The Chateau Diaries #311 Got to pretend to be in the UK for 181 days a year to be a UK tax resident!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm shocked Ch4 are using Fanny at all anymore. There are so many other worthy chateau owners I wish Ch4 would film.
Ch4 are using Fanny as filler because her projects are crap (Wedgewood hallway, wallpapering), can't be done (illegal pond drainage), or unfinished (bedroom). I guess we now know why Scotman buzzed over for a couple of days.

The only project that was finished was the gazebo and that's because Amuary worked his ass off on his own and Fanny & Snorty weren't involved. It has nothing to do with Fanny reserving projects for her own viewers. Ch4 will only allow Fanny to do a small job stripping a chest because that's all they can trust her to do and even then I bet Ch4 isn't convinced.
She is their CLOWN for comic relief. We know it, but she doesn't. So we can smile to ourselves that she doesn't realise.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
My magic tureen predicts Marie’s meltdown will happen on Sunday, August 11th.

Tureen or not tureen…that is the question!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I used to have a boss who had reporters and photogs up in his face all the time. I learned from him to say, "Let me put this is a way that you can't print it....." (Print, you're old enough to remember print, non?)
Amaury displayed the same technique with his slappy slappy balls dumpling recipe segment, and has gradually disappeared altogether from the camera. (Did you notice Jarvis saying she won't be uploading new heating footage until she can press a button and the heat goes on? Not clear if it will never be seen or not, wonder if that's because the previous footage she uploaded was inspected by the investigation into Christophe Frye's death, and she wants to avoid collecting more evidence of malfeasance.)
Marie, my advice to you when Potts comes around shooting when he's interfering with dinner production: Point the knife at him and emit a series of filthy words. (Just had a flash on Potts baking bread during the production of Christmas dinner: He's a recidivist on this.)
Billy I can remember "Print" .... I can also remember the the milk man and his horse delivering the milk in the early morning..... one time he got into trouble as the ladies where complaining about his swearing to the horse that sometimes when on ahead when he should have stopped! :love:
I miss not hearing the clop of horses hoofs and they were SO well looked after too!!!
Unlike Fanny and her poor livestock. :cry:
God I am old Billy!!!
Yes...... the pointing of the knife would get that sooky Potts running away Pronto !! 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️
---
Do Snort's pants button up?
Well he is a "Sex Pest"....... allegedly !!! :whistle:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Billy I can remember "Print" .... I can also remember the the milk man and his horse delivering the milk in the early morning..... one time he got into trouble as the ladies where complaining about his swearing to the horse that sometimes when on ahead when he should have stopped! :love:
I miss not hearing the clop of horses hoofs and they were SO well looked after too!!!
Unlike Fanny and her poor livestock. :cry:
God I am old Billy!!!
Yes...... the pointing of the knife would get that sooky Potts running away Pronto !! 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️
---

Well he is a "Sex Pest"....... allegedly !!! :whistle:
😠I remember, in my grandmother's little Mayberry town, picking up the phone and telling a live operator the number. She'd connect you. One one two oh -- if I called do you think my grandma would answer?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I've spent the last hour and a half "hopequesting" here. Thank you all for providing me with some light!

1717991794692.png

• Heart
Reactions: 28
What date is Stephanie’s bday?

Aldo didn’t Stephanie show the heating room with Amaury and Uncle - when he gave her dirty looks? Wasn’t that post Christopher’s death?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
My magic tureen predicts Marie’s meltdown will happen on Sunday, August 11th.

Tureen or not tureen…that is the question!
OK..... own up Eva......... you pinched that magic tureen off Snorts window sill didn't you ??? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 26
OK..... own up Eva......... you pinched that magic tureen off Snorts window sill didn't you ??? 😉
Yes, I did pinch it off his window sill!
Hmmm…and to be totally honest, I am not even sure it is a tureen!
Oh lord! It’s a chamber pot! 🥴💩🤢

• Haha
Thank you for the new thread as usual @ComtesseRose and congratulations to the VIPs @AndAnotherName , @Frenchie0810 and @shatcho shiek

Do you know my heart bleeds for her having to spend a day doing some irrelevant piece of DIY for TV, it's about time she was dropped. You just know whatever it is they've run themselves ragged doing it will be of no constructive use.

As if we hadn't realised the Disney Chapel had gone over budget.

They will all be happening the other major works....... I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh shut up Potts and piss off to your next GP you bore me, don't expect you cleared up after the cooking attempt either.

Leave the restorers stuff alone, a sure fire way to piss them off.

