kickintheass

VIP Member
The chateau's B&B rooms seem to be booked up on Booking.com. (Despite the mice, hygiene practices, building work, nutcases living there and that camera!) I only checked random dates up to September I got bored after that. It's also on a luxury hotels site. Must be those crazy fans!View attachment 557207
That's a different chateau. I said previously how terrible it would be if you had booked this one in Crozon but accidentally set your sat nav to HMN in Berry.

• Haha

The Gardener

Chatty Member
BG is a snake in the grass. Wouldn't trust her at all. She has anger issues and comes across as being very immature and ridiculous. If you are promoting yourself as a tour guide, you need to post a picture of yourself, no matter what you look like. She's insecure and childish.
Absolutely. Very well said

FrenchGirl123

Chatty Member
May I ask what is your favorite book about la France profonde? I'm very very interested in your take on this.

(Mine include two of the top 10 best books I've ever read:
Amazon product
Amazon product)

I enjoyed this one very much too.
Amazon product

And this wonderful classic piece now nearly 40 years old from Francine du Plessix Grey on her family:
I know none of them, sorry.
But Leroy-Ladurie would be my choice. A great historian and writer. And Middle-Age is my favorite time.

Reactions: 3

darkone

Perhaps he isnt 'allowed' in the house either because someone has an allergy or with the smoke staining the decor and the dirty ashtrays that would never do!
SJ referred to MPK’s smoking as a “dirty habit” in one of the older vlogs I watched last year and in another vlog they were at a party at his family’s location where she wore that yellow “custard” dress that she almost seemed to fall out of and he was smoking there as he was dancing about? 😉

It's been well revealed in previous threads. She knows. They know.
I will have to spend months catching up with reading! 😊

purejuice

VIP Member
I

She has some of the ugliest shoes I have ever seen! I don't think these would look good with anything, but pairing them up with that dress is awful on all accounts. This is something a crazy or senile old lady might do. She is way ahead of her time in that respect.
Like it or not, that shade of blue is the other national color of the Dutch. The queen and their children all wore it when the king was crowned.

Totally agree. He is a great dad and those two lads clearly adore him. Annalise is lovely, down to earth and practical. They are a perfect pair. I could see them being like the Fleuries if they ever got a Chateau. He is a quick learner and neither of them are afraid to roll their sleeves up and get on with it.

I didn't know much about Dan at all. When I first started watching CD and first saw Dan -- it was SJ that was the flirty one. I think his smiles were kind, but I thought maybe she mihgt have liked him at first-- but shes just super giggly in general. LOL

witchgrass

VIP Member
Well you must roll them differently then they do in my part of Canada. Do you use filters?
And sorry for the stupid glitch promise I am not indulging in the wacky tabacky!
No those are definitely cigarettes. He probably uses a pipe for weed.

What do you need? DNA from her sheets? Video evidence of them banging on the vlog? I never believed for one moment SJ was in to MethPeth. He was gay and they had chemistry but it was absolutely platonic - but this one is different. It has been, is now, but is not "ever shall be."
This has me laughing!!!!!!! OMG you're so funny its great !!!!!