Marie being hasseled by a useless F1 photgrapher and full time tosser.

Having to pay not only 75 euros for another itzy bitzy meal to then be stuck at the table with Potts.

Switched off when the singing statred.

PS.....don't keep going on about the lack of heating and hinting to it being their fault for the accident. It was Christophe's decision to be on that cherry picker and just tragic what ended up happening. Just get on and get it done and then leave it at that.

• Heart
What a load of shite. Fanny just getting up and going downstairs to start her Channel 4 filming, it is already early afternoon as Pavlina who enters the kitchen has already done a mornings work on the terrace. Pavlina who is now a volunteer rather than a refugee along with Dingo the other “volunteer” who has to buy his own food.
The smug little fucker was decidedly absent until the guest dinner. He must have spent a very long time in hair and makeup to ensure that he was camera ready for his starring role in the latest epic to be screened for the delight of all Channel 4 viewers. Thinking about things, it is probably easier for Fanny to give the impression that Anne Marie is permanently down south helping ton ton and two tons rather than openly admit that he has point blank refused to be filmed any more.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
This is my Favourite ....... The Serial Killer Photo !!!
Washing it down with a nice chianti ...... yum, yum , yum.

Or in Thrush's case a Lumbrusco with a picture of a Squirrel on the label. Thrush doesn't have the class for a Chianti.
---
Sunday, July 14, 2024. Also known as Bastille Day.
😶🤔🤨
Shall we arrange Madame Guillotine in the courtyard? Don't forget your knitting... and pies.
---
@eileeng2492
1 hour ago
Love the chapel but you need to go back to some basics. Renovation, your volunteers,struggling to make it better. So happy for your financial uplift by remember, most of the world is truly struggling to make their bills and afford the basics. Everyone loves your travel blogs because you are a natural at it. When your mom was living there,she kept it so real.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@carolinegooder7091
54 minutes ago
During the Pandemic the B&B business was closed. Now it is opened and supports some of the maintenance of the Chateau. Sorry if you don't see all of the work Natti, Dave and Amaury do behind the scenes but that is their choice. Pavlina and Grant are the only volunteers currently there
---
@Dao0253
1 hour ago
I really wondered about Benoit constantly mentioning how tricky and difficult it was "turning out to be".

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago
Also, the damage to the roof, around the windows, venting system being added, floor, and the side area
---
@sonnykat462
1 hour ago (edited)
Maybe mother nature will fill your lake for you before you get to it.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago
All of the trees must be removed from the lake bottom but not while the birds are nesting. They will build an island in the lake for visiting and picnics said Stephanie
---
@eleanorchapple8772
1 hour ago
The chapel is exquisite. The restorers are amazingly fastidious and are creating a fabulous gem. There cannot be a chapel more beautiful in all of France nor indeed in the whole world

@Jehzell963
1 hour ago
I agree, but I get the sense they are not trying to get it done as quickly as they could while still doing a proper job. I think they found their cash cow! I think the one we hear from the most is a bit of a charlatan.
Ffs, Caroline Goodytwoshoes 🤢🤮 So the damage to the roof...!!???! Is this where the giant corner stone was pulled out with the phone cable? Or, is this some other damage? Say, when a man fell from the extended, toppling nacelle?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
So La Jarvis thinks refilling a perfume bottle is renovating. But she also believes that randomly throwing together snippets of 14 days is editing.

Was Gerry there for the DIY filming? Phiphi probably just coordinated the project and posed for the camera, he certainly didn't work.

The only reason I'm interested in the lake is because of the possible impact on the chapel. I am sure that the draining of the lake was a contributing factor to many structural problems. If the lake comes back, new problems will arise. Let the party begin and the tears flow.

I guess Marie's Schnischnaschnappi day will be the first Patreon day. 🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊

• Heart
That Caroline Gooder - tip her off the page...mouthpiece of the Shitoo. However IF she's real, then she needs treatment, living vicariously day & night at Lielande noting every single action & commenting/justifying continuously. Watches each video "3 times". Doesn't all that add up to stalking? Come on Snorts, it's getting just too obvious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
What a bastard Potts is filming FRK's food prep and she really did not want him there!!!
Put the camera down and bloody help her ...... no, that is like Work. :mad:

Because he's a total and utter selfish wanker..........I cannot stand the useless git.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

Because he's a total and utter selfish wanker..........I cannot stand the useless git.
Flashback to the time his apartment had a makeover & his ex was doing the shifting, painting etc - she had a go at him on camera saying " you've done nothing, I bet you've just been watching the cricket"

• Haha
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.